danlecompte

quality posts: 2 Private Messages danlecompte
tavi360 wrote:list price $60? I bought this in china for like $7 incl batteries, i guess smart companies charge whatever people are willing to pay

You bought counterfeit batteries from China if you got these for $7. I would be embarrassed to admit I got taken like that but maybe that's just how you roll.

gusvonpooch

quality posts: 24 Private Messages gusvonpooch
tavi360 wrote:list price $60? I bought this in china for like $7 incl batteries, i guess smart companies charge whatever people are willing to pay

I'm just pleased you bought something,China or elsewhere. Good luck with your new batteries.

pukeboy

quality posts: 5 Private Messages pukeboy

Beware the crappy chargers. Repeated use will reduce the capacity of your batteries, and using the cheap charger even ONCE may be enough.

I record the date of every time I charge my batteries because I'm a bit crazy like that.

I have some first-gen eneloops (bought the batteries, plus a Maha MH-C9000 smart charger in 2009, the batteries also came with cheap chargers) and here's the charge cycles of a typical AAA (used exclusively in TV/stereo remote controls) since new:

Charge 1, 2009/12/17
Refresh cycle on MH-C9000
Reported capacity after charge: 761 mAh

Charge 2, 2010/01/02
Reported capacity after charge: 795 mAh

Charge 3, 2010/05/01
Charged on Cheapo Charger
Reported capacity after charge: N/A

Charge 4, 2010/11/16
Reported capacity after charge: 833 mAh

Charge 5, 2011/05/23

Charge 6, 2011/11/16

Charge 7, 2012/04/14

Charge 8, 2012/11/07
Reported capacity after charge: 693 mAh

Almost all of my batteries are showing about 100 mAh capacity drop after three charge cycles in a row on a cheap charger. One use of the cheap charger didn't seem to affect the AAAs.

But the AAs showed reduced capacity after just ONE charge cycle on the cheap charger.

Avoid the cheap chargers like the plague. A good charger is worth every bit it costs.

You're on probation!

You've been put on posting probation for this post for this reason: Inappropriate and gross post. Deleted multiple times for a reason. 48h

Please stare at the scary cartoon dog for 48 hours and then try posting again.

Samus

quality posts: 20 Private Messages Samus
iGGz wrote:lol WOW

These are WAYYY overpriced.

I just bought:
Sanyo eneloop Power Pack Starter Kit in Blue Case: 2nd Generation for $39.95 + free shipping @

http://goo.gl/sjPzJ

Included:

4-Position Charger
8 x AA eneloop Rechargeable Batteries
2 x AAA eneloop Rechargeable Batteries
2 x "C" Spacers / Adapters
2 x "D" Spacers / Adapters
Carrying Case

Woot is trying to screw you...

....hard.

So you got the same kit with 2 extra batteries and some spacers for $12 more. Seems like a fair trade-off. I wouldn't consider the deal woot has as 'screwing' anybody...

I have eneloop's and they are by far the most reliable rechargables I've ever had. I've tried the Lenmar 'ready charge' batteries that supposedly also hold their charge for a year; there is no comparison. Sanyo has the chemistry for a ready-use rechargeable down. They last quite a while (I think they're around 2000mah) and I've pulled them from the storage bin where they had been sitting for what could have been years and they still had 50%+ charge in them.

Great batteries. $28 bucks is a reasonable cost of entry. Costco might have a bigger kit for $40, but you might not need anything but a bunch of AA's.

trinsf

quality posts: 3 Private Messages trinsf
cjmoran wrote:Ha, Woot editing posts again. I wondered what got stuck, the batteries in the thing or the thing in her.

The batteries in the thing. At some point much later, she even showed it to me, and I tried to get the batteries out, but they were in some kind of framework attached to the "lid" of the unit, and had gotten stuck on something and would not budge. I eventually had to give up, as trying to find what was caught had caused some damaged to the battery casing, and I was worried it had damaged the batteries themselves.

ckyvick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ckyvick

I got a charger in the mail today, without batteries... Do they come separately?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 584 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

ckyvick wrote:I got a charger in the mail today, without batteries... Do they come separately?

Yes, they do. If you look in "Stuff you Bought", you should see two tracking numbers. Give it another couple mail days for it to arrive. Remember, we have a mail holiday this week.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ckyvick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ckyvick
ThunderThighs wrote:Yes, they do. If you look in "Stuff you Bought", you should see two tracking numbers. Give it another couple mail days for it to arrive. Remember, we have a mail holiday this week.

Got e'm today, look great. Thanks WOOT! You are my favorite holiday.

bmahmoud

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bmahmoud

i bought those eneloop from woot, two days now 48 hours and they still charging with red lights on. i am thinking of returning them

Brode30

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Brode30

Got that package today and love these batteries. Same exact ones I use in my camera flashes. Dropped them into my smart charger and it said they are all fully charged. Saw that they had a 2012 manufacture date. They are now in the camera bag for rotation as backup for the camera or regular use in the flash. 32 of these things total should hold me over for any event I'm at.

1. 2/8/2008 Logitech MM32 Speaker (sellout.woot)
  2. 1/25/2008 Vandalized Turtle (Shirt.woot)
  3. 1/11/2008 The Best Thing Since (Shirt.woot)
  4. 12/29/2007 XtremeMac Portable Battery Pack for iPods
  5. 12/26/2007 Random Crap: 2008 Calendar Edition
  6. 7/20/2007 Belkin Wireless MediaPilot Keyboard
  7. 4/17/2007 Delphi USB 2.0 Lighted Cable - 4-Pack
  8. 4/04/2007 Belkin TuneSync Dock and 5-Port USB Hub
  9. 3/23/2007 SanDisk 256 MB MP3/WMA Player with FM Tuner and Voice Recorder

kwstillson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kwstillson

I am having the same issue... When I initially received them the lights turned on for all eight batteries and stayed on after 24hr+ of charging. Maybe the red LED's being on indicate that the batteries are fully charged.. doesn't seem logical, but based on plastic LED lens being red it isn't going to change colors to indicate full or no charge. Will need to verify this with a pair of batteries that I have been using for the past several days and see what the charger indicates with those.

bmahmoud wrote:i bought those eneloop from woot, two days now 48 hours and they still charging with red lights on. i am thinking of returning them

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

kwstillson wrote:I am having the same issue... When I initially received them the lights turned on for all eight batteries and stayed on after 24hr+ of charging. Maybe the red LED's being on indicate that the batteries are fully charged.. doesn't seem logical, but based on plastic LED lens being red it isn't going to change colors to indicate full or no charge. Will need to verify this with a pair of batteries that I have been using for the past several days and see what the charger indicates with those.

hmm. sorry about that.
if you suspect they're defunct, contact the manufacturer (i assume it's eneloop) or email Support@Woot.com and we'll make sure you get things straightened out.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

kwstillson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kwstillson

Tried the batteries that have been used in the charger at the LED still comes on. Will have to contact support. Thanks.

PemberDucky wrote:hmm. sorry about that.
if you suspect they're defunct, contact the manufacturer (i assume it's eneloop) or email Support@Woot.com and we'll make sure you get things straightened out.