twdvorak

quality posts: 2 Private Messages twdvorak
ReginaFilangee wrote:Woot stated very plainly at the beginning of this Woot-off that it would NOT contain a Big Ol' Cataclysm Why were you still expecting one?

It has everything to do with their emphasis on how there WON'T be one...making myself, and probably many, many others believe there was going to be much more than just a shirt; especially after a 3 day goose chase filled with a puzzle. Hell, I still bought on in the rare chance it's still going to be a Box of Christmas gifts, but defiantly not expecting it to be.

ReginaFilangee

quality posts: 9 Private Messages ReginaFilangee
sf6864 wrote:Alas, it was good while it lasted. What made Woot great is dead now. it's just another retail outlet, no more, no less. Worth an occasional visit perhaps, but far removed from what it used to be.

Alas, I must sadly agree. *sigh*

May the Crap be with you all!!!

ReginaFilangee

twdvorak wrote:It has everything to do with their emphasis on how there WON'T be one...making myself, and probably many, many others believe there was going to be much more than just a shirt; especially after a 3 days goose chase filled with a puzzle. Hell, I still bought on in the rare chance it's still going to be a Box of Christmas gifts, but defiantly not expecting it to be.

I think you were overthinking it. But without overthinking, think it through. I think I can predict what they're thinking about doing.

Think so?

twdvorak

quality posts: 2 Private Messages twdvorak
ReginaFilangee wrote:I think you were overthinking it. But without overthinking, think it through. I think I can predict what they're thinking about doing.

Think so?

Now my head hurts.

dwaynetina87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dwaynetina87

any nice girls tonight

CuzzinMerl

quality posts: 24 Private Messages CuzzinMerl

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll

A most dreadful end to a most dreadful day.

I have to admit as much as I have been resisting saying it, I miss the original woot too.

palpacino

quality posts: 1 Private Messages palpacino

When is woot just going to start throwing these into every box like Papa John's does pepperoncini peppers and garlic sauce? I ordered one and it died within 2 weeks. My cat thinks it is a squirrel, though, so that is at least worth something... but not $9 (Shipping and all).

dwaynetina87

charliecarroll

quality posts: 105 Private Messages charliecarroll
CuzzinMerl wrote:

That confirms it. She sings.

ross389

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ross389

They said the puzzle and shirt deal wouldnt end with a Big Ol' Cataclysm . I never saw them say there wouldnt be one at all.

sweetconcorde

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sweetconcorde
dwaynetina87 wrote:nice

Hey guys get a room.

dwaynetina87

sweetconcorde wrote:Hey guys get a room.

sure

ReginaFilangee

twdvorak wrote:Now my head hurts.

Just launch and listen to these soft-spoken monkeys for an hour or two. That should fix your head right up. (It might explode, but at least it won't be hurting anymore.)

shadowflame46

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shadowflame46

Bag o Crap? :,( This is so sad.... I just saw that this woot wouldn't have one...

dwaynetina87

shadowflame46 wrote:Bag o Crap? :,(

ya

dwaynetina87

kinda off the subject eh?

agentxnine

quality posts: 4 Private Messages agentxnine

$8 for a stuffed animal slingshot...I will never understand why people buy this. It's like buying the "that was easy" button from staples. Way to support the company you buy crap from. And now its Amazon, so...wooo! buy those monkeys, they realllly need the support.

Blerg

agentxnine

quality posts: 4 Private Messages agentxnine
agentxnine wrote:$8 for a stuffed animal slingshot...I will never understand why people buy this. It's like buying the "that was easy" button from staples. Way to support the company you buy crap from. And now its Amazon, so...wooo! buy those monkeys, they realllly need the support.

ps I buy tons of crap, no hate on Woot, just the monkey

Blerg

wrb5019

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wrb5019
shadowflame46 wrote:Bag o Crap? :,( This is so sad.... I just saw that this woot wouldn't have one...

Well not now that you've said its name! Way to go shadowflame46. Ruined it for everyone!

CooperDude

quality posts: 10 Private Messages CooperDude
sf6864 wrote:Alas, it was good while it lasted. What made Woot great is dead now. it's just another retail outlet, no more, no less. Worth an occasional visit perhaps, but far removed from what it used to be.

I'm sure many if not most of those previously loyal followers of woot would agree. I know I agree. Woot as we knew it... is sadly a thing of the past. Now we have the new sleek, streamlined, unfun, sterile, corporate, boring version. *sigh*

darktide00

quality posts: 5 Private Messages darktide00

Ugh....

I told you not to bother me while I'm cleaning my Room!

shadowflame46

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shadowflame46
wrb5019 wrote:Well not now that you've said its name! Way to go shadowflame46. Ruined it for everyone!

Sorry :/ haha. Seriously though, why not have one? Apparently I'm not the only one that was expecting it.

SkaJerk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SkaJerk
anago wrote:Goodnight everybody.

Goodnight

bubbaone

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bubbaone

You know we always forget, the it's the impedance that is important. It's always the impedance.

ReginaFilangee

Re: The "Big Ol' Cataclysm....

Am I the only one who preferred when it was called just "random crap" and came up randomly on certain (easy-to-figure-out) dates and a few other times scattered throughout the year??? I liked that sooooo much better than the ones during Woot-offs.

I also like the ones which were made into (NON-facebook and NON-twitter) games that had to be solved in order to find the order link.

I especially liked the one which sold for $1 million, but you had to put the coupon code in (was hinted at quite obviously to anyone who read the product description, but most people didn't "waste" their time to do that and just whined instead.)

mikelally

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mikelally
agentxnine wrote:$8 for a stuffed animal slingshot...I will never understand why people buy this. .

free shipping, duh

bluejester

quality posts: 569 Private Messages bluejester

Okay, for real this time:

No bags of crap in this woot off? It's been who knows how long since spinning lights officially ended it all?

Truly, this is the last woot off of the end of the world. So I guess the "worst woot off ever" crowd will finally be right.

Skanning

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Skanning
msstrickland wrote:It's interesting, Amazon as a website is awesome, Amazon as the overlord of Woot is just terrible.

EXCEPT that now my woots arrive much much quicker :-) Granted they often have an Amazon tape on them but I do appreciate the new timeliness. And, I can still make it thru all the offers fairly quickly. All in all, I don't think it's that bad....different but not terrible. Just my opinion :-P

trbofr13nd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages trbofr13nd

I already bought a chocolate fountain so I didn't mind buying this also. Gotta dip SOMETHING in it!

Sig sig sig sig sig

HughHemington

quality posts: 15 Private Messages HughHemington

Wnen you've got a WOOT! to kill, bring out the monkey!

mikelally

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mikelally

Last wootoff ever

RNLori

quality posts: 6 Private Messages RNLori
ReginaFilangee wrote:Re: The "Big Ol' Cataclysm....

Am I the only one who preferred when it was called just "random crap" and came up randomly on certain (easy-to-figure-out) dates and a few other times scattered throughout the year??? I liked that sooooo much better than the ones during Woot-offs.

I also like the ones which were made into (NON-facebook and NON-twitter) games that had to be solved in order to find the order link.

I especially liked the one which sold for $1 million, but you had to put the coupon code in (was hinted at quite obviously to anyone who read the product description, but most people didn't "waste" their time to do that and just whined instead.

I remember them all.. Also the drinking games during the Woot offs, the crazy discussions, cat photos galore. On top of it, we bought some pretty cool and unusual stuff over the years. If Amazon bought Woot for the business model that had all that uniqueness, they killed every part of it. Even my comment will be deleted..

Someone smart would start a new business, and make it just like Woot. The good Woot, not the cheap Monkey knockoff that no longer resembles anything from the past, other than the crappy customer service we even came to know and love. Crappy customer service and a crappy site just equal crap, without a bag.

sweetconcorde

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sweetconcorde

Maybe a site that just has bags of ...

Jesta384

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Jesta384

So the only way they are doing the bee oh see's is through FB and twitter.....

I dont have a FB. I dont use twitter. I have one, but only so I could sign up for another site.

I've lurked the last 3 woot-offs and nothing appeals to me. Even if something does perk my interest it is quickly established it is not the best deal on the internet.

Woot...Thank you for the beginning. Thank you for perking my interest in wines, and giving me faith in on-line shopping. I mean that. I know my purchases were a drop in the bucket, but everyone is a contributor.

I'm sure there are people in the woot HQ that feel the same way. It's great to see a business grow. I have a few ideas I would love to see in action, trust me! I would love to see them get huge! However there's a difference between walmart and a local place. There's differences between craft brewers and Coors...If you want to pull in more people you have to broaden your scope. You have to flatten the dynamics and expand your range....

Well....a lot of us miss that narrow, no social media driven scope. The come-as-you-are and no holds bared attitude of a woot-off where 5 killer laptops went on sale for cheap, and sold quick, not dumping off the excess from Amazon warehouses.

I wish you luck with the next generation of wooters, for this is now their baby. For me.....I think it's time to retire.

dirtworship

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dirtworship

Amen to that

cmstamm

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cmstamm
benmason wrote:I believe so, I remember reading somewhere that they are only doing it for facebook and twitter.

That just tells me if your not facebook or twitter, you're not an important customer to Woot.

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927
cmstamm wrote:That just tells me if your not facebook or twitter, you're not an important customer to Woot.

If you missed it, you might be interested in staffer Gatzby's post over on the armageddon shirt thread. In short, nothing is written in stone.

------------------
I Bet on Sky

ricka182

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ricka182
anago wrote:So... 3 woot-offs in a row with no Bunch of Cheer = Bunch of Cheer officially gone?

That's how "they" run it now. The Only Bunch of Cheer will probably come through some social media platform... so be social, or be Bunch of Cheer-less.

catgrrl wrote:Do they ever even put up a Bucketful of Curmudgeons during a Wootoff any more? I never see 'em. There are too many Woots to keep track of now. They've diluted their brand something awful.

Remember, when you say "their" brand, you really mean Amazon. Ever since Woot sold out, it has been on the decline. It used to be a niche place on the web, where you could find the occasional really good deal, and have a fun with the Woot-Offs. Now it's another avenue of revenue for Amazon. The company that puts local business out of business, but it's more convenient for the consumer. And with Amazon starting to collect sales tax next year, it will be yet another reason to shop elsewhere. Someday, Walmart, Amazon, Google, and Facebook will run this country, and the rich will get richer, all while claiming to be just like you and me.

...i remain, he who remains to be...

pulsar77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pulsar77
Jesta384 wrote:So the only way they are doing the bee oh see's is through FB and twitter.....

I dont have a FB. I dont use twitter. I have one, but only so I could sign up for another site.

I've lurked the last 3 woot-offs and nothing appeals to me. Even if something does perk my interest it is quickly established it is not the best deal on the internet.

Woot...Thank you for the beginning. Thank you for perking my interest in wines, and giving me faith in on-line shopping. I mean that. I know my purchases were a drop in the bucket, but everyone is a contributor.

I'm sure there are people in the woot HQ that feel the same way. It's great to see a business grow. I have a few ideas I would love to see in action, trust me! I would love to see them get huge! However there's a difference between walmart and a local place. There's differences between craft brewers and Coors...If you want to pull in more people you have to broaden your scope. You have to flatten the dynamics and expand your range....

Well....a lot of us miss that narrow, no social media driven scope. The come-as-you-are and no holds bared attitude of a woot-off where 5 killer laptops went on sale for cheap, and sold quick, not dumping off the excess from Amazon warehouses.

I wish you luck with the next generation of wooters, for this is now their baby. For me.....I think it's time to retire.

Well said.

First wooted in 2005!

I used to stay up half the night and never leave my computer during a Woot Off. Not just for the Bunch of Cheer but the interesting items at ridiculously good prices. I have been turned off by the "new woot" for quite some time but hoped the Woot Off would give me a reason to love Woot once again. Sadly I was disappointed all around.

Remember when Woot Off's were FUN? and there were pages and pages of comments on each item? This one had a pathetic selection and comments in the single digits (not even a whole page). SAD, Pathetic.

As for the next generation of Wooters? Why would there be any? There is nothing unique, fun or quirky about Woot anymore. Not even the prices are that good. No reason to come here ever.

Goodbye.