catgrrl

quality posts: 8 Private Messages catgrrl

Do they ever even put up a Bucketful of Curmudgeons during a Wootoff any more? I never see 'em.

There are too many Woots to keep track of now. They've diluted their brand something awful.

fldeals

quality posts: 24 Private Messages fldeals

The imposter monkeys were $1.99 each.
And, yes the "good" (original) monkeys were $1.99 each (plus $5 shipping.)

I guess this (100% price increase) is why we had the imposter ones for a while.

Thewacokid

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Thewacokid

Woot is officially dead to me.

Annoying Woot-offs, no Big Ol' Cataclysm, and even crappier items than in the past.

Goodbye Woot.

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:I don't know, I was wondering the same thing.
Guess we have to wait for a real mod.

I just asked, not really sure myself...

phishgirl3

quality posts: 1 Private Messages phishgirl3
jimbo564 wrote:Here's the list.

Amazing! Thank you

(In for 3, anyhow.)

Einsteinus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Einsteinus
computermd82 wrote:If it's the original monkeys and not the imposters we've had since April, it's well worth it, especially if you've bought at least one other item today.

Really? And do you know where your monkey is tonight?

iissurf

quality posts: 25 Private Messages iissurf

The first line of the description says "yes this is the good monkey."

Take that how you will.

bsmith1

quality posts: 103 Private Messages bsmith1
ROGETRAY wrote:I just asked, not really sure myself...

The head of the large monkeys was disproportionate to the body. I think these are the normal size since the head doesn't look huge.

todaresq

quality posts: 75 Private Messages todaresq

Well... the other one during the armeged-off was 1.99... so hmmm... may be the bigger one... may just be more expensive... maybe the Big Ol' Cataclysm.. maybe just a price hike.

Streiff

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Streiff

I'm just happy to finally see a monkey in a Woot Off I don't already have. In for one.

tobias23

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tobias23

is it the end? there was a monkey last night also...

charliecarroll

quality posts: 104 Private Messages charliecarroll

congrats, computermd82. I am sure it took lighting speed to be the "first sucker" on this deal. You have now carved out your place in history. LOL

markviens

quality posts: 1 Private Messages markviens

In for three, going to take two friends to IKEA and shoot them all over the store! :P

Mein W00Tz!: 1. 2/20/2007 Zcyber i3 Mini Speaker 2-Pack 2. 5/31/2007 iRiver AFT100 Mobile FM Transmitter 3. 6/1/2007 Random craptaculistic items X 3 !!!!! 4. 7/19/2007 LeakFrog! 5. 10/25/2007 Xact WristLinx FRS/GMRS X 3 6. 3/18/2008 La Crosse Technology Window Thermometer - 2 Pack 7. 5/11/2008 Maverick BBQ Thermometer 8. 5/4/10 Camelbak 70oz SnoBlast Hydration Pack (2) 9. Random Crappy Hour! 5/6/10
Mein Chopz! 112—HM; 128—CCC; 143—2nd; 157—1st; 160—HM; 161—HM; 177—MONKEY PRIZE!

benmason

quality posts: 4 Private Messages benmason
anago wrote:So... 3 woot-offs in a row with no Big Ol' Cataclysm = Big Ol' Cataclysm officially gone?

I believe so, I remember reading somewhere that they are only doing it for facebook and twitter.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 555 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

This is the original brand of monkeys! Normal size. Like everything else in this cruel world, the price to make them has gone up.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

msstrickland

quality posts: 0 Private Messages msstrickland

It's interesting, Amazon as a website is awesome, Amazon as the overlord of Woot is just terrible.

werdwerdus

quality posts: 13 Private Messages werdwerdus
Streiff wrote:I'm just happy to finally see a monkey in a Woot Off I don't already have. In for one.

same feeling here except I'm sure you meant THREE right :p

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan

I will go play with my original monkey that was $1.99 and the huge that was $4.99

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

bkarlan wrote:The HUGE monkeys were $4.99 last time I thought.

hey woot mods, are these the large size?

dontwantaname wrote:I don't know, I was wondering the same thing.
Guess we have to wait for a real mod.

According to staff I just spoke with, these Monkeys are the Original/Standard size.

Sincerely,
Woot Staff

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

SteveTemkin wrote:I wouldn't recommend this as a dog toy, but my pooch is crazy for her screamin' monkey, and after 3 months has not wrecked it.

I cut the screaming box out of it before I give it to the dog. I figure the box and battery would be really bad if he ate it. (and he would)

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

snoopyjy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages snoopyjy
ThunderThighs wrote:This is the original brand of monkeys! Normal size. Like everything else in this cruel world, the price to make them has gone up.

I thought they were bred in captivitiy...

Hi-C said the blind man as he took a sip from the cup.

andrewshulman

quality posts: 4 Private Messages andrewshulman
ThunderThighs wrote:This is the original brand of monkeys! Normal size. Like everything else in this cruel world, the price to make them has gone up.

Well worth it. The masked monkeys sucked. I worked with the guys who supply Woot their monkeys (or at least the people who are on the tag) and ... yah - they were running out of the good ones. I had to get a lot of capless monkeys due to the shortage with their supplier. I would rather pay a bit more to get my good friends, then pay less and get the cousins we don't like to mention at family reunions ...

theoneill555

quality posts: 56 Private Messages theoneill555

Thank you, ma'am.

I said I would willingly pay more to get the originals back. YAY! New monkeys!

That's O'neill with two L's *holds up three fingers*

andrewshulman

quality posts: 4 Private Messages andrewshulman
snoopyjy wrote:I thought they were bred in captivitiy...

Only the masked monkeys are "inbred" in captivity. Hence, their masks of shame.

anago

quality posts: 1 Private Messages anago
msstrickland wrote:It's interesting, Amazon as a website is awesome, Amazon as the overlord of Woot is just terrible.

100% agreed!

I’m addicted to placebos. I could quit, but it wouldn’t matter. -- Steven Wright

embhorn

quality posts: 2 Private Messages embhorn

I can't afford to spank these monkeys.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 555 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

snoopyjy wrote:I thought they were bred in captivitiy...

Ok, then. They got s pimp. Middle man raised the price.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

snoopyjy

andrewshulman wrote:Only the masked monkeys are "inbred" in captivity. Hence, their masks of shame.

Now I am really confused... I was told they were the ninja monkeys that only certain people could see... wait that doesn't make sense since you can't see a ninja so never mind.

computermd82

quality posts: 31 Private Messages computermd82
charliecarroll wrote:congrats, computermd82. I am sure it took lighting speed to be the "first sucker" on this deal. You have now carved out your place in history. LOL

I knew it was coming since they pulled the popcorn maker halfway through their stock. It went from 50-something percent left to Sold Out.

V'Owl Birthday of Celebrations GIVEAWAY!!!!
"And the man in the rain picked up his bag of secrets, and journeyed up the mountainside, far above the clouds. And nothing was ever heard from him again, except for the sound of Tubular Bells."

thisisntjasmine

quality posts: 1 Private Messages thisisntjasmine

My one and only beautiful caped hooded screaming monkey is atop my xmas tree right now. Everyone should buy one to at least do that

peacelover222

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peacelover222

+1
2nd-ed

garylehr wrote:It's been too long since the last KEYCHAIN MONKEY!!! My keychain is in desperate need of a screaming monkey!! It's the long lost third size..are you listening, woot mods?

snoopyjy

ThunderThighs wrote:Ok, then. They got s pimp. Middle man raises the prices.

Hmm I sense a woot video where the pimp shows up and pushes the monkey sale like those adopt a kid organizations.

MisterRon

quality posts: 6 Private Messages MisterRon

Do you think the following monkey shirts will ever be offered again? Ours are showing the signs of constant wash and wear fatigue.

http://www.woot.com/offers/size-x-large-be-the-screaming-monkey-a-woot-tee

MisterRon

steiger21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages steiger21

BOOOO!

Bad way to end the Woot-off

crackkitty

quality posts: 3 Private Messages crackkitty

well, at least they're not MOUS's (Monkey's of Unusual Size).

tracergod

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tracergod
MisterRon wrote:Do you think the following monkey shirts will ever be offered again? Ours are showing the signs of constant wash and wear fatigue.

http://www.woot.com/offers/size-x-large-be-the-screaming-monkey-a-woot-tee

Ron,

They just offered those in a side sale a few weeks ago.

http://shirt.woot.com/plus/shirts-of-crap

DrJ48

quality posts: 5 Private Messages DrJ48

No Comment! Can not say less.

MisterRon

quality posts: 6 Private Messages MisterRon
tracergod wrote:Ron,

They just offered those in a side sale a few weeks ago.

I didn't see them because I don't check on most of the side sales.

MisterRon

tmmurphy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tmmurphy
beagletail wrote:Possibly a good dog toy.

My dog (a Lab cross) loves these, and never breaks the "screamer".
My friend's Australian Herding dog (border collie cross?) loves the scream, then proceeds to crunch it to death. ET-death?= 2 minutes. I just got him another just to make him feel guilty again!

RHaas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RHaas

No Bandit Overrun City! Just three days of a crap-filled woot off. Good riddance!