0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
TIC 5" Wireless Rock Speakers (Pair)
$144.99 + $5 Standard OR $10 Two-Day OR $20 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

mdickinson

quality posts: 11 Private Messages mdickinson

So can these play other kinds of music, too, like classical, easy listening, country, reggae... or just, well, you know...

mjvaughn

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mjvaughn

"These will be really easy to hide when you're living in a mound of rubble."

Well, it's a good thing I live in a mound of rubble then! These will be perfect here.

Bazinga!

chardonay

quality posts: 29 Private Messages chardonay

The problem with these is, you still need a power source, so even if they are wireless, you have to have them right up to the house to plug them in, or eat up endless batteries. Outside speakers are way better wired. It's easier to hide speaker wire

What Contemptible Scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch??

devoyr

quality posts: 4 Private Messages devoyr

Rock On! (Apologies to David Essex)

philgonet

quality posts: 11 Private Messages philgonet
chardonay wrote:The problem with these is, you still need a power source, so even if they are wireless, you have to have them right up to the house to plug them in, or eat up endless batteries. Outside speakers are way better wired. It's easier to hide speaker wire

Absolutely. What we need are either rechargable wireless speakers - or better yet - solar rechargables... that would be great poolside!

sysop073

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sysop073

All the people who bought the camo speakers are kicking themselves right now

drllama

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drllama
sysop073 wrote:All the people who bought the camo speakers are kicking themselves right now

They'd be kicking the speakers if they could find them.....

chardonay

quality posts: 29 Private Messages chardonay
philgonet wrote:Absolutely. What we need are either rechargable wireless speakers - or better yet - solar rechargables... that would be great poolside!

I'm with you!!! Think SharkTank!

What Contemptible Scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch??

tictech

quality posts: 5 Private Messages tictech
philgonet wrote:Absolutely. What we need are either rechargable wireless speakers - or better yet - solar rechargables... that would be great poolside!

True but, Ok, let’s look at your premise logically and simply. “Rechargeable batteries”, as we’ve all discovered have what’s called “memory.” Many people have discovered that it is best to recharge your batteries in laptops etc. only once they’ve fully run out of power or like wireless house phones you put back on the hook after a call, pretty soon the phone is only good for a short time before suddenly it needs recharging… used to a short charge and won’t hold one longer.

Solar charging (batteries) are worse. They are only good for so many charges, typically 500, which you burn through much faster than you think before they cannot hold a charge or 2. Solar charging/ batteries are just ok for lighting, very low power levels, led, but try to use a battery or device that requires millivolts consistently and you get; and hour? Maybe two at best.

Even modern laptops with their $250+ lithium batteries are known to have a limited life time… then what? Plug it in or it’s useless? Apple is brilliant. Ever notice while “other” devices lose the extent of their battery life as normal while apple instead loses the power of their effectiveness. i.e. their units hold charge but get slower and slower in operation.

Have a 3 or 3S iphone? You’ll notice it. Was so fast a year or two ago…

Truth is mankind is still looking for an “efficient” battery… although in the future chemical batteries are showing a little promise…

Be well guys.

philgonet

quality posts: 11 Private Messages philgonet
tictech wrote:True but, Ok, let’s look at your premise logically and simply. “Rechargeable batteries”, as we’ve all discovered have what’s called “memory.” Many people have discovered that it is best to recharge your batteries in laptops etc. only once they’ve fully run out of power or like wireless house phones you put back on the hook after a call, pretty soon the phone is only good for a short time before suddenly it needs recharging… used to a short charge and won’t hold one longer.

Solar charging (batteries) are worse. They are only good for so many charges, typically 500, which you burn through much faster than you think before they cannot hold a charge or 2. Solar charging/ batteries are just ok for lighting, very low power levels, led, but try to use a battery or device that requires millivolts consistently and you get; and hour? Maybe two at best.

Even modern laptops with their $250+ lithium batteries are known to have a limited life time… then what? Plug it in or it’s useless? Apple is brilliant. Ever notice while “other” devices lose the extent of their battery life as normal while apple instead loses the power of their effectiveness. i.e. their units hold charge but get slower and slower in operation.

Have a 3 or 3S iphone? You’ll notice it. Was so fast a year or two ago…

Truth is mankind is still looking for an “efficient” battery… although in the future chemical batteries are showing a little promise…

Be well guys.

Actually, I have some AR speakers that are set up to handle re-chargables internally when they are plugged in. Yes, the batteries eventually go bad/won't hold a charge, but since they are replaceable that's not much of an issue.
If you use these around a pool you have the issue of running 110 v to the adapter with water nearby(or in my case, saltwater) which is not a good combination.
Unfortunately, the AR speakers are not water resistant, so splashing is an issue- you know how kids are with 'cannonballs'...
Guess I will just have to run speaker wire and put out wired speakers...