3%
2%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

wootalyzer

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wootalyzer

Wootalyzer's Pricing Post! - The price of today's woot item is saved here for future reference
------------------------------------------------------------
Toshiba CAMILEO 1080p Camcorder 23x Opt
$129.99 + $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day Shipping
Condition: New

*DISCLAIMER* Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

Woot Tang Clan

quality posts: 26 Private Messages Woot Tang Clan

Is this better than getting a bloggie? Looking for a small durable recorder for my son.

kh0143

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kh0143

mdwyerfoo

quality posts: 22 Private Messages mdwyerfoo

Hrm. I think I would pass even at half the price. If this is like the other Toshiba cameras I've seen, then it might actually be the same really terrible white-box device that is sold under such luminary sold-out names as Polaroid and Westinghouse.

At the very least, I wouldn't buy it until someone posts a video showing if it has really bad problems with a rolling shutter.

readymade

quality posts: 19 Private Messages readymade

If the world does indeed end on Friday you'll have the perfect camcorder to record it all for posterity!

I got something better than luck.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 548 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

SHIPPING NOTE

Two-day shipping is automatically calculating out to 12/26.

We are working on getting the tag removed from main photo. [Update: removed]

Due to shipping holidays, only 1-day shipping will arrive by Christmas. (Not available to all areas. May not be available later in the day due to shipping deadlines.)

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

wianthom

quality posts: 2 Private Messages wianthom

Looking at the reviews on Amazon this camera is awful! No 5 stars and many 1 stars.

6 of 6 people found the following review helpful
1.0 out of 5 stars Buyer Beware *** June 4, 2012
By Anthony
Amazon Verified Purchase
I had purchased this Camera and am currently in the process of returning it to Amazon for a refund. When the camera was on a tripod stationary within a well lit hall it's auto focus feature would focus, then get blurry, focus, and go back and forth throughout the entire recording - defiantly not a feature you would want and no way to disable auto focus either. In addition, if the battery gets low I also discovered you cannot have it plugged in and record at the same time; I have never heard of a camcorder like this. Toshiba advised I upgrade the firmware and I did, this did not help anything. Do not buy this camera, I've seen cameras that perform way better for the price.

aroah

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aroah

Video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5q47DIsSuQg
Doesn't look very good.

luke975

quality posts: 13 Private Messages luke975

so much for getting it and reselling on amazon.

I always did like yardsales.

omgitslukky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages omgitslukky

i would buy, it is my birthday, but spent all my money christmas shopping.
the woes of being a "christmas baby"

verucht

quality posts: 1 Private Messages verucht

That has a name one "T" from being very, very wrong.

100% Me, no filler

reveryjim16

quality posts: 0 Private Messages reveryjim16

Wait, did one day shipping run out or is it no longer available?

charliecarroll

quality posts: 104 Private Messages charliecarroll

Toshiba CAMILEO X416 Full HD 1080p 16GB Camcorder with 23x Optical Zoom - Price Comparisons

Today's Woot = $129.99 + $5 Shipping
**Woot Priced $99.96 under next lowest price (B&H) found.

B&H = $234.95 + Ships Free
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/822183-REG/Toshiba_PA3974U_1C8K_Camileo_X416_1080p_HD.html

Amazon = $272.89 + $5.99 Shipping
http://www.amazon.com/Toshibas-CAMILEO-X416-Full-Camcorder/dp/B005LS27HK

Adorama = $249.95 + $9.95 Shipping
http://www.adorama.com/TOCX416.html?utm_term=Other&utm_medium=Shopping%20Site&utm_campaign=Other&utm_source=brate

NOTE:
All prices and suppliers above were found using a random Google search. You own random search may find differing and/or lower prices.

ThunderThighs

Staff

reveryjim16 wrote:Wait, did one day shipping run out or is it no longer available?

Is it returning an error that it's unavailable?

Our order system checks with the FBA (Fulfillment by Amazon) warehouse immediately to see if the order can be filled in time to meet the 1-day shipping request. If not, that shipping option is denied. Sorry for the inconvenience.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

StanleyS

quality posts: 4 Private Messages StanleyS
verucht wrote:That has a name one "T" from being very, very wrong.

As long as one can't spell.

bransonboyds

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bransonboyds

My assessment of this product:
Low price = good?
Can't record while plugged in = virtually useless for events longer than 1-1/2 hours
Messing up a once in a lifetime memory because of poor auto focus = ULTIMATE FAIL!
If you're willing to take a gamble on your priceless memories then this is the camera for you.

(Seriously, I could have captured clearer video through my grandmother's cataracts...)

Rustyh3

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Rustyh3
readymade wrote:If the world does indeed end on Friday you'll have the perfect camcorder to record it all for posterity!

Classic!
Well played.
Thanks for the laugh...

Merry Christmas!

mikelindo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikelindo

After reading the Amazon reviews for this item, it's a no-go for me. Just about every thread includes something about bad focus or battery life. In my experience, Toshiba hasn't produced the most reliable devices anyway.

alpineindustries

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alpineindustries

this woot epitomizes what has become of woot.

rejiii

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rejiii

Amazon reviews are terrible. Run, don't walk, away from this deal.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 93 Private Messages radi0j0hn
Woot Tang Clan wrote:Is this better than getting a bloggie? Looking for a small durable recorder for my son.

How old is your son? That helps determines their understanding of delicate electronics. One of those waterproof Kodaks might be better, for example.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

vipre01

quality posts: 6 Private Messages vipre01

Skipping this one. Thanks but no thanks, Woot.

radi0j0hn

rejiii wrote:Amazon reviews are terrible. Run, don't walk, away from this deal.

I only see 10 reviews on Amazon, not a great sample. It does seem that the AF does not perform well in low light based on those 10 reviews.

However, alarms go off whenever I see the term "blurry." It indicates to me a person who cannot tell the difference between focus concerns, camera shake and subject movement.

One negative review did say the camera did not focus even when mounted on a tripod while used in a well-lit hall. Now THAT's an opinion I trust!

ThunderThighs

Staff

alpineindustries wrote:this woot epitomizes what has become of woot.

Say what? We've always sold items that companies have wanted to liquidate because they were upgrading a model or closing it out. Refurbished items too.

This is totally woot along with all the people sharing the reviews... such as they are.

gftitan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages gftitan

You would think Woot would do their homework before posting a product with some of the worst reviews ever! Even the one guy that gave it a decent review said he can't record with it plugged in, and Toshiba seemed to not know that was an issue! Really? Good grief, Woot! A good deal is only good if it's a decent product!

ManiacDan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ManiacDan
ThunderThighs wrote:Say what? We've always sold items that companies have wanted to liquidate because they were upgrading a model or closing it out.

I believe they're referring to the fact that this item, by all accounts, is crappy and not worth the price regardless of the price point. The amazon reviews almost universally indicate that it does not function properly as a camcorder. I believe "what woot has become," to many wooters, is a place where mistakes are gotten rid of. This camera was poorly designed, poorly manufactured, and is a poor product. A refurbished panasonic camcorder of the same form factor would be fine, that's the old woot, getting us good stuff for cheap. This piece of crap is a trap, according to the reviews and comments in this thread. It's a waste of money and will produce unacceptable videos. It is not something of value.

GrammarYahtzee

quality posts: 8 Private Messages GrammarYahtzee
verucht wrote:That has a name one "T" from being very, very wrong.

The name reminds me too much of the great tragedic play "The King's Cameleopard, or The Royal Nonesuch." It was a tragedy alright, and I reckon that buying this camera is about as much of a value as attending that play was.

ManiacDan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ManiacDan
Woot Tang Clan wrote:Is this better than getting a bloggie? Looking for a small durable recorder for my son.

Are Flip Videos still a thing? That's still a thing, right? I'd get one of those (provided it's still a thing). My grandmother has a flip, and she loves it. Press the red button and point it at your subject for up to 3 hours. Plug it into "the flip video hole" (USB port) when you want to transfer it to facebook, and the interface pops right up.

GTTraveller

quality posts: 7 Private Messages GTTraveller

Does this end up in several of the next go-round of basket of carrots? That might be a good thing.....

Never gotten carrots from Woot, so no idea what all might be included. Me thinks maybe the last of the Toshiba Camileo Camcorders?

thomas998

quality posts: 20 Private Messages thomas998
kh0143 wrote:1.7 out of 5 stars (10 reviews) on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Toshibas-CAMILEO-X416-Full-Camcorder/dp/B005LS27HK

Yep, the first clue it was stink was the failure to even list the sensor size in the specs... That suspicion was then backed up by the horrible reviews. B and H photo also had bad customer reviews.

thomas998

quality posts: 20 Private Messages thomas998
GTTraveller wrote:Does this end up in several of the next go-round of basket of carrots? That might be a good thing.....

Never gotten carrots from Woot, so no idea what all might be included. Me thinks maybe the last of the Toshiba Camileo Camcorders?

I don't think they have bags of crap anymore... well strike, it seems they have them but they are charging more than five bucks for them... this time I think the price is 129.99

powermatt

quality posts: 8 Private Messages powermatt
thomas998 wrote:Yep, the first clue it was stink was the failure to even list the sensor size in the specs... That suspicion was then backed up by the horrible reviews. B and H photo also had bad customer reviews.

Likely it isn't full HD and is just up converting like most cheap "full HD" camcorders. I don't understand how these still sell when most digital cameras these days can give you actually quite good and true full HD for not a lot more.

idle666

quality posts: 0 Private Messages idle666

You can spend $20 more and get yourself a $149 Panasonic Camcorder 70x OPTICAL ZOOM vs. the Toshiba 23x OPTICAL ZOOM. The extra 47x OPTICAL ZOOM power you will much appreciate it!

stefanmoyer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stefanmoyer

The mic input definitely made this tempting since I have a Sennheiser MKE 400, but I think I'll have to save up my pennies for one of the Canon Vixia camcorders.

ejkramer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ejkramer

Did a quick check on Amazon. Amazingly poor reviews. Appears that autofocus is sub-par and exhibits very poor performance in anything other than full lighting. If you can tolerate that (I cannot), $130 is cheap.

okinawa_biker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages okinawa_biker

Amazon.com reviews of this camcorder not good:

http://www.amazon.com/Toshibas-CAMILEO-X416-Full-Camcorder/product-reviews/B005LS27HK/ref=cm_cr_pr_top_helpful?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=0

zandorrr

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zandorrr

I m actually in the market for a decent quality handheld and this price was super appealing but the quality feedback is simply appalling. I wonder what sort of due diligence is performed by the folks who pick the product lineup. Is there a quality vs discount % tradeoff that was used here (well we usually discount 12% but since this product is really terrible, lets bump that to say 40%)? I m guessing that has to be the case since the product reviews universally indicate something that should just be recalled.

radi0j0hn

ManiacDan wrote:Are Flip Videos still a thing? That's still a thing, right? I'd get one of those (provided it's still a thing). My grandmother has a flip, and she loves it. Press the red button and point it at your subject for up to 3 hours. Plug it into "the flip video hole" (USB port) when you want to transfer it to facebook, and the interface pops right up.

They are still around, as are some good Kodaks. Just avoid ones from Sakar, Vivitar, RCA, GE and anything blister packed on a shelf far away from the "real" cameras.

radi0j0hn

stefanmoyer wrote:The mic input definitely made this tempting since I have a Sennheiser MKE 400, but I think I'll have to save up my pennies for one of the Canon Vixia camcorders.

We use Vixia at work with that same mic, and it's great. Not sure about broadcast quality as far as video goes, but the sound of the mic is superb.