WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Breitling Watches for Bright Young Men

A guy pulls his phone out of his pocket to check the time. A man looks at the spectacular yet refined Breitling watch on his wrist. Turn your guy - or yourself - into a man.

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

It's the end of the year, everyone's being reflective and thinking about time. We've got watches on both end of the spectrum lurking in Woot Plus, so what do you think of these?

I'm just hanging out, really.

accrx77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages accrx77

I'll take 1 of each!

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

Last time Breitlings were offered they sold out real quick, so if you're interested, you might want to jump on one. (and hey, it's a quality watch, so if you jump on one, it probably won't hurt it.)

------------------
I Bet on Sky

Saerith

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Saerith

Who the hell is buying $4000 dollar watches from a deal of the day site? That is an impressive impulse buy.

mjkane1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mjkane1

Man, that white Datora is calling me...one of my favorite Breitlings!

Wife just yelled at me for even suggesting it.

...Did I just buy that?

impaul4

quality posts: 8 Private Messages impaul4
Saerith wrote:Who the hell is buying $4000 dollar watches from a deal of the day site? That is an impressive impulse buy.

People looking to save some money? It's no different than ordering from a site online, especially since the watch is coming from Amazon.

I probably wouldn't. But if a Panerai came up for cheaper than what I paid for mine in store then maybe I would.

wenda86

quality posts: 9 Private Messages wenda86
impaul4 wrote:People looking to save some money? It's no different than ordering from a site online, especially since the watch is coming from Amazon.

I probably wouldn't. But if a Panerai came up for cheaper than what I paid for mine in store then maybe I would.

I'll second that.

Back to Breitling listed here, the SuperOcean for 2.1k on that bracelet is worth it. Try go and ask Breitling service centre. The bracelet alone is upwards 500 bucks. Some quoting as high as 700 bucks for the bracelet only.

mikejung

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikejung

i am tempted...but still not biting. if you can pull an omega or rolex with that discount i will def pull the trigger. ;)

wenda86

mikejung wrote:i am tempted...but still not biting. if you can pull an omega or rolex with that discount i will def pull the trigger. ;)

Come on... That SuperOcean is really a good deal :P

Well, I don't think it will happen for the 2 brands you mentioned, especially when the manufacturer is prohibiting such amount of discount in the first place.

me54350

quality posts: 0 Private Messages me54350
accrx77 wrote:I'll take 1 of each!

1 of each...That's $40,800 before taxes & shipping, but you will save $45 on shipping and $38,325 from the list price. LOL!

That's a brand new 3 series BMW...

IMario75

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IMario75

Are you kidding me Woot!? You guys should know better to bring a Masarati to a Pick & Save. We pooe folk here.

OMGHI2U and Good bye

me54350

quality posts: 0 Private Messages me54350
IMario75 wrote:Are you kidding me Woot!? You guys should know better to bring a Masarati to a Pick & Save. We pooe folk here.

One sold out already...wow. People must buy them sell them on ebay or something

cvinroot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cvinroot

I think if I pulled up my sleeve with a watch like this on my wrist to give a "nice" young man the time these days, I would stand a good chance of having that nice young man pull out his not so nice little weapon and take my Great Looking Watch. I think I'll stick with my Timex and keep my own Ticker Kicking!!

impaul4

cvinroot wrote:I think if I pulled up my sleeve with a watch like this on my wrist to give a "nice" young man the time these days, I would stand a good chance of having that nice young man pull out his not so nice little weapon and take my Great Looking Watch. I think I'll stick with my Timex and keep my own Ticker Kicking!!

Unless it says Rolex, most people don't know a nice watch from a Timex or Pulsar.

wenda86

Out of the leftover ones, I think the blue dialled Chronomat with subdials at 3-6-9 o'clock positions is not a bad deal at all It is not a simple 7753 movement. This one I think may come with Breitling's in house modifications.

The rests are just Caliber 13, that is ETA based 7750 movement with COSC certifications and considered top grade 7750.

epsy06

quality posts: 3 Private Messages epsy06

I know nothing about watches and I saw the link on the main page and thought, "OH! My dad wanted to get a watch for my brother, maybe there will be one in here!"

There definitely ARE watches on this page but they are much more than my dad is looking to spend (I don't know his budget but I'm guessing something closer to $100 than $5000).

impaul4

epsy06 wrote:I know nothing about watches and I saw the link on the main page and thought, "OH! My dad wanted to get a watch for my brother, maybe there will be one in here!"

There definitely ARE watches on this page but they are much more than my dad is looking to spend (I don't know his budget but I'm guessing something closer to $100 than $5000).

If you are looking for a good watch that is a budget of a couple hundred. Citizen, Seiko and Bulova are good. I just picked up this Link Bulova up just because it looked nice, and it has been great so far and an awesome watch no doubt.

ascurlock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ascurlock
Saerith wrote:Who the hell is buying $4000 dollar watches from a deal of the day site? That is an impressive impulse buy.

I doubt it's that much of an impulse buy. If the people buying are anything like me, they've been eyeing these pieces for quite some time; it just so happens that they happened to pop up here today.

hyukang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hyukang

Yup just picked up the super avenger. This wasn't an impulse buy, went to the breitling authorized store over the weekend. They wouldn't go lower than $4,400. So I know this was a great buy.

Petrodon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Petrodon

I apologizing for being the bummer in the group but how can we be certain these Breitling's are genuine? Breitling themselves warn over and over about purchasing fake watches from disreputable sources can we get some info about this?

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
Petrodon wrote:I apologizing for being the bummer in the group but how can we be certain these Breitling's are genuine? Breitling themselves warn over and over about purchasing fake watches from disreputable sources can we get some info about this?

We've been very careful to assure these are authentic, including certification by a Board Certified Gemologist.

Believe me, it's as important to us that they're the real deal as it is to you.

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.

Petrodon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Petrodon
Gatzby wrote:We've been very careful to assure these are authentic, including certification by a Board Certified Gemologist.

As long as someone did the homework on it I'm satisfied. But Breitling simply states that you should never buy one of their watches online, ever. That being said, you don't have the Navitimer Olympus that I own in my pipe dreams. Still, these are good buys if they are the real deal.

kiwikish

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kiwikish

The day I feel like spending more than a semester at college to buy a watch, it will indeed be a breitling watch.

Actually, if I had had the money needed for one of these, I probably would have bought it now. Time to look at scholarships. :/

terry0298

quality posts: 0 Private Messages terry0298

Wow, are they shipping these with confirmation/signature receipt?

Seems richly expensive to get LOST (stolen) in the mail!

cvinroot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cvinroot
impaul4 wrote:Unless it says Rolex, most people don't know a nice watch from a Timex or Pulsar.

Not true. A good friend of mine was a Navy Diver and one night at a bar he was admiring the watch (Brietling) of another patron. After the Hotshot Navy Pilot Patron got annoyed, he asked what the heck the Diver was doing. The Diver replied that the last time he saw one that nice was on another Hotshot pilot when he went down to recover his body.

xyourlocaldjx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages xyourlocaldjx

who bought the super avenger? I hate youuuuu!!!! credit card had to call me to authorize and by the time they did... someone bought it. mfer!! lol

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 95 Private Messages radi0j0hn

Republic Lobbyist stocking stuffers for Congress?

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

jamesbottomtooth

quality posts: 41 Private Messages jamesbottomtooth

http://www.amazon.com/Zenith-96-0529-4035-Tourbillon-Titanium-Chronograph/dp/B001K3IXW8

this watch is better just read the reviews, although some didn't like the shipping charge:

When I first bought this watch I had buyer's remorse. How could I possibly justify spending $$$ on a watch when I drive a 1992 Ford Festiva don't even own a home?

Then the most amazing this happened. Last night I was out at a bar with some friends. I walked up to the amazingly beautiful woman, and she looked at me, then my watch, and said the most wonderful thing, "Nice Watch." I took that opening and asked her for her number, and she laughed and told me to go away. Normally women just laugh and tell me to go away, so this was a huge improvement and worth every penny.

halfchuck

quality posts: 3 Private Messages halfchuck

I'd like to turn myself into a man, but if I spent that much on a watch my wife would have my b@lls, would defeat the purpose.

andreaserben

quality posts: 21 Private Messages andreaserben

What about service?
If you would need service on the watch - would you get the 'but you did not buy from an authorized Breitling seller/store-treatment" meaning SOL?

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
radi0j0hn wrote:Republic Lobbyist stocking stuffers for Congress?

Awwww, why do we have to make it political?

I'm just hanging out, really.

kiwikish

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kiwikish

While we're comparing other watches, this is a nice one: http://www.amazon.com/Zenith-Academy-Tourbillon-Chronograph-18-1260-4005-72-C504/dp/B0074W9UTE/ref=sr_1_1?s=watches&ie=UTF8&qid=1356042347&sr=1-1

Of course you could also buy a lamborghini, so I'd go for one of these rather than the one I posted.

andreaserben

Looking at the sales stats - you only have 1 of each?!

bsirvio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bsirvio
xyourlocaldjx wrote:who bought the super avenger? I hate youuuuu!!!! credit card had to call me to authorize and by the time they did... someone bought it. mfer!! lol

Standard operating procedure for the credit card industry: travel and/or large transactions --particularly large online transactions--should be proactively noted to one's account to avoid such problems.

/works for The Man

Funny story that way: I know a person who has one of a major credit card company's card that doesn't officially exist (but everyone knows is out there.) A few years ago, her card was declined buying clearance jewelry at a failing discount retailer. She needed the authorization to buy something blue-light cheap.

hyukang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hyukang
xyourlocaldjx wrote:who bought the super avenger? I hate youuuuu!!!! credit card had to call me to authorize and by the time they did... someone bought it. mfer!! lol

That would be me, however my bank didn't call me for authorization, but woot did.

StanleyS

quality posts: 4 Private Messages StanleyS
Gatzby wrote:We've been very careful to assure these are authentic, including certification by a Board Certified Gemologist.

"The real deal..." meaning these are not gray market and come with a genuine Breitling warranty?

hkadenilc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hkadenilc

Seems like one person, probably a dealer buys all of one version leaving none for everyone else...

Great job...

Better luck next time!

andreaserben

hkadenilc wrote:Seems like one person, probably a dealer buys all of one version leaving none for everyone else...

Great job...

Better luck next time!

don't think so, they only have 1 of each I think

Gatzby

quality posts: 43 Private Messages Gatzby
StanleyS wrote:"The real deal..." meaning these are not gray market and come with a genuine Breitling warranty?

They do not come with the warranty, but they are definitely Breitling watches. (Which is part of the reason they're at a good price!)

Did you know shirt.woot ships internationally? Get you some!
Why do my posts always get deleted? -- Noise Reduction -- Try it in podcast format.
No, you can't have our iPod, keys, or Lego. Sorry.