0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Motorola Gaming Headset for PC
$2.99 + $5 Standard OR $8 Two-Day OR $11 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

lichme

quality posts: 3120 Private Messages lichme

olcubmaster

quality posts: 31 Private Messages olcubmaster

Great if you want to pretend to be Madden while playing xbox.

I kid, I kid....

But seriously folks...where's the creepy red-headed blow-up doll looking head model we know and love and why isn't SHE wearing this?

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

cfalgas

quality posts: 4 Private Messages cfalgas

Every single one of these that I have got from woot is dead (3 headsets)!

mdickinson

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mdickinson

I got one of these from woot last month and it is great! I use it for computer (PC) games . It plugs into the USB port and gives much better fidelity and comfort than my old headset, while leaving one ear open so I can hear people when they talk to me.

xaronax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xaronax

For those intense, realistic games where the enemy is always on your left.

playanaise

quality posts: 0 Private Messages playanaise

This broke on the first use. irradiated.

larsvons

quality posts: 0 Private Messages larsvons

Had one 2 days and it started making horrible fuzzy sounds. Buyer beware...ooooOOooOooo....

chuckfirment

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chuckfirment

Gaming headsets have two ear pieces. Gaming = knowing which direction the person is coming from.

"Quick! They're on your left - again!"

yarcod

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yarcod

A 1-Eared gaming headset? How did this NOT sell at full price??

olcubmaster

quality posts: 31 Private Messages olcubmaster
chuckfirment wrote:Gaming headsets have two ear pieces. Gaming = knowing which direction the person is coming from.

Maybe for NASCAR simulation games?

Sugar 'em up and send 'em home

wodowooter

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wodowooter

bwhahahahah

"Roger" that "Roger"

sounds of static in background

WootMe 3x-BeerMe 2x

toothpastecosby

quality posts: 1 Private Messages toothpastecosby
xaronax wrote:For those intense, realistic games where the enemy is always on your left.

Maybe you could buy two of them, use a dremel tool, cut one in half, then superglue the other cup to the right side....

gnipgnarps

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gnipgnarps

I don't care how crappy these are, I'm cramming this into my husband's stocking this year with the explanation that these will make his gaming experience more enjoyable since now he will be able to devote half of his attention to ME.

Dsull

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dsull
mdickinson wrote:I got one of these from woot last month and it is great! I use it for computer (PC) games . It plugs into the USB port and gives much better fidelity and comfort than my old headset, while leaving one ear open so I can hear people when they talk to me.

...Hear when people talk to you? You're gaming all wrong, man.

narquespamley

quality posts: 24 Private Messages narquespamley

Pointless AND unreliable - now there's a winning combination.

Monchanger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Monchanger
xaronax wrote:For those intense, realistic games where the enemy is always on your left shoulder.

Fixed that for you.

(Real enemies don't move that fast, so turning your avatar won't fix the problem)

I spent all night watching the woot-off and all I got was this lousy Western Digital respiffied and a Screaming Monkey wearing a cape. I honestly don't know why I still have a girlfriend.

wootpoop

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootpoop

Any reason these wouldn't work with Skype?

SoulDragon19

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SoulDragon19

Just puttin' in my 2 pennies... I bought this and it worked well (especially for the price) for quite sometime until the xbox dongle lost its tip. (Thats brisk baby! - Happy Hanukkah!) I'd buy again if I needed a basic headset.

BlackTiger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BlackTiger

The poor reviews on quality aside, the use case here is when you have a hefty sound system for the actual game, and then you need a headset just to keep people's voices in your ear while you communicate.

Dsull

toothpastecosby wrote:Maybe you could buy two of them, use a dremel tool, cut one in half, then superglue the other cup to the right side....

I don't really listen to my games so I'll take the other two halves.

jeanjeni

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeanjeni
mdickinson wrote:I got one of these from woot last month and it is great! I use it for computer (PC) games . It plugs into the USB port and gives much better fidelity and comfort than my old headset, while leaving one ear open so I can hear people when they talk to me.

I'm sorry...but I'm going to have to disagree with you about this product. No matter WHAT they say about it working with a PC, they're lying. I've tried it out on 2 different laptops and 3 different table tops....and I got the same result.....CR@P. When I LiveChatted Woot's Customer Service, they gave me a website to download a P.O.C. file. It NEVER worked. So I ended up giving it to my brother-in-law the headset since he owns a XBox.

toothpastecosby

quality posts: 1 Private Messages toothpastecosby
gnipgnarps wrote:I don't care how crappy these are, I'm cramming this into my husband's stocking this year with the explanation that these will make his gaming experience more enjoyable since now he will be able to devote half of his attention to ME.

Classic problem with women. They always want half of what you have.

Maethor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Maethor
wootpoop wrote:Any reason these wouldn't work with Skype?

I actually purchased them for voice chat.

Dsull

wootpoop wrote:Any reason these wouldn't work with Skype?

*thinks*
Um... cord won't reach the computer?

sellbuyer92

quality posts: 87 Private Messages sellbuyer92

The part that is supposed to be the volume control and on/off switch, yeah doesn't work well, and so then sometimes it is ALL LOUD ALL THE TIME!!! But I worked with it, if you're cheap GO FOR IT!!!

angelvamp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages angelvamp

Cheap enough to rip apart and play with.

Maethor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Maethor
BlackTiger wrote:The poor reviews on quality aside, the use case here is when you have a hefty sound system for the actual game, and then you need a headset just to keep people's voices in your ear while you communicate.

This is actually my setup for gaming I have my stuff going out to both the headset and speakers so this will work much better for that for me.

jeanjeni

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeanjeni

I'm sorry but it sux raw sewage! I tried 2 different laptops & 3 different table tops....and NADA! Even tried to get help from Live Chat CS & they advised me to use a site to get a driver for it. IT NEVER WORKED. My hubby is even IT and HE couldn't get it to work! SO....now what? Well, I gave it to my brother-in-law since he owns an XBox. I'm not falling for that again. Sorry guys, but that was a MAJOR bust. I HATED this product.

cobraman61

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobraman61

Buy them for a grabbag office party,orrrrrrrrr give them to young kids,so if they break, WHO CARES!!! 3 bucks.

KidKobun

quality posts: 7 Private Messages KidKobun
cfalgas wrote:Every single one of these that I have got from woot is dead (3 headsets)!

Both of mine are s**t and cut in and out. Save your money.

wootpoop

gnipgnarps wrote: he will be able to devote half of his attention to ME.

If it's his attention you're after there are far better ways than one-ear headphones.

SomePaddy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SomePaddy

Worked once, for about a minute (long enough to mic check). Then died. Paid the same $3+$5... not worth it.

gnipgnarps

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gnipgnarps
wootpoop wrote:If it's his attention you're after there are far better ways than one-ear headphones.

Obviously you are not married to a gamer. There is no way to divert attention away from the game. At least this way I may be able to get a half-assed conversation out of the deal.

blackti3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blackti3
chuckfirment wrote:Gaming headsets have two ear pieces. Gaming = knowing which direction the person is coming from.

Aren't these kinds of headsets just for chat audio?

charker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages charker

I'm thinking about getting two of them sawing them in half, and then I'll have a dual mono headphone that will allow me too speak out of both sides of my mouth!

Trotter1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Trotter1

Has anyone tried putting two on their head at the same time?

wootpoop

gnipgnarps wrote:Obviously you are not married to a gamer.

True. Nor am I a gamer, myself.

eatthis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eatthis

I bought one from the last time it was up got it after a week and it stopped working 2 days later.