WootBot

quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

TechnoMarine Watches

You think the Techno Viking is cool?! You're going to love TechnoMarine watches! And if you don't know what a Techno Viking is, you still might like these TechnoMarine watches!
TechnoMarine official site

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

What's your style? How do these compare to other brands?

I'm just hanging out, really.

ssratracer

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ssratracer

Liking the orange Cruise. The extra straps & case covers make it a good deal compared to others. Citizen Miyota FS20 movement is solid performer.

jokofoto

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jokofoto

Pretty sure the 110008L Monochrome has a mineral crystal and not AR sapphire.

Edit: Maybe not...the 110008 definitely is mineral. Maybe AR sapphire is a feature of the L version.

flukr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flukr

If i buy one of these and don't like the way it fits etc... when i recieve it. can i return it for a refund?

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927
flukr wrote:If i buy one of these and don't like the way it fits etc... when i recieve it. can i return it for a refund?

Nope, unfortunately. Check out this portion of the FAQ. The no-return policy kills the deals on shoes/coats/etc. for me; I don't want to risk buying something that I'll be stuck with if it doesn't fit right.

------------------
I Bet on Sky

wellIamJake

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wellIamJake

Love the techno viking.

Jake

idrivea911

quality posts: 4 Private Messages idrivea911
inkycatz wrote:What's your style? How do these compare to other brands?

Personally I love my Swatch Irony in orange/blue. Though it's not a diver's watch. But if you are looking for style, I think it looks better and costs $100 less.

I also don't care for rubber or silicone bands because they make my wrist sweat and get itchy. I guess there are not many options beyond stainless and rubber for diving watches, but for $200+ I'd want stainless.

whiskyecho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whiskyecho

Overpriced, should be about $30.00. Has a quartz movement and a mineral crystal. Come on - get a Timex. For less than $100.00 you can have a Seiko automatic. Don't fall for the hype-check out the orange monster.

skrutinizr

quality posts: 8 Private Messages skrutinizr
whiskyecho wrote:Overpriced, should be about $30.00. Has a quartz movement and a mineral crystal. Come on - get a Timex. For less than $100.00 you can have a Seiko automatic. Don't fall for the hype-check out the orange monster.

This.

opiates

quality posts: 0 Private Messages opiates
skrutinizr wrote:This.

So hard.

ararat3000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ararat3000

Check this before buying:

http://reviews.ebay.com/quot-Swiss-Made-quot-Watches?ugid=10000000018558552

riffrafff

quality posts: 2 Private Messages riffrafff
whiskyecho wrote:Overpriced, should be about $30.00. Has a quartz movement and a mineral crystal. Come on - get a Timex. For less than $100.00 you can have a Seiko automatic. Don't fall for the hype-check out the orange monster.

Indeed.

nbs2

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nbs2
jokofoto wrote:Pretty sure the 110008L Monochrome has a mineral crystal and not AR sapphire.

Edit: Maybe not...the 110008 definitely is mineral. Maybe AR sapphire is a feature of the L version.

Took a look at their website - it took a while, since it is really badly done. Lots of pretension and little easy to access information.

They say that the 110008L is sapphire.

http://shop.technomarine.com/#/products/sheet?id=235

bpr2

quality posts: 182 Private Messages bpr2

Apparently woot is shipping the other watch side sale items via USPS. Lets hope that all these expensive watches are going to make it in one piece, or even at all!

that was fun while it lasted!

basm4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages basm4

i dont know how anyone could spend >50 bucks on a piece of jewelry/accessory that they didn't first pick up, touch, feel, and look at with their own eyes...

skrutinizr

quality posts: 8 Private Messages skrutinizr
riffrafff wrote:Indeed.

Why didn't someone comment on your agreement like they did mine? Hmmm... discrimination? I dunno.

I don't understand why people assume because it's overpriced, it must somehow be a "brand name" worthy of a higher price than Timex etc. This brand seems to be made up just to make $60 watches seem as if they should cost a lot more.

escandito

quality posts: 0 Private Messages escandito

Hey, I´m new to woot, I´d really like to purchse this watch as gift. Is there anyway to find another unit?

Thanks.

thumpinc

quality posts: 2 Private Messages thumpinc

I bought one of these for my wife in rose gold and diamonds. Seemed like a deal for $700. Didn't turn out that way when it stopped ticking exactly fourteen months after we got it - and the warranty is 12 months on these 'fine timepieces.' It will now cost me $100 just to get the company to tell me how much it will cost to fix. A local watchmaker quoted $300 to get it back up and running. Save your money, or invest it in a Rolex or Tag or something known to last.

sheetalj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sheetalj

I bought the 110008L as a gift for a male friend and when I received the shipment was shocked to see the label on the TechnoMarine box listing this watch as women's watch! Here is the link to it - http://shop.technomarine.com/#/products/sheet?id=235.

The Woot listing was incorrect as it listed this watch as men's watch and now I need to deal with the return.

cuebbie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cuebbie
escandito wrote:Hey, I´m new to woot, I´d really like to purchse this watch as gift. Is there anyway to find another unit?

Thanks.

Go ahead, it's a great watch. I bought as a gift and he loved it! I have several ladies Techno from $250 to $3000 all I can tell you it's an awesome deal!

cuebbie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cuebbie
sheetalj wrote:I bought the 110008L as a gift for a male friend and when I received the shipment was shocked to see the label on the TechnoMarine box listing this watch as women's watch! Here is the link to it - http://shop.technomarine.com/#/products/sheet?id=235.

The Woot listing was incorrect as it listed this watch as men's watch and now I need to deal with the return.

Most Techno watches are unisex! I advice you to keep it and enjoy! I bought it as a gift for a male, it's a great Watch, and what a deal!