WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Mikasa Countryside Serving Pieces

So, your girlfriend's rich Mononopoly Man of an uncle is coming over for Christmas Dinner. Better impress him with your fanciest silver if you want one of his railroads after he dies in a tragic Boardwalk accident.
Mikasa official site

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Which fancy serving piece would be best to add to your collection?

I'm just hanging out, really.

DaZoneRanger

quality posts: 44 Private Messages DaZoneRanger

Asparagus server? Really? They have a specific utensil for serving asparagus? Ha!

anthgothlz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages anthgothlz

How do I know if any of these things would get here before the 21st?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 167 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

anthgothlz wrote:How do I know if any of these things would get here before the 21st?

This is the tag you'll see on products designed to arrive for the holidays.

For Woot Plus items, we would always advise picking upgraded shipping to be absolutely certain. Generally these holiday tags won't be found on Plus items because the sale tends to run several days and what may be true for buyers on Friday may not be true for people waiting to buy on Monday or
Tuesday when the sale ends.

Sincerely,
Forum Moderator

meanjoeira

quality posts: 4 Private Messages meanjoeira

I never knew I needed an Asparagus server until right now.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

meanjoeira wrote:I never knew I needed an Asparagus server until right now.

HURRY! Buy 3! You don't want to be caught without one.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

anthgothlz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages anthgothlz

It's getting pretty frustrating shopping on Woot.

Bought a meat variety gift pack a couple of weeks back, but after eleven days of not being shipped, I had to cancel it because nobody could tell me when it would actually get put into a box and mailed to me.

Today I bought several of these Mikasa pieces and had to get two day shipping on each one. No big deal except when I got my email confirmations it looked as though one of them had been tagged to go out regular shipping instead.

I asked customer service if they could change it to two day, which I had selected the first time, so I know it would get here on time. They couldn't, so they had to cancel it and I was asked to order it again.

Now, eight hours after my initial order, when I try to get that item, it's telling me there is no two day shipping available. There's no ONE day shipping available, either! What's going on?

Getting several of these pieces is the idea since they're now kind of a "set", but now I'll have part of a set as a gift and the last piece will get here... when?

This is the worst part about Woot - not being able to put several items FROM THE SAME Woot into one bundle to purchase all AT ONCE. It would make much more sense, take less time and, obviously, prevent situations like this one.
Even if it's not "$5 shipping" it could have been ten or fifteen (or $20) and it still would have been worth my while to do it. It was $9/ piece to get them all by Wednesday - still a good deal. But if I can't get all the pieces together before Xmas, I have to think about returning the other two and doing my shopping elsewhere.

Ironically, I think Woot is now owned by Amazon, right? Amazon has stellar shipping capabilities and they tell me right when I buy when something is going to get to my door.

Seriously, Woot, you can do all of the "$5 all you can ship" stuff and even charge me reasonable rates for two-day, but if your ordering process isn't streamlined, more predictable and more reliable, then it's just a gimmick and nothing more.

I haven't Wooted in a long time, but there were lots of cool Woots this season and I wanted some. I've already returned $37 worth of product already and I'm considering cancelling another $80+ because I can't tell what's going on over there!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Sorry for the problems with shipping. Often the items with expeditied shipping are coming out of FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon). Our order system checks with FBA immediately to see if they can fill the order with the requested expedited shipping. If not, you'll get a message that it's not available. Sorry for the inconvenience and frustration you encountered with this order.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

mikegallin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikegallin
anthgothlz wrote:It's getting pretty frustrating shopping on Woot.

Bought a meat variety gift pack a couple of weeks back, but after eleven days of not being shipped, I had to cancel it because nobody could tell me when it would actually get put into a box and mailed to me.

Today I bought several of these Mikasa pieces and had to get two day shipping on each one. No big deal except when I got my email confirmations it looked as though one of them had been tagged to go out regular shipping instead.

I asked customer service if they could change it to two day, which I had selected the first time, so I know it would get here on time. They couldn't, so they had to cancel it and I was asked to order it again.

Now, eight hours after my initial order, when I try to get that item, it's telling me there is no two day shipping available. There's no ONE day shipping available, either! What's going on?

Getting several of these pieces is the idea since they're now kind of a "set", but now I'll have part of a set as a gift and the last piece will get here... when?

This is the worst part about Woot - not being able to put several items FROM THE SAME Woot into one bundle to purchase all AT ONCE. It would make much more sense, take less time and, obviously, prevent situations like this one.
Even if it's not "$5 shipping" it could have been ten or fifteen (or $20) and it still would have been worth my while to do it. It was $9/ piece to get them all by Wednesday - still a good deal. But if I can't get all the pieces together before Xmas, I have to think about returning the other two and doing my shopping elsewhere.

Ironically, I think Woot is now owned by Amazon, right? Amazon has stellar shipping capabilities and they tell me right when I buy when something is going to get to my door.

Seriously, Woot, you can do all of the "$5 all you can ship" stuff and even charge me reasonable rates for two-day, but if your ordering process isn't streamlined, more predictable and more reliable, then it's just a gimmick and nothing more.

I haven't Wooted in a long time, but there were lots of cool Woots this season and I wanted some. I've already returned $37 worth of product already and I'm considering cancelling another $80+ because I can't tell what's going on over there!

I TOTALLY AGREE - The Woot ordering and shipping setup is PATHETIC. It's rediculous that we cant order several items in the same order and are forced to get a zillion nitnoid charges, one for each and every stupid item, plus the WASTE of shipping everything in as separate shipments is ENVIRONMENTAL DISGRACE with all the wasted paper, fuel and packing materials. WOOT SHAME SHAME SHAME. Grow up PLEASE!

MarktoYou

mikegallin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikegallin
ThunderThighs wrote:Sorry for the problems with shipping. Often the items with expeditied shipping are coming out of FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon). Our order system checks with FBA immediately to see if they can fill the order with the requested expedited shipping. If not, you'll get a message that it's not available. Sorry for the inconvenience and frustration you encountered with this order.

So why don't you guys and gals change things so several items can be in one order/charge and why don't you have a more functional and informative tracking system? How come you won't provide useful info on what to expect on shipping timelines? I get emails from WOOT informing me that an item was shipped out several days after I already RECEIVED THE ITEM... That is not helpful but it is the opposite of helpful because it creates confusion. ???

MarktoYou

gotchagomo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gotchagomo

Just received this item...and I'm not liking it. The quality is not there. The ceramic ring of "flowers" at the top of the handle, which is supposed to be like the ring on Italian Countryside, is so poorly done, I can't even tell what it is. It definitely cannot stand up to daily use--the metal part of the spoon does not look very securely attached to the ceramic handle. The slightly off-white color is correct, though. I bought several pieces and am considering returning the lot.