WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Razer Cutting Edge Gaming Solutions

How long has it been since you even got a win? Getting dominated like this can't be any good for your self-esteem. And those jerks online refuse to believe it's your mouse's fault. But we know. We can help, with all sorts of top shelf gaming gear. Unless you do just suck.

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Game mice tend to wear out so fast. How well do these hold up to those prolonged sprees of holiday gaming?

I'm just hanging out, really.

justafreak

quality posts: 11 Private Messages justafreak

I love my Black Widow Keyboard and Death Adler Mice...so I just bought two more mice and one more keyboard.

.rev - 325.unique.woots / 567.total.items - woot is where the crap is.

justafreak

quality posts: 11 Private Messages justafreak
inkycatz wrote:Game mice tend to wear out so fast. How well do these hold up to those prolonged sprees of holiday gaming?

My current two Death Adler mice are over a year old and one is a refurb.

.rev - 325.unique.woots / 567.total.items - woot is where the crap is.

devlosirrus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages devlosirrus

I've been looking for a replacement mouse for a couple months, and the Razer Lachesis has generally favorable reviews. Good price for one, too.

In for one.

http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Lachesis-5600dpi-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B003YCOMA0

LUEshi781

quality posts: 1 Private Messages LUEshi781
inkycatz wrote:Game mice tend to wear out so fast. How well do these hold up to those prolonged sprees of holiday gaming?

My deathadder from 4 years ago finally needs to be replaced due to the scroll wheel not being responsive anymore. As far as gaming mice go, it seems pretty durable.

elfleadermike

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elfleadermike
LUEshi781 wrote:My deathadder from 4 years ago finally needs to be replaced due to the scroll wheel not being responsive anymore. As far as gaming mice go, it seems pretty durable.

YOU! We're in the exact same boat. My deathadder is perfect other than the scroll wheel. It's lasted years.

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

My Razer Diamondback that I bought here in 2008 still works great.

maccally

quality posts: 1 Private Messages maccally

I'm currently using a Lachesis mouse that I've had for about a year now, and it's held up perfectly! It was a refurb, but not from Woot.

raney2

quality posts: 3 Private Messages raney2

I bought a Black Widow Ultimate last time these were up, and I admit I got pretty nervous waiting for it to arrive - there are a LOT of bad reviews out there to mull over. However, I absolutely love it. No problems with the keys, and the older 1.0 drivers aren't too hard to find if you don't want to use the Synapse software.

kmwiseheart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmwiseheart

FINALLY! My DeathAdder died a few months back in a tragic beverage accident, and I snagged one before they sold out this time! Yay!

Also, for what it's worth, I have seen a lot of folks on here complain about Razer keyboards. I've had a Lycosa for two years and it has never given me problems, despite some prolonged exposure to cat butt (why do they love to sit on it so much!?). I never installed the software that came with it - maybe that's why. No reason to, since it doesn't have fancy function keys for gaming.

BrainWav

quality posts: 2 Private Messages BrainWav

Anyone used the Carcharias headset before? I need a new set of headphones, as my old Pioneer Steelwheels (from woot too) finally started cracking. My main issue with headphones is that due to a big head, I tend to put a lot of pressure on them and cheap plastic just breaks after a while.

coleman2010

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coleman2010

Anyone ever used the xbox controller? I'm not too fond of the ideal of it being wired but willing to give it a shot if someone else thinks it's worth it.

cubed54

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cubed54
BrainWav wrote:Anyone used the Carcharias headset before? I need a new set of headphones, as my old Pioneer Steelwheels (from woot too) finally started cracking. My main issue with headphones is that due to a big head, I tend to put a lot of pressure on them and cheap plastic just breaks after a while.

I bought 2 Carcharias headsets for the wife and I a couple years ago, and I have to say, they are by FAR the most comfortable headsets I have ever worn. They're on the massive side as well, so they should be perfect for larger craniums. Sound quality-wise, they're not that special... I was disappointed in the lack of bass, but considering how ridiculously comfortable they are, I could forgive it.

Datzl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Datzl

Not too pleased with my refurb, have had it 4-5 months from here. Sound has gone out in right speaker.

Kinda not happy with razer as the mako speakers (not from woot) I had were dropped from their support after 1 or 2 years, so now that mine went out with a steady clicking noise I was boned. Online showed it was a really common problem, probably why it got dropped so soon from product line.

The carcharias feel real nice and whatnot. Real long cord, but too much of a crapshoot from my experience.

nmchapma

quality posts: 23 Private Messages nmchapma

I bought the Naga Epic Gaming Mouse a couple months back form Woot! (Refurb). I use it everyday for 6+hrs (NOT for gaming) and it works great. I don't use it for gaming but I do use it for drafting in Microstation and AutoCAD. It has really sped up my work and increased my productivity. Most programs pick up the buttons and assign them appropriately. The battery will last the majoirty of the day but when it doesn't you just pull the cord out of the dock and into the mouse and keep going. I love this mouse and hope I never have to switch.

damnidunno

quality posts: 1 Private Messages damnidunno

I have a Razer Naga Epic that i got almost a year ago. I played Bf3 300 hours with it, along with my other games an d normal web surfing and such, and havent had a single problem with it. Still working as good as it was on day one.

Got a Razer blackwidow a couple weeks ago and its great as well.

Never had a problem with razer products, but these were also brand new and not refurbished.

Quixxilver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Quixxilver
coleman2010 wrote:Anyone ever used the xbox controller? I'm not too fond of the ideal of it being wired but willing to give it a shot if someone else thinks it's worth it.

I have one and the nice thing about a wired controller is that it will work for PC games such as the newer windows 8 games and headlines such as Skyrim on the PC. (with windows 8 it was plug and play, no driver installation required)

This controller is a bit loud, as the buttons are mechanical and each click is audible, but it is a solid buy for certain. FPS and Driving games benefit from the adjustable tension on the thumbsticks. /nod

jlnokc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jlnokc
coleman2010 wrote:Anyone ever used the xbox controller? I'm not too fond of the ideal of it being wired but willing to give it a shot if someone else thinks it's worth it.

I am seriously interested in the xbox controller too. Reviews on Amazon (and there were a LOT) seem squarely at 'meh'. However the price is double at Amazon. Most are saying that this is the modded controller you want for your favorite first person shooters and it works like a dream for about a month. I have always cursed players I've suspected using modded controllers and can make care packages fall like rain. Nonetheless, for the price it is certainly tempting to get them and see what all the fuss is about.

Quixxilver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Quixxilver
jlnokc wrote:I am seriously interested in the xbox controller too. Reviews on Amazon (and there were a LOT) seem squarely at 'meh'. However the price is double at Amazon. Most are saying that this is the modded controller you want for your favorite first person shooters and it works like a dream for about a month. I have always cursed players I've suspected using modded controllers and can make care packages fall like rain. Nonetheless, for the price it is certainly tempting to get them and see what all the fuss is about.

That's an accurate point of view. Mine was gifted to me, and It's been solid for about a year now. Would I pay full price? Not me. This price makes it a good buy and there is a warranty, however short, to ensure the refurb works ok.

Passenger57

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Passenger57

Razer Carcharias headsets the most comfortable gaming headsets I've ever owned.

kredal

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kredal

I bought a Naga gaming mouse from Woot in August 2010, and it's still going strong. Tempted to buy a replacement wireless one here...

GRam1125

quality posts: 1 Private Messages GRam1125
jlnokc wrote:I am seriously interested in the xbox controller too. Reviews on Amazon (and there were a LOT) seem squarely at 'meh'. However the price is double at Amazon. Most are saying that this is the modded controller you want for your favorite first person shooters and it works like a dream for about a month. I have always cursed players I've suspected using modded controllers and can make care packages fall like rain. Nonetheless, for the price it is certainly tempting to get them and see what all the fuss is about.

Its a garbage controller.

I've bought two of these. One from woot, and one from Amazon. Neither controller functions anymore.

Both had buttons not work out of the box, and after replacing the amazon one since I had a return policy there, the replacement controller even had a button go bad after a month of incredibly light use (I'm not that much of a gamer on the consoles).

I'll never ever buy another razor controller

corvettejoe

quality posts: 24 Private Messages corvettejoe

Had a Nostromo keypad since when they were still under the Belkin branding. Mine got misplaced a while back and I ended up buying the latest razer branded one a year or so back. THese things are great for all types of gaming, Keeps your hand from cramping up on the keyboard and is very comfy to use.

I've played a variety of games with it too from Diablo 3, to the latest FarCry3 and logged countless hours of Minecraft with it as well.

I won't game without one now.

socat82

quality posts: 1 Private Messages socat82
BrainWav wrote:Anyone used the Carcharias headset before? I need a new set of headphones, as my old Pioneer Steelwheels (from woot too) finally started cracking. My main issue with headphones is that due to a big head, I tend to put a lot of pressure on them and cheap plastic just breaks after a while.

My wife and I bought these about 3 years ago, and mine has held up beautifully. I game about 3-5 hours a day, and they hold up. Not to mention they are the most comfy set of headphones I've ever owned. I wouldn't hesistate buying another pair, and I would have this time, but I decided to spring for the wireless pair for pc/360.

StarBob

quality posts: 14 Private Messages StarBob

Wow I FINALLY got a Deathadder. Watch it be on the wootoff for cheaper now...

I've had a Tron mouse for a while now and I've enjoyed it, but lately it's been randomly cutting out on me and that just won't due in those intense Planetside 2 battles. Plus the cool mousepad that came with it doesn't really do the light trails anymore. It was fun while it lasted and the mousepad still functions as a solid mouse pad, but I think it's time to go back to this guy.

BlackTiger

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BlackTiger

I have had a decent experience with these guys (woot refurbs a month or so back) and they feel pretty big to me.

paulrap

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paulrap

Just got a Black Widow 2012. Like the keyboard. Dislike the software. They don't mention that you have to have internet connection and account to be able to use the programmable functions. Also read that license agreement states that they can access and use any information on your computer. Legacy driver didn't recognize keyboard on PIP-Boy OSX 10.7. Keyboard does work nice plug and play.

linkdude64

quality posts: 7 Private Messages linkdude64

Some Amazon reviews for the Onza controller say that this will work being plugged into a PC, just that the extra shoulder buttons won't be recognized. Are these a special run of Xbox-only ones or something?

http://www.amazon.com/Razer-Professional-Gaming-Controller-Xbox-360/dp/B004DTLZMQ/ref=cm_srch_res_rtr_2

brandonmcclain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brandonmcclain

I have been looking for a cheap Razer mouse for over a month now. Thank you Woot!

joedetroit

quality posts: 5 Private Messages joedetroit

I've purchased five Razor mice (off of woot! of course) & a Black Window keyboard (new off somewheres else) & I love them all. The mice hold up well to my abuse & at this time (at this price) they are what I use.

Just bought number 6: Razer Lachesis 5600dpi gaming mouse.

Just couldn't stop myself.
-joe

thilde

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thilde

I have a pair of Carcharias and I was disappointed that the mike was always picking up the audio from the headphones. I was using the same settings from my sennheiser pc150's (volume, gain,etc) and the senns didn't have this issue.

whig0486

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whig0486

It stops working pretty quickly. I read reviews and people said this and I thought for this price it cant be that bad. Didn't make it a month before it broke.

BountyHunterSAx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BountyHunterSAx

So the Naga Hex Gaming mouse boasts a 10million click lifecycle with up to 250 accurate clicks per minute? This sounds like a job for MathMan!

So let's see here. 250 clicks a minutes is 1000 clicks every 4x1minutes. And 10,000 of those is 10 million so that means...

40,000 minutes.

Now an hour has about 61 minutes in it. . . namely 60. and 24 of those suckers (to give us a day) should be 1, 2+2, 4, 0; or 1440.

So 40,000 minutes/(1440min/day) = 27.777* days.

You could break this sucker through wear and tear in a month.

[[But wait! What about practicality?]]

Ah yes, that is true. 27.777days (Or, ya know, February) is a long time to go without food, water, or sleep.
Let's assume for argument's sake that one could dedicate each waking hour to playing a game that required optimal clicking of 250clicks/second, and that he was ambidextrous so he could switch off hands every hour. Let us further assume that he/she/it is being delivered food and refreshment constantly and eats with his 'off-hand' as needed. Or on IV, i don't care.

All that leaves is sleep.

The longest any person has verifiably stayed awake concurrently and without meds is 11days. But then, I doubt they were gaming. Let's assume instead that you sleep 8 hours a day - plenty of rest for your trigger finger.

Now that's gonna be a 33.3333% increase in our overall mouse-life, since for every two minutes we had before we we now have three. 1- 2/3 = 1/3!

1/3 of 27.7777 = 9.259259259*. 27.777* + 9.259259259* = 37.037037037*. Yay, you made it another month.

[[But wait, what about OTHER buttons?]]

Ah, you're a crafty one, aren't you? The Naga Hex, after all doesn't just boast one button but TWO. And two buttons on top. And seven on the side. That's eleven buttons! And that means 11times as many clicks if you spread it out properly! Now, you might point out "Ah, but then you wouldn't be gaming, would you?" But that's the sheer brilliance of it! With the programmability of the buttons, you can set any one of them to fill the role of any other that falls. Do the first 8 in pairs, and for the last three, alternate off so as to milk them to the end. It totally works. Which means:

37.037037* *11 = 407.407407*. Now divide by the 365 days in a year: 1.116184677828513444951801116184677828513444951801* [author's note: that is the precise set of recurring end numbers]

In short the Naga Hex - even under heavy stress and optimal conditions should last you at the very least a year. And considering the cost ($45), it's a hell of a bargain!

**And *THAT* is why MathMan is the most useless superhero since Steel**

-AHMAD

CrystalSinger

quality posts: 7 Private Messages CrystalSinger

Also have the Carcharias headset - I've had it for 3 years or so, I think. I used to use it daily for hours at a time, and it was very comfortable. The sound is decent, but certainly not "audiophile" quality. The only reason I don't use it quite as much is because the people that I gamed with and skyped with almost daily have gone on to other things. I do use it for a few hours once a week or so, and it remains very comfortable and works great!

T

pragmatist007

quality posts: 4 Private Messages pragmatist007

I have a set that have stood up well to use as bedroom headphones for more than a year. I occasionally fall asleep with them on. They sound good, but don't completely isolate outside noise, so you can still hear the phone. They are comfortable as all get out. Best headphones I have ever purchased.

SWBailey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SWBailey
artulo wrote:My Razer Diamondback that I bought here in 2008 still works great.

Ha ha! Mine, too! I never spent much on any mouse or keyboard (probably should have), but the first Woot I bought was a green-lit Razer Diamondback mouse. Still working and still my favorite mouse of all time.

toben7l

quality posts: 4 Private Messages toben7l

bought a pair of them from Woot about two years ago now. my wife liked them so much i bought her a pair the last time they were on here. comfortable, good mic placement, good sound, i can wear them for hours without really thinking "i'm wearin a huge freakin headset". prices were higher both times i bought them here too, lol. definitely go for them, you won't be disappointed. also, if you feel like spoiling yourself, you can purchase leather earcups from Razer - the normal cloth ones are fine, but if you sweat a lot, you might want to take them off and clean them once in a while, they absorb liquid easily

redial

quality posts: 0 Private Messages redial

Hi, just wanted to add my razor experience from woot.

got
- woot refurb naga epic. 1-2 years it is perfect and has changed gaming for me. I am not great at keybinding and this mouse has cured me of being a clicker. would never go without it and no failures

- refurb black widow i think from somewhere else. Direction buttons (read WASD) stick on occassion. This has lead to death in raids. for the price of this keyboard i have to say i love it, but could not recommend it based on this. Possibly got a bad apple.

- tiamat headphones. Amazing. Know they are not on this woot so ill leave it at that

marscion

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marscion

Can anyone confirm that the Anansi is backlit? The Razer website says it is, but the pictures here and the description don't give any indication. Maybe it's an older model?