WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Cool Coleman Camping

Camping. Nature. Freedom from civilization and technology and all that other crap. The only thing is, as nice as it is to get in touch with Mother Earth, if you don't bring the right gear, she's going to try to kill you. You can try to fight back, but she's older, meaner, and more thoroughly polluted than you. Better to just buy a tent.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Time for some winter camping?

I'm just hanging out, really.

seahokedrama

quality posts: 30 Private Messages seahokedrama

Curious how the instant tents hold up and how small they get.

My family loves camping- but what usually happens is- I set up the tent by myself whilst the three kids and wife dance around the tent getting in the way of the poles and tent making my life difficult.

If it really only takes a minute- I can tie my wife and kids to a tree whilst I put the tent up. Don't think they'll mind being tied up that long... especially the wife.

Bellyflops

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Bellyflops
seahokedrama wrote:Curious how the instant tents hold up and how small they get.

My family loves camping- but what usually happens is- I set up the tent by myself whilst the three kids and wife dance around the tent getting in the way of the poles and tent making my life difficult.

If it really only takes a minute- I can tie my wife and kids to a tree whilst I put the tent up. Don't think they'll mind being tied up that long... especially the wife.

There are videos on Youtube showing them going up rather quickly.

George Hasko

cleaner00

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cleaner00

I JUST, and I mean JUST, bought this from Woot the other day and paid $25 more.
what BS

Unique Woot items purchaced: 69
Bundles of Clones#39;s attempted: 42 (including the Dow Jones bag)
Bundles of Clones#39;s acquired: 3 (25Sep09/26Mar10/26May10)

draigun

quality posts: 22 Private Messages draigun

In the market for a new tent, so looked up the reviews for most of these. Pretty good reviews all around, at least on Amazon:

Coleman 8-Person Instant Tent ~4 stars (63 reviews)
Coleman 6-Person Instant Tent ~4.5 stars (250 reviews)
Coleman Montana 8-Person Tent with Hinged Door ~4 stars (149 reviews)
Coleman Evanston 6-Person Screened Tent ~4.5 stars (43 reviews)

Those are just for the ones I've checked, though. (Feel free to correct me if I hit the wrong product on any of them.) You're not making this easy, Woot.

liltoofs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages liltoofs

What are the dimensions when the tents are packed? I'm interested in the 6 or8 person instant tent but want to make sure it will fit in our car.

p3rr0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages p3rr0

I have owned the 6 person instant Coleman tent for 2 years now. I bought it for spring and fall camping with my family since my son is a Cub Scout. It is very easy to set up. They don't really have room for 6 people if you have gear in the tent. At least for us as "car" campers. We don't pack light so it's a 4 person tent the way we roll. No issues yet and I have used it 6 times.

skou

quality posts: 20 Private Messages skou

OK, the "Dual (not duel) fuel stove and lantern willwork on Coleman fuel, as well as unleaded gasoline.

So will the regular lantern and stove. And, here in Az, unleaded gas is $3.0* a gallon.

NOTICE! They will work ONCE on leaded fuel, if you can find it. (But, not for long.)

steve

Bezalel

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Bezalel

Although the Dual Fuel Stove and Lantern will work with gasoline make sure not to store them with gasoline, it will corrode the internals.

wootforthestars

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wootforthestars

Does the big screened canopy have a floor?

budlight4648

quality posts: 0 Private Messages budlight4648

Just a thought i bought the Colaman easy up 6 person tent im just here to tell ya get the 8 person version I have been trying to get the rain fly for thr 6 person tent since september and you cannot purchase it anywhere !!!! I.E.
Amazon,Coleman,Ebay so do yourself a favor and get the 8 person as those rain flys are readily available for around $45 you'll love the extra room too!!!
These tents are amazing and these are great prices !!!
I hope this helps!

fuzzypeaches

quality posts: 10 Private Messages fuzzypeaches

I have the fold-away table (paid more for it). Even if you don't camp, it is wonderful to have on hand. Handy, I tell you! Handy dandy!!!

10 quality post! Whoo hoo! I'M SOMEBODY!!!

Tomssw

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Tomssw

I was really hoping for bad reviews since I and tight on money but have been looking for a tent.. The table also seems to be a must. Thinking about the 6 person with the screen area.

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
wootforthestars wrote:Does the big screened canopy have a floor?

From the pictures I saw (on Amazon, I think) it would seem so.

jhmz

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jhmz

this exact tent is cheaper at walmart, and sucks just as much no matter where you buy it. seriously - if you plan to camp somewhere where the wind might get over 10mph, don't buy this tent.

edit: ah, i just noticed that this board is for every coleman offer. i was talking about the "Coleman 6-Person Sundome Tent". but really, the others aren't much better.

i just got an ALPS axis on sale and for not much more $ it's a far superior tent.

cleaner00

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cleaner00
cleaner00 wrote:I JUST, and I mean JUST, bought this from Woot the other day and paid $25 more.
what BS

Ah yes, this comment would be regarding the 8 person instant tent. The thing hasn't even been unboxed yet.

Unique Woot items purchaced: 69
Bundles of Clones#39;s attempted: 42 (including the Dow Jones bag)
Bundles of Clones#39;s acquired: 3 (25Sep09/26Mar10/26May10)

mibutterflywingz

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mibutterflywingz

In my opinion, there should be more than one picture since it's 4 in 1 item. I would love to see what the table would look like in all 4 positions.

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah
seahokedrama wrote:

Are there videos of this on youtube?! :-o

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

draigun

quality posts: 22 Private Messages draigun
mibutterflywingz wrote:In my opinion, there should be more than one picture since it's 4 in 1 item. I would love to see what the table would look like in all 4 positions.

There are quite a few pictures on Amazon which should help you out.

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah
budlight4648 wrote:Just a thought i bought the Colaman easy up 6 person tent im just here to tell ya get the 8 person version I have been trying to get the rain fly for thr 6 person tent since september and you cannot purchase it anywhere !!!! I.E.
Amazon,Coleman,Ebay so do yourself a favor and get the 8 person as those rain flys are readily available for around $45 you'll love the extra room too!!!
These tents are amazing and these are great prices !!!
I hope this helps!

Wait a minute!... The blurb says that the 6man w/screen tent comes with the rain fly. Are you saying that it does not, and that we have to buy that separately to be protected from the rain??? Can someone at woot! clarify that please?

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ckeilah wrote:Wait a minute!... The blurb says that the 6man w/screen tent comes with the rain fly. Are you saying that it does not, and that we have to buy that separately to be protected from the rain??? Can someone at woot! clarify that please?

No worries. Be happy.

Here's the Coleman page for that tent. You'll see that the model numbers match and there's a picture of the tent with the rainfly. It also says it's included. The manual (linked on the Specs tab) shows how to attach the rainfly.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

karisk81

quality posts: 7 Private Messages karisk81

I have the willow creek sleeping back (or something fairly similar) and it seems nice enough. It's a little heavy for summer camping, but does work well for trips and such. It does have a weird method for securing the bag after you've rolled it up. It works fine but does not function the way the tag shows. Overall worth it for $25 though.

Milquetoast

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Milquetoast

I bought the 8-person Coleman Instant Tent for $50 more from Amazon back in August. Set it up in the back yard for a test run, by myself, without reading the instructions, in about 5 minutes. A little awkward setting it up by yourself, but as you can see, it can be done rather quickly. Once we actually went camping, it went up even faster with 2 of us. Tear-down takes just a tad longer. Lots of windows, good ventilation, and floor is solid. Seams are taped, but I sealed them anyway, and no moisture issues at all. Overall, happy with my purchase even at $50 more.

GenSuave

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GenSuave

My brother has this one. It says it fits six. Truthfully, it fits four very comfortably (room for gear). Six would leave no room for anything but sleeping bags. Since I have a family of four now, I'm getting one. Thanks woot.