WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Victorinox Watches

Do you know what time it is? Well, we do! And you know what? We're not going to tell you. Because you need to become self-sufficient. And the best way to do that is to buy one of these Victorinox Watches.
Victorinox official site

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Today's useless time fact for you - the next repetitive date: 01/01/01 is 88 years 1 month away...

In the meantime, you can tell time with one of these watches. Do you have a watch on your holiday wishlist?

I'm just hanging out, really.

dluebbert29

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dluebbert29

Victorinox is a company from Switzerland. Since there's no way to translate between English and Swedish, we know little to nothing about them.

Since when is Swedish one of the 4 national languages of Switzerland? Seem to have Switzerland (chocolate, cheese, watches) confused with Sweden (meatballs,IKEA).

opiates

quality posts: 0 Private Messages opiates

If I'm paying more than $50 for a watch, I'd rather it have a mechanical movement.

countdown

quality posts: 14 Private Messages countdown

My first watch, which I bought with my first paycheck when I was 12 years old was a Victorinox. I bought it almost 12 years ago and I still have it and wear it regularly. Easily my oldest possession. The hands started to slip after 6-8 years, but I brought it to the official victorinox repair place to get it fixed (had to pay since the warranty had long expired). The strap has also broken numerous times, but I was very rough with it playing many sports with it, I would never put it down to poor craftsmanship. Strap is easy to fix, some jewelers will even do it for free since it just needs a new pin.

These are much newer anyway so perhaps they would not even have these problems.

But in case anyone was wondering...

Bringing the watch just to my local jeweler, who claimed to have a "master watchmaker" in their employ, did not seem to fix the slipping hands. They fixed absolutely everything else we've brought to them, just not these slipping hands. They would re-align the hands, but a few months later they would slip again. FYI, by slip, I mean they would fall out of sync, so when the minute hand was pointing at 12, the hour hand would be slightly past whatever hour it should have been pointing directly at.

Anyway, I ended up bringing it into a licensed Victorinox repair place and have not had any issues since (its been 3-4 years now).

StanleyS

quality posts: 5 Private Messages StanleyS
dluebbert29 wrote:Seem to have Switzerland (chocolate, cheese, watches) confused with Sweden (meatballs,IKEA).

You left out Swiss bank accounts, Swedish blondes.

caracciolo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages caracciolo

They don't speak Swedish in Switzerland.

jredelstein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jredelstein

I want the one in the botom right of the picture. The orange ones look gross, black and yellow looks great. Why, Woot!, why do you taunt me so?

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
caracciolo wrote:They don't speak Swedish in Switzerland.

Yeah, we've noticed that, thank you all for mentioning it! :D

I'm just hanging out, really.

m3zy6

quality posts: 1 Private Messages m3zy6

These are great for a reasonably priced watch. The fit and finish on them is far superior to anything you would find in the mall in this price range, and the sapphire crystal does a good job keeping it looking nice for years. If you are planning on getting one of these for everyday wear I would stick with the all stainless models though, as the gold tone shows wear over time.

missyscove

quality posts: 12 Private Messages missyscove

Offer a 32 mm ladies watch and I'd be in. I just can't get used to a 27mm watch on my wrist.

bpr2

quality posts: 181 Private Messages bpr2

Hi woot! I bought one of the watches. Please don not disappoint me with the shipping packaging! I don't want to hassle with a return ect.

that was fun while it lasted!

mdnorman

quality posts: 50 Private Messages mdnorman
opiates wrote:If I'm paying more than $50 for a watch, I'd rather it have a mechanical movement.

I know what you mean, and I concur!

mpez0

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mpez0

The specs say day/date calendar. Where's the day of week displayed?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mpez0 wrote:The specs say day/date calendar. Where's the day of week displayed?

Looks like that may be incorrect. I'll email and check on it.

Update: Heard back. Picture is correct. Feature has been updated to be date only.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bpr2

You sent my watch with USPS?! Everyone pray that it comes in one piece please! or even at all.

StanleyS

quality posts: 5 Private Messages StanleyS
bpr2 wrote:You sent my watch with USPS?! Everyone pray that it comes in one piece please! or even at all.

I've had watches shipped from *China* that came in bubble-pack envelopes...and survived.

bpr2

This is not helping my worries much!

FroM the usps SITE
"Delivery status information is not available for your item via this web site. A return receipt after mailing may be available through your local Post Office."

bpr2

Dear Woot,
My watch came today in one piece! I am sorry that I ever doubted your shipping ways of such an expensive item! I shall not doubt your ways again.

I love this watch, but the only problem is that I need to get a few of the links removed, while clasped, the watch slides up a 1/4 of my arm. heh.

Thank you for the superb watch woot!

Very happily yours,
BPR2

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bpr2 wrote:Dear Woot,
My watch came today in one piece! I am sorry that I ever doubted your shipping ways of such an expensive item! I shall not doubt your ways again.

I love this watch, but the only problem is that I need to get a few of the links removed, while clasped, the watch slides up a 1/4 of my arm. heh.

Thank you for the superb watch woot!

Very happily yours,
BPR2

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders