WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Prepare for the End of the World

No one knows how or when the world's gonna end, but one thing's for sure: there will probably be a lot of owies. So, y'know, a First Aid Kit wouldn't be a bad idea.

Quality Posts

ledastray

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ledastray

Woot,

do you have sizes of the First Aid kit cases?

Thanks.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Let's find out for you! How else are you preparing for the end of the world?

I'm just hanging out, really.

TheCheshire

quality posts: 1 Private Messages TheCheshire

Just going to mention here, the Mayans say nothing about "something bad happening" on the 21st. I could go into detail here, but suffice it to say their extremely accurate celestial calendar has been blown out of proportion and monetized by pseudo-scientists and "historians". Anyway, regardless, its always good to be prepared! :D ...anything can happen ;)

inkycatz

We are most certain if you survive the end of the world these first aid kits will be a must. But if you need to know how much room to save... we're here for you.
121 Piece Kit = 10" x 5.5" x 3"
85 Piece Kit = 7.75" x 6" x 3"
53 Piece Kit = 6.5" x 5.5" x 2"

Those are approximate measurements by the way...within a 1/4 inch or so. If you're packing that close, well, keep it in mind. (Don't pack that close, you'll never get things back in the way you put them in originally, okay?)

ledastray

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ledastray
inkycatz wrote:We are most certain if you survive the end of the world these first aid kits will be a must. But if you need to know how much room to save... we're here for you.
121 Piece Kit = 10" x 5.5" x 3"
85 Piece Kit = 7.75" x 6" x 3"
53 Piece Kit = 6.5" x 5.5" x 2"

Those are approximate measurements by the way...within a 1/4 inch or so. If you're packing that close, well, keep it in mind. (Don't pack that close, you'll never get things back in the way you put them in originally, okay?)

Thanks. I'm not actually worried about the world ending, but the small one is probably big enough to keep some basics in the tool box without crushing the supplies.

jonryan18

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jonryan18

So if the world is ending on Friday what use will these kits and supplies be in a barren uninhabited wasteland? Furthermore, who will be delivering the packages or is Woot overnighting them?

nmchapma

quality posts: 23 Private Messages nmchapma
jonryan18 wrote:So if the world is ending on Friday what use will these kits and supplies be in a barren uninhabited wasteland? Furthermore, who will be delivering the packages or is Woot overnighting them?

This stuff is for the next world ending, not this week's.

Anyone have one of these multitools?

I'm curious as to how well the locking mechanism works. I have a SOG and I love it but its bulky.

gloryhound421

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gloryhound421

Anyone know if the first aid kits are latex free? Thanks.

Squirrelhunter70

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Squirrelhunter70

End of the world supplies event ends on December 21st. Clever woot.

inkycatz

inkycatz

gloryhound421 wrote:Anyone know if the first aid kits are latex free? Thanks.

We're checking for you.

aznxkhm3rboi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aznxkhm3rboi

Is there an expiration date on this kit?

I've bought a kit before that had less than a year left on it... smart enough to check the bottom of the box now =)

aliusa

quality posts: 7 Private Messages aliusa

The multitool looks a lot like the Home Depot leatherman brand -- same price. HD comes with a smaller keychain tool too. The blade is SHARP! Be careful!

Un0fficial

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Un0fficial

To anyone who bought multiples of these. I'm a professional storm chaser, and could really use this as a spare in my car. If you bought multiple and wouldn't mind parting with one pm me.

Intrepid Wooter
58 total woots including (Not all listed)
12/1/2010, 4/1/2011, 7/12/2011, 9/14/2011, 12/6/2011, 12/25/2011, 3/22/2012, 4/24/2012, 5/22/2012, 6/26/2012, 7/12/2012(5x), 8/21/2013, 12/3/2013, 1/15/2014, 4/22/2014, 6/2/2014 Bags of Crap

BigNick73

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BigNick73

Description says vinyl gloves and in the picture the bandaides say latex free on the front of the box (in yellow top left of the blue portion)

omnitravis

quality posts: 5 Private Messages omnitravis
aznxkhm3rboi wrote:Is there an expiration date on this kit?

I've bought a kit before that had less than a year left on it... smart enough to check the bottom of the box now =)

The last first aid kit(it was a Johnson&Johnson 170 piece during a woot-off) I got had only 2 months before expiration. If I was more of a scrooge I wouldve made a fuss about it.
Now, I am not going to buy things like that before asking what the exp. date is first. So please, woot, what is the expiration date on these?

Figit090

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Figit090
omnitravis wrote:The last first aid kit(it was a Johnson&Johnson 170 piece during a woot-off) I got had only 2 months before expiration. If I was more of a scrooge I wouldve made a fuss about it.
Now, I am not going to buy things like that before asking what the exp. date is first. So please, woot, what is the expiration date on these?

excellent question!

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 156 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

Figit090 wrote:excellent question!

omnitravis wrote:The last first aid kit(it was a Johnson&Johnson 170 piece during a woot-off) I got had only 2 months before expiration. If I was more of a scrooge I wouldve made a fuss about it.

Good question. Keep in mind that the only things that expire are the items that contain medication such as the antiseptic towlettes and sting relief pads. Medication will always have an expiration date and will need periodic replacement.

Bandages, gauze, and tape won't have an expiration date and will remain good as long as their properly stored.

That said, I'm checking to see if we have an expiration for the medicated items.

Sincerely,
Forum Moderator

BigNick73

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BigNick73
ROGETRAY wrote:
Bandages, gauze, and tape won't have an expiration date and will remain good as long as their properly stored.

Actually all sterile bandages do, I know it's nuts, but I've got a couple small USCG "life boat" fist aid kits that are expired (got them from work for free because of this) There's nothing in them but bandages. They're just not guaranteed to be sterile after that date, nothing wrong with them.

sfstone

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sfstone

Prepare for the End of the World?

pft... as if Woot will even ship anything bought today before 12/21

I think not! LOL

thebestone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thebestone

Regardless, alcohol. Lots of alcohol.

jeffcazier

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jeffcazier
aznxkhm3rboi wrote:Is there an expiration date on this kit?

Ummmmmmm.... Hell-OOOOoooooh!??

The expiration date on them is obviously THIS FRIDAY, 12-21-12!!! Sheesh, I can tell you that without even looking at the package. ;^)

The expiration date on EVERYTHING in the world is this Friday! 8^P

jeffcazier

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jeffcazier

Hey Woot!

How come you show those yellow, sealed food rations-packets in your pictures, but I can't actually buy them from you?! Or is there a link somewhere that I'm just missing??

gchung

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gchung

MRE's are sold by the platter-full to survivalists preparing for the zombie apocalypse.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

jeffcazier wrote:Hey Woot!

How come you show those yellow, sealed food rations-packets in your pictures, but I can't actually buy them from you?! Or is there a link somewhere that I'm just missing??

Sorry, not for sale. They just look great in that photo.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ciabelle

quality posts: 16 Private Messages ciabelle

Yes.. If the world comes to an end the way it oughta*, these will be absolutely useless...

*a nuclear holocaust alongside an asteroid crashing into the planet which creates a huge dust cloud which blocks out the sun while creating a global tsunami and the mountains crashing into the oceans..

I'd love to say that all I'll need is a bottle of booze and a comfy chair to enjoy the show for however long I survive. Sadly though, I'll probably just go to work like any other day. Which is perfectly fine if the world doesn't end.. But that will totally stink if it does. Spend the very last day on earth working at your crappy job..

dreadharn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dreadharn
Un0fficial wrote:To anyone who bought multiples of these. I'm a professional storm chaser, and could really use this as a spare in my car. If you bought multiple and wouldn't mind parting with one pm me.

Why not put together one yourself. I put together one far far better quality and more tailored for my skills for less than $300.00

ThunderThighs

Staff

EXPIRATION DATE

From the buyer:

There is no expiration date displayed on the packaging. I did open one up and found an expiration date of 2016 on the package of one of the pain relievers.

Hope that helps.

••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

subether

quality posts: 3 Private Messages subether
dreadharn wrote:Why not put together one yourself. I put together one far far better quality and more tailored for my skills for less than $300.00

Indeed- I bought a 'nice' first aid kit case from a company that does 'hard use' nylon gear, and populated it with a couple shopping trips to the local pharmacy and outdoor supply store. the most expensive items in my kit are the bag itself @$50, and a pouch of "quik-clot", in the event that either myself, or someone I encounter, is having a really bad day.

DaZoneRanger

quality posts: 44 Private Messages DaZoneRanger

I'd buy some of this stuff, but I don't think it will get here by tomorrow. Oh well, maybe next end of the world....

ThunderThighs

Staff

Sorry for the late reply. Sometimes it takes a bit to hear back from our vendors. They report that the kits are latex free.

dwhisent

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dwhisent

Still not shipped?

bkelly99

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bkelly99

Jan 07/2012 - ITEM STILL NOT SHIPPED

What's the hold up?

Bret Kelly

ThunderThighs

Staff

bkelly99 wrote:Jan 07/2012 - ITEM STILL NOT SHIPPED

What's the hold up?

Sorry for the delay and you are right, it seems late. Please email support@woot.com for assistance. Please include your woot username and order number for faster service.

bkelly99

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bkelly99
bkelly99 wrote:Jan 07/2012 - ITEM STILL NOT SHIPPED

What's the hold up?

>>>

Unexpected REFUND arrived today - NOT SOLICITED

Bret Kelly

ThunderThighs

Staff

bkelly99 wrote:>>>

Unexpected REFUND arrived today - NOT SOLICITED

Check your email. CS will send out an email when that happens. It's sometimes that we didn't get the inventory as planned or some other problem. Sorry for the disappointment.

jazzyrhythms

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jazzyrhythms
ThunderThighs wrote:Check your email. CS will send out an email when that happens. It's sometimes that we didn't get the inventory as planned or some other problem. Sorry for the disappointment.

So... I ordered one and it was refunded. I was happy because woot made up for it....

And then, as luck would have it, I burned my leg with hot oil while cooking. Used up all my gauze and first aid supplies.. sigh - and REALLY could have used the first aid kit that never came. I knew there was a reason I felt like I needed to order this.

That's right. One of the "Honest 200". Arggggg

joecooool

quality posts: 23 Private Messages joecooool

Bought it, fell apart 1.5 years later.