droidluvr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages droidluvr
thumperchick wrote:Sooo... do these "nest" when being stored? Or are they stacking only?

See post here from eureka13 :
http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5281616#5281616
Says they don't nest

smittygun1

quality posts: 5 Private Messages smittygun1

We bought two sets of these several years ago when woot had them. We use them on a daily basis and have never opened the second set. probably gonna order some for gifts. These are the best plastic storage sets ever.

Phoulmouth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Phoulmouth

These are not microwave safe. Bought this exact set on Amazon 3 weeks ago. Microwaving them makes the plastic bubble and peal.

andrewkl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages andrewkl

Absolutely the BEST storage containers I have used. I was waiting for woot! to put these back up, and it hadn't happened for months... As luck would have it, I bought a couple of sets at JC Penney on clearance for $11 and $12 each. If it wasn't overkill, I'd buy this set today...

Just really damn lucky: Random Crap: 2/15/08, 2/19/09, 12/25/09, 4/1/10, 12/1/10, 12/25/10, 4/1/11, 5/11/11, 9/14/11, 10/12/11, 12/25/11

buzzclik

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buzzclik

This is a good deal!! Although my favorite food containers are Rubber Made nesting with soft rubber like lids [url=hhttp://www.amazon.com/Rubbermaid-Easy-Find-Storage-40-Piece/dp/B0046RE9F0/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1355635942&sr=1-1/url]

You can't beat these Lock & Lock containers for general use, especially to square away stuff neatly in the rectangular shaped ones. These are air & waterproof and rugged!

I bought the 27oz rectangular box before a trip to Africa for a small first aid kit consisting of tweezers, surgical scissors, various sized bandaids & bandages, tape, eye dropper bottles of grain alcohol, hydrogen peroxide and a variety of salves. My laggage and tripod were damaged, but this container made through multiple connections from Mobile, Houston, NY, London, Malaga, Freetown, the back country of Sierra Leone, Amsterdam and back. I'm gonna make a smaller kit for day hikes and bigger kit to make room for the whole collection of "stuff".

Just sayin',

Bob Emes

Fuzzimonkee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fuzzimonkee

I have two questions:

1. I realize the lids CAN come off, but if you chose to, could you keep them attached to their container with one of the snaps?

2. Would these be easy to open with one hand?

I work with a woman who is developmentally disabled who can't seem to hang on to her tupperware lids. I don't know where the hell all her lids disappear to, but we can never store any of her leftovers because of her missing lids and I'm not ready to submit to some As Seen on TV Mr. Lid crap to solve this problem. She also has had trouble opening some of the more heavy-duty tupperware containers in the past due to only having one working hand... I'm hoping these will be the perfect solution!

bubbleslatour

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bubbleslatour
paintednightsky wrote:Does the plastic top seem sturdy enough that it won't "snap" apart at the seams over time?

I have a shipload of Lock & Lock and love, love, love them all! I use the four-sided ones for dry storage and the round ones for refrigerator storage. I have had two tabs on the rounds break over the years (I'm guessing I've had mine for 4-5 years). I do not hesitate to recommend them to anyone who needs good storage. I don't freeze things in them; I have other containers for freezing things.

teevoo

quality posts: 6 Private Messages teevoo
Fuzzimonkee wrote:I have two questions:

1. I realize the lids CAN come off, but if you chose to, could you keep them attached to their container with one of the snaps?

2. Would these be easy to open with one hand?

I work with a woman who is developmentally disabled who can't seem to hang on to her tupperware lids. I don't know where the hell all her lids disappear to, but we can never store any of her leftovers because of her missing lids and I'm not ready to submit to some As Seen on TV Mr. Lid crap to solve this problem. She also has had trouble opening some of the more heavy-duty tupperware containers in the past due to only having one working hand... I'm hoping these will be the perfect solution!

I have no trouble opening these with one hand.

Although it is POSSIBLE to open with one snap still down (only opened three), the process of opening is likely to take that last snap off as well. The snaps are not secure if only one is depressed.

likelite

quality posts: 0 Private Messages likelite

Great deal on a superior product. First-Ive bought dozens of sets over several years and have had one hinge go on one small round container, and I get some of these to nest in a fashion by placing paper towels between containers.

I find these containers better than others because:
-one handed upen & close
-fill to brim with non-liquids such as grapes and cherry tomatoes.
-stack well in refrigerator or freezer
-no lips or crevices to retain water so dry well in a dish drainer.
-can be used right out of the box except when they will be in direct contact with food.
-the different size containers. Sometimes I have no use for the larger containers and then I find myself filling all that I have. The smallest are great for individual portions and for chopped herbs or half lemon,garlic cloves

pattye593

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pattye593
jack8973901 wrote:

A Geocaching bargain! WOOT! :-)

dexter222

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dexter222

Lock and Load! - oh wait - Load and Lock!

compac

quality posts: 2 Private Messages compac

If they don't stack/nest they're out! No deal... Alternate Rubber-maid 12 unit set (24 pieces)

http://www.amazon.com/Rubbermaid-Easy-24-Piece-Storage-Container/dp/B004A8HX1W/

In the VA Blue Ridge Mtns.

jerrybuice

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jerrybuice

Too bad WOOT has to join all the rest of them to get anti-Chritmas (using X-MAS). I will not be buying any more stuff from WOOT from now on.

slz254

quality posts: 5 Private Messages slz254
jerrybuice wrote:Too bad WOOT has to join all the rest of them to get anti-Chritmas (using X-MAS). I will not be buying any more stuff from WOOT from now on.

You do know that the "X" in Xmas is the Greek letter chi, right? as in the first letter in Christ's name (in Greek, Christos - Chi, iota, tau omicron, sigma). By writing Xmas, you are, in fact, using a symbol that has been used for Christ (chi) since the earliest days of Christianity, when followers of Christ were being persecuted.

If anything, you should be giving Woot even more of your hard-earned money for being old-school.

meandsecoya

quality posts: 18 Private Messages meandsecoya

PurplePawprints elsewhere

mikegberg

quality posts: 56 Private Messages mikegberg
tarantula wrote:So these are not hard to open? I don't want more things my wife asks me to open for her.

As the original poster suggested, we give one of these to our four-year old for snack every day, and he opens it himself.

To clarify, we put a snack in the container. The container is not his snack.

"There are more old wine drinkers than old doCTors." -François Rabelais

craigthom

quality posts: 64 Private Messages craigthom
tarantula wrote:So these are not hard to open? I don't want more things my wife asks me to open for her.

They are very easy to open and close. As long as you've got a flat surface to put it on you can even do it with one hand.

lisa8224

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lisa8224

Are they or are they NOT nestable/stackable?

robertlow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robertlow

This is not a 36 piece set its a 18 piece set and the Dollar store sells these at $1.00 each except the smallers are 2 for a dollar. I can go these across the street for $17.00 instead of $25.00 here.

Linzeey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Linzeey
paintednightsky wrote:Does the plastic top seem sturdy enough that it won't "snap" apart at the seams over time?

Yes we've had some of these for over a year and use them almost daily, no signs of cracking at all on the seems.

my3bassets

quality posts: 1 Private Messages my3bassets
paintednightsky wrote:Had some of mine over three years without leakage or breakage

my3bassets

quality posts: 1 Private Messages my3bassets
buzzclik wrote:This is a good deal!! Although my favorite food containers are Rubber Made nesting with soft rubber like lids, you can beat these Lock & Lock containers for general use. These are awesome, air & waterproof and rugged!

I bought the 27oz rectangular box before a trip to Africa for a small first aid kit consisting of tweezers, surgical scissors, various sized bandaids & bandages, tape, eye dropper bottles of grain alcohol, hydrogen peroxide and a variety of salves. My laggage and tripod were damaged, but this container made through multiple connections from Mobile, Houston, NY, London, Malaga, Freetown, the back country of Sierra Leone, Amsterdam and back. I'm gonna make a smaller kit for day hikes and bigger kit to make room for the whole collection of "stuff".

Just sayin',

Bob Emes

When I travel, I always pack a few Tide pods in one, and other possible leakables in others. Never had a problem.

vinylpvc

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vinylpvc
robertlow wrote:This is not a 36 piece set its a 18 piece set and the Dollar store sells these at $1.00 each except the smallers are 2 for a dollar. I can go these across the street for $17.00 instead of $25.00 here.

I've never seen these in a dollar store. Wow, where is this? I'm all over it!

andrewkl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages andrewkl
robertlow wrote:This is not a 36 piece set its a 18 piece set and the Dollar store sells these at $1.00 each except the smallers are 2 for a dollar. I can go these across the street for $17.00 instead of $25.00 here.

In fact, this IS a 36 pc set.. Lids count as pieces: 18 containers + 18 lids = 36 pcs.

Now, care to tell us what dollar store carries these? I've been hard pressed to find ANYTHING resembling a quality product at a dollar store...

Just really damn lucky: Random Crap: 2/15/08, 2/19/09, 12/25/09, 4/1/10, 12/1/10, 12/25/10, 4/1/11, 5/11/11, 9/14/11, 10/12/11, 12/25/11

aurora17

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aurora17
CowboyDann wrote:
Just don't take directly from freezer to microwave and you'll be A Okay!

I've had no issues with this (and I do it a LOT) - what problems are you seeing?

buzzclik

These lids will open up one handed,but try to keep one long side snapped for easy closing, or you'll need to use two hands to re-close. They re great air & waterproof containers, but in my opinion, for easier open and closing go with the Rubbermaid New Premier Food Storage Container Sets
[url=http://www.amazon.com/Rubbermaid-12-Piece-Premier-Storage-Container/dp/B000N3Z8HE/ref=pd_sim_hg_4[/url] and I've seen an even better deal here on WOOT, Just wait, it'll pop up again

and they will open one handed, all the way open or three sides. If they pop off all the way, it'll require two hands to snap closed...great for general storage. In my opinion, for food, get the Rubbermaid "New Premier Food Storage Container Set"

buzzclik

buzzclik wrote:

and they will open one handed, all the way open or three sides. If they pop off all the way, it'll require two hands to snap closed...great for general storage. In my opinion, for food, get the Tupperware New Premier Food Storage Container Set

buzzclik

droidluvr wrote:See post here from eureka13 :
http://www.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5281616#5281616
Says they don't nest

They stack only

buzzclik

This is a good deal!

Although my favorite food containers are Rubber Made nesting containers w/ ]Visit Amazon[/url] nesting lids... Visit Amazon,I've seen similar deals on WOOT.

Incidently, you can beat these prices for Lock & Lock containers for general use. These are awesome, air & waterproof and rugged! WOOT deals are the best!

Just sayin',

Bob Emes

docsbear

quality posts: 3 Private Messages docsbear

I love Lock & Lock. They are great for food storage, but what I like most about them is that the kids can easily open and close them so we have a lot of the larger containers for things like Lego and Squinkey storage. I have never had one wear out or break and they get used daily around here.

lanidarlin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lanidarlin
Jimbo846 wrote:We have tons of these through QVC and they are great.

lanidarlin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lanidarlin

Yes, they are sold at QVC, but not at this awesome price! I'm a believer and new Wooter!

haroldmusa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages haroldmusa

Bought these last time... love them... stackable, leak-proof, etc.

haroldmusa

quality posts: 0 Private Messages haroldmusa
haroldmusa wrote:Bought these last time... love them... stackable, leak-proof, etc. I do however sometimes have to open these for my wife as she has arthritis in her hands, but really a child should be able to open them.

jcrschroed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcrschroed

My order just arrived, I should have noticed how SMALL most of the containers are. I might just give them to Santa for the Elves, their useless to me.... My first Woot disappointment ..

lhumbird

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lhumbird
thumperchick wrote:Sooo... do these "nest" when being stored? Or are they stacking only?

Nope, the same-sized containers do not nest. That's a drag because there are so many containers in this deal.

kimiye

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kimiye

I ordered these on Dec. 15 and they arrived Dec. 19. Well played, Woot!

mikegberg

quality posts: 56 Private Messages mikegberg
craigthom wrote:At least they aren't made in China, if that would bother you. Mine were made in Vietnam. I think the parent company is Korean.

Turns out, this set is made in China.

"There are more old wine drinkers than old doCTors." -François Rabelais