LEM-

quality posts: 147 Private Messages LEM-
dinglebunny wrote:Woot has given me a tracking number, but when I attempt to track the package, I get this error message:

Does this mean that I will not be able to track the laptop and ensure I am home to receive it? Mail/package theft is a problem in our neighborhood.

I received my tracking number also. When I click on it at Woot site it kicks me into USPS tracking. However the actual shipment is in FedEx SmartPost hands. That means USPS will get the tracking number at the very last stage of shipping process, when they receive the package from FedEx. This usually happens a day or two before delivery if not on that day.

Take your trakcing number and enter it into FedEx tracking system, and you may get the tracking information. Then keep checking USPS to see when the package is handed over to them.

Keep in mind that estimated delivery date on FedEx is just that - Estimated. Don't plan your vacation on that day, it may arrive a day before or after. Usually when USPS shows status of "Out for delivery" that's the only time you may be sure you're getting it that day.

mother

quality posts: 15 Private Messages mother
LEM- wrote:I received my tracking number also. When I click on it at Woot site it kicks me into USPS tracking. However the actual shipment is in FedEx SmartPost hands. That means USPS will get the tracking number at the very last stage of shipping process, when they receive the package from FedEx. This usually happens a day or two before delivery if not on that day.

Take your trakcing number and enter it into FedEx tracking system, and you may get the tracking information. Then keep checking USPS to see when the package is handed over to them.

Keep in mind that estimated delivery date on FedEx is just that - Estimated. Don't plan your vacation on that day, it may arrive a day before or after. Usually when USPS shows status of "Out for delivery" that's the only time you may be sure you're getting it that day.

*DING**DING**DING* We have a winner.

Thanks, that worked like a charm.

TT- new bug for the code monkeys? FedEx Smartpost != USPS, and USPS won't show tracking info for it.

dinglebunny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dinglebunny

LEM- -- thank you for the very helpful reply. It does indeed show up through the FedEx tracker.

Woot -- you guys ought to be paying LEM-, if you're not already

LEM-

dinglebunny wrote:LEM- -- thank you for the very helpful reply. It does indeed show up through the FedEx tracker.

You are very welcome!

Woot -- you guys ought to be paying LEM-, if you're not already

I ain't need no pay from Woot (ummm, Ok, how much?). All I ask is to bring the good old BоC experience back! Just like it used to be in the good ol' days! Straight forward, on the Woot site... That would be the best reward ever (and I'm sure not just for me alone)!

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Volunteer Moderator

LEM- wrote:I ain't need no pay from Woot (ummm, Ok, how much?). All I ask is to bring the good old BоC experience back! Just like it used to be in the good ol' days! Straight forward, on the Woot site... That would be the best reward ever (and I'm sure not just for me alone)!

BMOR

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BMOR

Got mine today, regular shipping, via Fedex+USPS, in spite of the somewhat nasty weather we've had over the last couple of days here in central Maryland.

It's a replacement for my wife's netbook and looks like a good upgrade in all respects - better speed, better screen size and much better keyboard, with acceptable size and weight gain.

In this model, Lenovo has pared some of the hardware down to what's really needed: no disk activity light, no battery charge indicator, no CAPS lock light, no pseudo number keypad, so no NUM lock light, the power/sleep indicator is the dot over the "i" in the Thinkpad logo, etc. All necessary info is available, but on screen via Windows vs. the hardware. Nice job, Lenovo.

Now the fun part begins - de-crapification, endless Win7 updates, software installs, moving data, etc. etc. ...

Qlaras

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Qlaras

Received mine last Thursday (Dec 20th) - 2x4GB of RAM arrived same day, so installed that. Ended up picking up an SSD - Intel 520 series.

NOTE FOR THOSE LOOKING TO REPLACE THE HDD: You WILL need a 7mm tall drive. (Normal laptop drives are 9.5mm tall) - pay attention to what you get to replace it.

LEM-

Despite Woot not letting me pay them extra $5 for expedited shipping, the laptop arrived on 12/22 - well before Christmas. I got an Intel version with 4 gigs of RAM. Opened up the back and found that it had 1x4G sodimm and an empty slot, so I ordered just one of this one from Amazon. Just received it and it installed nicely and easily, so I now have maxed out memory for just over $20 (with tax).

elvestinkle

quality posts: 3 Private Messages elvestinkle

Got the Intel version super speedily, despite not being able to get 2-day shipping. It runs like a champ. It even runs Minecraft, and barely breaks a sweat!

BMOR

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BMOR
LEM- wrote:Despite Woot not letting me pay them extra $5 for expedited shipping, the laptop arrived on 12/22 - well before Christmas. I got an Intel version with 4 gigs of RAM. Opened up the back and found that it had 1x4G sodimm and an empty slot, so I ordered just one of this one from Amazon. Just received it and it installed nicely and easily, so I now have maxed out memory for just over $20 (with tax).

Thanks for pointing that out! In my experience it's been unusual to find an open memory slot in an off the shelf laptop. With no replaced memory module(s) to dispose of, this PC becomes an even better deal. And thanks for providing the Amazon link as well!

lightningkelly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lightningkelly

Worked great for a month but...
my son's blue screened and says operating system not found. Not sure what to do about it. Would this be covered under warranty?

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 155 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Volunteer Moderator

lightningkelly wrote:Worked great for a month but...
my son's blue screened and says operating system not found. Not sure what to do about it. Would this be covered under warranty?

Yes, there is a 1 year Lenovo warranty. I recommend that you contact their Support Page and see if they can help remedy the issue.

If they're unable to assist you, please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and they'll be glad to answer any questions or concerns you may have.

lightningkelly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lightningkelly

Spent half hour Thursday negotiating their web site to create account and open support ticket. Did not get response and just checked to see ticket status is closed. Not happy camper. I'll email woot support with ticket number and maybe you can assist. Thanks.

ROGETRAY wrote:Yes, there is a 1 year Lenovo warranty. I recommend that you contact their Support Page and see if they can help remedy the issue.

If they're unable to assist you, please feel free to email into Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and they'll be glad to answer any questions or concerns you may have.