0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
ChargeBlock 10W USB Car Adapter
$5.99 + $5 Standard OR $8 Two-Day OR $11 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

madgonad

quality posts: 1 Private Messages madgonad

You can buy these for 87 cents, delivered, from Amazon.

jw10ec

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jw10ec

Will it work on my Atari?

Charitwo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Charitwo

this is kinda small, ain't it?

looks like it'd be hard to remove from the power port in your car after you put it in

videogrinch

quality posts: 4 Private Messages videogrinch

If only it had two USB slots.

auctionsaver

quality posts: 19 Private Messages auctionsaver

yes... but these are 2.1A not the normal .5 or 1

InFrom

quality posts: 34 Private Messages InFrom

I gather this won't be right for my HP TouchPad?

kevinfairchild

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevinfairchild
auctionsaver wrote:yes... but these are 2.1A not the normal .5 or 1

On an Android device, you'll want to use a charging cable (or make one) with the data pins shorted. Otherwise, it'll think it's a normal USB connection rather than AC and won't take advantage of the 2.1A available. If the phone thinks it's connected via USB, it'll only pull .5A

ayan4m1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ayan4m1
InFrom wrote:I gather this won't be right for my HP TouchPad?

I'm not sure of this but my TouchPad AC adapter is 2.0 amps - it would seem to be viable.

buscheag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buscheag
madgonad wrote:You can buy these for 87 cents, delivered, from Amazon.

link?

fredges

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fredges

If it were 10A, to work with my iPad, I'd buy a handful. It would never leave my cig lighter hole. But alas ... insufficient amps!

*Edit: I stand corrected! (thank you) It will work! Yay! In for three!!!

krazye

quality posts: 1 Private Messages krazye
videogrinch wrote:If only it had two USB slots.

I bought a two-port adapter from Amazon for only a couple bucks more than this item. I'm able to charge both my ipad and my Android phone while driving.
http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Compact-High-Output-Charger/dp/B00470C35E/ref=pd_sim_sbs_cps_3

--
Krazy E

splorg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages splorg
kevinfairchild wrote:On an Android device, you'll want to use a charging cable (or make one) with the data pins shorted. Otherwise, it'll think it's a normal USB connection rather than AC and won't take advantage of the 2.1A available. If the phone thinks it's connected via USB, it'll only pull .5A

To be clear, this will be true for any non-Apple device. Most of these companies build their adapters to target Apple products. Any non-Apple product will only charge at 0.5 Amps, unless you modify it.

jsbovitz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsbovitz
kevinfairchild wrote:On an Android device, you'll want to use a charging cable (or make one) with the data pins shorted. Otherwise, it'll think it's a normal USB connection rather than AC and won't take advantage of the 2.1A available. If the phone thinks it's connected via USB, it'll only pull .5A

How do you short the data pins?

mikelally

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mikelally
Charitwo wrote:this is kinda small, ain't it?

looks like it'd be hard to remove from the power port in your car after you put it in

It has a metal bracket that folds up to pull it out. Check the pictures on amazon.

Loeb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Loeb
madgonad wrote:You can buy these for 87 cents, delivered, from Amazon.

Proove it

rhoffpauir

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rhoffpauir
fredges wrote:If it were 10A, to work with my iPad, I'd buy a handful. It would never leave my cig lighter hole. But alas ... insufficient amps!

iPad Charger 5.1 volts 2.1 amps 10 watts

madgonad

fredges wrote:If it were 10A, to work with my iPad, I'd buy a handful. It would never leave my cig lighter hole. But alas ... insufficient amps!

If it tried to pull that much power it would blow the fuse in your car. Outlets are generally on 15W fuses. You would need a 50W fuse - which doesn't exist. I think the biggest non-engine fuses are 30W.

khufu413

quality posts: 12 Private Messages khufu413

Your ipad is 10w at 5v (2 amps). This is perfect for it.

InFrom

quality posts: 34 Private Messages InFrom
ayan4m1 wrote:I'm not sure of this but my TouchPad AC adapter is 2.0 amps - it would seem to be viable.

Thanks, I decided to give it a try, since I already have free shipping for the day. For 6 bucks, what the heck?

madgonad

Loeb wrote:Proove it

They ship straight from Hong Kong. No super-saver, just free shipping. There are all kinds available. 0.5A, 1A, 1.8A.. single or dual port. When I ordered it took about 10 days to arrive (through the mail).

khufu413

splorg wrote:To be clear, this will be true for any non-Apple device. Most of these companies build their adapters to target Apple products. Any non-Apple product will only charge at 0.5 Amps, unless you modify it.

And to be even more clear (I cannot attest to android comments) iPhones will only draw 5w max. It's limited within the phone, regardless of what the charger can safely deliver. And before someone else says it (because they always do), NO, your iphone is not charging faster on an ipad or any other 10w charger. It simply will not draw more than 5w.

jundaj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jundaj

No your not supposed to take the Xoom and the charging cable out of the bag o crap, sell them together!

Loeb

madgonad wrote:They ship straight from Hong Kong. No super-saver, just free shipping. There are all kinds available. 0.5A, 1A, 1.8A.. single or dual port. When I ordered it took about 10 days to arrive (through the mail).

So it's not the same thing then.

NewEnglishMutt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NewEnglishMutt
khufu413 wrote:And to be even more clear (I cannot attest to android comments) iPhones will only draw 5w max. It's limited within the phone, regardless of what the charger can safely deliver. And before someone else says it (because they always do), NO, your iphone is not charging faster on an ipad or any other 10w charger. It simply will not draw more than 5w.

Whether it charges an iPhone faster or at the same rate as a 5W plug, it's nice to be able to use the same plug for the iPad I'm sure I will someday buy...

shanesny

quality posts: 3 Private Messages shanesny

Once that lil'chub is inserted... seems like it would be hard to pull out. Amiright?

madgonad

Loeb wrote:Proove it

800ma
http://www.amazon.com/GTMax-Charger-Vehicle-Power-Adapter/dp/B003TULUI4/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1355179693&sr=1-1&keywords=car+adapter+usb

1A
http://www.amazon.com/Eigertec-Charger-Adapter-Players-Digital/dp/B0049BIAS0/ref=sr_1_16?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1355179760&sr=1-16&keywords=car+adapter+usb

2A (and 2 plug)
http://www.amazon.com/GTMax-Metalic-Charger-Adapter-Lanyard/dp/B005XREUKQ/ref=sr_1_44?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1355179870&sr=1-44&keywords=car+adapter+usb

I can't find the one I ordered, there are hundreds of them. I received the 2A version with 1 plug.

khufu413

NewEnglishMutt wrote:Whether it charges an iPhone faster or at the same rate as a 5W plug, it's nice to be able to use the same plug for the iPad I'm sure I will someday buy...

Absolutely. This is a good deal for a 10w adapter in my opinion. I'm in for one, and wish I bought two.

Loeb

madgonad wrote:800ma
http://www.amazon.com/GTMax-Charger-Vehicle-Power-Adapter/dp/B003TULUI4/ref=sr_1_1?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1355179693&sr=1-1&keywords=car+adapter+usb

1A
http://www.amazon.com/Eigertec-Charger-Adapter-Players-Digital/dp/B0049BIAS0/ref=sr_1_16?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1355179760&sr=1-16&keywords=car+adapter+usb

2A (and 2 plug)
http://www.amazon.com/GTMax-Metalic-Charger-Adapter-Lanyard/dp/B005XREUKQ/ref=sr_1_44?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1355179870&sr=1-44&keywords=car+adapter+usb

I can't find the one I ordered, there are hundreds of them. I received the 2A version with 1 plug.

Like I said, not the same thing.