3%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Lock & Lock 36-Piece Storage Set
$19.99 + $5 Standard OR $12 Two-Day OR $15 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

mamawoot

quality posts: 9 Private Messages mamawoot

Lock & Lock!!!
Oh my lovely Lock & Lock!

I buy the set, keep the sizes I want & gift the rest!!!

dreamyvelvet

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dreamyvelvet

I love my Lock & Lock set! I do wish they included another 78 ounce size, but hey, that's what Ebay's for

In for another one to gift!

paintednightsky

quality posts: 6 Private Messages paintednightsky

Does the plastic top seem sturdy enough that it won't "snap" apart at the seams over time?

lola4028

quality posts: 10 Private Messages lola4028

I bought these the last time they were posted. Best plastic storage containers ever! Food stays fresh and they're 100% leak proof.

Worst thing about them... if you let someone take one home, you probably won't get it back.

CowboyDann

quality posts: 716 Private Messages CowboyDann

Lock + Lock is the gold standard in food storage.

Microwave safe, Freezer Safe, Locks super tight and no leaks, I've been using my set for about 6 months now and love it.

Just don't take directly from freezer to microwave and you'll be A Okay!

cappo

quality posts: 33 Private Messages cappo

Assuming these are the same as the other-color sets (red, orange, and green) they do work rather nicely and haven't had any of the bendable parts show wear so far.

thumperchick

quality posts: 236 Private Messages thumperchick

Sooo... do these "nest" when being stored? Or are they stacking only?

nclucky

quality posts: 4 Private Messages nclucky
paintednightsky wrote:Does the plastic top seem sturdy enough that it won't "snap" apart at the seams over time?

I've had my set for almost 2 years and after about 1 1/2 years, one of the lids did snap at the seam. However, I love them and if I needed more plastic containers, I would snap these up!

cgwodehouse

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cgwodehouse
paintednightsky wrote:Does the plastic top seem sturdy enough that it won't "snap" apart at the seams over time?

I find them extraordinarily sturdy, and have never had any of them show signs of wear no matter how often they're used. However, I've never put them in the dishwasher, so don't know if that level of heat would play havoc or not. But normal use, they're just as good as the day I purchased them.

The only problem I have with them is that I'm a storage box junkie, and every time Woot puts any version on, my mouse hand starts shaking uncontrollably, and the next thing I know more of these things are showing up on my doorstep. I wonder if they sell Lock and Lock large enough to store all my Lock and Lock?

ETA: DAMMIT!!! I just bought another set!!! Why, cgwodehouse, why?!?!?

StarKnightGoku

quality posts: 4 Private Messages StarKnightGoku

I've only owned one of these containers and one day one of the locks popped off. It was still usable with three so I kept using it.

Yesterday the next one popped off.

But I got about a year and a half out of it.

Hippie2MARS

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Hippie2MARS
cgwodehouse wrote:I find them extraordinarily sturdy, and have never had any of them show signs of wear no matter how often they're used. However, I've never put them in the dishwasher, so don't know if that level of heat would play havoc or not. But normal use, they're just as good as the day I purchased them.

The only problem I have with them is that I'm a storage box junkie, and every time Woot puts any version on, my mouse hand starts shaking uncontrollably, and the next thing I know more of these things are showing up on my doorstep. I wonder if they sell Lock and Lock large enough to store all my Lock and Lock?

That's the problem I have too! LOVE my Lock & Lock...but if I buy any more I may have to move out to make room for them!

flannelman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages flannelman

If I order some will Uncle Rico come and hand deliver my 36 piece set?

k4th3r1n3

quality posts: 17 Private Messages k4th3r1n3

The lids are actually hinged so you'd have to be trying as hard as you can to break them. They're very sturdy. Uncle Rico's van may not even break them... I can't confirm that though.

I got these a while back when woot was offering them, they're the best storage containers I've ever owned. They've gone in the dishwasher plenty of times and there's no sign of wear-and-tear. The smaller containers are great for feeding a baby in since you can store wheatever they don't eat with the lid, and/or great for packing lunches. I haven't had any get stained either, and I've stored stuff with olive oil, red sauce, etc. Replace your crappy rubbermaid with these!

baccaruda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages baccaruda

The propaganda on Amazon.com says they do nest...
http://www.amazon.com/Airtight-Container-36-Piece-18-Containers-Capacity/dp/B0054PHHES

[MOD: Our set is not the nestable.]

thumperchick wrote:Sooo... do these "nest" when being stored? Or are they stacking only?

JGnumber3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JGnumber3

Use the top rack in the dishwasher. When microwaving make sure the locks are undone or things will get ugly.

ccrunner149

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ccrunner149

They've worked great for over 6 months now for me, with only 1 or 2 having a hinge break off. Of course, I think it was due more to me overstuffing them and trying close the hinge than any manufacturing flaw. Great buy!

k4th3r1n3

quality posts: 17 Private Messages k4th3r1n3
thumperchick wrote:Sooo... do these "nest" when being stored? Or are they stacking only?

They're the stacking kind. I just stack all the lids and then nest the different sizes into one another as best as possible.

awnree1

quality posts: 9 Private Messages awnree1

I am definitely debating these, as I do think they are great, but I don't have a lot of storage to keep these, the only downside to this product.

twitter is the dumbest F%#$ing thing that ever happened to the internet.

thumperchick

quality posts: 236 Private Messages thumperchick
baccaruda wrote:The propaganda on Amazon.com says they do nest...

From a review:
"They're still the same great containers (now BPA free!), but I noticed that the containers that are the same size (share the same sized lid) don't nest. They just... stack. Not a HORRIBLE big deal, as you can create a sort of nesting system with the various sizes, but it would be more convenient to be able to nest same sized containers together."

I think I'll pass on this round. My stuff has to nest well - otherwise I don't have room for it.

Thanks for the answers guys.

eureka13

quality posts: 2 Private Messages eureka13

These are great storage containers, as has been said before. My only complaint is that they take up a huge amount of cupboard space because they do not nest.

Cheers,
Kernal

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

My first set of Lock & Lock is this set, except with red lids. I use it constantly and all of the tabs on the lids are going strong; none are cracked or show any signs of wear. I use the larger containers for pasta; they keep moisture/humidity out, much better than plastic bags. The smaller ones have a constant rotation of leftovers and they're quite good at keeping food fresh for several days.

These appear to have clear lids - I bet they would be great for arts and crafts supplies.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

jelliebaby

quality posts: 11 Private Messages jelliebaby

I've been a Lock&Lock user for over 5 years and those same containers which get LOTS of use are holding up just fine. I know some have complained they've had problems, but of the more than 50 L&L containers I have I'ver never had a problem with the tabs breaking.

ofblong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ofblong

Just remember this is actually only a set of 18 not 36. 18 containers and 18 lids. To me when it says 36 piece set I think of lid and plastic bowl as one piece.

jelliebaby

quality posts: 11 Private Messages jelliebaby
JGnumber3 wrote:Use the top rack in the dishwasher. When microwaving make sure the locks are undone or things will get ugly.

L&L spokesperson on QVC also suggests turning the lid upside down to prevent it from vacuum sealing. Since I've had some problems over the years with foods containing fats leaving the container pitted/marred when nuked, I do not microwave in any of them.

katieboop

quality posts: 2 Private Messages katieboop

I also have the set with red lids from woot a while back. They are very sturdy, no leaks, and stand up to microwaving very well. I will say that I found the sizes/shapes very awkward and not well suited for my needs (making lunches mostly), but they are great for storing leftovers.

meandsecoya

quality posts: 11 Private Messages meandsecoya

I'm going to whine now. I've been waiting forever for these to come up again because I want some sooo bad. However, after spending (a little) money during the wootoff, and $55 dollars tonight on Urgent Care (five year old has Type A flu) and meds, I'm flat broke. *cries* I really hope it won't be too long before you sell these again. All I've seen in a long while are the glass ones.

awnree1

quality posts: 9 Private Messages awnree1

Decision made, since these are plastic storage containers, and not the glass ones offered in a previous woot, I am out.

twitter is the dumbest F%#$ing thing that ever happened to the internet.

plasticpopcorn4

quality posts: 5 Private Messages plasticpopcorn4

O darn you amazon! Just bought a 20 pc set for 30 dollars and return shipping is like 8 bucks....

Grrrrr

selune13

quality posts: 3 Private Messages selune13

Meh, I want the ones they had a long while ago that had the handles on top. I love those!!!

dantose

quality posts: 6 Private Messages dantose

only damaged top I've got was one that was in the freezer and got dropped. It wasn't the seams that broke, but the top. I've had no other issues.

I'm always serious.

TychoCelchuuu

quality posts: 6 Private Messages TychoCelchuuu

They are super sturdy, although there is one situation where the plastic tabs on the top can break - if they're frozen and you drop them, they'll be brittle enough to break. I've had a set for about a year and that's the only way I've managed to damage one. They're my favorite plastic food storage thingies in the world.

fjp999

quality posts: 15 Private Messages fjp999

I am shocked that these are not sold out already... guess not many are locknlock site subscribers and got THE email!!!

I have two huge cabinets full... gifted plenty... and am not a ebay seller so...

skou

quality posts: 20 Private Messages skou
lola4028 wrote:Worst thing about them... if you let someone take one home, you probably won't get it back.

I bought a few sets of the various L&L stuff here. Left a set at my brother's house, so I have containers to take stuff home in. If he runs out, I'll give him more.

steve

dfunk29

quality posts: 46 Private Messages dfunk29

I need these so badly! It's almost like you're reading my mind Woot!

taragl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages taragl

These are excellent containers for geocaches and letterboxes.

kmontrose

quality posts: 27 Private Messages kmontrose

I got this set last time and I do like the containers. I often store leftover pasta sauce and this set is the first one that I haven't had problems with staining.

Two problems - the nesting thing, that has been mentioned before, and there are too many of the small sizes! Maybe, I'll take a set and gift the small ones to my kids...

kgchamberlain

quality posts: 4 Private Messages kgchamberlain

I brought a set similar to this one last year to our family secret santa exchange and it was a huge hit. In for 2 more sets!

jack8973901

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jack8973901
meandsecoya wrote:I'm going to whine now. I've been waiting forever for these to come up again because I want some sooo bad. However, after spending (a little) money during the wootoff, and $55 dollars tonight on Urgent Care (five year old has Type A flu) and meds, I'm flat broke. *cries* I really hope it won't be too long before you sell these again. All I've seen in a long while are the glass ones.