2%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
KitchenAid 14Pc Cookware Set - 2 Colors
$89.99 + $5 Standard OR $20 Two-Day OR $22 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

me4tj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages me4tj

Ho Ho Ho!

olebelringer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages olebelringer

Sooner or later, most electric stoves will be induction for the advantages of speed and efficiency. Even if you do not have it now it may be wise to choose cookware that is Induction capable. We recently replaced an old electric with induction and donated several items that would not work and purchased new induction capable.

Jayrod521

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Jayrod521

If it were up to me, I'd call it a 10 piece set.

Oh, and the pots have lids.

zener

quality posts: 21 Private Messages zener

I just bought KitchenAid pots and pans at Target for more and didnt get the baking pans so this looks like a bargain. Im happy with the set I just wish I had gotten the cookie sheets and cake pans.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Jayrod521 wrote:If it were up to me, I'd call it a 10 piece set.

Oh, and the pots have lids.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Heard it before. Talk to all the manufacturers that market items by counting the lids as pieces. Get back to me on how that goes.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

muya

quality posts: 4 Private Messages muya

2 day shipping is not available. Will this be delivered by Christmas with the normal $5 delivery?

esper

quality posts: 1 Private Messages esper

Looks like a good deal.

Kohls has the same set for sale $170.99
http://m.kohls.com/product/prd-1230987/kitchenaid-14-pc-cookware-set.jsp

Overstock has a 12 piece version for sale at $129.99
http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/KitchenAid-Porcelain-Red-12-piece-Nonstick-Cookware-Set/5877969/product.html

The red looks sharp. I'm buying a set for the vacation home.

Sarzanini

quality posts: 13 Private Messages Sarzanini

Thinking of getting a set for my 18 year old daughter as a gentle reminder that she will need pots and pans of her own when she moves out. **hint**

ThunderThighs

Staff

muya wrote:2 day shipping is not available. Will this be delivered by Christmas with the normal $5 delivery?

Yes, just look for this tag on the main page.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

muya

quality posts: 4 Private Messages muya
ThunderThighs wrote:Yes, just look for this tag on the main page.

Thank you. I don't see that image on the mobile site.

ThunderThighs

Staff

muya wrote:Thank you. I don't see that image on the mobile site.

Good feedback. Thanks for letting me know. I'll pass that on.

ugomona

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ugomona

Happy wootiversity to me! Holy buckets, can't believe it's been 8 years today that I joined Woot!

My younger sis has this cookware and I've seen her whip up a mean omelet in it, with no sticking. All she uses is a little Pam-type spray. I did ask if she ever put them in the dishwasher, she said no, only handwashing in the sink. (To preserve the life of the coating, I guess.) Me, I have no personal experience, I use Le Creuset enameled cast-iron and have been using and adding pieces for years. I am considering getting this for a newly married niece. Hmmm. Decisions, decisions.

ThunderThighs

Staff

ugomona wrote:Happy wootiversity to me! Holy buckets, can't believe it's been 8 years today that I joined Woot!

wooter117

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wooter117

Considering purchasing, but concerned about 350 being Max baking temp. I often use cookie sheets at higher temp.

ingoldsby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ingoldsby
wooter117 wrote:Considering purchasing, but concerned about 350 being Max baking temp. I often use cookie sheets at higher temp.

I could be wrong, but I believe they are speaking about the pots/pans being put into the oven, not the cooking sheets.

ruskayamafia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ruskayamafia
Sarzanini wrote:Thinking of getting a set for my 18 year old daughter as a gentle reminder that she will need pots and pans of her own when she moves out. **hint**

Looking at this set for that very reason for myself... hahaha

warrenhome

quality posts: 0 Private Messages warrenhome

Aluminum cookware is dangerous and can be toxic. I don't know if the porcelain coating is a good solution, or not... I'd research greatly concerning this before I purchased.

mommacomet

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mommacomet

I have 3 KitchenAid pans and they all STICK!! They are great at first but within a year or so they start sticking.

StanleyS

quality posts: 4 Private Messages StanleyS
warrenhome wrote:Aluminum cookware is dangerous and can be toxic.

Ummm...no.
http://www.snopes.com/movies/actors/valentino.asp

lmensor

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lmensor

I've had this set in red for years (though without the baking pieces) and I love it. I've had no problems with anything sticking. The fact that you can't put it in the dishwasher is not a problem because it cleans very easily, you practically just wipe it clean because of the non-stick and I've never even had to use any type of spray or oil.

lmensor

quality posts: 6 Private Messages lmensor
mommacomet wrote:I have 3 KitchenAid pans and they all STICK!! They are great at first but within a year or so they start sticking.

I have a griddle pan that sticks, but it's because my DH ruined it one day while washing it by scrubbing it with a scrub pad. All my other KA pieces have remained non-stick since after that he was no longer allowed to touch anything in the kitchen that was RED

klandon61

quality posts: 13 Private Messages klandon61

Have owned this set in red (minus the bakeware) for a few years now. Has held up well and I don't baby my cookware. Use the pans several times a week and the non-stick surface has little to no wear. Bought mine on clearance at Sam's for about $60 - this Woot is a good deal.

As to non-stick, haven't found any pan that truly works. Just use a very light coating of oil - adds no calories.

charliecarroll

quality posts: 104 Private Messages charliecarroll
StanleyS wrote:Ummm...no.
http://www.snopes.com/movies/actors/valentino.asp

good and informative counter-post. I had heard the rumor before so the snopes report helps get that out of the way.

aaronf

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aaronf
zener wrote:I just bought KitchenAid pots and pans at Target for more and didnt get the baking pans so this looks like a bargain. Im happy with the set I just wish I had gotten the cookie sheets and cake pans.

I bought this set a few years ago from Target (did not include the cookie sheets either) and have had no problems with it.

I almost wonder if these were intended for Target - notice the Target 'red' color...

shimsham

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shimsham

I used to have a similar KitchenAid cookware set and I hated it. The pots are too thin meaning that they don't retain heat well. This makes it harder to cook food evenly.

I also had a sauce pan severely deform after dropping it from a height of ~3 ft onto a wood laminate floor.

I went back to T-Fal.

jmcachran

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jmcachran

I still contend cookie sheets should not have a lip on them, and I bake a lot of cookies.

shimsham

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shimsham
jmcachran wrote:I still contend cookie sheets should not have a lip on them, and I bake a lot of cookies.

Yep. That's a jelly roll pan, not a cookie sheet.

Stupoopy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Stupoopy
jmcachran wrote:I still contend cookie sheets should not have a lip on them, and I bake a lot of cookies.

In a strict definitional sense, I agree with you, however in a practical sense, a lip is fine in my book (although arguably it can crowd the pan a bit). Overall, I find the jelly-roll pans tend to be more multi-functional than a cookie sheet.

Anyway, you are technically correct, which is the best type of correct.

MrsW2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MrsW2
esper wrote:Looks like a good deal.

Kohls has the same set for sale $170.99
http://m.kohls.com/product/prd-1230987/kitchenaid-14-pc-cookware-set.jsp

Overstock has a 12 piece version for sale at $129.99
http://www.overstock.com/Home-Garden/KitchenAid-Porcelain-Red-12-piece-Nonstick-Cookware-Set/5877969/product.html

The red looks sharp. I'm buying a set for the vacation home.

That Overstock set isn't the same - the handles are different

Jlajb

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Jlajb

I'm happy with my set. Still holding up after 3 years of everyday use. The no stick surface makes cleaning a snap, but I'd really like them better if they would clean the kitchen and put away the groceries for me.

linthead76

quality posts: 0 Private Messages linthead76

Large Handle and a small Skillet is sometimes a problem. Will the 8.5" Skillet sit flat on a burner when it is emtpy. I have a set of pans at home where the small skillet will tip up if it is empty. I have to prop something under the handle if frying 1 or 2 eggs.

KimNicole

quality posts: 3 Private Messages KimNicole
Stupoopy wrote:Anyway, you are technically correct, which is the best type of correct.

A thousand internets to you!

tcgibs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tcgibs

How long is standard shipping?? If I order this today 12/14, will I get it before Christmas?

dernst_ca1

quality posts: 37 Private Messages dernst_ca1

All of the reviews I am reading about this product indicate that they are NOT dishwasher safe... Not good since I purchased under the pretense that these were dishwasher safe..

Hope woot catches my email before shipping this out..

-JMHSRV

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

justkissmybass

quality posts: 3 Private Messages justkissmybass
tcgibs wrote:How long is standard shipping?? If I order this today 12/14, will I get it before Christmas?

See the handy-dandy tag on the page (though the mobile site is apparently missing this):

mikem53

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mikem53

Can you really afford to buy a cheap set of cookware? Ask yourself why these are so cheap? I would be concerned about the coatings coming off in your food.. or whatever toxic adhesives are used to make these..
Its a shame that kitchenaid uses Chinese made low quality products in their lower lines.. they used to be a name for quality... now its just cheaply made products with an attractive price tag... best to spend more on safe quality items that will last a lifetime and be cheaper to own in the long run...

shimsham wrote:I used to have a similar KitchenAid cookware set and I hated it. The pots are too thin meaning that they don't retain heat well. This makes it harder to cook food evenly.

I also had a sauce pan severely deform after dropping it from a height of ~3 ft onto a wood laminate floor.

I went back to T-Fal.

kensmith10

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kensmith10
dernst_ca1 wrote:All of the reviews I am reading about this product indicate that they are NOT dishwasher safe... Not good since I purchased under the pretense that these were dishwasher safe..

Hope woot catches my email before shipping this out..

We have had these exact pots and pans for about 5 years. They always go in the dishwasher, and still are in great shape! Excellent product.

Kenneth C. Smith

davejostef

quality posts: 1 Private Messages davejostef
ugomona wrote:Happy wootiversity to me! Holy buckets, can't believe it's been 8 years today that I joined Woot!

My younger sis has this cookware and I've seen her whip up a mean omelet in it, with no sticking. All she uses is a little Pam-type spray. I did ask if she ever put them in the dishwasher, she said no, only handwashing in the sink. (To preserve the life of the coating, I guess.) Me, I have no personal experience, I use Le Creuset enameled cast-iron and have been using and adding pieces for years. I am considering getting this for a newly married niece. Hmmm. Decisions, decisions.

The LAST thing she should do is use Pam on a nonstick surface. It eventually builds us and ruins the surface. Only REAL oil should be used. Learned this the hard way! :-(