2%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Lenovo ThinkPad 11.6" Dual-Core Laptop
$299.99 + $5 Standard OR $10 Two-Day Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

PAY ATTENTION TO SHIPPING!!!

Note that if you want it in time for Christmas, you must choose

TWO-DAY SHIPPING

NOTE: Not available to all areas and/or orders. Our system checks with FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) and if the order can't be fulfilled in time, the expedited shipping is denied. Sorry.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Shinespark

quality posts: 31 Private Messages Shinespark

If you have multimedia (video decoding) on the mind, the e-300 GPU far outperforms the Celeron's-- but overall the Celeron is a stronger processor. Also note that Linux support for APU drivers is pretty bad if you're inclined to put it on there.

This is by no means a powerhouse, but it's a great little machine for the price. It's no T420 but it's not meant to be.

Cook74

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Cook74

Groan... Just bought the ASUS tablet two weeks ago for Christmas and now this pops up... what to do, what to do...

OK, I think I am in for one but which one... decisions decisions...

Dang you WOOT! ;)

Doug;}

ascii256

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ascii256

So anyone own this? I'd like a small laptop that doesn't burn my Harry Potters off when it sits on my lap.

How hot does this thing get?

6/10 Dynamo Flashlight/Radio 6/5 PlayGear Share Splitter 5/31 VRDH200 Stereo Headphones
5/14 Single Serving Coffeemaker 4/27 Screaming Monkey with Black Cape 5/15 2 ear check ear thermometer 6/05 play gear share audio splitter 6/5 Logitech PlayGear Share Audio Splitter 4/27 Buslink Mini Stereo System 4/26 Zyxel M-202 Mimo Network Adapter 4/26 Excalibur USB Portable Drive 3/23 Screaming Monkey with Green Cape 3/23 Philips GoGear 2GB MP3 Player

nuggib

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nuggib

The description doesn't mention the coolest thing about this netbook. We've been looking at the newer model (x131e) for a 1-to-1 program at the school district I work for. These netbooks are ruggedized and built for educational use. This means recessed ports, stronger hinges, spill resistant keyboards - basically the thing was built to take a pretty good beating.

ronfronberg

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ronfronberg

Does this qualify for the Windows 8 update?

canyouinterestme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages canyouinterestme

does this have a cd/dvd drive?

Samstag

quality posts: 11 Private Messages Samstag

I was looking for an upgrade from my 3 year old x60, but it looks like it's only a tiny bit faster.

Shinespark

quality posts: 31 Private Messages Shinespark
canyouinterestme wrote:does this have a cd/dvd drive?

No optical drive.

pmurray63

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pmurray63
nuggib wrote:The description doesn't mention the coolest thing about this netbook... These netbooks are ruggedized and built for educational use. This means recessed ports, stronger hinges, spill resistant keyboards - basically the thing was built to take a pretty good beating.

Reviews confirm that.

CNET says meh.

PC Mag is more enthusiastic.

Wooting since August 2004

portezbie

quality posts: 14 Private Messages portezbie

My gf is a teacher and I helped her buy the 120e earlier in the year. It is a really solid machine. Not the fastest, but it can handle being knocked around and spilled on which is very nice. Great choice for someone who needs something light with long battery life and has to carry it around all the time. Works great hooked up to a projector.

note2001

quality posts: 25 Private Messages note2001
pmurray63 wrote:
PC Mag is more enthusiastic.

Bottom Line

The Lenovo ThinkPad X130e is a semi-rugged netbook, outfitted with enough padding to survive the day-to-day dings of traveling across campus or running from terminal A to B.

This is exactly what these little units are made for and do best. You want a powerhouse? Get a desktop. Use this to take that work with you and browse the web between times without separating your shoulder. I have a similarly spec'd out Dell 11z my daughter has taken over for running to/from class and reading her textbooks on. She likes the portability and long life of the battery. (Note, this unit has a 7200rpm drive and may not last quite as long if kept spinning). It runs MS suite fine - just max out the memory and your software will run without a hitch.

metagg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages metagg

Looks much like the one on woot tech in March. Quite a few positive comments there. http://deals.woot.com/deals/details/ad4d4a2b-7d65-4d3f-a58c-4c56a7cea7c7/lenovo-thinkpad-11-6-dual-core-notebook-new

JJStripes

quality posts: 1 Private Messages JJStripes

I picked up one of these from the lenovo outlet a few months ago. It was fine when I got it, but I upgraded to 8gb of ram and an SSD and now it flies. If you want a laptop with a really good keyboard (impossible on an ultrabook), good battery life, and you want to be able to toss it in your bag sans cover this is the way to go.

bradenmcg

quality posts: 8 Private Messages bradenmcg

Note that the Celeron-based unit comes with 4GB of RAM vs the 2 in the AMD.

Also, these come with a trackpoint, which is a SUPER rarity in little netbooks. It takes some getting used to, but they are actually much more convenient than the undersized trackpads that they cram at the bottom.

Crombie

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Crombie

You will LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your ASUS tablet. I have both an ASUS tablet and a Lenovo laptop. I reach for the tablet 95% of the time.

Cook74 wrote:Groan... Just bought the ASUS tablet two weeks ago for Christmas and now this pops up... what to do, what to do...

OK, I think I am in for one but which one... decisions decisions...

Dang you WOOT! ;)

LEM-

quality posts: 147 Private Messages LEM-

Heck! And it is actually not a refurb?

Darn, my 9 years old have been begging Santa for a computer... And it is only $300... Should Santa give in?

2GB on AMD version? Really? Does Windows 7 even load with 2GB?

Crombie

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Crombie

I bought one of these for my daughter for college three years ago. It is still going strong. She liked the portability and it survived life in a back-pack. She used it for classes and for watching Netflix in her bunk. She also had a larger notebook for writing her term papers, etc. She said as much as she loved it, she would not have wanted it to be her only laptop - and it was a little slow - but, that she could not have gotten through college without it.

LEM-

Yeah, and what's the deal with 2 day shipping on Intel? It's available for AMD, but not for Intel version...

Dist0rt3d

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Dist0rt3d
LEM- wrote:Heck! And it is actually not a refurb?

Darn, my 9 years old have been begging Santa for a computer... And it is only $300... Should Santa give in?

2GB on AMD version? Really? Does Windows 7 even load with 2GB?

If I had to guess, the only reason you get 4GB on the Intel version is because it uses Intel graphics, so some of that RAM is getting chewed up in the graphics processing. Whereas the AMD has discrete graphics, so less RAM is needed for video, since the ~1GB of video memory shown is all in the discrete chip, not shared from on board RAM.

LEM-

Dist0rt3d wrote:If I had to guess, the only reason you get 4GB on the Intel version is because it uses Intel graphics, so some of that RAM is getting chewed up in the graphics processing. Whereas the AMD has discrete graphics, so less RAM is needed for video, since the ~1GB of video memory shown is all in the discrete chip, not shared from on board RAM.

Yeah, it makes sense. So if I upgrade either to 8Gb, I'll actually gain more on AMD! Good point. Now - anyone knows how it upgrades, before I start digging down the manual? 2x4? 4x2? What's inside now, can I use it, or I need to buy all of 8GB?

Questions, questions....

ianpoma

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ianpoma

Why can't I do 2 day shipping on the intel version?

amlethus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages amlethus

My wife has this model with an AMD E-450 (1.65 GHz) & we upgraded it to 8 GB memory. It is definitely no beast, but it doesn't keep her waiting long. She loves it, & I'm impressed enough by it that I'm tempted to nab this deal.

Its most impressive characteristic is its form factor (and this is coming from someone who rarely cares about form factor). It feels solid, well balanced, & sturdy. The keyboard & track pad/buttons are great. It's just high quality all around.

gnuvision

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gnuvision

I love the navigation pin (red) in the center of the keyboard. You can use this as a mouse with more precision than the pad at the bottom.

These PC's are a solid build. SUCH a Deal!

alexjl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alexjl

I'd be all over this if it had a better processor.

This is a very rugged and very slow laptop. It does NOT share the aesthetics of an Apple or anything remotely close.

The keyboard feels great. Large spacy keys. Pressure is spot on. Even if the chasis looks fat :P

LEM-

LEM- wrote:Yeah, and what's the deal with 2 day shipping on Intel? It's available for AMD, but not for Intel version...

Answering my own question: looks like the shipping availability depends on shipping address. Won't ship intel 2nd day to my home, but I checeked friends address (20 minutes drive from me, but across the bridge and in another state) and viola - 2nd day is available...

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys

CPU Benchmarks

Passmark ranks the Celeron 867 at 1271.

Passmark ranks the AMD E-300 at 645.

Personally I have been unimpressed with AMD's budget E series processors and prefer Intels Celeron and budget series processors.

yobertrando

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yobertrando

hello
is this a good buy for someone who is traveling and would like to post photo and video on a blog. could this thing do simple video editing and posting? hymnal

frijoles12

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frijoles12

http://compare-processors.com/amd-e-300-vs-amd-e-350/1024/

It's a shame I bought the x120e predecessor because it weighed less and had a faster processor. They slowed down the processor and make it for kids who are used to playing with Tonka Trucks I think the e300 is significantly worse than the e350 depsite having a really nice gpu in it.

wenda86

quality posts: 9 Private Messages wenda86

Really torn between the AMD and Intel choices. Anyone can tell me given the same workload, which one will give the longest battery life?

Use case covers surfing the net, occasional video streaming as well as last minute documents editing. 1080p video playback would be nice (and I know the AMD would be a better choice for this).

As usual, will max out the RAM to 8Gb and swap the drive to SSD. Probably it's a low profile 7mm drive on this.

jdodgen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdodgen
Samstag wrote:I was looking for an upgrade from my 3 year old x60, but it looks like it's only a tiny bit faster.

How much did you pay for your 3 year old x60?

nanaejt

quality posts: 3 Private Messages nanaejt

Have you noticed that one of the most common comments on Woot is "I'd be all over this if..."

taurine

quality posts: 5 Private Messages taurine

Would a SSD make this computer faster and good for well rounded use, or is the processor and graphics really that limited?

Could I do some basic Photoshopping? Will it play 1080p 4 gigabyte video files over the HDMI out, or will HDMI out be the same resolution as the screen?

prttymf8

quality posts: 25 Private Messages prttymf8
taurine wrote:Would a SSD make this computer faster and good for well rounded use, or is the processor and graphics really that limited?

Could I do some basic Photoshopping? Will it play 1080p 4 gigabyte video files over the HDMI out, or will HDMI out be the same resolution as the screen?

From a PCMAG review: "The X130e sports an 11.6-inch widescreen that displays in 1,366-by-768 resolution; that resolution is about as good as you're going to get on a netbook nowadays. If you're looking to achieve that true 1080p HD, you'll have to look into outputting your video content onto an external display that supports full HD via the HDMI port."

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2399806,00.asp

prttymf8

quality posts: 25 Private Messages prttymf8
LEM- wrote:Yeah, it makes sense. So if I upgrade either to 8Gb, I'll actually gain more on AMD! Good point. Now - anyone knows how it upgrades, before I start digging down the manual? 2x4? 4x2? What's inside now, can I use it, or I need to buy all of 8GB?

Questions, questions....

Some good info from Crucial.com http://www.crucial.com/upgrade/Lenovo-memory/ThinkPad+X+Series/ThinkPad+X130e+(Intel)-upgrades.html

ingus

quality posts: 6 Private Messages ingus

This is a very rugged and very slow laptop. It does NOT share the aesthetics of an Apple or anything remotely close.
:P

This kills the deal for me. If this $300 laptop doesn't look like a $999 MacBook Air, or anything close, why would I even think about being all over this?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

RE: 2-day shipping unavailable

Our order system checks immediately with your closest FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) warehouse to see if they can pull & ship the order in time to meet the 2-day shipping promise. That deadline is in just a few hours for the first deadline.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

You might try later in the day - after about 11am to noon Central. That's after the first deadline and they have 24-hour for the next deadline. It bumps delivery out a day but it will still be 2 days.

No promises but it's worth a try.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

kennyminot

quality posts: 5 Private Messages kennyminot

Just for a quick price comparison, Google Shopping has the lowest price for this netbook listed as $342. Amazon has it for $399, and Newegg is selling it for $441. In other words, you're probably saving about $100 by snagging this deal.

Just a few other thoughts:

1. Go with the Celeron. The AMD line of budget processors have an extremely bad reputation, and the latest set of Celeron processors are supposed to be excellent.

2. If you're really in the market for a netbook, you should be all over this deal. Basically, you're getting the convenience of a netbook with the rugged build of a Thinkpad laptop. You could probably throw this thing off a balcony and it would still be fine. If it weren't so close to Christmas, I'd grab one myself, but I'm all out of funds.

3. A couple people were asking about Windows 8. The screen resolution on this netbook makes it capable of a Windows 8 upgrade with full access to Metro apps. Plus, you can snag Windows 8 for extremely cheap at the moment - around $30 - so this would still probably be a better deal than most Windows 8 netbooks. That said, don't upgrade to Windows 8 because it's stupid.