laserbiz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laserbiz
kevinm92 wrote:I have this tablet, paid around 200. It's been updated to honeycomb and I went ahead and picked up a 32gb sd card to solve the memory issue. I like it a lot, watch movies on it a lot, surf the web, and kids play games on it. Every once in a while I find myself wishing it were faster, but its a tablet, not a laptop. If I didn't already own this tablet I would either jump on this deal or buy the google nexus 7, for 199 new.

by buying the 32 gig card you are solving the storage problem NOT the RAM (speed) problem. A tablet must have 1GIG of RAM to be useful....period!

kpk021

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kpk021

I would have been tempted, but there appears to be very limited support and/or ability to get custom ROMs on it. I'd still be happily using my gtab if it hadn't finally broken. I loved that thing with a custom rom on it.

It does have a capacative screen though which is a plus compared to most of that cheap tablets that have resistive screens. unfortunately that's not enough to offset all of the other problems with this device.

aleonard4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aleonard4

Bought one of these for $160 last year. I've been happy with it.

BUT, I purchased a $200 Nexus 7 as a gift recently and there is no comparison - the Nexus is faster, better picture, battery last waaay longer, and isn't a finicky charger.

Really, unless you absolutely cannot, you should pony up the additional $80 for a brand new Nexus 7 (or go up another $50 from there for the more-memory Nexus 7).

ashli143

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ashli143
dmntdangel wrote:Just in case you don't know, ICS cannot use external/expanded memory as system storage. So, with ICS you'll be stuck with max of 1-2GB of system storage.

I have a Xoom with ICS and I use my sd card for system storage with no problems.

filthpickle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages filthpickle
aron1231 wrote:Got the Polaroid tablet that was on woot! a few days ago. Very similar specs (lacking camera and bluetooth), much better price ($50). That said, I haven't had problems with refurbs so far.

That one is sold out.

gimperdaniel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gimperdaniel
kevinm92 wrote:I have this tablet, paid around 200. It's been updated to honeycomb and I went ahead and picked up a 32gb sd card to solve the memory issue. I like it a lot, watch movies on it a lot, surf the web, and kids play games on it. Every once in a while I find myself wishing it were faster, but its a tablet, not a laptop. If I didn't already own this tablet I would either jump on this deal or buy the google nexus 7, for 199 new.

Buy the google nexus 7. I have it and don't regret it.

dmntdangel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmntdangel
ashli143 wrote:I have a Xoom with ICS and I use my sd card for system storage with no problems.

You can install your apps to the external card in ICS? I find that hard to believe since ICS doesn't have that feature.

jfoust1776

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jfoust1776

I bought one of these about a year ago - for around this price. I would pass on this deal today. The charging port finally let go - it's now a brick. It was worth the price a year ago, but is now limited and outdated technology. Just an FYI.

keepontruckinbs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keepontruckinbs

We got this last year for around 185 and loved it. We use it every day. I think it a deal at this price. I would buy another for my daughter but I already got her a tablet.

airchecknews

quality posts: 0 Private Messages airchecknews

This isn't a bad little tablet for the money. I've had one for some time and, while it's not the fastest thing, it works pretty well. There should be an available update to Honeycomb OS, which also included a nice update for the screen. The video on this tablet is very good. It would be a great tablet for kids, or for internet browsing. The IR blaster is a big plus and makes a nice unified remote.

ashli143

dmntdangel wrote:You can install your apps to the external card in ICS? I find that hard to believe since ICS doesn't have that feature.

I don't have any apps on it. I have 16 movies in both AVI and MP4 format and some pictures. I'm guessing there is a difference...

esgnepp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages esgnepp
bigtee959 wrote:Is it worth pulling the trigger?

I have this tablet it works great. For the price cant complain. I am a techy too and still cant complain

kevinm92

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevinm92
laserbiz wrote:by buying the 32 gig card you are solving the storage problem NOT the RAM (speed) problem. A tablet must have 1GIG of RAM to be useful....period!

I'd say that depends on your definition of useful. I would be happier with 1gig, but I knew what I was getting when I purchased this tablet. I have a laptop at home and read plenty of reviews on tablets before purchasing. Basically, I wasn't expecting this thing to perform like a laptop, it was a cheap way for me to avoid bringing my laptop with me when I travel. I am not disappointed at all. I monitor the ram usage very actively and haven't had any issues with the performance of this tablet. My phone has 1 gig of ram and I don't find it to be that much faster when on the same WiFi connection.

mitchloft

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mitchloft
laserbiz wrote:by buying the 32 gig card you are solving the storage problem NOT the RAM (speed) problem. A tablet must have 1GIG of RAM to be useful....period!

Depends. I have one of these. Mostly I just use it as an e-book (backlight is nice when the wife is sleeping) and it works fine. Yes, if it were running a Microsoft operating system it would not be pleasant. It isn't. Other than that, it works OK. Maybe not as well as a $600 Apple product, but then again, it doesn't cost $600. It also seems pretty solid, and the case that comes with it is pretty decent - better than ones I've paid for. If you want a tablet just to be cool or to play hi-res games (first of all, why?) you probably don't want this one. If you just want a low cost one that works but isn't flashy... it's fine. I do sometimes wish it had a camera on both sides though.

Those who are always quoting others have nothing to say themselves - Mitch Loftus

cmacclel

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cmacclel

I need to order 3 for Chistmas why is there only the option to buy 1 at a time?

tickersymbol

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tickersymbol

Dear Santa,

Please make this item end.

Thanks.

Wolffhardt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Wolffhardt

You realize that this just isn't true.. Right?

I'm glad you're comfortable speaking with such finality in your tone, but no it depends on what you want a tablet for. The term useful is relative. If you're looking for a way to browse websites such as Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, and use the Kindle app? This tablet is EXTREMELY useful, actually.

z06rono

quality posts: 0 Private Messages z06rono
Wolffhardt wrote:You realize that this just isn't true.. Right?

I'm glad you're comfortable speaking with such finality in your tone, but no it depends on what you want a tablet for. The term useful is relative. If you're looking for a way to browse websites such as Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, and use the Kindle app? This tablet is EXTREMELY useful, actually.

And you can do that with a generic $80 or $100 new tablet. The point is, as a refurb with poor specs, this is overpriced. For a bit more you can buy a new product that is better, for a lot less you can buy a new product that isn't any worse.

Wolffhardt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Wolffhardt
z06rono wrote:And you can do that with a generic $80 or $100 new tablet. The point is, as a refurb with poor specs, this is overpriced. For a bit more you can buy a new product that is better, for a lot less you can buy a new product that isn't any worse.

Oh - I never said this product was a good deal. I said that saying it's not USEFUL because of it's lack of RAM is hilariously wrong.

ashli143

Wolffhardt wrote:You realize that this just isn't true.. Right?

+1

I have a first generation iPad with maybe 250 or 500 mb RAM. It's still a badass tablet for games, music, and everything I need.

dmntdangel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmntdangel
ashli143 wrote:I don't have any apps on it. I have 16 movies in both AVI and MP4 format and some pictures. I'm guessing there is a difference...

yeah. I wish there wasn't, but there is

ap210

quality posts: 47 Private Messages ap210

The people in mid-USA think this is an ipad. (shhhhh don't tell them)

1. 11/6Rmba
  2. 11/13Scba
  3. 11/16LtchWlssSystm
  4. 11/16Gmbrdg
  5. 11/16SnDskPlyr
  6. 11/16UFO
  7. 11/16LtchWlssHdphns"lbl fll ff"
  8. 11/17LtchXbxhdst
  9. 11/173xLkFrg
  10. 11/25iPdShfflClck
  11. 12/62xBpMntrs
  12. 12/133xNxs25XM

Patsycar

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Patsycar
djrmsn wrote:Is this woot off going for a record? Are they REALLY going until the end of the world on Dec 21?! Other woot sites pooped out - possibly emptying Amazon's warehouses of household goods and kids stuff. Happy Holidays, WooT!

I'm at my record for this Woot-Off - 13 great buys (at least I think so) so far. but I like even numbers, so I'll continue to refresh for the rest of the day. Merry Christmas all you Wooters!

ashli143

ap210 wrote:The people in mid-USA think this is an ipad. (shhhhh don't tell them)

Tell everyone it's an iPad so they'll buy it and we can move on to the next item!

mgbillow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mgbillow

Buy a new Nexus 7 16gb for $200. No flash and no add-on storage but it's worth every penny.

aduncan999

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aduncan999

Avoid! I bought two of these last year for the kids. Within 3 month they would not charge because the charging port is poorly designed. Luckily they were still under warranty so VIZIO sent me two more. One of those had a software problem and I had to send it back for a replacement. Again both units quit charging, this time they lasted just long enough to get past the warranty. 5 tablets, all junk. Love VIZIO TV's but their tablets are the worst. Shame too because when they did work they were a good starter tablet for the kids.

pohlmacs

quality posts: 6 Private Messages pohlmacs
jjkimball wrote:Also seeing on Amazon a lot of charging problems.

I had a charging problem with the first offer from Woot, but Vizio sent a replacement and it works great, I really like it.

Is it the latest and greatest? No, you have to pay more for that. But this isn't a junk cheap kids tablet, either. The sound speakers rotating with orientation is nice, and I really haven't had any problems with crashing or lockups. Definitely been using it more than my Dell Mini w/ Ubuntu that is now just sitting on a shelf.

The battery life is very VERY good. I can slingbox an entire 3 hour football game on battery and still have 50% left.

If I was going to get anything new, I would be getting a tablet computer such as the Lenovo Twist or the Dell XPS 12 convertible ultrabook (but it doesn't have an SD card slot, [brain lacking designers]).

davensoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davensoo

So... I went for it, and now am the not-so-proud owner of a refurb barely worthy of a crap bag. My question: Is Visio my only recourse? Will the Woot minions help with this? It is so pretty... just won't do anything.

One day I will learn. One day I will learn. One day I will learn. One day I will learn. One day I will learn. One day I will learn. One day I will learn. One day I will learn. One day I will learn.

Arghhhhh!!!!!

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

davensoo wrote:So... I went for it, and now am the not-so-proud owner of a refurb barely worthy of a crap bag. My question: Is Visio my only recourse? Will the Woot minions help with this? It is so pretty... just won't do anything.

One day I will learn. One day I will learn. One day I will learn. One day I will learn. One day I will learn. One day I will learn. One day I will learn. One day I will learn. One day I will learn.

Arghhhhh!!!!!

Sorry for the late reply and to hear that you are experiencing issues with your order.

If contacting Vizio proves unsuccessful, please feel free to contact Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and they'll be glad to answer any questions or concerns you may have.