3%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
eneloop 8pk AA with 4-Position Charger
$22.99 + $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Guybrush01

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Guybrush01

Wow, these are pricey! Are they worth it?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ATTENTION!!!

Note that if you want it in time for Christmas, you must choose

TWO-DAY SHIPPING

NOTE: Expedited shipping is not available to all areas or at all times. Our order system checks immediately with your closest FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) warehouse to see if they can pull & ship the order in time to meet the 2-day shipping promise. The first deadline is in just a few hours.

You might try later in the day - after about 11am to noon Central. That's after the first deadline and they have 24-hour before the next deadline. It bumps delivery out a day but it will still be two days.

No promises but it's worth a try.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

CooperDude

quality posts: 10 Private Messages CooperDude
Guybrush01 wrote:Wow, these are pricey! Are they worth it?

The greatest thing about eneloop batteries certainly isn't their color. It's that they will hold their charge for an extraordinary time and that they can be recharged so many times over the years. That's what sets them apart from typical rechargable batteries...and why they're so expensive.

wings2004

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wings2004

If you already have a charger I would say they aren't worth it. I just bought a ten pack from amazon here for the same price and prime shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005VTEWB8

Also the "new" eneloop batteries say they are good for 1500 recharges and the old ones were 1000, so which are these?

Darksoul13

quality posts: 12 Private Messages Darksoul13

Please tell me I can get the non fabulous type of battery. I just want something that does not sparkle please.

Silly Rabbit......

aerios01

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aerios01

yes, these are worth the price considering they keep their charge for a long time after few thousands charges. i already have these types and i they are great. these will be cheaper over time when compared to other rechargeable batteries.

pmurray63

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pmurray63

They hold their charge a lot longer than other rechargeables ... which may make them worthwhile to you.

I have some I bought at Costco with the same or a similar charger. One side of the recharger stopped working, but the batteries are doing fine.

Wooting since August 2004

y3lh5a

quality posts: 9 Private Messages y3lh5a

I've been using eneloops for game controllers for years, and they are excellent at holding charges -- much better than any other rechargeable battery I've used. If I didn't already have a huge collection of them I'd get more.

38 woots and counting over 7+ years.

woothogger

quality posts: 2 Private Messages woothogger

I love these! I've been using these for almost 2 years now, both sparkle-y and non-sparkle-y, and I'm thoroughly spoiled by the way they hold their charge! The advantage of the sparkle-y ones is that it's easy for the kids to remember that we don't toss these in the recycling bag!

aerios01

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aerios01
Darksoul13 wrote:Please tell me I can get the non fabulous type of battery. I just want something that does not sparkle please.

lol, simple wrap them with paper or ductape. anyway there are great to keep kids amused though i would not recommend.

Darksoul13

Truth be told I may just get another set. Bought the 20 pack on BF week on Amazon.

Right out of the pack they work and then you can charge them.

Silly Rabbit......

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 586 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Darksoul13 wrote:Please tell me I can get the non fabulous type of battery. I just want something that does not sparkle please.

Sparkle FTW. You must have sparkle!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

CuzzinMerl

quality posts: 24 Private Messages CuzzinMerl

I'm happy with my eneloops. Good batteries. But don't expect to charge them in 20 minutes. It takes hours. They come pre-charged.

woothogger

quality posts: 2 Private Messages woothogger
wings2004 wrote:If you already have a charger I would say they aren't worth it. I just bought a ten pack from amazon here for the same price and prime shipping.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005VTEWB8

Also the "new" eneloop batteries say they are good for 1500 recharges and the old ones were 1000, so which are these?

I don't think the "old" ones ever came in the "sparkle" finish.

tesla33

quality posts: 57 Private Messages tesla33

Many NiMH batteries will last for thousands of charges, at least if not abused. Eneloops are the Gold Standard, though. The biggest advantage is that they still have 85% of their charge after one year of storage (at room temperature). The real retail value of this set (in plain white), if you know where to look, is about $45, so they are still about half off. And, uh, colorful...

Tip for longer life: don't fast-charge NiMH batteries unless you really have to. The charger that comes with them takes about 4 hours, and that's a pretty good charge rate for them.

deemery

quality posts: 2 Private Messages deemery

I got the iGo Green rechargeable alkaline batteries on a previous Woot about 6 months ago, and the've been a big disappointment. They don't hold much charge any more. These seem to be a different NiMH technology.

alannon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alannon

These are OK, but:

The same charger from Amazon (viewing only prime items) is $14. The AA batteries run about $2 a cell for second-gen (1500 charges, instead of 1000 like these).

These, after factoring out the charger, come to $1 a cell.

Now, realistically, how often will you actually charge a battery? If you do it once a month, these would still last about 80 years. Most people probably discharge batteries once a year or less.

So, having used both, I'd say this is a great starter pack for most people.

As for being sparkly; they're going to be inside something anyway.

Darksoul13

ThunderThighs wrote:Sparkle FTW. You must have sparkle!

No problems here. These batteries hold up well with or without Sparkle. Can I get these shipped to a Amazon Locker? Seems I have been a bit too Santa and will have trouble. Work is out of the question as you actually need a write up to walk out with anything.

Silly Rabbit......

bdriver009

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bdriver009

These purdy batteries were allegedly limited production back in 2010 for their anniversary. The newer ones are cheaper on Amazon ($17.89 sans charger but those are pretty cheap).

craigthom

quality posts: 63 Private Messages craigthom

These batteries are the good stuff.

The price is OK for.just the batteries. The charger probably isn't great and isn't going to help you get the most from the batteries.

So if you don't have a charger and don't intend to spend another $30 for one, then this is a decent deal.

tesla33

CuzzinMerl wrote:I'm happy with my eneloops. Good batteries. But don't expect to charge them in 20 minutes. It takes hours. They come pre-charged.

They can be fast charged in a fast charger, although it really isn't good for them to do it often, and I suggest you don't use a charger that takes less than one hour, at the very fastest. Two hours is better, and the four hours the Eneloop charger takes is better still, if you don't need them fast. It's better to have more of them sitting around charged and ready to go than to keep fast-charging a pair or two of them.

Hoser768

quality posts: 10 Private Messages Hoser768

Eneloops are the gold standard of rechargeable batteries. $3 a piece plus a charger is not expensive.

I'm in for 2.

Listen to me now, or hear me say "I told you so" later.

Darksoul13

deemery wrote:I got the iGo Green rechargeable alkaline batteries on a previous Woot about 6 months ago, and the've been a big disappointment. They don't hold much charge any more. These seem to be a different NiMH technology.

These hands down work well. Used the high end or max batteries for a Nikon backup battery pack down to an remotes. Best thing to do is have many spares to avoid charging.
They will hold there charge after charging though.

http://us.sanyo.com/Battery-Products

Silly Rabbit......

ShadowVFX

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ShadowVFX

Does the charging station plug directly into a wall socket, or is it corded?

scottman54

quality posts: 34 Private Messages scottman54

Just clicking into this discussion, it launched a new browser window with some weird url and a warning that "microsoft virus" has found critical process....

Wondering if it came from whatever was trying to load for the adchoices banner ad in the lower right of the page.

Dragonpetite

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Dragonpetite

Eneloops are completely and totally worth it. The charger is awesome and will light solid green when the batteries are ready. And the charge lasts a very, very long time.

That being said, unless glitter colors are worth about $40 to you, Amazon has a charger for $13 and an 8-pack AA (white) for $17, both on SuperSaver/Prime for free shipping.

Overloaded

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Overloaded

Aren't these the limited edition Eneloops? I see to remember that the wild colors were done only for a special release.

mdavies

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mdavies

even with the charger these are a disappointing price. It's not a high quality charger (like the lacrosse ones). You can get two chargers, and 8 batteries for the same price http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Precharged-Rechargeable-Batteries-Adapters/dp/B004NSUMTO

Note that these are the same style as the eneloop - long-duration charge, not the usual ones that lose their charge quickly (although some reviews say they drop their charge faster than the eneloops)

Overloaded

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Overloaded
Overloaded wrote:Aren't these the limited edition Eneloops? I see to remember that the wild colors were done only for a special release.

Found it!
http://www.engadget.com/2010/10/26/sanyo-glams-up-eneloop-batteries-for-fifth-anniversary/

5th anniversary colors.

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys

WOO-HOO!!!! Finally Eneloop FTW!

As others have stated before on this discussion, and I and others have stated many times during previous woot! sales of other branded rechargeable discussions, Eneloops are SIMPLY THE BEST. You can't go wrong with these!

eatingjuice

quality posts: 7 Private Messages eatingjuice

I recommend getting a good charger like the ones la crosse makes, but those batteries are a god send.

deesam

quality posts: 1 Private Messages deesam

Have been using these for years in digital cameras and flash units...The spares hold charges for months and can get well over a thousand pictures sans flash...Bit more expensive since I bought mine, but well worth it...David

killher

quality posts: 1 Private Messages killher

Does anybody know if this is the charger that will allow you to charge just one battery at a time or do you have to charge in pairs?

Darksoul13

mdavies wrote:even with the charger these are a terrible price. It's not a high quality charger. You can get two chargers, and 8 batteries for the same price http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Precharged-Rechargeable-Batteries-Adapters/dp/B004NSUMTO/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1355897880&sr=8-7&keywords=precharged+batteries

Note that these are the same style as the eneloop - long-duration charge, not the usual ones that lose their charge quickly. And I think I read somewhere that these are, in fact, manufactured by eneloop (sanyo).

Nah, just read one of the reviews these drop off quicker.

Silly Rabbit......

neuropsychosocial

quality posts: 171 Private Messages neuropsychosocial
ThunderThighs wrote:Sparkle FTW. You must have sparkle!

Sparkle!

ThunderThighs, your gifs are the highlight of my holiday season.

RIP A.A. Blanks (Obituary)

tesla33

Just to keep expectations reasonable, Eneloops do share a flaw with most other rechargeable batteries: the 1.2 volt average voltage will cause many devices like typical digital cameras to shut down with most of the charge still unused. This is because the device thinks that 1.2, (or 1.99) volts means "dead."

Nickel-zinc batteries, with their 1.6 volt output, are better for devices that were designed for alkaline battery voltages, which average about 1.3 volts after they are used a bit. That being said, Eneloops do a bit better than most other NiMH batteries in cameras.

mdavies

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mdavies
Darksoul13 wrote:Nah, just read one of the reviews these drop off quicker.

I just read that same review. I have both kinds - I actually have these exact batteries. I just checked my receipt - I paid $23.15 for these on Dec 26, 2011. I guess I should rephrase my post - this is a reasonable price for these batteries, but not spectacular - i.e. not really on par with woot offerings.

craigthom

quality posts: 63 Private Messages craigthom
tesla33 wrote:They can be fast charged in a fast charger, although it really isn't good for them to do it often, and I suggest you don't use a charger that takes less than one hour, at the very fastest. Two hours is better, and the four hours the Eneloop charger takes is better still, if you don't need them fast. It's better to have more of them sitting around charged and ready to go than to keep fast-charging a pair or two of them.

A smart charger that detects when they are charged, rather than just charging a fixed amoint of time, is even better. That way you can charge quickly without fear of damage.