WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Optimal Deals on Optoma Projectors

You're not still letting a television take up space in your living room like a SAP, are you? Get a projector! You can have a TV as big as a wall!
Optoma official site

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
Gatzby wrote:How dark is the room going to need to be really enjoy a gaming session with one of these?

I've often wondered that myself...

I'm just hanging out, really.

wenda86

quality posts: 9 Private Messages wenda86

Good deal to prepare a midnight show of the movie "2012", on 22 December 2012. Will one day shipping helps it to arrive on 22 Dec?

waldo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages waldo
wenda86 wrote:Good deal to prepare a midnight show of the movie "2012", on 22 December 2012. Will one day shipping helps it to arrive on 22 Dec?

50 LUMANS!! you better live in a cave

lantern314

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lantern314

I have a small Epson projector which is not as bright as these and it looks great with the ceiling lights on

amemait

quality posts: 10 Private Messages amemait

If only the replacement bulbs weren't so blasted expensive! I'm holding out for a decent LED version.

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys
waldo wrote:50 LUMANS!! you better live in a cave

Don't diss the playtime projector. Yes you need to be in a dark room, or a very dimly lit room, but it works VERY well for what it is. Its great for small children and technically challenged folks because its very easy to use and doesn't get hot.

This review shows the PT-100 being used in dark and no so dark room:

now-what

quality posts: 1 Private Messages now-what

So I was looking at getting one and thinking about a Square Trade plan. Woot is showing it for $99 for 1 year. If I go to their site, projectors are listed under Home Theater and not TV's. The price $69 for 2 years and $89 for 3.

Am I looking at this right? Do I get the projector and then go to Square trade's site to get a 3 year plan?

Thank you for your help.

theguruguys

now-what wrote:So I was looking at getting one and thinking about a Square Trade plan. Woot is showing it for $99 for 1 year. If I go to their site, projectors are listed under Home Theater and not TV's. The price $69 for 2 years and $89 for 3.

Am I looking at this right? Do I get the projector and then go to Square trade's site to get a 3 year plan?

Thank you for your help.

I'm not sure, my experience with SquareTrade was a disappointing one but that was years ago and it appears they have changed for the better. They do have a 'request of quote' on their main page, perhaps you can use that form to see what it says?

Because the risk of bulbs going out is higher than most things they warranty, especially if you don't follow instructions (be sure to let the projector cool down before unplugging it when you turn it off, etc), I would imagine the warranty is priced to account for that.

now-what

theguruguys wrote:I'm not sure, my experience with SquareTrade was a disappointing one but that was years ago and it appears they have changed for the better. They do have a 'request of quote' on their main page, perhaps you can use that form to see what it says?

Because the risk of bulbs going out is higher than most things they warranty, especially if you don't follow instructions (be sure to let the projector cool down before unplugging it when you turn it off, etc), I would imagine the warranty is priced to account for that.

Thank you, I'll try that. The color wheel just broke 3 days ago on my Infocus SP4805 so I'm thinking about the hd23. I hope I can put it in the same place.

now-what

Found my answer:

Can I get coverage for my refurbished or used item?

Answer:

SquareTrade offers Protection Plans directly for new items only. Some of our resellers offer Protection Plans on refurbished items, given that the item was also purchased through that reseller. Used items are only eligible when purchased on eBay.

We do not cover used items from retail stores. We also do not cover any items, regardless of condition, purchased from classified ads, classifieds websites like Craigslist, or other person-to-person sales. Used items are eligible for a 1 year Protection Plan, and may be eligible for a second year for an extra fee. The Protection Plan on a used item begins on day 61 after purchase.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 547 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

now-what wrote:Found my answer:

Can I get coverage for my refurbished or used item?

Answer:

SquareTrade offers Protection Plans directly for new items only. Some of our resellers offer Protection Plans on refurbished items, given that the item was also purchased through that reseller. Used items are only eligible when purchased on eBay.

We do not cover used items from retail stores. We also do not cover any items, regardless of condition, purchased from classified ads, classifieds websites like Craigslist, or other person-to-person sales. Used items are eligible for a 1 year Protection Plan, and may be eligible for a second year for an extra fee. The Protection Plan on a used item begins on day 61 after purchase.

You have to purchase the SquareTrade warranty through us. If you purchase through our link, you can get a protection plan on the refurbished item.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

theguruguys

now-what wrote:Thank you, I'll try that. The color wheel just broke 3 days ago on my Infocus SP4805 so I'm thinking about the hd23. I hope I can put it in the same place.

Usually the color wheels are not hard to replace and don't cost much. I had to replace the color wheel on my first Optoma after five years. I think the part was only about $40 with shipping.

thevance777

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thevance777

I've been using the ML500 portable projector for around a year now and have to say that I love it! It has to be stationary but will mount on any tripod setup (plenty online for 4-15 dollars.) It's also very easy to carry around on trips and other places.

Piratesmoker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Piratesmoker

I'd have to suggest you steer clear of the Optoma referbs. I just had one go out a couple weeks ago complaining about a bad bulb after only 400 hours of use. I replaced the bulb and it worked for a few minutes and then completely froze up as I was trying to reset the bulb timer. Now when I avoid the menus it'll work sometimes, but usually it'll switch off indicating a bad bulb.

I always followed the suggestions of it much be on for half an hour and off for half an hour. This projector was mounted to the ceiling and was never moved.

I just ordered a ViewSonic PRO8200 off Amazon, mostly for the three year warranty. And for $700 I'd say it's a better deal too.

EDIT: My old projector was an Referb'd Optoma HD20 that I bought just over a year ago on Woot.

yonikachlon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yonikachlon

I got one of these a few weeks ago and it isn't detecting my X-box, I tried HD cable and the X-box cables. I haven't had the chance to try another system yet but any suggestions?