jack8973901

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jack8973901
jack8973901 wrote:

Meand,
I will buy these for you if you like. My Christmas present to you and your daughter.
If this is ok let me know how I can do it with you feeling comfortable about it. Dale

italia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages italia

oh, how i wish things like this were made in the USA.

maui

quality posts: 10 Private Messages maui

These little guys get a 5-star recommendation from me. If you have even one Cool Whip tub of leftovers in your refrigerator, do yourself a favor and buy two sets. Buy three and give one away. These are absolutely the best storage products on the planet. Don't worry about the "nesting" thing. You'll find room.

nicoble

quality posts: 5 Private Messages nicoble

toddlers can open them all by themselves which is a huge deal in daycare and school

shelleyh

quality posts: 1 Private Messages shelleyh

I love my Lock & Lock containers! My oldest containers are about 7 years old. They hold up well. Sometimes my daughter puts part of a Chipotle burrito bowl into a Lock & Lock and takes it to school for lunch. You could clear a room with the smell when she opens that bad boy at home 12 hours later. The dishwasher is the only option for something that foul. It doesn't retain the odor after it goes through the dishwasher which is great. I'm in for another set!

breesus504

quality posts: 3 Private Messages breesus504

I love this brand, I love this set. They all close very tightly, and don't spill liquids. The only thing that I don't like is that this set does not stack.

Who Dat

frankwatkins

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frankwatkins

I use the smaller ones to store various types of fishing tackle. Waterproof, and handy to throw a small supply of whatever we are using that day to someone at the other end of the boat.

pgillin2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pgillin2
k4th3r1n3 wrote:They're the stacking kind. I just stack all the lids and then nest the different sizes into one another as best as possible.

Thanks. Almost bought them but nesting is important to me too so I will pass.

flowerchild59

quality posts: 23 Private Messages flowerchild59

I have multiple sets of these things in differet colors. I use the blue lidded ones for all of my various gluten free items, the yellow lidded ones for regular cooking, etc. They are awesome for leftovers and storage of expensive items like artisinal cheeses. I don't need anymore at this time, but this is a great price.

On the keyboard of life always keep one finger on the escape key.

morninglark

quality posts: 22 Private Messages morninglark

Can anyone tell me if these stain? For example, can you store leftover spaghetti sauce in them with ending up with the red stain hanging around forever? I don't have an automatic dishwasher. Thanks.

craigthom

quality posts: 62 Private Messages craigthom
italia wrote:oh, how i wish things like this were made in the USA.

At least they aren't made in China, if that would bother you. Mine were made in Vietnam. I think the parent company is Korean.

willbrusters

quality posts: 0 Private Messages willbrusters

I own soooooo many of these. They are FANSTSTIC. Doing daycare I have all my crafts in them. My son loves puzzles and we keep all the puzzle pieces in several of these. My husband uses them for work. We find a million and ten reasons to use these. They would make GREAT STOCKING STUFFERS - you could give a few of them to several people. Fill them with snacks and give to a teacher/mailman/busdriver etc

lakelady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lakelady

I will find a use for yet another set of Lock & Lock. I know I will, yes indeed, I need these, and no, I do not have a Lock & Lock addiction.

These are the best storage containers. Ever. Leftovers, cheese, pretty much anything keeps longer in these containers. If one should happen to fall off an overstuffed shelf there is no spillage because the top stays on. Freezer to microwave - no problem. I wash mine on the top shelf of the dishwasher and have had no problem with seals or staining.

Because the tops are so secure they are also good for carrying crafts, especially beads and other small pieces and parts.

Buy these. You won't have woot remorse.

dgschaefer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dgschaefer

Bought these last time around. All the superlatives apply, sturdy, excellent lids, etc. However the absolute chaos in our cabinet that the lack of nesting creates has meant that we quit using them to keep our sanity.

We bought a somewhat lower quality but excellently nestable set from Ikea instead.

dgschaefer
My Blog

junkite

quality posts: 1 Private Messages junkite

Big complaint!!!! These do not nest! Take up so much space in cupboard and also are not compatible with other sets of lock and locks! I was trying out three different lids and figured it was not worth it so I just threw them away and told my husband to stop buying them for me!

wgjhs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wgjhs

Are these all plastic or are the containers glass and the tops plastic?

Jimbo846

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Jimbo846

We have tons of these through QVC and they are great.

Jimbo846

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Jimbo846
wgjhs wrote:Are these all plastic or are the containers glass and the tops plastic?

They are all plastic.

colinchout

quality posts: 1 Private Messages colinchout

I saw the org.price is $59.99 (?)
What kind of nuts would pay 60 bucks for plastic storage ? So we suppose to be happy b/c THIS cost only $25 (plus 5 for shipping) ?

mskone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mskone

Awesome deal, started with a smaller set a couple months ago, now I can get rid of the rest of that crappy throw away stuff!

vinylpvc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vinylpvc
lakelady wrote:I will find a use for yet another set of Lock & Lock. I know I will, yes indeed, I need these, and no, I do not have a Lock & Lock addiction.

These are the best storage containers. Ever. Leftovers, cheese, pretty much anything keeps longer in these containers. If one should happen to fall off an overstuffed shelf there is no spillage because the top stays on. Freezer to microwave - no problem. I wash mine on the top shelf of the dishwasher and have had no problem with seals or staining.

Because the tops are so secure they are also good for carrying crafts, especially beads and other small pieces and parts.

Buy these. You won't have woot remorse.

Yes, I don't have a L&L addiction, either!! My family laugh at me for being such an unofficial spokesman - my whole house is full of them. There are so many great uses for them, daily! So much so, that the family laugh no more. (At least not in front of me) I am sending another 2 sets to my niece who just had a baby. I already shopped for all of their holiday gifts, but I know they will love these.

I'm so glad this set with the opaque tops and blue liner are back. They are the best! I can see what's inside and they stand out less than the colorful ones (which I take to work for lunches).

I know it's a problem but, come one, these guys are awesome!

Yeah. Yeah. Denial much?

gmagnanti

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gmagnanti
plasticpopcorn4 wrote:O darn you amazon! Just bought a 20 pc set for 30 dollars and return shipping is like 8 bucks....

Grrrrr

Don't kick yourself too hard they're like 27 from woot after tax/shipping.

Edit: didn't see 20 pc, sorry.

nodoze

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nodoze

Kitchen stuff two days in a row. I'm confused... am I on Woot, or Amazon???

charwoman

quality posts: 9 Private Messages charwoman

Just adding my accolades to the heap. I love this stuff. Round storageware annoys me now.

mikegberg

quality posts: 56 Private Messages mikegberg

In for three. Lower Westchester Geocachers can expect expansion of the South County Trail soon after the new year.

"There are more old wine drinkers than old doCTors." -François Rabelais

rdssoccer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rdssoccer
paintednightsky wrote:Does the plastic top seem sturdy enough that it won't "snap" apart at the seams over time?

I have used and abused a set for about 5 years now. A couple lids have just started to have their tabs snap off. This has only happened though if I open them immediately after taking them from the freezer. I suppose if I let them defrost first that may not have happened. However for this to happen after 5 years, I have no right to complain after 5 years and at such a low price.

bunkerbabe

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bunkerbabe

I bought these twice when Woot had them. I have a set like the ones on sale today and an set with red trim. They are the best storage containers I've ever had. Great to bring your lunch to work in. Get for cutting up recipe ingredient ahead and storing until time to actually prepare the meal. Food stays fresh in them. Fantastic in the freezer. I've washed mine a lot in the dishwasher with no harm to them. I've used them in the microwave, but rarely do that. They survive all the above treatments.
The small sized are terrific for small amounts of left overs and for storing up small quantities of foods or spices chopped up to use later in a recipe.
I never give anyone else leftovers to take home in these containers - they are too valuable to me to never see them again. I highly recommend these.

blindtiger01

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blindtiger01
thumperchick wrote:From a review:
"They're still the same great containers (now BPA free!), but I noticed that the containers that are the same size (share the same sized lid) don't nest. They just... stack. Not a HORRIBLE big deal, as you can create a sort of nesting system with the various sizes, but it would be more convenient to be able to nest same sized containers together."

I think I'll pass on this round. My stuff has to nest well - otherwise I don't have room for it.

Thanks for the answers guys.

My thoughts exactly and I hate that because I love lock&lock. I have some cylindrical ones I use for my animals treats. I have had them for years and they work like new and are opened sometimes 5 or more times a day.

MrStinkfist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MrStinkfist
paintednightsky wrote:Does the plastic top seem sturdy enough that it won't "snap" apart at the seams over time?

Yes. Got this set last time

MrStinkfist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MrStinkfist

This set is okay, but it is NOT STACKABLE. It is pretty annoying to have these containers loosely floating around everywhere. Might be worth buying a more expensive set that stacks. Otherwise these are good containers

djmj99

quality posts: 2 Private Messages djmj99

Surprised by how TINY most of these are. I like to cut up a fresh pineapple and cantaloupe each week. It looks like MAYBE the biggest one of these could work for such a load. The rest just dont seem to be big enough to be practical.

purplefeather

quality posts: 8 Private Messages purplefeather

I adore Lock & Lock. Curse you, Woot, for offering these when I'm dead broke! *fist shake*

I made a huge pot of vegetable soup, then filled the tiny ones and froze it. Perfect, single portions of soup that I can later toss into my lunch bag or whatever. The small ones are also very good if you're like me and enjoy drinking tea. I use one as a sugar bowl.

I put the smaller ones (lids and all) inside the bigger ones for storage, then stack the bigger ones on top of each other. Not the most space saving option, I'm sure, but it works.

Long story short, if you haven't bought one of these in the past, buy one now.

natalieug

quality posts: 11 Private Messages natalieug

If these were the glass Lock & Lock containers I'd be in for 1 but we're eliminating as much of our plastic as possible. Thanks anyway woot!

feliphilia

quality posts: 5 Private Messages feliphilia

I have three of these sets from previous woots and I love them. The big ones keep lettuce fresh longer than you would imagine. Only one set is the nestable kind but I don't have much of a storage problem because most are in use most of the time. The others live in a deep drawer. I know I shouldn't, but I'm in for another set . . . unless you've run out while I was typing this comment!

slz254

quality posts: 5 Private Messages slz254

Yes, some of the containers are very small, but they are great for little things that get lost, like craft/sewing supplies, buttons, fishing stuff, etc.

And you can nest the small containers inside the big ones...

Also, if you are in a humid environment, these are great for keeping moisture out of things that moisture often ruins like sugar and salt.

quilterliz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages quilterliz
cgwodehouse wrote:I find them extraordinarily sturdy, and have never had any of them show signs of wear no matter how often they're used. However, I've never put them in the dishwasher, so don't know if that level of heat would play havoc or not. But normal use, they're just as good as the day I purchased them.

The only problem I have with them is that I'm a storage box junkie, and every time Woot puts any version on, my mouse hand starts shaking uncontrollably, and the next thing I know more of these things are showing up on my doorstep. I wonder if they sell Lock and Lock large enough to store all my Lock and Lock?

ETA: DAMMIT!!! I just bought another set!!! Why, cgwodehouse, why?!?!?

Oh my - the same thing happens to me. Too funny. NOTE: the lock & locks are the best! Don't, however, buy the snapware version of the plastic storage containers. I bought two sets of those and they are awful. Had 2 of the lids snap (no pun intended) off when trying to close them for the first time!! Lock & Lock definitely has it all over Snapware when it comes to the plastic storage containers like this. I will probably end up buying another couple of set!!

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
morninglark wrote:Can anyone tell me if these stain? For example, can you store leftover spaghetti sauce in them with ending up with the red stain hanging around forever? I don't have an automatic dishwasher. Thanks.

I make an effort to store tomato sauce in glass Lock&Locks, but sometimes I forget or simply don't have the proper size available, and the stains do come out after a few washes (by hand). If I realize I've used tomato sauce in a plastic Lock&Lock, I'll usually soak it overnight with a high concentration of Dawn dishwashing foam).

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

kahluabomb

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kahluabomb
djmj99 wrote:Surprised by how TINY most of these are. I like to cut up a fresh pineapple and cantaloupe each week. It looks like MAYBE the biggest one of these could work for such a load. The rest just dont seem to be big enough to be practical.

I originally thought the same thing, and yes the small ones are only a cup, but that's the perfect serving size for most adults. It may not seem like it, but it's a great way to keep portions down.

The large ones will easily hold an entire pineapple, probably 2 once chopped up. As far as a cantelope, you'll have to eat some of it to get it all to fit.

All in all a great set for storing leftovers, freezing stuff, taking stuff to work, using for crafts storage, whatever. They're a great set and I would highly recommend them for no other reason than I use them all the time.

As others have said, the downside is that they don't nest so they do take up some room, but I usually end up putting most of the smaller ones inside the bigger ones, and stacking the lids by size and putting them in another large one.

tarantula

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tarantula
nicoble wrote:toddlers can open them all by themselves which is a huge deal in daycare and school

So these are not hard to open? I don't want more things my wife asks me to open for her.

lilluc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lilluc

Are these glass or plastic