WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: The communal coffee’s out.
  • 60.3% - Make more. 1589
  • 39.7% - Sneak away and check back later. 1046
2635 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

tuesday949

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tuesday949

Always leave your surroundings better than when you arrived.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann
tuesday949 wrote:Always leave your surroundings better than when you arrived.

this

Boredmaster

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Boredmaster
CowboyDann wrote:this

I've fired people for this! Seriously, you're either someone who improves the world, or worsens it. If you believe in heaven or Karma, or both, or neither, you should realize that you aren't the center of the universe and should do the right thing as often as possible.

bblhed

quality posts: 9 Private Messages bblhed

I don't drink coffee, but if I did I guess I would make more if it was empty because if I wanted it enough to go and get it I probably would want it enough to make more if there was no more.

cwells100

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cwells100

Shenanigans!? If 61.4% would refill the pot, then how come 90% of the time I go for a cup, the blasted contraption is bone-dry, or filled with only a sad puddle of that bottom-of-the-pot burnt resin-like business that we all love so much? I must work with a bunch of animals...

Ummwhat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ummwhat

Who cares, coffee sucks.

And you would be???

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser

The one I love is the guy who brings his own 8 cup carafe and fills it, leaving half a cup and walks away.

jackw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jackw

Neither. I don't drink coffee.

I live the way I type, FAST, with a lot of mistakes.

tiler100

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiler100

Today we find out how much of the population is absolutely contemptible.

calicojack42

quality posts: 3 Private Messages calicojack42

There needs to be a third option:

Smirk at the coffee drinkers and make another cup of tea.

MISRy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MISRy

I don't drink coffee, (as I sip from my second Monster so far today).

ruadog

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ruadog
cwells100 wrote:I must work with a bunch of animals...

I always had the same thoughts about the way most people treated the office fridge and sink. I was only able to come to 2 conclusions:

1 - They live like that at home, which is gross.
2 - They don't live like that at home, and are just being lazy, selfish jerks at the office because they can.

Either way they doesn't make a strong case for someone I'd want to spend much time with.

peta50

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peta50

My company has and sells the Keurig K-cup coffee makers. They're actually not terrible (coming from a coffee/espresso enthusiast).

It's not going to be that "coffee shop quality" cup of joe from your favorite roasterie, but it's better than a pot of burnt Folgers that's been there since God knows when.

oclafretep

quality posts: 1 Private Messages oclafretep
tiler100 wrote:Today we find out how much of the population is absolutely contemptible.

Wrong, today we find out how much of the population likes to be seen as not contemptible.

emeycakes

quality posts: 11 Private Messages emeycakes

Neither, because I wouldn't touch the communal coffee with a 10 foot pole. It tastes like water with a touch of coffee essence. BARF. On the rare occasions that I crave coffee, I go to the coffee bar at Wegmans and get a delicious, delicious cafe au lait.

But we have a communal brita at my office, and I always refill it when it is getting low. Don't be a selfish, lazy jerk at work!

justkissmybass

quality posts: 3 Private Messages justkissmybass
cwells100 wrote:Shenanigans!? If 61.4% would refill the pot, then how come 90% of the time I go for a cup, the blasted contraption is bone-dry, or filled with only a sad puddle of that bottom-of-the-pot burnt resin-like business that we all love so much? I must work with a bunch of animals...

Obviously this is because 61.4% of Wooters are better than 90% of your coworkers.

harle85

quality posts: 6 Private Messages harle85

My co workers cannot properly make coffee. I bring my own.

gjbloom

quality posts: 6 Private Messages gjbloom
tiler100 wrote:Today we find out how much of the population is absolutely contemptible.

No, today we find out that most people lie about being the one who makes coffee. They made coffee once, and that good deed apparently gave them a perma-shine on their halo. Not a surprise or even a big deal for me.

No, the absolutely contemptible ones wait for you to start a fresh pot, then sneak their mug under the emerging stream to poach the best part of the brew, leaving a pot of weak sauce for everyone else. So not only do they not make coffee, they also ruin the coffee that someone else made. Coffee poachers should be treated like cattle rustlers.

john44111

quality posts: 0 Private Messages john44111

I wonder what Terry Tate, Office Linebacker would say if you killed the joe and "didnt make no mo"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwWjEZDBawo

dougjonz

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dougjonz

I once made a flowchart to explain to my survivor co-workers how to determine whether or not they needed to make a fresh pot of coffee. Then I was reprimanded for wasting my time making a flowchart.

PocketBrain

quality posts: 46 Private Messages PocketBrain

If I drank 1/4 of the coffee I brewed, I would explode.

toothpastecosby

quality posts: 1 Private Messages toothpastecosby
justkissmybass wrote:Obviously this is because 61.4% of Wooters are better than 90% of your coworkers.

THIS. IS AWESOME.

fzzywolf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fzzywolf

Sneak out to Starbucks.

The Fzzy One

swantner

quality posts: 2 Private Messages swantner

Where is:
- Don't drink it.

mlsapack

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mlsapack

Same thing goes for the 5 gallon water cooler bottle! (unless you are physically incapable, of course). It is annoying the number of times I go to get a drink and....empty! Arrrgggghhh!

laeggerichs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laeggerichs
calicojack42 wrote:There needs to be a third option:

Smirk at the coffee drinkers and make another cup of tea.

Agreed.

ricknot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ricknot

I personally would make more. I really don't care whether others do or don't. If they can be happy not making more coffee when emptying it then so be it. I just don't work that way.

doristhefinkasarus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages doristhefinkasarus

@john44111

Yes! My first thought was "You kill the Joe, you make some mo"

Terry is so full of wisdom.

GamerEdie

quality posts: 1 Private Messages GamerEdie

39.8 percent of you suck.

fes

quality posts: 7 Private Messages fes

The high percentage of folks that take and walk away without brewing another pot are why I switched to the K-cup. Screw 'em!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
dougjonz wrote:I once made a flowchart to explain to my survivor co-workers how to determine whether or not they needed to make a fresh pot of coffee. Then I was reprimanded for wasting my time making a flowchart.

Please share said flowchart.

I'm just hanging out, really.