eisenbjm


quality posts: 0 Private Messages eisenbjm

I am really upset and I am curious if anyone has ever dealt with this? I ordered the Sole F85 treadmill on Saturday night. When I placed the order, I received a message that the order was declined because AMEX thought it was fraudulent.

I spoke to AMEX, told them the order was not fraudulent. They said, "thanks. go ahead and reorder."

So, I went ahead and reordered. I received the confirmation from woot and, voila, I was happy

But, the order did not show up in my "STUFF YOU BOUGHT" section. So, I emailed woot. This is the message I received:

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to email us. We appreciate your concerns as well as your business.

I'm very sorry but the order has been cancelled and refunded because it did not pass our screening process for potentially fraudulent order activity. If this was done in error, I very much apologize. Unfortunately, we are unable to reinstate the order or push it through for fulfillment.

Woot Member Services,

Riley

WHAT THE???? I did all of the legwork with my Credit Card and then woot cancels it without a phone call or anything???? Has anyone had any success beating this cancellation? I want that treadmill. My health depends on it (honestly, it will probably collect dust, but I still want the option to exercise in my basement!)

The other thing that is annoying is that I did not receive any notification of cancellation. I had to ask about the order's status...


Please help!

Jon

eisenbjm


quality posts: 0 Private Messages eisenbjm

Anyone have any thoughts? I am so upset.


eisenbjm wrote:I am really upset and I am curious if anyone has ever dealt with this? I ordered the Sole F85 treadmill on Saturday night. When I placed the order, I received a message that the order was declined because AMEX thought it was fraudulent.

I spoke to AMEX, told them the order was not fraudulent. They said, "thanks. go ahead and reorder."

So, I went ahead and reordered. I received the confirmation from woot and, voila, I was happy

But, the order did not show up in my "STUFF YOU BOUGHT" section. So, I emailed woot. This is the message I received:

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to email us. We appreciate your concerns as well as your business.

I'm very sorry but the order has been cancelled and refunded because it did not pass our screening process for potentially fraudulent order activity. If this was done in error, I very much apologize. Unfortunately, we are unable to reinstate the order or push it through for fulfillment.

Woot Member Services,

Riley

WHAT THE???? I did all of the legwork with my Credit Card and then woot cancels it without a phone call or anything???? Has anyone had any success beating this cancellation? I want that treadmill. My health depends on it (honestly, it will probably collect dust, but I still want the option to exercise in my basement!)

The other thing that is annoying is that I did not receive any notification of cancellation. I had to ask about the order's status...


Please help!

Jon



eisenbjm


quality posts: 0 Private Messages eisenbjm

It is kind of funny that I am someone who still wants what I ordered and am only hoping that someone will help me but, beyond that initial "oops sorry" response, have not heard from anyone.

Frustrating.


eisenbjm wrote:Anyone have any thoughts? I am so upset.



inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
eisenbjm wrote:It is kind of funny that I am someone who still wants what I ordered and am only hoping that someone will help me but, beyond that initial "oops sorry" response, have not heard from anyone.

Frustrating.



Have you checked your spam folders perhaps for any additional replies?

I'm just hanging out, really.

eisenbjm


quality posts: 0 Private Messages eisenbjm
inkycatz wrote:Have you checked your spam folders perhaps for any additional replies?



Just checked...nothing.

eisenbjm


quality posts: 0 Private Messages eisenbjm
eisenbjm wrote:Just checked...nothing.



I am actually quite disappointed too.

MuteDeCute


quality posts: 1 Private Messages MuteDeCute
eisenbjm wrote:I am actually quite disappointed too.



Sorry to hear about your misfortune, but I don't see you getting the product. I say this because you have two things going against you.

Based upon past dealings, Riley will not jump thru any hoops for you. Secondly, the product was offered on the woot plus site, not the regular woot dot com. From what I read in the forums, the woot plus stuff are offerings from outside vendors. This means you would also have to convince somebody on that end to make an exception to the special 24 hour sale on the threadmill.

Look at it this way, at least you were told they couldn't fulfill or reinstate. In one of my cases, I was told the product was on the way. Then I was told to be patient after inquiring about it 2 weeks later. After 4 weeks I found out from another rep that there was never any tracking info for my product. I never got the goods. Riley was bs-ing me for a month.

bpr2


quality posts: 175 Private Messages bpr2

Look at it this way, maybe it's the universe cutting you some slack for something that will involve needing lots of money to fix act, and not having the funds withdrawn from this sale will help you out greatly in whatever the universe has planned for you to go through.

that was fun while it lasted!

wallycat


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wallycat

I'm now going through pretty much the same thing. The difference is that I had no issues with initial approval of the charge and my bank even supplied me with the approval code they gave Woot. I was even the "first sucker" to buy the item and appeared on the list. Got my order confirmation and all that. When it didn't appear under items you bought the next day I inquired and got EXACTLY the same response you did word for word and from the same Riley person. I sent a detailed email that was never addresses either They never told me that they trashed my order and now refuse to honor it. I have had my account since 2011 and have ordered before and even 2 tablet computers with no issue. There have been no changes of any kind not even a phone number. Now that I see we got the same "cut and paste" response I'm a bit angrier. I was already pretty sure they didn't read my emails. Do some research. Trashing orders is epidemic at Woot. If you ever find someone who doesn't treat you like a sucker at this company let me know.

wallycat


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wallycat

I have decided to add a second comment to my previous post. Woot seems to rely heavily upon "your order didn't pass our potentially fraudulent activity screen" or something like that. Well, not only is that merely convenient, take this into consideration. They accept your order, obtain approval from your bank and send you a confirmation. Then somehow, they decide this may be fradulent so they cancel your order and they just don't notify you. They have all of your information including your financial information and they believe that they have NO OBLIGATION to inform you that they think some fraud may have occurred relative to your account. They don't say that their system was breached, they just absolutely refuse to explain and that ladies and gentleman is a LIAR. If in fact there was some potential fraud issue they have an obligation to inform you immediately otherwise they are contributing to potential credit and identity theft. So, if they have this information and they cancel your order because of it, WHY do they keep it to themselves? It is only one of two reasons. There was no real fraud to report to you so they couldn't and the excuse is just convenient, or there WAS some potential fraud issue and they just don't care enough to inform you. In either case they are dead wrong. This all sent me into a panic calling my credit card companies and bank to make sure my accounts were secure. Of course they were. Lies don't hold water Woot.