0%
0%
0%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
VIZIO 8" Android Tablet with Folio Case
$119.99 + $5 Standard OR $12 Two-Day OR $15 One-Day Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

bigtee959

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigtee959
wootalyzer wrote:Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
VIZIO 8" Android Tablet with Folio Case
$119.99 + $5 Standard OR $12 Two-Day OR $15 One-Day Shipping
Condition: Refurbished

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Is it worth pulling the trigger?

You must unlearn what you have learned

laserbiz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laserbiz

Unless a tablet has 1gig of Ram It is not worth any price except Free....and even free you will not like it! PASS!

jjkimball

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jjkimball
laserbiz wrote:Unless a tablet has 1gig of Ram It is not worth any price except Free....and even free you will not like it! PASS!

Few bucks more and you can get a New or Used Nexus 7. If this was maybe under $50 I would jump on this one for the kids.

gimperdaniel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gimperdaniel
bigtee959 wrote:Is it worth pulling the trigger?

Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) = no no

kkd01

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kkd01

I read other owners reviews of this model ...Weak Wi-Fi signals, screen issues and service problems. Looks like this one might have a few bugs to work out.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16858262003

jjkimball

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jjkimball
kkd01 wrote:I read others owners of this model ...Weak Wi-Fi signals, screen issues and service problems. Looks like this one might have a few bugs to work out.

Also seeing on Amazon a lot of charging problems.

z06rono

quality posts: 0 Private Messages z06rono

Processor unspeciffied, only 512mb and 2 Gig memory, Android 2.3, not even a tablet OS....... do not pass go, do not give $120.

kevinm92

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevinm92

I have this tablet, paid around 200. It's been updated to honeycomb and I went ahead and picked up a 32gb sd card to solve the memory issue. I like it a lot, watch movies on it a lot, surf the web, and kids play games on it. Every once in a while I find myself wishing it were faster, but its a tablet, not a laptop. If I didn't already own this tablet I would either jump on this deal or buy the google nexus 7, for 199 new.

asherbow

quality posts: 1 Private Messages asherbow

Thank you to all who do my research for me! This thread answered all my questions and i didn't have to google anything.

sellbuyer92

quality posts: 87 Private Messages sellbuyer92

So since it's the last day it really is Wootmageddon!

aron1231

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aron1231

Got the Polaroid tablet that was on woot! a few days ago. Very similar specs (lacking camera and bluetooth), much better price ($50). That said, I haven't had problems with refurbs so far.

dmntdangel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmntdangel

With those specs, should be more like $20 new, and this is a refurb..

Nekosdad

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Nekosdad

I paid 160 here this past summer & have no regrets...VERY happy with my Tablet...YES this is a good deal

Nekosdad

bradthegeek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bradthegeek

Just ordered. Hope I can root this and get ICS on it!

bkd69

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bkd69

This is not the android I'm looking for.

I'm sorry I missed out on the Polaroids from last week.

Your Woot Is Not My Woot, But Your Woot Is OK.

dagojohn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dagojohn

I bought this tablet earlier this year. If you want to root it, do not allow it to update. With the latest update from Vizio it can no longer be rooted. I don't know a lot about that sort of stuff but there is plenty of info on xda developers about it. I gave mine to my wife and am saving for a nexus.

nanaejt

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nanaejt
dmntdangel wrote:With those specs, should be more like $20 new, and this is a refurb..

If it were $8 you would pass any way

fishermanswife

quality posts: 6 Private Messages fishermanswife

We like our Vizio tablets. This is a good price, as we paid $160 each. It is heavier than my new Kindle Paperwhite, and the charging port is a vulnerable spot. If it gets pulled one way or another, it won't charge anymore.

trinityscrew

quality posts: 1 Private Messages trinityscrew

Anyone know why they are limiting the purchase quantity to one?

kneeman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kneeman

This is nothing but crap, bought it last year, went through three replacement (the usb plug in the bottom falls apart inside the tablet)

It is slow, heavy as a brick, will NEVER get Ice Cream Sandwich or Jelly Bean.

I can't say enough bad about this.

Nerane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nerane

Android 2.3 for anything over $20 is a waste of space on woot. I can get an ICS android 7" at hhgreg for $50 with better specs new.

PASS!

tickersymbol

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tickersymbol

NEXT item already!! Hey, times a ticking... 9 days left till the end you know. Wait, will my stuff even be shipped in time?

The end is near!

hvj17

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hvj17

Trash. Do not buy. Trash, Trash, Trash.
I bought this from Woot at the 150 price earlier this year. Vizio too over two months replacing it the first time it failed. About 30 days ago it went into infinite power cycle mode. This is all it does. Vizio will replaceable it again but it is not worth my time. I bought a screen protector for $20 and Vision would not reimburse me for that. This thing is not worth the unending headaches it comes with. Stay away. Not to mention the garbage wi-fi and the atrocious multitasking. The tablet was inoperable for the first 5 minutes after it turned on due to background processes and downloads. Please, stay away. I will send you my piece of trash for free and you can skip straight to the end.

hufnagel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hufnagel

bought one last year.
just picked up a 2nd off ebay for $108 shipped. if Woot had had this sale going on 4 days ago I would have bought it from here.

for the $154 I paid last time for one for woot, it's been a solid value. the good surprises have been the audio quality (through the headphone jack) and the video decoding prowess. hooking it to my TV through the HDMI port and playing back high quality 720p streams has resulted in some pretty impressive visual candy.

it's not the fastest thing on the planet, no. but I use it for...
web surfing
book reading
Pandora
Angry Birds
kid's educational games
youtube videos

it even came in handy during Sandy and the Nor'easter. while my cable TV was out my iternet (FiOS) wasn't. I used it to stream the local news channel's webcast for about 6 days straight.

as I said before, at $154 it wound up being a solid purchase. at $124 currently it'd be an even better deal.

fishphotoguy

quality posts: 9 Private Messages fishphotoguy

Don't think of it as an underpowered tablet, think of it as an overachieving universal remote.

mjworthey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mjworthey
bradthegeek wrote:Just ordered. Hope I can root this and get ICS on it!

Um, why not Jelly Bean?

djrmsn

quality posts: 21 Private Messages djrmsn

Is this woot off going for a record? Are they REALLY going until the end of the world on Dec 21?! Other woot sites pooped out - possibly emptying Amazon's warehouses of household goods and kids stuff. Happy Holidays, WooT!

blondie32d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blondie32d

I purchased this same tablet last year and have really enjoyed it!! I purchased another for a Christmas gift this month from Overstock and paid 184.95, for the same one. Needless to say, it is going back and I am going to keep this one.. Great Deal!!

theisp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theisp

Agreed with others, Android 2.3 with only 2gb of internal space is a waste. For the same money one can pick up an excellent refurbished 16gb Nook Tablet, or for a little more the Nexus 7.

Worldwide Catastrophe. I'll check back in a few hours when this finally gets to zero.

johnt007871

quality posts: 8 Private Messages johnt007871
djrmsn wrote:Is this woot off going for a record? Are they REALLY going until the end of the world on Dec 21?! Other woot sites pooped out - possibly emptying Amazon's warehouses of household goods and kids stuff. Happy Holidays, WooT!

And then they put up a tablet no one appears to want. It'll be a 1 item woot off today folks!

bradthegeek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bradthegeek
mjworthey wrote:Um, why not Jelly Bean?

Just have ICS on the mind because its the best I can run on my phone. Jelly would be better.

z06rono

quality posts: 0 Private Messages z06rono
djrmsn wrote:Is this woot off going for a record? Are they REALLY going until the end of the world on Dec 21?! Other woot sites pooped out - possibly emptying Amazon's warehouses of household goods and kids stuff. Happy Holidays, WooT!

Sadly it ends today (so the page says).....but a perpetual wootoff would be great!

aron1231

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aron1231

ICS is overrated. Just sayin'.

(Note: my opinion is invalid and subject to change because I have never used ICS.)

foosmaniac

quality posts: 0 Private Messages foosmaniac

Just one section of woot off's today--just do all the categories--don't you want our money?

dmntdangel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmntdangel

Just in case you don't know, ICS cannot use external/expanded memory as system storage. So, with ICS you'll be stuck with max of 1-2GB of system storage.

heartburnkid

quality posts: 4 Private Messages heartburnkid

My local Big Lots has some of these right now. I got to try one out, and for that reason, I wouldn't recommend it. It feels really laggy and horrible. Even the cheapo Hong Kong special 7" tablet they were selling for $80 felt more responsive.

Also, I didn't realize it was running Gingerbread. Man, they skin the C.H.U.D. out of that thing.

walmartman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages walmartman

Vizio is definitely not updating it to ICS. There was a finally a root created over the summer: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1368599
But still no ICS available even if you root, unless you can know how to create it yourself.
DO NOT RUN UPDATES IF YOU WANT TO ROOT! I ran the updates on mine before I discovered that a root had finally been created and oh well.

Overall it's an ok tablet, and that's about it. We do watch movies on it, HDMI to tv is great. WiFi does break down every so often, but for me it's only when it goes to sleep and not every time.
It's done about everything that I expected it to do. Don't expect it to out perform a Tegra3 or anything. I think the price is about right. Under $100 would be even better seeing as how this has been the year of tablets and they are all so low.

ashli143

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ashli143

Move on the next item already!!! No one wants it D<

Sorry for the outburst but I've refreshed this page too many times...