Einsteinus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Einsteinus
erectorsett wrote:I feel that way at times too...I joined in 2006, It doesnt show that though cause my old email my other name is on got corrupt. It was alot funner back then. Maybe one day amazon will find another way to make it fun again

I joined just a few months ago and it dosent show except you cant open the front door due to too many woot boxes

erectorsett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages erectorsett
CooperDude wrote:I long for the days of pole vault girl and funny kitty pix. When's the last time we've seen a Leakfrog? Haven't seen Random Crab in a couple of woot-offs. Now in the AA era (after amazon) we mostly see vacuums, knife sets and iJunk. You are so right my friend...it just isn't the same.

you cant forget ROOMBA lol. They would be up for awhile, but they would always sell out

Einsteinus

misterkenno wrote:Don't the Amish sell a similar heater with a (real?)wood mantle included, on their TV shopping show?

Ya ..but this one has a remote control that does your sub-woofer also

dmntdangel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmntdangel
erectorsett wrote:I remember when woot was fun, and everyone got a lot of laughs, while still buying stuff from the site...And hardly ever any complaints...I still buy stuff from woot at times, but it sure isnt the same

Ditto. Cats pics, pole vault girl, and just plain old fun. Not to mention the excellent product write ups. It was good while it lasted.

tomm2thumbs

quality posts: 27 Private Messages tomm2thumbs

Bag o crap offered precisely at 12:12 PST ???

Einsteinus

misterkenno wrote:Might be doable if your house is less than 100 square feet!

and you have to sit right in front of it and don't move!

Einsteinus

tomm2thumbs wrote:Bag o crap offered precisely at 12:12 PST ???

ya think?

jonathandunbar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jonathandunbar

I want some sweet pants... my wife wants to see me in sweet pants. Where do we get them??!![/quote]

You Weeple want sweet pants, then do the following:

Get a pound of sugar and a 5 gal bucket of water. Next pour the sugar into the water, mix until tired. Next take the pants and soak them over night. In the morning, remove the pants from the bucket and hang to dry outside (use netting because the sweetness will attract insects). Next, once dry, put on the pants and ask people (Woot + people = weeple) to lick your pants. Market sweet pants and make millions. Obama will now take your millions because you didn't build those sweet pants, poor workers/welfare people did. Its really that simple ;)

dmntdangel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmntdangel
CooperDude wrote:I long for the days of pole vault girl and funny kitty pix. When's the last time we've seen a Leakfrog? Haven't seen Random Crab in a couple of woot-offs. Now in the AA era (after amazon) we mostly see vacuums, knife sets and iJunk. You are so right my friend...it just isn't the same.

Yeah, and I need some more leakfrogs, *sigh* would like to have at least 9 more of 'em

markgriz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages markgriz

Looks just like the Edenpure heater they hawk on infomercials, but 1/5 the price.

jonathandunbar

markgriz wrote:Looks just like the Edenpure heater they hawk on infomercials, but 1/5 the price.

It is ... OH Look, the next woot is yet the same iPhone case they have sold 7 or 8 times in the past!

dliidlii

quality posts: 33 Private Messages dliidlii

This does not heat a room anymore efficiently than other 1500 watt heaters selling for half the price but it does look nicer.

jonathandunbar

dliidlii wrote:This does not heat a room anymore efficiently than other 1500 watt heaters selling for half the price but it does look nicer.

$5 to ship 19 lbs ... that is the main reason I purchased! but who cares ... I'm cold.

TCayer

quality posts: 9 Private Messages TCayer

To everyone saying it's somewhere else cheaper- make sure you check the specs: there are several models. THIS one has two wattage settings, and is rated for 1500 square feet. The others may have just one setting and many are rated for 1000 square feet. Make sure you are comparing apples to apples. That said, This price is average. The heater itself is awesome. I have two, and they helped reduce my utility bill by around $100 per month. Your mileage may vary. My furnace is OLD, thus not as efficient as newer ones, thus my savings may be greater. These blow forced hot air, and don't get hot to the touch, but don't heat up instantly either. Dollar for dollar these are the best electric heaters I've found, and I've tried a lot. And to the guy who debated with me last time about efficienct of various 1500-watt heaters: 15 100 watt light bulbs will use the same electricity, but won't heat up the same area. Nyah!

BlutoBird

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BlutoBird

I have the same type of heater, but mine is the Eden Pure brand. I am amazed at how well the heater keeps my home comfortable and the gas furnace only kicks on on the coldest nights. My gas bill dropped from $140/month to only $35/month. My electric bill increased only $15 during this period.

kantaris wrote:Anyone have a decent review on this?
Just got beat up by my gas company from Hurricane Sandy (got a gas bill that cost more than every other gas bill I've gotten in the past year).

I would rather stick it to the gas company and heat my (tiny) home with an electric heat source.

duddly47

quality posts: 0 Private Messages duddly47
kantaris wrote:Anyone have a decent review on this?
Just got beat up by my gas company from Hurricane Sandy (got a gas bill that cost more than every other gas bill I've gotten in the past year).

I would rather stick it to the gas company and heat my (tiny) home with an electric heat source.

I have total of 4 of these infrared heaters, having purchased 3 from WOOT over the past 3 years. I live in Ohio, in a house with baseboard gas fired boiler heat. This is my 4 winter in the house, and the first years winter gas bill averaged $200 month. The boiler is 47 years old, works great, just not energy efficient. From my experience, these heaters work exactly as advertised. All of them are 1500 watts. I rarely fire up the boiler only on coldest winter mornings to get the chill off. Highest gas bill last winter was 68 bucks. My electric went up only a modest 50-60 bucks per month. My house has three zones for base board heat. The family room I heat it with 2 heaters, it is 24x20. The two heaters in there heat the room evenly and keep it at a comfortable 70-73 degrees. I use the other s in my bedroom and office. These heaters perform exactly as advertised offering even heat. They say one will maintain heat up to 1000 sf, but that is that is a stretch. I found 2 works best for my needs in my family room.