0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

lichme

quality posts: 2693 Private Messages lichme

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Philips Stereo Headset for Android
$19.99 + $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

slappywhite2001

quality posts: 4 Private Messages slappywhite2001

and what exactly makes these "for android?"

I do enjoy a good grilled cheese sandwich.

aarondr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aarondr
slappywhite2001 wrote:and what exactly makes these "for android?"

The button + microphone remote.

mwitt08

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mwitt08

The app that goes with them.

They will work as headphones with any device but the remote and mic seem to work only with an android loaded with their app.

nrosenberg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nrosenberg

Presumably, the Android app for configuration of the phone/music controls.

AvohkahTamer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AvohkahTamer

This reviews pretty well on Amazon, so I'm honestly surprised it's selling so slow here. I'd get one, but I already have multiple decent pairs of headphones (including some with inline controls for my phone).

DREEDDRI

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DREEDDRI

I have been looking for headphones that work with Motorola Photon. Standard phones do not work. Will these?

lordhep

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lordhep

This will go perfect with the Transformer Prime that I bought for my wife. X-mas shopping finished... Under budget... Thanks Woot! Now I just have to make bogus receipts showing retail prices for everything....

SerialBeggar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages SerialBeggar

I picked these up when they came up 2 weeks ago. Works well with my Droid-X.

I wear prescription glasses and these are pretty comfy even after a hour when I'm using them with my mp3 player. Other headsets have too much pressure on my glasses' ear pieces which cause pain on my ears after 10 mins, along with distorting my focus.

They sound pretty good for music, but I admit that I'm not an audiophile.

wake me at midnight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wake me at midnight

It's like deja vu all over again.

AvohkahTamer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AvohkahTamer
DREEDDRI wrote:I have been looking for headphones that work with Motorola Photon. Standard phones do not work. Will these?

You sure it's a compatibility issue? I'm seeing a lot of reports that the Photon's physical headphone jack has some quality control issues. The actual plug for these is no different than other standard 3.5mm plugs. Bluetooth audio should work fine on your phone, though.

If your headphone jack does definitely work, then this headset will work (at least for audio). The inline button functionality depends on whether your phone supports it (or the Philips app).

geekgirl717

quality posts: 1 Private Messages geekgirl717

Picked these up last time.

I wear glasses and typically don't have much luck with on the ear headphones. With the memory foam on these, though, they're very comfortable, I wore them for an hour and a half listening to music with no discomfort.

I did not install the app for these, and they worked like a charm on my Skyrocket II, no problem. Sound is clear on my end, and my friends have no problem hearing me.

I also plugged them into the speaker jack on my PC and the sound there is fine as well. I cannot say if the mic works as I did not test that on the PC at all.

This is a good deal for a quality product IMHO.

catch9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages catch9

Very comfortable. Great sound. Compare favorably to my old Koss from Radio Shack years ago. Buy them.

Einsteinus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Einsteinus

I need another head

Einsteinus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Einsteinus
AvohkahTamer wrote:You sure it's a compatibility issue? I'm seeing a lot of reports that the Photon's physical headphone jack has some quality control issues. The actual plug for these is no different than other standard 3.5mm plugs. Bluetooth audio should work fine on your phone, though.

If your headphone jack does definitely work, then this headset will work (at least for audio). The inline button functionality depends on whether your phone supports it (or the Philips app).

Maybe you should try Neutrons instead?

themdg

quality posts: 12 Private Messages themdg

It's 100% annoying that this apple/google fight extends this far. If my headphones have the right connector, and a mic/volume/etc button piece...let it work with any phone, fcol.

Wootlists are silly.

zwayne

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zwayne

Excellent reviews on Amazon; in for one. C'mon folks, do your share and buy this so we can get to the next woot!

f00l

quality posts: 1 Private Messages f00l

Bought these last time. sound is fine for me (non-audiophile). comfortable enuf. too blunky for me to want to wear outside the house, so I will prob give them away for "wrong form factor for me" reasons. people I called said I sounded fine. no info on durability, as I won't use them that much. overall, OK, if they are the right size for you.

zwayne

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zwayne
f00l wrote:...too blunky for me to want to wear outside the house...

Do you mean "big + lunky" or as per the urban dictionary: "To become or to be intoxicated. After drinking all the shots im BLUNKY.
drunk intoxicated lit ripped hammered"

RobertB

quality posts: 10 Private Messages RobertB

The box looks great. I won't know how they sound until my kid gives them to me for Christmas. Best way to get what you want: buy it yourself, let wife sneak it to kid saying "Your dad would *love* this!"

Cr@p-free no more as of 5/26/2010!
(Previous B-to-the-OC: 11/17/2006)
i can haz quality post? zomg!

cuellarku

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cuellarku

I edit video for a living and it's important to have good audio equipment. I love these headphones. Much crisper sound than I expected from headphones don't go over the entire ear. And once they're adjusted properly their comfortable for 8+ hours. $25 during woot off.

RobertB

quality posts: 10 Private Messages RobertB

They sound great, the mike seems to be picking me up ok, and they are ridiculously comfortable compared to everything else I've tried. Been listening to Chiptune on Songza all day with no discomfort.

Cr@p-free no more as of 5/26/2010!
(Previous B-to-the-OC: 11/17/2006)
i can haz quality post? zomg!