0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Ooma Telo VoIP Home Phone System
$99.99 + $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

lichme

quality posts: 2870 Private Messages lichme

rezblaze

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rezblaze

I have had mine for three years and love it. Its costs me less then $11 a year for basic service.

andy5224

quality posts: 1 Private Messages andy5224

This was one of our best purchases from Woot - I highly recommend this unit and service. Has saved us $$ over our old phone service especially being able to call overseas for pennies/minute.

mboss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mboss

Ooma rocks....we get the premier services and it's still less than any other service out there. Has already paid for itself 3 X over.

nemethmic

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nemethmic

yep love my ooma !

khufu413

quality posts: 12 Private Messages khufu413

Bought one from woot a year or so ago, we love it.

Patsycar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Patsycar

Don't buy it if you're not computer/tech savvy! I can't get any help from customer service on getting it hooked up correctly and am having fits getting the handset to work.

richbutler1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages richbutler1

Same here 2-3 years, got it for $149 back then. Basically you only pay mandatory state/federal taxes. About $4/month for me. This thing paid itself off in the first 5 mos. (@$29.99 for cable triple play VoIP). Kept Internet and Cable TV, negotiated them down to $79/month from $130+ once triple play expired after a year.

Well worth it if you want a 'virtual' land line, but don't want to pay $360 for something you barely use.

PS: Here's a link to E911 information: http://www.ooma.com/911

yldeal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yldeal

I bought a refurbished one from woot 1.5 years ago. My phone bill has been around $4 per month ever since. My parents got one too. They love it.

2007wolf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 2007wolf

Are there annual subscription fees for this product?

markwilliamsjmu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages markwilliamsjmu

anyone using over the wireless adapter? I have a speakerphone base I need to use that isn't near the modem

Patsycar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Patsycar
markwilliamsjmu wrote:anyone using over the wireless adapter? I have a speakerphone base I need to use that isn't near the modem

I'm using the wireless adapter. That seems to be where I"m having my setup problems (see my post above)

Mooklyn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Mooklyn
2007wolf wrote:Are there annual subscription fees for this product?

No. You just pay the state/fed. taxes, which in West Michigan are $3.49 a month. It gets deducted from your Ooma account (in our case, it's set to automatic bill pay). Easy breezy. Love Ooma at our cottage, since cell coverage is terrible out there.

saintfurion

quality posts: 0 Private Messages saintfurion

Not unless you opt for the premium services. Basic service, you just pay the mandatory taxes (about $4.60 for most). Unlimited calling in the USA.

DaZoneRanger

quality posts: 44 Private Messages DaZoneRanger

It's actually a monthly fee for "taxes", which is around $4 a month. We have Ooma and it works fine. I'm using an Ooma Hub, which is the old model. I used to have a Telo, but the sucker broke one month after the 1 year warranty ended, so basically, I didn't save any money for phone service, that year, because I bought it at Fry's for $200 and then replaced it for with a refurb Hub (from Fry's) for $129. $99 is a steal, as long as it doesn't break right after the warranty ends, and even then at only $99, you'll probably have saved money over the telephone companies.

Now, can anybody tell me how come Ooma claims they only charge for taxes and it's something they can't get around, yet these required "bare minimum" taxes still end up being twice the cost of the $19.95 year fee for Magic Jack? If these fees were strictly governmental, how does Magic Jack get away with charging less than half?

dkhcpa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dkhcpa
markwilliamsjmu wrote:anyone using over the wireless adapter? I have a speakerphone base I need to use that isn't near the modem

Just got my wireless adapter working last weekend. Called customer service and they led me through the setup. Very easy and works great. Now the Ooma is not even that close to the router. I love the service & am saving around $35 per month from old landline service.

jrbelle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrbelle

Extended services are worth it at $9.99 a month plus tax - 2nd phone number, call block, do not disturb, etc. Still SOOOOOO much cheaper than AT&T! Just got our first unit and waiting on a handset to arrive YEAH.

jtandcol

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jtandcol

Love my Ooma. I have three..one at vacation home and two at condos that I rent. Never had a problem with Ooma. Their customer service is very helpful.

cpaullie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cpaullie

I got one of these at Costco last month....sets up in no time and works great....I figure that it will pay for itself in 3 months....HIGHLY recommended!

Ridge

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Ridge

Consider wireless phone system and plugged OOMA into router and phone base unit into OOMA. Working nicely for last few years.
You can find at about same price as wireless adapter.

markwilliamsjmu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages markwilliamsjmu
Ridge wrote:Consider wireless phone system and plugged OOMA into router and phone base unit into OOMA. Working nicely for last few years.
You can find at about same price as wireless adapter.

I have a wireless phone system, but the base unit is the speakerphone portion that I need where it is.

I am having buyer's remorse now. Should have bought the new bundle from Costco for $170w/shipping. $15 bucks would have been worth the new vs. refurb for me.

lionel47

quality posts: 3 Private Messages lionel47

Can you keep your current phone number with this thing?

thegrinch1999

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thegrinch1999
lionel47 wrote:Can you keep your current phone number with this thing?

Yes you can, they chgarge you for that but if you join premier it s free, I jusdt got set uo 3 weeks ago, love it. Joined oremier so I can keep my number fax call forqarding second line all kinds of features......