cobraman61

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cobraman61

Seeing they are the original monkeys,which I have still lots of and after giving my grandkids at lease a dozen,I got 2 more,and free shipping.I did'nt like those fake monkeys,I am glad they have the original monkeys back,even if they cost a lot more,so make sure you buy something the last day of the Wootoff,so you will get free shipping.If they stop the free shipping,then I will not buy anymore monkeys.

sizzletime

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sizzletime

When has this ever been for sale for $9.99?

thespiansmc

quality posts: 20 Private Messages thespiansmc

none of my monkeys has ever screamed. they must be too happy.

tsukitensh

quality posts: 23 Private Messages tsukitensh
cobraman61 wrote:Seeing they are the original monkeys,which I have still lots of and after giving my grandkids at lease a dozen,I got 2 more,and free shipping.I did'nt like those fake monkeys,I am glad they have the original monkeys back,even if they cost a lot more,so make sure you buy something the last day of the Wootoff,so you will get free shipping.If they stop the free shipping,then I will not buy anymore monkeys.

...what free shipping? I thought it was $5

snoopyjy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages snoopyjy
sizzletime wrote:When has this ever been for sale for $9.99?

4.99+5 for shipping.

Hi-C said the blind man as he took a sip from the cup.

greyham28

quality posts: 0 Private Messages greyham28
crackkitty wrote:well, at least they're not MOUS's (Monkey's of Unusual Size).

Manuals on Usage and Style? Eww.

snoopyjy

tsukitensh wrote:...what free shipping? I thought it was $5

He means he paid the $5 for something else so the monkey will in a sense ship for free.

quark613

quality posts: 11 Private Messages quark613

Pardon my ignorance, but are these actually good toys for children? Or only as collectibles for adults?

snoopyjy

quark613 wrote:Pardon my ignorance, but are these actually good toys for children? Or only as collectibles for adults?

Depends on the age of the child and your patience... the screams can get old quick but kids will enjoy them too.

tsukitensh

snoopyjy wrote:He means he paid the $5 for something else so the monkey will in a sense ship for free.

Ah, gotcha.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

thespiansmc wrote:none of my monkeys has ever screamed. they must be too happy.

None?
Did you pull the tag on the back of their neck?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

rachelle33

quality posts: 7 Private Messages rachelle33

I have quite a few of the older screaming monkeys I'm going to sell cause I have multiples, this reminded me to do it. Going to look on ebay what they go for. My Stars & Stripes monkey is my favorite!

villagebike

quality posts: 0 Private Messages villagebike

Anyone know how to turn the SCREAMS off? My cat loves the monkey but hates the screams.

Buffbill_ox

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Buffbill_ox

I'm very sad there are no calendars this year... I always loved the woot calendars as a cheap fun gift for fellow wooters. Shark officially jumped woot...

Emerson iTone iPod Docking Station - Woot Cellars Polyphemus - 9 Random Craps! - Nike Nano Armband - 3 Monkeys - Emergency Roadside Kits - Bacon Salt - Flashing woot off lights - Tons of woot shirts

tsukitensh

villagebike wrote:Anyone know how to turn the SCREAMS off? My cat loves the monkey but hates the screams.

Rip out its vocal cho--oh, I just went to a bad place...

snoopyjy

villagebike wrote:Anyone know how to turn the SCREAMS off? My cat loves the monkey but hates the screams.

A gag? I think the pack/battery can be removed but not 100% sure on each monkey.

Hoser768

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Hoser768

Old Monkeys $1.99 x3 + $5 = 10.97

New Monkeys 3.99 x3 +I already got something = 11.97

Cost increase of $.33/monkey.

I can live with that.

Listen to me now, or hear me say "I told you so" later.

TheBopster

quality posts: 3 Private Messages TheBopster

Give the monkey to a kid for a day. That should do it.

kevinleesmith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevinleesmith

No Bandit Overrun City during the Woot-Off???

Sumisu-San

duodec

quality posts: 14 Private Messages duodec

The Silence of the Monkeys is easily accomplished...

Look upon my Avatar, ye whiny, and despair!

snoopyjy

Buffbill_ox wrote:I'm very sad there are no calendars this year... I always loved the woot calendars as a cheap fun gift for fellow wooters. Shark officially jumped woot...

yeah I really thought the cards would be for the calandar but nope.

snoopyjy

duodec wrote:The Silence of the Monkeys is easily accomplished...

Uh oh I sense a letter from PETA heading your way...

Hoser768

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Hoser768

A scream-ectomy can be performed by cutting the seam down the back, just below the neck until you can access and remove the batteries, then sewing back up with needle and thread. I had to do that with one monkey. He would randomly scream while sitting on the TV in the middle of the night with no one around. Had to be done.

Listen to me now, or hear me say "I told you so" later.

kevinleesmith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevinleesmith

The crap in a bag part of the woot- off never showed up??

Sumisu-San

ki4rxm

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ki4rxm

So, what you're saying is that Woot! upped the price and went back to the original version? Hmm.... any chance this could be applied to another product the site sells, maybe just maybe? Like one that people have been complaining about since the switch was made?

And is it just me, or is this monkey listing lasting longer than usual?

duodec

quality posts: 14 Private Messages duodec
snoopyjy wrote:Uh oh I sense a letter from PETA heading your way...

Well if you are squeamish there is always the alternative... the real cause of the monkey screams is inflammation. The cure is readily available at most hardware and drug stores...

Look upon my Avatar, ye whiny, and despair!

mdrcoast

quality posts: 11 Private Messages mdrcoast

Thank you for the Monkeys. You guys really were listening. Would rather pay a little more for the good monkeys than no monkeys at all.

They annoy my wife and kid, any of my family with kids and one even made it to a Senior Citizens home.
priceless.

(Don't worry, they loved it!)

crowbite

quality posts: 3 Private Messages crowbite
quark613 wrote:Pardon my ignorance, but are these actually good toys for children? Or only as collectibles for adults?

Actually, neither.

ceagee

quality posts: 61 Private Messages ceagee

in for 3.
i like the monkeys.
haven't you always wanted a MON Key?
BNL's stuck in my head

bummed on the black t shirt tho.
now 5 min to see if I want something else. bought my stuff tuesday..... sigh.
and what I really was waiting for came up when I left for a few. always the way
eta: that I am so wooted out I forgot they end on ctl time. got a few to shop around.

next time. things always seem to come around again

rlindyb

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rlindyb

So Long, Farewell,and Thanks for All the WOOT!!!

poser55

quality posts: 2 Private Messages poser55

I want the mini-monkey key chains again. My girlfriend's dachshund likes them. The big monkeys are too big for her.

ross389

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ross389

I've been hearing about these woot-offs for years and mainly the Big Ol' Cataclysm After staying awake for almost 3 straight days I can say with full certainty that this will be my first and last. All I wanted was the Big Ol' Cataclysm I did however get a nice watch for the wife.

sweetconcorde

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sweetconcorde

I bought a monkey because I was sick of seeing them... I didn't think this one through.

troller11

quality posts: 7 Private Messages troller11

If Amazon loved Woot, they'd give us khrappola. Remind me to stay offline during the next wootoff unless I need another danged monkey

tsukitensh

Are we sure this is the last woot-off?

lichme

quality posts: 2687 Private Messages lichme

That's it, nothing else here tonite.

ReginaFilangee

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ReginaFilangee
ross389 wrote:I've been hearing about these woot-offs for years and mainly the Big Ol' Cataclysm After staying awake for almost 3 straight days I can say with full certainty that this will be my first and last. All I wanted was the Big Ol' Cataclysm I did however get a nice watch for the wife.

Woot stated very plainly at the beginning of this Woot-off that it would NOT contain a Big Ol' Cataclysm. Why were you still expecting one?

May the Crap be with you all!!!

sf6864

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sf6864

Alas, it was good while it lasted. What made Woot great is dead now. it's just another retail outlet, no more, no less. Worth an occasional visit perhaps, but far removed from what it used to be.

ReginaFilangee

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ReginaFilangee
tsukitensh wrote:Are we sure this is the last woot-off?

It's not the last Woot-off, but it very likely is the last woot or this woot-off.

1. Monday woot-offs generally end on Wednesday evening.
2. A screaming monkey is often (not always, but usually) the final item.
3. These have been up for a good while, with the bar moving verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry slowly. Doubtful they'll sell out before time to revert to regular Wooting in less than an hour. (See #1 again.)

Plus....it SAYS "until midnight" on this woot's page. ;-)

May the Crap be with you all!!!

ildoubleril

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ildoubleril

anyone else watching the 12.12.12 concert?

Double R