WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

McKlein Laptop Bags

For a long time, I saw McKlein laptop bags as repressive. I thought I was keeping my computer behind "the leather curtain." But then I tried carrying it around just under my arm, and it was a real pain. Thank you, McKlein, for helping me see the error in my ways.
McKlein official site

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Laptop bags are great, because no one has to debate Mac vs. PC! Can you find us some reviews on these styles?

I'm just hanging out, really.

swrigh12

quality posts: 9 Private Messages swrigh12

Hi Woot Staff,

The sale looks great! I just wanted to quickly bring to your attention that the links to the McKleinUSA official site doesn't take you to our official site, it actually goes directly to the Adidas homepage. Just thought I'd mention that, and we hope you enjoy the snow!

Thank you!

Rep at McKlein Company LLC

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 93 Private Messages radi0j0hn

It's amazing how much money I've saved on bags by having two white cats. Black ballistic nylon is banned (can't get the fur off it) and almost anything other than natural canvas is out as well.

But also in my pre-white cat days I found that leather bags weighed almost as much as what I was putting in them. Thoughts?

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
swrigh12 wrote:Hi Woot Staff,

The sale looks great! I just wanted to quickly bring to your attention that the links to the McKleinUSA official site doesn't take you to our official site, it actually goes directly to the Adidas homepage. Just thought I'd mention that, and we hope you enjoy the snow!

Thank you!

Well whups, we'll get that fixed up.

I'm just hanging out, really.

funkemaster

quality posts: 3 Private Messages funkemaster

How wide can your laptop be? Is the 15.4 in actual width or a 15" screen. My laptop is 15" wide. will it fit?

woot or woot not there is no try

gatorbecky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gatorbecky

Ooo only standard shipping? Will it get here by Christmas? (Delaware?)

rpotoff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rpotoff

Is there any difference between the Halsted and Scottsdale, other than the different designs of the buckles and flaps?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

gatorbecky wrote:Ooo only standard shipping? Will it get here by Christmas? (Delaware?)

Due to the variety of items and the length of the sales, we're unable to commit to Christmas shipping on the Plus deals unless they have expedited shipping.

That said, it's possible it could make it but only if you order soon.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

lboban

quality posts: 12 Private Messages lboban

I actually own this bag (in red). It's gone on the road with me every week for more than 3 years. The leather is still as shiny and pretty as the day I got it - despite lots of abuse.
I have a 15in laptop that fits with room to spare. Lots of extra space for books, etc. Highly recommend.

swrigh12

funkemaster wrote:How wide can your laptop be? Is the 15.4 in actual width or a 15" screen. My laptop is 15" wide. will it fit?

Hello,

Our laptop bag can definitely fit your laptop. Sorry for the late response, and please let me know if you have any additional queations or concern.

Thanks,

swrigh12

rpotoff wrote:Is there any difference between the Halsted and Scottsdale, other than the different designs of the buckles and flaps?

Hello,

The difference isn't huge but there is just on extra compartment with the Scottsdale. Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concern.

Thank you,

swrigh12

lboban wrote:I actually own this bag (in red). It's gone on the road with me every week for more than 3 years. The leather is still as shiny and pretty as the day I got it - despite lots of abuse.
I have a 15in laptop that fits with room to spare. Lots of extra space for books, etc. Highly recommend.

Hello,

Thanks for the wonderful review and we hope you continue to have a wonderful experience. Please let me know if there's anything else we can do to make your experience better!

Thanks,

mikegallin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikegallin

I have two questions for the McKlein Rep and anyone else"
1. McKlein site says warranty is Limited Lifetime and it says one year on Woot. Is the Woot info wrong or ?
2. McKlein site says all bags are made with the same leather, but the individual descriptions indicate oil dyed, pebble grained, calfskin, etc. What is the difference between the different leathers that are offered on Woot? I'm leaning toward the oil dyed in brown or black Halsted but the 80334 and 8033C appears in two categories of McKleinUSA, one has a year and the other is the lifetime. Whats the difference between these bags and why the difference in warranty?

MarktoYou

swrigh12

mikegallin wrote:I have two questions for the McKlein Rep and anyone else"
1. McKlein site says warranty is Limited Lifetime and it says one year on Woot. Is the Woot info wrong or ?
2. McKlein site says all bags are made with the same leather, but the individual descriptions indicate oil dyed, pebble grained, calfskin, etc. What is the difference between the different leathers that are offered on Woot? I'm leaning toward the oil dyed in brown or black Halsted but the 80334 and 8033C appears in two categories of McKleinUSA, one has a year and the other is the lifetime. Whats the difference between these bags and why the difference in warranty?

Hi,

Thanks for your question! The woot site is correct, one year Limited Warranty and the same goes for our site, everything is correctly identified. Also, each bag is made differently, some materials are different than others and we specify that on our site, always. Hope this helps, thanks and please let me know if you'll be needing any additional information. Thanks!

shorttom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shorttom
swrigh12 wrote:[quote postid="5284262" user="mikegallin"]I have two questions for the McKlein Rep and anyone else"

Hi,

Thanks for your question! The woot site is correct, one year Limited Warranty and the same goes for our site, everything is correctly identified. Also, each bag is made differently, some materials are different than others and we specify that on our site, always. Hope this helps, thanks and please let me know if you'll be needing any additional information. Thanks!

Ok, so please explain the warranty issue a bit more. The McKlein site says the Scottsdale 86855C for instance has a lifetime warranty, but Woot lists "One Year McKlein Warranty". Is this because the bags are refurbished or something?

shorttom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shorttom

BTW, here's a listing on Amazon for the Walton (not sold on Woot) with awesome reviews:
http://www.amazon.com/McKleinUSA-WALTON-83985-Expandable-Compartment/dp/B000GHIBC6

Just to get a general feel of the quality. Looks solid.

swrigh12

shorttom wrote:Ok, so please explain the warranty issue a bit more. The McKlein site says the Scottsdale 86855C for instance has a lifetime warranty, but Woot lists "One Year McKlein Warranty". Is this because the bags are refurbished or something?

Hi,

The bags are not refurbished, this could just be due to a discrepancy on our end. We truly apologize about that, please note that it is 1 year McKlein Warranty. Please let me know if there's anything else I can do to assist you.

Thank you,

Slacktron

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Slacktron

I'd love to find a few more pictures (or videos) of these bags open. The buckles in particular seem odd -- they're belt/buckle, but then when open look like turn-buttons or some other clasp. Are there two?

Is there any additional interior closure? Some of them look like a simple fold-over top flap. My bags tumble often in the car, and these have a tendency to 'leak' when turned upside-down. Looking for full closure.

mikegallin

swrigh12 wrote:Hi,

The bags are not refurbished, this could just be due to a discrepancy on our end. We truly apologize about that, please note that it is 1 year McKlein Warranty. Please let me know if there's anything else I can do to assist you.

Thank you,

Hello Rep at McKlein@!

I'm afraid that I'm going to miss this sale while I'm waiting for you to answer my questions!l Too bad, either you are not really thinking today or don't want to take the time to actually look at your site to see what the discrepancy is, or dont want to divulge why some of your products carry lifetime and others only a one year warranty, and all the
ones on Woot are the one year. Also you put no effort into describing the difference between the leathers used on the couple of bags that are included in today's woot. I find no information on your site to answer my questions and the pics are not any real help in getting a sense of the leather. A little effort to answer my questions would be appreciated!

MarktoYou

mikegallin

Slacktron wrote:I'd love to find a few more pictures (or videos) of these bags open. The buckles in particular seem odd -- they're belt/buckle, but then when open look like turn-buttons or some other clasp. Are there two?

Is there any additional interior closure? Some of them look like a simple fold-over top flap. My bags tumble often in the car, and these have a tendency to 'leak' when turned upside-down. Looking for full closure.

I agree with you, all the posted pics I can find SUCK! Seems like these folks have a quality product at a great price but do such a lousy job with marketing that it's hard to get enough info to make an informed buying decision...

MarktoYou

jlnokc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jlnokc

Well this sale just degenerated down to bloody mess...lol.

highonpez

quality posts: 7 Private Messages highonpez

Halstead info. The black is a little cheaper (with prime), the tan about the same. Hmmm.

mikegallin

OK Now I'm convinced this WOOT is a dihonest and fraud-ridden illegal advertising sham.

I'm honestly shocked there isn't some response to my questions, directly asked and directly ignored, by both WOOT and the McKlein Reps. The McKlein bags are not made of all-leather, but instead made of partial plastic and partial leather. The postings here have fraudulant information about these bags. When I asked repeatedly about the materials, I was ignored repeatedly. What is the deal?

MarktoYou

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mikegallin wrote:OK Now I'm convinced this WOOT is a dihonest and fraud-ridden illegal advertising sham.

I'm honestly shocked there isn't some response to my questions, directly asked and directly ignored, by both WOOT and the McKlein Reps. The McKlein bags are not made of all-leather, but instead made of partial plastic and partial leather. The postings here have fraudulant information about these bags. When I asked repeatedly about the materials, I was ignored repeatedly. What is the deal?

I've looked over this thread and I see that the rep did answer your question. Here. I'm sure any further lack of posting is because they are not in the forum presently.

However, looking at your post, I see on the McKleinUSA site that:

• 8033C is used to link to both 80334C (brown) and 80335C (black).

• Both have a one year warranty listed there and here. This is explained on their site: McKlein products are covered by a limited lifetime warranty, excluding the P,C and L Series, which is covered by an one year warranty. These two bags are C series.

If you want to know more about leather types and treatments, you can probably find some info on Google. The terms you mentioned are fairly typical terms for leather products.

Lastly, we are extremely lucky on Woot to have vendors periodically visit our forums to answer questions. I'd like to ask that you treat them with respect and appreciate this extra benefit when we are able to get it.

Thank you.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

lboban

quality posts: 12 Private Messages lboban
mikegallin wrote:OK Now I'm convinced this WOOT is a dihonest and fraud-ridden illegal advertising sham.

Slow down there...I am NOT a shill for anyone. Been on WOOT for 7 years! I genuinely OWN the wheeled red laptop case. It's sitting next to me right now. I didn't buy it on WOOT so I paid nearly 50% more than this offering. It's a quality case that I'm extremely pleased with, and I shared that experience in this forum.

You, sir, are a cad and a little bit mean!

bito

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bito

I bought the Scottsdale from a different Woot sale as a gift to my husband. There is a tuck catch lock under each strap buckle, attaching it to the case. I think smaller loose objects like pens and key rings with only a few keys would fall out pretty easily if it rolled, but those items could be placed in one of the zippered pockets. The padding in the center of the shoulder strap is somewhat thin but quite cushy. My husband says that the bag rests comfortably on his shoulder when full. The exterior appears to be durable and of reasonable quality. I could not tell you right now whether it is 100% leather.

Linuxbaby03

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Linuxbaby03

Not sure on the quality of these bags... I just received mine in the mail from the last time they were offered and am so far very disappointed with how the bag presents. The leather feels artificial and the overall appearance of the bag (straight from its packaging) looks cheap. Perhaps I am missing something, but I would not recommend buying the Scottsdale 15" if you're looking for a professional bag.

swrigh12

Slacktron wrote:I'd love to find a few more pictures (or videos) of these bags open. The buckles in particular seem odd -- they're belt/buckle, but then when open look like turn-buttons or some other clasp. Are there two?

Hello,

Thanks for your comment! If you'd like to see additional images for a particular item, please revert to the mckleinusa.com website and additional images will be readily available.

Thank you!

swrigh12

mikegallin wrote:Hello Rep at McKlein@!

I'm afraid that I'm going to miss this sale while I'm waiting for you to answer my questions!l Too bad, either you are not really thinking today or don't want to take the time to actually look at your site to see what the discrepancy is, or dont want to divulge why some of your products carry lifetime and others only a one year warranty, and all the
ones on Woot are the one year. Also you put no effort into describing the difference between the leathers used on the couple of bags that are included in today's woot. I find no information on your site to answer my questions and the pics are not any real help in getting a sense of the leather. A little effort to answer my questions would be appreciated!

Hello,

I'm sorry for the delayed response! We carry many diffferent lines of items. The current sale on woot.com is carrying our Limited Edition items, and with that being said- the warranty differs and that is the only answer I can give you. The reason why? I cannot answer, but please understand that Limited Edition items are only around for a certain period of time, and will not come back on they are eradicated out of our inventory.

Thank You,

swrigh12

mikegallin wrote:I agree with you, all the posted pics I can find SUCK! Seems like these folks have a quality product at a great price but do such a lousy job with marketing that it's hard to get enough info to make an informed buying decision...

Hello,

Have you checked our mckleinusa.com website for additional images on the product of your interest?

Thanks,

swrigh12

Hello,

I really apologize for the delayed response, and also note that it was not intentional. Our items are the material that we claim them to be, if we list them to be a certain material then that is exactly what it is. Thanks for understanding and have a wonderful day.

Thank you,

swrigh12

bito wrote:I bought the Scottsdale from a different Woot sale as a gift to my husband. There is a tuck catch lock under each strap buckle, attaching it to the case. I think smaller loose objects like pens and key rings with only a few keys would fall out pretty easily if it rolled, but those items could be placed in one of the zippered pockets. The padding in the center of the shoulder strap is somewhat thin but quite cushy. My husband says that the bag rests comfortably on his shoulder when full. The exterior appears to be durable and of reasonable quality. I could not tell you right now whether it is 100% leather.

Hello,

Thanks for your comment and please let us know if there's anything else we can do to make your experience better!

Thank you,

vicemagnet

quality posts: 5 Private Messages vicemagnet

The three pics I find of the two rolling models don't show much. I can see that the wheels are riveted in place. I have owned an Ogio and currently have a Kensington Contour rolling bag. In both cases I am not fond of the single pole design on the handle; however, the storage space on the back side of the Kensington is desirable. I also like that I can replace the wheels as the need arises. A colleague owns a Wenger because it comes with a dual shaft handle like the McKlein.

inaneframe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages inaneframe

I would get one of these if not for already having one and loving it. I bought mine for the features without knowing anything about the McKlein brand beforehand.

I've had it now for just over a year. As I said I bought it for the features, I'm keeping it as my regular bag (a feat, let me tell you, I have a pile of various brand and style laptop bags in the closet) for its durability, ease of use, utility, and overall design, not to mention the spot on aesthetic touches. I'd never thought I could look professional with a backpack, but it manages to do just that.

I say all this because I'm very abusive with my bags and this thing has held up far beyond what I ever expected. Books, laptop, tablet, mp3 player, gadgets, thumbdrives, hard drives, equipment, g2 pens, and all. It comes with more pockets than I've found uses for and everything is very much accessible even after stuffing it to the brim. I do not have to take everything out in order to get at what I need. This is indicative of a well thought out design.

I've yet to see a thread hang off the bag proper, or even any obvious or visible threads exposed to be frayed. The straps are the exception to the exposed thread rule but they are very heavy duty, stitching is doubled or tripled up. The junction between the leather/padding portion of the strap to the nylon belt webbing material (the type they use for seat belts) is accompanied by heavy rubberized bracing with firm stitching all around. The buckles and clasps are all metal and seem sturdy enough, the clasps (the ones which hook the shoulder straps to the bag proper) are seated so as to allow rotation. This may seem like a small thing but what it amounts to is never having to worry about the straps twisting around in opposite directions or bungling up on the shoulder. I should also note here that I'm a man of fairly generous proportions (3xl tall shirts) and the straps could accommodate a man even larger than me with ease.

Every single zipper has two zipperheads meeting in the middle. This is important as I always hate having to reach to the very edge of the zipper channel to access a pocket, two meeting in the middle means I can access a pocket without looking at the bag or bending over too much.

Before this bag, I had never had anyone ever comment on any bag I've owned. I've gotten tons of compliments with this guy. It's sharp, clean, stays new and fresh looking. Canvas bags I've owned would get grimy and acquire a brown tint so it was never quite as blue or green as when it was new. Black leather on my bag stays black leather, clean and crisp looking, no grime, no browning. I expect the same would be true of other colors of leather in these product.

Anyway, if anyone from McKlein is reading this, thanks for a great product!

(FYI: I own the "McKlein USA Lincoln Park Leather 15.4 Convertible Laptop Backpack")

I might just buy one of these as a backup or for my wife.