WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Laptopopolis

If a life wasted in movie theaters has taught me anything, it's that sooner or later you're going to be in a situation where you need to either hack into government files or read your girlfriend's email. And doing those things from your home computer is just stupid. Better to take your rogue hero/possessive psycho show on the road.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Black Friday, Cyber Monday... didn't see the laptop you wanted? Well, is it here?

I'm just hanging out, really.

midwestrpe

quality posts: 2 Private Messages midwestrpe
inkycatz wrote:Black Friday, Cyber Monday... didn't see the laptop you wanted? Well, is it here?

What are the chances of receiving this laptop (MacBook), if ordered, this week? And what does "previously ordered as New" mean?

sleez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sleez

just ordered HP Pavilion DV6-7014NR, hope it is as good as the reviews!!

it claims "NEW", better be!

as far as the other one;

"previously sold as new" probably means it was returned without being used, overstock from distributor or some such???

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

(According to Dell's site)
Previously-ordered New systems include systems that are "never used systems, canceled orders, or returns that were never fully booted":
- never turned on, or never fully booted by another customer
- May have been powered on by a customer before (This does not apply to Electronics and Accessories)
- Systems are tested to meet factory specifications including system condition and power-up test. Electronics & Accessories are visually inspected. Any defective parts are replaced as needed for Refurbished and Scratch & Dent products.
- May have been shipped out to another customer before
- May include accessories such as keyboards or speakers that came from previously opened systems. All accessories are checked for scratches, other damages, or dirt to ensure only items in excellent condition are used.

Via: http://www.dell.com/content/topics/segtopic.aspx/delloutlet?c=us&l=en&cs=22

I'm just hanging out, really.

missyscove

quality posts: 12 Private Messages missyscove

I have the innergie adapter. I keep it in my backpack and use it almost daily at school. It was easy to figure out which tip to use for my Fujitsu and cheaper than buying one actually made for my computer. Plus, should I need it for a different computer in the future, all I'll have to do is change the tip.

fuzychiapet

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fuzychiapet

Why have a pic of a Lenovo for this deal if no Lenovos are being sold in this deal? I was disappointed.

fuzychiapet

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fuzychiapet
missyscove wrote:I have the innergie adapter. I keep it in my backpack and use it almost daily at school. It was easy to figure out which tip to use for my Fujitsu and cheaper than buying one actually made for my computer. Plus, should I need it for a different computer in the future, all I'll have to do is change the tip.

I agree! I've had mine about a month now, and it charges both my laptops (a HP and a Lenovo) and the USB charge has come in handy more than once already.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 39 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

fuzychiapet wrote:Why have a pic of a Lenovo for this deal if no Lenovos are being sold in this deal? I was disappointed.

sometimes other products photobomb the Event pics. not funny when it's a laptop; hilarious when it's an animal.

the real answer is that sometimes we can't take a pic for a specific event, so we have to use whatever we've got that accurately shows what we ARE offering.

i agree, it can be a little confusing and consequently disappointing, and that's why we try to avoid it.
sorry about that.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

midwestrpe

quality posts: 2 Private Messages midwestrpe

What are the chances of receiving this laptop (MacBook), if ordered, this week?

michael2255

quality posts: 5 Private Messages michael2255

If I had not bought the 7115nr two months ago I would definitely get this. HOT!

sleez wrote:just ordered HP Pavilion DV6-7014NR, hope it is as good as the reviews!!

it claims "NEW", better be!

as far as the other one;

"previously sold as new" probably means it was returned without being used, overstock from distributor or some such???

daklus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages daklus

The specs HP Pavilion DV6-7014NR looks like a really nice setup for the price. It has full HD in a 15.6" laptop (usually HP only hits 1080p in their 17" models), 3rd gen (latest) quad-core i7, and a decent dedicated video card.

If I were in the market for a gaming laptop at the moment, I'd probably pick this one up.

JensenDied

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JensenDied
daklus wrote:The specs HP Pavilion DV6-7014NR looks like a really nice setup for the price. It has full HD in a 15.6" laptop

Just scooped it for just that reason. Was looking for a cheaper lower spec machine with good pixel density for a while, but ill take the rest of the specs as bonus/cost.

-><-

mfaughn

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mfaughn

I've been entertaining the thought of getting a 17" MacBook Pro and done a little research. Just wondering if anybody out there can tell me how this deal stacks up against what else is out there in terms of 17" MBP options. This is a dual core machine, apparently from Mid 2010.

gidgiddonihah

quality posts: 4 Private Messages gidgiddonihah

The XPS laptop is a really good laptop. I have the 15" (L502x) and it's really amazing. Great battery life, spectacular screen, solid performance, somewhat strangely cool design, great speakers, and a backlit keyboard. The graphics chip stomps on the Macbooks but the CPU is pretty weak for the XPS line. It shouldn't be a problem though as the majority of people don't need more power than an i5 can give (gamers included). 700$ is a steal!

Tyson

dvdvija

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dvdvija

Hey Woot, what the heck?? I have been waiting for you guys everyday to sell these laptops again, especially the Macbook Pro. I got tired of waiting and waiting so I decided to buy one in store. I just bought mine yesterday. After I bought one, then you decided to sell the one I wanted.. Not cool guys!!!

airmarkos

quality posts: 0 Private Messages airmarkos
fuzychiapet wrote:Why have a pic of a Lenovo for this deal if no Lenovos are being sold in this deal? I was disappointed.

+1

castfacekillah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages castfacekillah

missed this sale by like 2 minutes