WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Organize Your Garage

Your garage. Probably a chaotic abyss of infinite despair and little organization. A realm in which logistics and convenience cease to have meaning, an Escherian dreamscape haunted by the impossible complexities of a material modern life, chipping away at what's left of your psyche. But Akro-Mils can help. Quit staring into the abyss and start organizing it.

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

How do you store your things? In the garage, storage unit, or spare closet?

I'm just hanging out, really.

ertolsma

quality posts: 13 Private Messages ertolsma

Are these things stackable if I don't get the louvered panel?

DaveD1420

quality posts: 7 Private Messages DaveD1420
ertolsma wrote:Are these things stackable if I don't get the louvered panel?

Not sure if they are stackable, but the louvered panel has lips into which the back end of the bin fits. Hold your hands in front of you like an opera singer, one palm up with fingers curled, the other joining that one, but palm down with fingers curled. Yeah, you're doing it! YOU'RE DOING IT!

Like that.

sayruh62

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sayruh62
ertolsma wrote:Are these things stackable if I don't get the louvered panel?

http://www.akro-mils.com/Products/Industrial/Standard-Storage-Bins/AkroBins.aspx

The pic from the manufacturer website looks like it!

EDIT: Oh, and the Woot description says so, too.

chubbyotter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chubbyotter

I like the choice of masculine colors for my garage.

Teal, purple, salmon, and baby blue...

johnt007871

quality posts: 8 Private Messages johnt007871

I'm surrounded by these at work. I don't want these anywhere near my house.

narquespamley

quality posts: 24 Private Messages narquespamley

These bins are awesome. I have probably 50 Akro bins in my house of varying sizes - in the garage, my office, the pantry, the hall closet. They do stack easily on shelves. Since they have square sides, they are more volumetrically efficient than many other bin designs. Another feature is that the 11x11x5 is exactly twice the area of the 11x5x5 so you can mix them in the same area. I have a lot of these two sizes - 2 deep they fit perfectly on 24" deep shelving, which is also what a lot of garage cabinets are. I use them for hardware, batteries, chargers, cables, camera supplies, office supplies, computer supplies, candy bars, baking supplies - you name it. They're industrial quality, relatively easy to wash, and basically indestructible. And these prices are very, very good. The colors - well - decide for yourself.

jcerullo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jcerullo
DaveD1420 wrote:Not sure if they are stackable, but the louvered panel has lips into which the back end of the bin fits. Hold your hands in front of you like an opera singer, one palm up with fingers curled, the other joining that one, but palm down with fingers curled. Yeah, you're doing it! YOU'RE DOING IT!

Like that.

I love this reply so much.

Demonius

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Demonius
johnt007871 wrote:I'm surrounded by these at work. I don't want these anywhere near my house.

Same here.

bparman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bparman
chubbyotter wrote:I like the choice of masculine colors for my garage.

That's what I was thinking, didn't really like the color choice.

btalarczyk

quality posts: 3 Private Messages btalarczyk

I actually need these for my new basement workshop. I didn't know I needed these until I saw them listed here but what a great idea to organize all my stuff!

This really sucks that the wall plates are already sold out. Kinda makes the rest of the items useless. They should have listed more quantity of the wall plates and single strip hangers because I'm not gonna buy just the bins and try to find the wall plates for retail price at some big box store.

This would have been a great impulse purchase but if I can't get the wall plates then the rest is just useless.

TheCK

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TheCK
btalarczyk wrote:I actually need these for my new basement workshop. I didn't know I needed these until I saw them listed here but what a great idea to organize all my stuff!

This really sucks that the wall plates are already sold out. Kinda makes the rest of the items useless. They should have listed more quantity of the wall plates and single strip hangers because I'm not gonna buy just the bins and try to find the wall plates for retail price at some big box store.

This would have been a great impulse purchase but if I can't get the wall plates then the rest is just useless.

AGREED!!!

--TheCK

tadef

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tadef
btalarczyk wrote:I actually need these for my new basement workshop. I didn't know I needed these until I saw them listed here but what a great idea to organize all my stuff!

Amen.

mkiisupraman18

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mkiisupraman18

Woot faster next time.

http://www.amazon.com/AKRO-MILS-Louvered-Panel-Wall-Mount-Rack/dp/B004W63YRY

$4 more after shipping.

Ubie

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Ubie
johnt007871 wrote:I'm surrounded by these at work. I don't want these anywhere near my house.

^ this.

akrostan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages akrostan

Stan from Akro-Mils here - Thanks Woot community for your support.

The louvered panels and rail systems can be purchased from any Akro-Mils distributor.

I might suggest you look here for louvered panels: Akro-Mils louvered panels on Amazon.com

Here is a link for the rail:
Akro-Mils rail for mounting AkroBins on Amazon.com

Let me know if I may answer any questions.

Secunza

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Secunza

+1 Same here

skou

quality posts: 20 Private Messages skou

And, these are better than the milk crates I "borrow" from work, how?

steve

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 554 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

chubbyotter wrote:I like the choice of masculine colors for my garage.

Wait a minute. If you're a man, aren't they blue, purple, red, and another blue?

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

woo545

quality posts: 1 Private Messages woo545

Use these to organize your legos!

ArtWorksMetal

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ArtWorksMetal

And how are these better than piling everything up in piles and jamming them into a closet and slamming the door shut quickly before it all falls down and escapes like 'The Blob', only with potentially sharp objects?

Asceticism is for those that can't afford Hedonism.

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial

How are the wall plates mounted? Screws into wall studs?

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

akrostan

neuropsychosocial wrote:How are the wall plates mounted? Screws into wall studs?

Stan from Akro-Mils here again.

We do recommend that the panels/rails be mounted into some sort of solid surface or furring strip.

Here is a link to the instructions that are included with the panel:http://www.akro-mils.com/AkroMils/files/c5/c544aca9-69be-4e20-8aff-8102ed9b580f.pdf

I hope that answers your question,

Stan

btalarczyk

quality posts: 3 Private Messages btalarczyk
ThunderThighs wrote:Wait a minute. If you're a man, aren't they blue, purple, red, and another blue?

Touché

I was wondering if anyone would catch that! I had to google "Teal" just to be sure!

katrogii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages katrogii

How much weight can these bins hold before they warp?

akrostan

katrogii wrote:How much weight can these bins hold before they warp?

Great question! These are industrial grade bins and designed to hold anywhere from 10lbs to 75lbs each depending upon the size.

You can check out the full range in the chart on the bottom of this product page: http://www.akro-mils.com/Products/Industrial/Standard-Storage-Bins/AkroBins.aspx

Hope that answers your question,

Stan

marscion

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marscion

Garrr, all sold out. Ten dollars American says all today's wooters are small business owners trying to get 'Lean' and buying in bulk. Best of luck, y'all.

BetterThanTheRest

quality posts: 4 Private Messages BetterThanTheRest

Both panels sold out. Same geniuses working at woot who give us these great products with only 5 available in their entire inventory. Hooray!

Odds are, I probably already bought today's Shirt Woot... hahaha. I <3 Threadless :D If you need discounts for TL, just PM me! I AM NOT AFFILIATED WITH THREADLESS, I DO NOT WORK FOR THEM, I DO NOT REALLY CARE ABOUT THEM. I JUST LIKE GOOD LOOKING DESIGNER SHIRTS AND I LIKE PAYING GOOD PRICES !!!

haydesigner

quality posts: 15 Private Messages haydesigner
ThunderThighs wrote:Wait a minute. If you're a man, aren't they blue, purple, red, and another blue?

Ooh, completely and totally FTW!

impact9

quality posts: 3 Private Messages impact9

What the?!@?!? Already sold out?!?!

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben

impressive how much people are paying for some plastic (even though it is durable)

scottv67

quality posts: 1 Private Messages scottv67
andreaserben wrote:impressive how much people are paying for some plastic (even though it is durable)

My contact lenses are just "some plastic" that is carved into a special shape. You should see what I pay for those...