69%
31%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Mini-jack RX Bluetooth Music Receiver
$28.99 + $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

anago

quality posts: 1 Private Messages anago

Cool... It's the innie version of the outie they offered yesterday. This is the one I want. I'm in for one.

I’m addicted to placebos. I could quit, but it wouldn’t matter. -- Steven Wright

rdctali

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rdctali

Why is this thing even useful?

dickhead

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dickhead

i dont...what...

what would this be used for? dont cell phones already have speakers? how is this tiny thing better than a cell phone?

NorthernSoutherner

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NorthernSoutherner

Amazon: Good Looking.

anago

plague-bearerhead wrote:i dont...what...

what would this be used for? dont cell phones already have speakers? how is this tiny thing better than a cell phone?

It's for playing the music I have stored on my tablet and my phone to my home stereo receiver with my awesome speakers without having to wire it all up.

I’m addicted to placebos. I could quit, but it wouldn’t matter. -- Steven Wright

wsmiddel

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wsmiddel
rdctali wrote:Why is this thing even useful?

Link iPod/Android/iPhone audio to your non-bluetooth car stereo through the aux jack.

This guy's video review sold me, exactly what I want to use it for, though, admittedly, not in a BMW car.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R34DAUPNASWQ9S/ref=cm_cr_pr_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B0038MA11U&linkCode=&nodeID=&tag=

frebitz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frebitz
plague-bearerhead wrote:i dont...what...

Its a wireless interface to your amped speakers.

d3koy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages d3koy

You throw in a ac/usb wall charger and a pair of computer speakers/home entertainment system/car stereo and you can wirelessly play music from your cellphone that fills and entire room/house/car?

Razorshock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Razorshock

And you can't simply use an aux jack on your iPhone because...?

d3koy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages d3koy
Razorshock wrote:And you can't simply use an aux jack on your iPhone because...?

Wires are dumb.

cyberpenguin

quality posts: 11 Private Messages cyberpenguin

If you have a Pontiac Solstice roadster it lets you play music wirelessly from your Android phone through the radio.

frebitz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frebitz
Razorshock wrote:And you can't simply use an aux jack on your iPhone because...?

Some people have wire phobia.

maurakid

quality posts: 7 Private Messages maurakid

does anyone know if this will work with a sonos speaker?

anago

Sure I could but my audio system is across the room (about 15 feet) and I like to have my phone near me even if I'm listening to music. Who wants to have a 15 ft wired physical tether stretching across the room. Also wireless tech exists so why not.

Razorshock

d3koy wrote:Wires are dumb.

But you still have to use a wire from this device to the stereo... So again why send audio through a blue tooth connection from your phone (degrading some audio quality in the process) into a device that then has an aux cable to your stereo?

keepontruckinbs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keepontruckinbs

I need the opposite of this, a bluetooth transmitter. Did someone say they had that yesterday?

cyberpenguin

quality posts: 11 Private Messages cyberpenguin
keepontruckinbs wrote:I need the opposite of this, a bluetooth transmitter. Did someone say they had that yesterday?

Yes

anago

keepontruckinbs wrote:I need the opposite of this, a bluetooth transmitter. Did someone say they had that yesterday?

Yes there was one yesterday. It's funny cause I was complaining about that one being the opposite of what I wanted. Although I can understand why you'd want to transmit on BT.

anago

Razorshock wrote:But you still have to use a wire from this device to the stereo... So again why send audio through a blue tooth connection from your phone (degrading some audio quality in the process) into a device that then has an aux cable to your stereo?

There shouldn't be degradation unless you are way out of spec distance-wise from bluetooth device. It's digital. As long as you are not out of distance range and loosing packets the data is the same going in and out.

steiger21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages steiger21
anago wrote:It's for playing the music I have stored on my tablet and my phone to my home stereo receiver with my awesome speakers without having to wire it all up.

Word. Bluetooth/iPod docks for major AV receivers run around $100.

Razorshock

anago wrote:Sure I could but my audio system is across the room (about 15 feet) and I like to have my phone near me even if I'm listening to music. Who wants to have a 15 ft wired physical tether stretching across the room. Also wireless tech exists so why not.

I get it now. So you could roam around your house and change songs and whatnot.

anago

Razorshock wrote:I get it now. So you could roam around your house and change songs and whatnot.

As long as you do not exceed Bluetooth range (distance from receiver).

wsmiddel

quality posts: 6 Private Messages wsmiddel

Got mine today and it works great.

I plugged the usb cord into a cigarette lighter USB adapter, the audio cord into my car's AUX in, paired it to my iPod and less then a minute after I opened the box it was all set up.

Now it automatically repairs to my iPod when I start the car up.

Great device.