mooz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mooz

I have wanted one of these for years but I stop short because I read so many terrible reviews about it. Consumer Reports has never given it a good review ever. Guess I better let this one pass.

mrfishwhiskers

quality posts: 11 Private Messages mrfishwhiskers

Once I vacuum up my two cats, then what use will it be? Maybe the neighbors can borrow/rent it from me for their animals.....

nmill005

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nmill005
mooz wrote:I have wanted one of these for years but I stop short because I read so many terrible reviews about it. Consumer Reports has never given it a good review ever. Guess I better let this one pass.

Buy a new Shark for half the price of this refurb. You will be glad you did.

gobliz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gobliz

someone buy them just to make it go faster...

lucyfoss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lucyfoss

I bought this full price (over $500 a few years back. It's a great vacuum! The downside is that it works poorly on flat surfaces IF YOU DON'T USE THE ATTACHMENT THAT COMES WITH IT! Duh! I agree with the coil though. It's too tight.

dmax801 wrote:Rats. I actually need this. But all these disgruntled Wooters are making me think I'm chump for buying it.

Maybe I should get it at Costco and avoid the Cone of Shame...

Aroostook Lucy

lucyfoss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lucyfoss

After vacuuming my rug, I bought the Dyson Animal, came home and re-vacuumed the same rug. It filled the vacuum with dirt. I was a believer from then on. Love my Dyson Animal.

mooz wrote:I have wanted one of these for years but I stop short because I read so many terrible reviews about it. Consumer Reports has never given it a good review ever. Guess I better let this one pass.

Aroostook Lucy

easpangler

quality posts: 2 Private Messages easpangler

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh! No more vacuums!!!

dmax801

quality posts: 8 Private Messages dmax801
dmax801 wrote:Rats. I actually need this. But all these disgruntled Wooters are making me think I'm chump for buying it.

Maybe I should get it at Costco and avoid the Cone of Shame...

All right. I checked Costco and the Dyson 40 is $500. In for one. Apply the Cone of Shame, which will be offset by the Gratitude from Wife.

sr2k

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sr2k

I would look into getting one of these, you know, if my apartment was larger than a single 20'x20' room. Which I share with 3 other guys...

ohreeds

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ohreeds

Always have to chime in on these! Bought one a zillion years ago on Woot. Love it! 3 teens, dog, cat, and husband track in all sorts of stuff and the Dyson works awesome! Before getting the Dyson went through 3 brand name vacuums in two years!! Love the washable filter and the fact that you can almost completely dissemble to get stuck items (which happens so rarely. I'm amazed at the things this vacuum picks up).

angelahanson08

quality posts: 1 Private Messages angelahanson08

If anyone has an extra I'll take it! I'm so mad I missed this again. Arg.