0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
CRKT Pazoda Folding Knife
$7.99 + $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Figit090

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Figit090
wootalyzer wrote:Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
CRKT Pazoda Folding Knife
$7.99 + $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

really wish shipping didn't kill this deal. :/

UtilityCow

quality posts: 6 Private Messages UtilityCow

Bought a few of these on a previous woot and I don't care for them at all. Blade is difficult to deploy one handed without a thumb stud.

ngc6475

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ngc6475
Figit090 wrote:really wish shipping didn't kill this deal. :/

Order three or four and spread the shipping out among them. I bought a few the last time it was on sale and I am giving them away as Christmas gifts. It's still a good deal!

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

BillThePoet

quality posts: 10 Private Messages BillThePoet

I've got a CRKT tighe tac that I absolutely love. I bought these last time, because the brushed metal scales and anodized blade looked great.

The knife is a little bigger than I thought. OK for weekends, but a bit too big to serve as a gentlemen's knife Monday thru Friday.

PoAng

quality posts: 4 Private Messages PoAng

All attempts to purchase are denied...what gives?

EDIT: I figured it out. Possible fraud on my credit card...apparently IF someone were to take my credit card the first this they would do is use it to renew my dog's (pet) license, then go directly to woot during a woot-off.

Alas it was ME that renewed my dog license and ME that is spending monies at woot.

mdnorman

quality posts: 52 Private Messages mdnorman
UtilityCow wrote:Bought a few of these on a previous woot and I don't care for them at all. Blade is difficult to deploy one handed without a thumb stud.

The thumb hole provides just as much of a "grip point" as a stud. I found that the deployment function of this knife gets better with time, and that was a pleasant surprise. It actually gets better if you play with it a bit.

Figit090

ngc6475 wrote:Order three or four and spread the shipping out among them. I bought a few the last time it was on sale and I am giving them away as Christmas gifts. It's still a good deal!

guess I'm just not feelin the total price. Plus I don't want that many.

I'm hoping shipping would be good for something else but I just dunno.

Thanks though.

skywarrior3

quality posts: 47 Private Messages skywarrior3

Thanks woot! I've got most of the Christmas presents I need to get from you. Hopefully this woot-off extends until tomorrow.

www.howlingdead.com

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan
PoAng wrote:All attempts to purchase are denied...what gives?

you must live in NY or an area code where they are prohibited.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

jakehoey

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jakehoey

I got one from sport woot last month for the same price and I'm happy with it. It doesn't come very sharp, but very sturdy construction and easy to open/close after you get used to it. I'd certainly recommend it.

DaZoneRanger

quality posts: 45 Private Messages DaZoneRanger

Can I cut cheese with this?

ownster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ownster
Figit090 wrote:guess I'm just not feelin the total price. Plus I don't want that many.

I'm hoping shipping would be good for something else but I just dunno.

Thanks though.

Not sure if woot is handing it out to everyone, but after my first purchase today I got free shipping on all of my orders for the day. I have placed 6 orders today and have only spent $5 on shipping.

technosavant

quality posts: 9 Private Messages technosavant
ownster wrote:Not sure if woot is handing it out to everyone, but after my first purchase today I got free shipping on all of my orders for the day. I have placed 6 orders today and have only spent $5 on shipping.

That's how they've been doing it for a while. Buy one item from any Woot site, it's free shipping until midnight for you.

JVRR

quality posts: 2 Private Messages JVRR

+1 to the shipping deal from Woot!. Clicked the buy button out of curiosity to see if my free shipping was still good from late last night, it was, so bought it on an impulse.

popang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages popang

Thanks but not...figured it out. Possible fraud on my credit card...apparently IF someone were to take my credit card the first they would do is use it to renew my dog's (pet) license (this is what set of the fraud alert), then go directly to woot during a woot-off.

Alas it was ME that renewed my dog license and ME that is spending monies at woot.

That feature is quite annoying, but I am glad it is there.

bkarlan wrote:you must live in NY or an area code where they are prohibited.

POB

quality posts: 1 Private Messages POB
ownster wrote:Not sure if woot is handing it out to everyone, but after my first purchase today I got free shipping on all of my orders for the day. I have placed 6 orders today and have only spent $5 on shipping.

$5 All You Can Ship

For a limited time, one $5 charge covers standard shipping on all your Woot orders within the same calendar day!

You heard us right. After you pay the initial $5 standard shipping charge on your first Woot order of the day, everything else you buy before midnight Central time gets free standard shipping.

That goes for any order, of any size, from any site in the Wootosphere. Buy from Woot, then grab a new tee at Shirt.Woot. Shop for the kids at Kids.Woot and yourself at Home.Woot. One $5 charge ships it all.

But All You Can Ship won't last long. We're not in the habit of leaving money on the table, so grab it while you can!

DaZoneRanger

quality posts: 45 Private Messages DaZoneRanger

It's like that until the next regular "new woot item time", which for me is 10PM and on the East Coast it's 1AM.

millerm277

quality posts: 2 Private Messages millerm277

It's definitely worth $8.

It feels sturdy, and looks decent.

The clip does it's job correctly.

Blade holds a decent edge, nothing to write home about, but not bad.

However, it is not an easy knife to open one-handed. Even after it loosens up, the shape of where you're trying to open it from, is not a natural motion to open. While it's possible, I would just buy something else if that's a criteria in your buying.

SRL

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SRL

which model is this?

Figit090

millerm277 wrote:It's definitely worth $8.

It feels sturdy, and looks decent.

The clip does it's job correctly.

Blade holds a decent edge, nothing to write home about, but not bad.

However, it is not an easy knife to open one-handed. Even after it loosens up, the shape of where you're trying to open it from, is not a natural motion to open. While it's possible, I would just buy something else if that's a criteria in your buying.

Another person mentioning opening it, I don't mind my stanley boxcutter blade in that case, I love flipping that thing open, nice weight to it.

Good stocking stuffers though, I imagine! I just can't afford a bunch

ngc6475

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ngc6475
SRL wrote:which model is this?

6470, I believe.

"Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer." - Mark Twain

8792c

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 8792c

I just wish WOOT would get it together and fix the NY shipping restrictions. Not all of NY is considered New York City and we can take shipment of knives. I mean if amazon can ship a crossbow to my area code why not a knife.

bigdogx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigdogx

This knife is cutting into my purchase time

My name is Connor Larkin, I am an Irishman, and I have had enough!

jaywestmark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaywestmark

I bought two CRKT knives and I'm not happy with either.

Can't quantify it but if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck but taste like &$%^ , it must be a &$%^ty duck.

Patsycar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Patsycar

Just got mine in the mail. Going to give it as a Christmas gift. But, of course, I had to open it to look at if first! It's very sleek looking. Good weight too. OK, call me a girl, but now that I've gotten it opened, how do I close this dang thing????

Patsycar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Patsycar
Patsycar wrote:Just got mine in the mail. Going to give it as a Christmas gift. But, of course, I had to open it to look at if first! It's very sleek looking. Good weight too. OK, call me a girl, but now that I've gotten it opened, how do I close this dang thing????

Thank you, YouTube

mgbillow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mgbillow
Patsycar wrote:Just got mine in the mail. Going to give it as a Christmas gift. But, of course, I had to open it to look at if first! It's very sleek looking. Good weight too. OK, call me a girl, but now that I've gotten it opened, how do I close this dang thing????

Underneath the knife, you'll see a stopper preventing the knife from closing, push that to the side and slowly close the blade.