WootBot


quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Audacious Audio Equipment

Okay, so your mix tape was pretty widely panned by all your friends and family last year. Maybe they just didn't listen to it on the right kind of equipment?



Quality Posts


inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Lots of gadgets and gizmos aplenty! What questions do you have for us?

I'm just hanging out, really.

diggoryvenn


quality posts: 1 Private Messages diggoryvenn
inkycatz wrote:Lots of gadgets and gizmos aplenty! What questions do you have for us?



Any idea if this GPS heart rate monitor/watch is compatible with Strava? What sort of file format does it export?

kchair


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kchair

Have you had a chance to hear the Pyle Pro PSBV200BT 300W Bluetooth Soundbar w/USB/SD/FM & Wireless Remote? Looking for something to use poolside in the summer and let our teen daughter keep in her room for use with her ipod/iphone. Curious about the sound quality.

pbnagel


quality posts: 1 Private Messages pbnagel

The "Pyle Home PLBSK30S Portable Bicycle & Sport Speaker w/8GB Storage" doesn't have any internal
storage as far as I can tell. You might consider changing the title.

PemberDucky


quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

pbnagel wrote:The "Pyle Home PLBSK30S Portable Bicycle & Sport Speaker w/8GB Storage" doesn't have any internal
storage as far as I can tell. You might consider changing the title.



it describes the storage capability.
"supports micro SD cards up to 8GB."


-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

pbnagel


quality posts: 1 Private Messages pbnagel
PemberDucky wrote:it describes the storage capability.
"supports micro SD cards up to 8GB."



The micro SD card is not included, though. To me, the title implies that it is included

kchair


quality posts: 0 Private Messages kchair

Anyone?? (cricket, cricket...)

kchair wrote:Have you had a chance to hear the Pyle Pro PSBV200BT 300W Bluetooth Soundbar w/USB/SD/FM & Wireless Remote? Looking for something to use poolside in the summer and let our teen daughter keep in her room for use with her ipod/iphone. Curious about the sound quality.



cappo


quality posts: 31 Private Messages cappo
PemberDucky wrote:it describes the storage capability.
"supports micro SD cards up to 8GB."



Well... yes, but unless the card comes with the item, it's actually with ZERO GB.

It only supports 8GB.


horn34


quality posts: 0 Private Messages horn34

So many misleading and wrong descriptions. The "HD" projector has a native 800 x 600 resolution, which is not HD. Your HD sources will be downscaled to 540p, which is nice looking, but not true HD.

LucerinRed


quality posts: 0 Private Messages LucerinRed
horn34 wrote:So many misleading and wrong descriptions. The "HD" projector has a native 800 x 600 resolution, which is not HD. Your HD sources will be downscaled to 540p, which is nice looking, but not true HD.



Yeah, came here to rant about this. There are specs for HD. This does not meet them.

peebag


quality posts: 1 Private Messages peebag
kchair wrote:Have you had a chance to hear the Pyle Pro PSBV200BT 300W Bluetooth Soundbar w/USB/SD/FM & Wireless Remote? Looking for something to use poolside in the summer and let our teen daughter keep in her room for use with her ipod/iphone. Curious about the sound quality.




Anybody? Sure like to know how the quality is on this....

NedDawg


quality posts: 34 Private Messages NedDawg

So, the item that looks like your basic, full-size USB turntable is actually a tiny pre-amp that can be used with a turntable? I see why it's on woot.

TheCK


quality posts: 1 Private Messages TheCK

The waterproof iphone case - I have a motorola electrify - will any phone fit in this? I am looking for something sealed to use on the farm so I don't kill it with dust and manure - if any phone iwll fit int he case and not just iphones i'd love one? --CK

--TheCK

pbnagel


quality posts: 1 Private Messages pbnagel
cappo wrote:Well... yes, but unless the card comes with the item, it's actually with ZERO GB.

It only supports 8GB.



They did change the title, finally!

stinhoutx


quality posts: 11 Private Messages stinhoutx

Why does the waterproof iPhone/iPod case title say it is an iPad case?

stinhoutx


quality posts: 11 Private Messages stinhoutx

How does the bicycle/sport speaker have stereo sound, if there is only one speaker?

Why in the picture of the speaker mounted on the bicycle would you face the speaker away from you (other than to access the controls)? Is it so when you are pedaling at cruising speed you are driving "into" the music? ;-)

thesnapper


quality posts: 0 Private Messages thesnapper

At under 4", wouldn't that be a "waterproof Pyle Home PWSIC10 for iPhone or iPod Touch" -- and not "for iPad," as the headline indicates after clicking the item thumbnail?

Specifically, will it work for a 4th generation iPod Touch, a 5th generation iPod Touch or an iPhone 5?

And, seeing as I've been a good Wooter all year, can you just give me two for saving your elves a lot of time and expenses on the inevitable returns such an error would cause?

apbeecher


quality posts: 0 Private Messages apbeecher

I'm looking for an alarm clock/charger for my iPhone 4s and can't find any reviews for the Pyle Home PICL29W - can you?
Thank you!

thechui


quality posts: 0 Private Messages thechui

Pyle is borderline White Van Scam. If you don't know what I'm talking about, go look it up. I'm warning you, it's low quality speakers marketed at well above what they're worth. It's too obvious, look at how they copied, inch by inch, Bose's double cube design... Down to every curve and crease (and I own a lifestyle 28 system, I know). Also, their website looks very sketchy and reliable, professional reviews are all negative.

arb5092


quality posts: 0 Private Messages arb5092

Will the waterproof case work with the iPhone 5?

Anybody?

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 546 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

arb5092 wrote:Will the waterproof case work with the iPhone 5?

Anybody?



I don't see any specific information even on the Pyle site but we do give the inside dimensions on the Specs page:

Inner Dimensions: 2.35" x 5.10" x 0.47"



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

arb5092


quality posts: 0 Private Messages arb5092

Thanks, I saw that. My only question is if those entire inner dimensions are "free space" or if they are including the seams. Is there any way someone can look into this?

shortbus2


quality posts: 3 Private Messages shortbus2
thechui wrote:Pyle is borderline White Van Scam. If you don't know what I'm talking about, go look it up. I'm warning you, it's low quality speakers marketed at well above what they're worth. It's too obvious, look at how they copied, inch by inch, Bose's double cube design... Down to every curve and crease (and I own a lifestyle 28 system, I know). Also, their website looks very sketchy and reliable, professional reviews are all negative.

I don't know if I would call them a Scam. For sure Pyle is not generally considered a high quality brand/product by any means. Their product lines range from absolute junk to mid-grade consumer gear. Usually you get what you pay for so keep that in mind when buying their equipment. I personally have some Pyle Marine speakers and couldn't have been more pleased with their quality especially once price is taken into account.

The rules of Pyle:

1.) Power ratings are way over rated. Generally divide by 4 (sometimes 10) and you are closer to reality.

2.) Pyle products are completely hit and miss on quality levels. Read reviews and look at pictures. It is usually pretty easy to tell which products are complete junk and which are decent.

3.) If it is too good to be true...it is. A 4" amp can't put out 1000W. A 5" speaker does not have a frequency response down to 40Hz.

jamessondag


quality posts: 2 Private Messages jamessondag

Sorry to say it, but the Pyle Ukuleles are useless. Mine won't hold a tune, the strings are terrible, and it showed up with a weird discoloring on it as if they got half way through the varnish job and called it good.

KitKimes


quality posts: 0 Private Messages KitKimes
stinhoutx wrote:How does the bicycle/sport speaker have stereo sound, if there is only one speaker?

Why in the picture of the speaker mounted on the bicycle would you face the speaker away from you (other than to access the controls)? Is it so when you are pedaling at cruising speed you are driving "into" the music? ;-)



I was wondering that too. I guess you could mount it facing you and turn it on before you start. But my real question is how do you control it? Is it random or does it just play all your songs in order? Does it support playlists?

Kit Kimes
Oswego, IL USA

viciousspike


quality posts: 2 Private Messages viciousspike

Wait, nobody's said it yet?
Okay, here it comes:

Pyle? More like Pyle...of crap!
ZING!

Seriously, though. Pyle sucks. Save your monies and get yourself some Bose or something.

paintballove


quality posts: 3 Private Messages paintballove
viciousspike wrote:Wait, nobody's said it yet?
Okay, here it comes:

Pyle? More like Pyle...of crap!
ZING!

Seriously, though. Pyle sucks. Save your monies and get yourself some Bose or something.



>Bose
>Save money

Pick one.

Or just build you own system if you want more than half crappy audio.

digoebpsi


quality posts: 1 Private Messages digoebpsi

Does anyone know the difference between the PYLE Pro PTED01 vs the Pyle Pro PTED05 that is being offered here with the Drumming for Dummies kit? Is it essentially the same unit?

foodpoisoning


quality posts: 1 Private Messages foodpoisoning

anybody know if the 150w 12" sub is worth getting?

themosquito


quality posts: 3 Private Messages themosquito

"PYLE-PRO PPHP123MU 12-Inch 800 Watt Powered Two-Way PA Speaker with MP3/USB/SD/3.5mm Input" review on Amazon are all 4's and 5's

http://www.amazon.com/PYLE-PRO-PPHP123MU-12-Inch-Powered-Two-Way/product-reviews/B0071V3D1O

sumorez


quality posts: 5 Private Messages sumorez

Man, I don't think I've ever seen so many product descriptions wrong.

The Pyle PPHP123MU is listed on Amazon as being 800W and Woot as 1000W. Any idea which is (closer to) true?

mdwyerfoo


quality posts: 22 Private Messages mdwyerfoo

I'm vaguely troubled that the pictures for both PA speakers appear to be 'artists renditions'. Instead of a plug and power switch, they seem to have a picture of a plug and a power switch.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 546 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mdwyerfoo wrote:I'm vaguely troubled that the pictures for both PA speakers appear to be 'artists renditions'. Instead of a plug and power switch, they seem to have a picture of a plug and a power switch.


That's the photos the vendor gave us. I looked on the Pyle site and we're using the same ones they are... at least for the one I checked.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

spike443


quality posts: 0 Private Messages spike443

Really? Bose? Known to be overpriced in comparison to all else in their price range, and nowhere near Pyle's range. At least Pyle will get you more or less what you pay for. If you want real sound for good money, go to a stereo store.

radi0j0hn


quality posts: 93 Private Messages radi0j0hn

My DVD player hasn't even shipped yet!

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

mclout99


quality posts: 0 Private Messages mclout99
pbnagel wrote:The "Pyle Home PLBSK30S Portable Bicycle & Sport Speaker w/8GB Storage" doesn't have any internal
storage as far as I can tell. You might consider changing the title.



It also says 20 watts but is 2.

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 546 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mclout99 wrote:It also says 20 watts but is 2.


Can you help me out here? Where did you get this information? Everything I'm finding says 20 watts. Obviously if there's an error, we'll want to fix it.



Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

toddlaroche


quality posts: 1 Private Messages toddlaroche

Would have been nice if the promotion for the Pyle PHSA5 5.1 Home Theater System with Active Subwoofer stated clearly that you needed a receiver/amplifier to use the set, which is another $150 expense. Thanks Woot for sucking me into a money hole!!

tcbass


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tcbass

Pyle Pro PPHP123MU 12" Pyle Pro PPHP123MU 12" 1000W Powered Two-Way PA Speaker w/MP3/USB/SD/Aux1000W Powered Two-Way PA Speaker w/MP3/USB/SD/Aux
False advertising in the Feature:
"The Line/MIC allows you to hook up the included microphone into the system so everyone can hear you loud and clear"

Where is this "included Microphone"