WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

VIZIOs for the Holidays

Ah, television. With you, I no longer need friends, hobbies, or family. You are the golden calf, the Cornucopia, the Tree of Life. Life has become little more than one prolonged commercial break... but as I devote myself to you, I see now that our great romance could be even impossibly greater, with just a few more inches and pixels.

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Do you have a VIZIO? Another brand that's better? Tell us about it.

I'm just hanging out, really.

kingjames1979

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kingjames1979

Great deal on these TVs. Except I ordered one of these a month ago from Woot, 2 weeks went by before I got it, then it was the wrong one. I was then to,d that they were sold out of the one I ordered, and yet somehow they have them in stock again. My patience is running low with a certain few online deal sites.

alknowles

quality posts: 3 Private Messages alknowles
kingjames1979 wrote:Great deal on these TVs. Except I ordered one of these a month ago from Woot, 2 weeks went by before I got it, then it was the wrong one. I was then to,d that they were sold out of the one I ordered, and yet somehow they have them in stock again. My patience is running low with a certain few online deal sites.

How is the quality with the actual TV that you received? I've never bought a refurb TV but never had a bad experience with Woot and I've ordered my fair share of items!

richbutler1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages richbutler1

I bought two Vizio refurbs last time. One 42" w/apps, GREAT picture (to me with the vivid color profile), another 32" w/apps that serves as both TV and monitor for an office PC. I saw no dead pixels to date in either. One remote was brand new, the other was slightly used. So far, so good. My thoughts on TVs is that they're reliable like refrigerators, so issues are usually present as soon as you get them or shortly thereafter.

I've also bought refurb Ooma, etc. without any issues to date. NEVER buy a refurbed hard drive btw. Hope this helps.

alknowles wrote:How is the quality with the actual TV that you received? I've never bought a refurb TV but never had a bad experience with Woot and I've ordered my fair share of items!

KLibecco

quality posts: 1 Private Messages KLibecco

I bought a 32" Vizio about a year ago and have been pleased with my picture quality. I watch only over-the-air broadcasts and this does fine w/ a converter box and antenna. The picture quality is really stunning, no complaints, but I'm most impressed with the audio quality. This thing puts out very nice sound without any alterations or additions.

Drawback: The remote that came with my Vizio is the most awful, flimsy, horrible device I've ever encountered. It's like they looked up the bare minimum line and then had a limbo contest under it, the winner was this remote: it's complete junk.

adrmschwer

quality posts: 8 Private Messages adrmschwer

Just got my Vizio in from the last time they were up here, the E321VT, picture is great, sound isn't as bad as what reviews online say, but the buttons on the TV sink into the TV frame when I try to press them. Button circuit board/header must not have been attached to the frame of the TV very well.

Question: Would you return the TV if the buttons on the TV couldn't be used, or would you not care?

inkycatz

adrmschwer wrote:Just got my Vizio in from the last time they were up here, the E321VT, picture is great, sound isn't as bad as what reviews online say, but the buttons on the TV sink into the TV frame when I try to press them. Button circuit board/header must not have been attached to the frame of the TV very well.

Question: Would you return the TV if the buttons on the TV couldn't be used, or would you not care?

Well I'd see if you could get a replacement from Vizio, or hope you never lose your remote.

bratib

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bratib
adrmschwer wrote:Just got my Vizio in from the last time they were up here, the E321VT, picture is great, sound isn't as bad as what reviews online say, but the buttons on the TV sink into the TV frame when I try to press them. Button circuit board/header must not have been attached to the frame of the TV very well.

Who uses the buttons on the TV anymore?

bratib

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bratib
inkycatz wrote:Do you have a VIZIO? Another brand that's better? Tell us about it.

I have 2 now and we have bought several for work and they are excellent. No issues with sound or the picture.

joanbarros

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joanbarros

I would like to buy the cleaning kit but it gives an error on checkout.

KLibecco

quality posts: 1 Private Messages KLibecco
bratib wrote:Who uses the buttons on the TV anymore?

People who have Vizios and the remotes arrive broken.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

kingjames1979 wrote:Great deal on these TVs. Except I ordered one of these a month ago from Woot, 2 weeks went by before I got it, then it was the wrong one. I was then to,d that they were sold out of the one I ordered, and yet somehow they have them in stock again. My patience is running low with a certain few online deal sites.

sorry you had a bad experience.
it might help to note that our inventory (and our vendors' inventories) are constantly changing.
we're not maliciously trying to make your universe more difficult, i promise. we're too lazy for that.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

joanbarros wrote:I would like to buy the cleaning kit but it gives an error on checkout.

hmm. can you describe the error that you're seeing?

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

craigthom

quality posts: 62 Private Messages craigthom
KLibecco wrote:I bought a 32" Vizio about a year ago and have been pleased with my picture quality. I watch only over-the-air broadcasts and this does fine w/ a converter box and antenna.

Why do you need a converter box? Why not just hook the antenna to the TV?

jmbunkin

quality posts: 28 Private Messages jmbunkin

I bought a Vizio 32" 1080P, 3D,smart TV(new of course) from Target 10 days ago for $299 so I'm not impressed with Woot's 32" 720,refurb for $220!

skrutinizr

quality posts: 8 Private Messages skrutinizr
craigthom wrote:Why do you need a converter box? Why not just hook the antenna to the TV?

True dat. I have the same TV and use it with an antenna- no converter box needed.

I have the non-3D 47" listed here as well and I like it a lot. I use a Logitech Harmony remote- the original remote sucks. Never knew they had buttons on the TV itself though- that's just crazy, like anyone would ever get up to change channels or something.

kingjames1979

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kingjames1979

I actually never turned on the TV that they sent. The back of the TV was scratched a little, and the remote was really scratched up, but the screen looked good and clean. Again, I didn't turn on the TV, so I can't speak to the picture quality. This was my first bad experience with woot. I bought a 3D bluray player from them about a month ago, and it arrived 3 days after I ordered it. It to was a refurb, and had a little scratch or two on the top, and the remote was scratched a little, but it works perfectly. One of the things that I've been wanting to check is why they all if a sudden started charging sales tax on items I buy. Maybe that's a question for another thread...

alknowles wrote:How is the quality with the actual TV that you received? I've never bought a refurb TV but never had a bad experience with Woot and I've ordered my fair share of items!

jthebird1977

quality posts: 27 Private Messages jthebird1977

Have two Vizio tvs. 47 and 23 inch. Both purchased on the discount rack at sams club. 47 inch was a floor model for about a year (it was the first "truLED" they made, with built in wifi. still running very well for me two years later. the remote died within the first year. they quickly sent a replacement.

23 inch had a problem with the backlighting within a few weeks of purchase. vizio shipped me a new replacement.

The tv's are great and their customer service has been even better in my opinion. Always get to speak with someone in the US who speaks English.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

jadefrolics

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jadefrolics

My Vizio TV from the sale a couple weeks ago arrived damaged, and I was also told that this TV was unavailable to replace after multiple requests for help to check for additional TVs. Yet here it is literally a week later. Hm.

bobbielynn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bobbielynn

If you plan to pay with a credit card, I'd recommend checking on whether any of your cards will double the warranty on a refurbished item. That would make these a substantially better deal.

In the batch where I bought one of the Vizio TVs, it came without a remote initially, and Woot eventually found one for me. It has gone bad just prior to the expiration of the warranty, so it'll now need to be sent out to be fixed. A couple of weeks later and I'd have had to take it in for recycling instead.

shareef777

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shareef777

When will Woot bring in TVs bigger then 47"? I've been waiting for something to replace my dying 52" Sony.

hehthuryo

quality posts: 36 Private Messages hehthuryo

I bought a 32" 1080p refurb Vizio off of Woot about 6 months ago and I couldn't be happier with it. It arrived within a week. Neither the box or the TV itself was damaged whatsoever. In fact, the TV looked brand new. I run a Roku, DVD, bluray, and attach my laptop via hdmi sometimes and it all works perfectly. I'm going to buy another one today and I'll purchase TVs from them again in the future. Any time I've had trouble with an order it has been taken care of promptly through customer service. All you have to do is email them.

summitrt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages summitrt
KLibecco wrote:I bought a 32" Vizio about a year ago and have been pleased with my picture quality. I watch only over-the-air broadcasts and this does fine w/ a converter box and antenna. The picture quality is really stunning, no complaints, but I'm most impressed with the audio quality. This thing puts out very nice sound without any alterations or additions.

Drawback: The remote that came with my Vizio is the most awful, flimsy, horrible device I've ever encountered. It's like they looked up the bare minimum line and then had a limbo contest under it, the winner was this remote: it's complete junk.

You would get the same channels clearer without the converter box. You don't need it, the Vizio has a digital tuner built in.

karadi

quality posts: 3 Private Messages karadi

Not really a deal on 47" . The new one is $60 more.

http://store.vizio.com/e3d470vx.html

Hoser768

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Hoser768

I got the 37" about a year ago for $40 more. No complaints. Arrived fine and works great.

Listen to me now, or hear me say "I told you so" later.

joewxboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joewxboy
karadi wrote:Not really a deal on 47" . The new one is $60 more.

Because the shipping from Visio is $99, making this one $154 less, including shipping.

karadi

joewxboy wrote:Because the shipping from Visio is $99, making this one $154 less, including shipping.

You can go to any store these days, and they do a price match independent of shipping charges.

cyberfrog96

quality posts: 5 Private Messages cyberfrog96

I see whatcha did there, woot, I recognize those topiaries.

inkycatz

cyberfrog96 wrote:I see whatcha did there, woot, I recognize those topiaries.

So busted. :D

madpoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages madpoo

So, I ordered the 47" 3D model when they offered these a couple weeks back. It came a couple days ago (let's call it 2 weeks after the order was placed).

I turned it on and left it running for a solid 16 hours straight. Ran it through the wifi setup, did a cable channel scan, hooked up my Roku and checked out the HDMI inputs. So far it's all working great. I haven't tried out the 3D features yet (I need to wire up my 3D BD player).

With a 90 day Woot warranty (and I got the SquareTrade extended warranty...these are refurbs after all), so worst case, it goes back for a replacement/repair.

This is a gift, so I really wanted to run it through the paces before I drop it off... I'm pleased so far. I'm probably going to leave it on for another solid 16 hours straight, a couple days in a row, to really "burn it in".

EDIT: The only signs I could see that indicated it was a refurb were some minor scratching on the back where the pedestal mount attaches to the unit. Other than that, it was in decent shape... had protective film around the plastic front bezel and pedestal mount base.

sklathill

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sklathill

I actually bought a refurb 37" Vizio (I think 2+ generations behind the one that's here) and it's been a champ. Good performance and reliable as heck. It even survived a fall, tipped off a table 3 feet up onto hardwood, screen first. It's been 3 years since that incident and you'd never tell it's been through such trauma...

karadi

madpoo wrote:So, I ordered the 47" 3D model when they offered these a couple weeks back. It came a couple days ago (let's call it 2 weeks after the order was placed).

I turned it on and left it running for a solid 16 hours straight. Ran it through the wifi setup, did a cable channel scan, hooked up my Roku and checked out the HDMI inputs. So far it's all working great. I haven't tried out the 3D features yet (I need to wire up my 3D BD player).

With a 90 day Woot warranty (and I got the SquareTrade extended warranty...these are refurbs after all), so worst case, it goes back for a replacement/repair.

This is a gift, so I really wanted to run it through the paces before I drop it off... I'm pleased so far. I'm probably going to leave it on for another solid 16 hours straight, a couple days in a row, to really "burn it in".

EDIT: The only signs I could see that indicated it was a refurb were some minor scratching on the back where the pedestal mount attaches to the unit. Other than that, it was in decent shape... had protective film around the plastic front bezel and pedestal mount base.

I'm curious about your rationale to - not getting a new one as a gift, which is just $60 more ? http://store.vizio.com/e3d470vx.html

karadi

I must confess, I've ordered this but I found the price on new one more interesting. I contacted woot to reduce the price or throw in a square trade warranty for free, but they didn't. So I'll have to return this woot back. This is first time ever I'm returning anything. I must say, I'm disappointed with woot's prices these days.

madpoo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages madpoo
karadi wrote:I'm curious about your rationale to - not getting a new one as a gift, which is just $60 more ? http://store.vizio.com/e3d470vx.html

Adding in the shipping from Vizio would have made it just that much more expensive.

I think a new one has a 1-year warranty, so geting the SquareTrade 1-year warranty catches me up on that...

I think I still come out about $100 ahead when all is said and done.

pilotwillie

quality posts: 18 Private Messages pilotwillie
karadi wrote:I'm curious about your rationale to - not getting a new one as a gift, which is just $60 more ? http://store.vizio.com/e3d470vx.html

As has been stated already, Vizio's shipping is $99. Also, the price difference is actually $69.99 not $60. Subtract the $5 Woot's shipping is and the price difference is $163.99.

Then factor in that Vizio charges tax, or at least they do to IL (which Woot does not). This makes the $535 shipped refurb turn into a $764.73 new.

I'd say 30% savings is a pretty compelling reason to buy refurb vs new.

finejenn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages finejenn

I ordered the 47" tv last time it was available and it finally arrived earlier this week. It emits a high pitched noise about every half and hour and won't stop until it is turned off. It also turns off by itself randomly often. Anyone else having this issue? I know they are refurbs but this is ridiculous.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

finejenn wrote:I ordered the 47" tv last time it was available and it finally arrived earlier this week. It emits a high pitched noise about every half and hour and won't stop until it is turned off. It also turns off by itself randomly often. Anyone else having this issue? I know they are refurbs but this is ridiculous.

Sorry for the problems with the TV. Please email support@woot.com so they can help you out. Include your woot username and order number for faster service.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

finejenn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages finejenn

TV no longer stays on for more than 2 minutes. I am on the hook for shipping this thing back?!? Buyers beware, this is absolutely ridiculous and horrible customer service.

inkycatz

finejenn wrote:TV no longer stays on for more than 2 minutes. I am on the hook for shipping this thing back?!? Buyers beware, this is absolutely ridiculous and horrible customer service.

Please feel free to mail support@woot.com with your issue and see how they can help out.