MNBeta03

quality posts: 5 Private Messages MNBeta03

I'm interested in the opinion of anyone who has actually used the jump rope. I love to incorporate jump rope in my circuit training but my ceilings are too low when I'm forced inside for the winter here in the frozen north. This would maybe be an alternative but something about it seems like it just wouldn't feel the same.

edmi0002

quality posts: 1 Private Messages edmi0002

I weigh 215 lbs and there has been some damage to the door frame with this pull up bar, after about 3 years of use. I slide in some extra padding between the bar and the contact points and that seems to have halted the damage. The foam padding also has worn off after a couple years. Just to provide some counter perspective; some reviewers have reported no damage to their doors.

Burning-Chrome

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Burning-Chrome

Thank you Cmurchie, in for one!

timmymac23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages timmymac23

Woot, are you saying I need to work out? Why not just come out and say I'm fat instead of subtly listing a smattering of workout equipment? Perhaps I'm just carrying a few extra holiday pounds. We can't all be so lucky to have your high metabolism or perfect bone structure.

How rude!
[/fake fight with Woot-love]

[/comment]

rrussell

quality posts: 7 Private Messages rrussell

What exactly do you do with the ab straps? I can see the guy lifting his legs in the video, but I can't make out where the straps are.

vipre01

quality posts: 6 Private Messages vipre01

I also have this type of pull-up bar for my home and while it hasn't damaged my doorframe the foam padding has caused black residue to form which is a minor inconvenience I’m willing pay for having the ability to do pull-ups in my residence. I have a buddy who swears by the Perfect Push-up tools and supposedly it helps with wrist pain.

shariellen

quality posts: 4 Private Messages shariellen

I have been wishing I had one of these at work, to just sort of hang there after too much sitting, and try to decompress my spine. But I don't know if the rest of the faculty could take it if they walked down the hallway to find me just hanging there like...like what? An inverted bat? Tempting, woot...

vipre01

quality posts: 6 Private Messages vipre01
rrussell wrote:What exactly do you do with the ab straps? I can see the guy lifting his legs in the video, but I can't make out where the straps are.

The ab straps are used to hold up your body so you don't have to hold onto the bar in order to perform hanging leg raises. You slide your arms through the straps and rest on your triceps.

ericexeljenkins

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ericexeljenkins

These pull up bars are great! However, I recommend the Iron Gym Xtreme over the traditional Iron Gym.

2fasst

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 2fasst

This is a great deal for the package. I bought just the pull-up bar a couple years ago for ~$25.
I had to trim the ends off the bar to fit the door frame of my older home, but it still works great.
The only issue is that the foam tears/wears out. Easily fixed with some fitness tape though.

SuluDance

quality posts: 2 Private Messages SuluDance

That ropeless jumprope thingy looks like the perfect instrument for a self-inflicted nutshot. I bet there is at least one on the blooper reel of that video. Passing for the sake of my future children...

bonnielibrary

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bonnielibrary

Woot ~ tried to do the one-day xmas shipping ~ system says it's not available. :-( Would have been a great present for my son.

bloodypenguin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bloodypenguin

I have the slightly different version, the Iron Gym Xtreme Workout Bar.

It is a great way to build up lean muscle, without compacting your spine.

As a few others have said, it won't really do any major damage to your door frame, but it will leave a few marks.

iversoncupid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iversoncupid
Squirrelhunter70 wrote:A...ropeless jump rope?

so it's a jump?

Amazing comment!

leinaht

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leinaht
cmurchie wrote:It's hard to explain, but no friction or fitting is involved; it's basically just that it keeps itself in the unlikely position that for it to fall down you would have to pull the flat bar part downward *through* the top part of the door frame, and you can't. (which again you need a real frame around the door with some molding, not just a drywall hole.)

So when you say "you need a real frame," I take it that means it won't really work in my featureless cinderblock dorm room? I think there's a little lip around the door but I'm not sure.

kokomojoeb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kokomojoeb
joeyvankuiken wrote:
It has damaged the crown moulding on the doorframe a little bit though (and I'm only 160). I'm sure some extra padding might be able to fix that.

I've already got plenty of padding so I guess I'm already fixed! No need for this then.

Slarti59

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Slarti59

I'm starting p90x next year and was about to buy a pull up bar. Thanks Woot for reading my mind!

rangaman4

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rangaman4
supercalifragil wrote:Can anyone confirm that it won't do damage to the door or doorframe, or take off paint, etc.?

I've had one for a few years now and after a pretty strict 5 day pull up schedule, it's pretty obvious that the pads at the end of the bars are gnashing away at the paint on both sides of my door frame. The padding gets compressed from use, then tears, then leaves marks as if you were to just have iron bars resting against the door frame used as leverage to do pull ups. My living quarters are downstairs so I don't personally mind, but the minute you take it off the door it's painfully obvious that you're probably gonna have to repaint the frame at some point.

xerokills

quality posts: 1 Private Messages xerokills

Be very careful with this pullup bar. I had one a few years back in my apartment. Make sure your door frame has more than 3 nails holding the frame board on it. I was doing a pullup and the board came loose and I busted my nose on the fall to the floor. It's funny telling the story, but you could seriously injure yourself if it isn't secured properly. The foam padding also leaves marks on your door frame. Other than that I loved this for pull ups when I need a quick workout. It was able to support a 190lb man with no problem for over a year with no problems.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
timmymac23 wrote:Woot, are you saying I need to work out? Why not just come out and say I'm fat instead of subtly listing a smattering of workout equipment? Perhaps I'm just carrying a few extra holiday pounds. We can't all be so lucky to have your high metabolism or perfect bone structure.

How rude!
[/fake fight with Woot-love]

(/mock retort with return taunt)

I'm just hanging out, really.

MITCHELLWOOT

quality posts: 4 Private Messages MITCHELLWOOT

I have all of these....
But I stopped using them because they make me tired and my muscles hurt afterwards.

sirclesam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sirclesam

I've used the perfect pushup (basically same thing) on carpet and its just fine.

Moueska wrote:This LOOKS like it would be the perfect compliment for P90X, especially for us luddites who don't practice IN a gym or HAVE a chin-up bar.

Does anyone know how the push-up handles work on carpet? or do they require a surface like linoleum/tile/concrete?

topquarkpc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages topquarkpc

i use these with my p90x...got them from local "i got it at ross" for the same / similar price and am happy thus far... don't use the jump rope as much but other two i use every day...
good deal!

awilson53

quality posts: 0 Private Messages awilson53

The padding on mine left black marks and scuff marks on the door frame. I started draping a cloth over both sides (socks work too) and I haven't had any problem since. Highly recommend this, the pullup bar is awesome and is usually this much by itself.

rkstevens wrote:The pullup bars can put a slight dent on the drywall above your door frame depending on the condition of the drywall and how much you weigh and if you put too much force on it by swinging too much during exercise. The damage isn't that bad and probably wouldn't be noticeable by most people as it is above the door frame.

The pullup bar has a strip of black padding which prevents the plastic brace from contacting the wall... or at least it's supposed to. The problem is that it doesn't run the full length of the plastic brace so it's possible for the plastic on the ends to make contact with the wall and dent it. The plastic brace isn't completely straight after assembly and the padding isn't thick enough to prevent the ends from touching the wall. If you reinforce the ends with some foam or put fabric or a towel between the brace and the wall it shouldn't be a problem.

The padding is black and can also leave black marks on the wall. I put a strip of clear tape over it after I noticed the marks. The towel option mentioned above would also fix this issue too.

EDIT: Actually it looks like they've changed the padding to gray so it may not mar the wall anymore. The plastic ends looks like they could still make contact with the wall though.

repeater

quality posts: 0 Private Messages repeater

I have a pair of gravity boots. Does anyone know if this will easily support inversion?

wilhelmthomas

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wilhelmthomas

It seems pretty small and light when
unassembled from the "Unassembled package contents" picture,
but is it quick to assembled/disassembled?
Can it be used while traveling?
Is it heavy?

TheGentleman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheGentleman
repeater wrote:I have a pair of gravity boots. Does anyone know if this will easily support inversion?

It was designed to hold the weight, so that shouldn't be a problem. However, please don't go after the manufacturer when something goes wrong during an unintended usage of their product. Remember, a fall when you're head down is likely to cause severe spinal injuries.

orimar15

quality posts: 0 Private Messages orimar15

How much is the shipping?

stm127

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stm127

In regards to the strength of the pull up bar, I use one very similar as one anchor point for hanging my hammock indoors. It has held for 6 months of daily use, but I only weigh 170. It has held someone who weighs about 250 as well.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
orimar15 wrote:How much is the shipping?

$5 standard shipping.

I'm just hanging out, really.

DaZoneRanger

quality posts: 45 Private Messages DaZoneRanger

I have the pull up bar and similar pushup thingies. I don't really use the pushup thingies, but I did a long time ago (for a short while). I do use the pull bar, but I don't think I can do any pullups. I just use it to hang from, to stretch out my stomach, sides, shoulders & arms. Plus, I think it probably helps build some forearm and hand strength. I play a lot of various racket sports and I think the hanging stretch does me good.

orimar15

quality posts: 0 Private Messages orimar15

Its 2 payment os $19.99 ??? or just $19.99 ??

neovenator

quality posts: 9 Private Messages neovenator
orimar15 wrote:Its 2 payment os $19.99 ??? or just $19.99 ??

You must be new here.

Everything on Woot is one payment, and shipping is always $5.

Edit: Just realized your confusion comes from the video. That's the manufacturer's video, not Woot's.

viego99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages viego99

is this the ProFit brand or an unbranded version?

azmikeyh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages azmikeyh

Great item.

felixtcat1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages felixtcat1

Hi all,

what's the difference between this and the extreme iron gym pull up? Is there anyone here who has actually used this version and recommends it?

What do you guys think of the extras this one comes with? useful? worthwhile? worth it?

felixtcat1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages felixtcat1

anyone? comment?

felixtcat1 wrote:Hi all,

what's the difference between this and the extreme iron gym pull up? Is there anyone here who has actually used this version and recommends it?

What do you guys think of the extras this one comes with? useful? worthwhile? worth it?

mcw

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mcw

Just be careful if you use the pull-up bar - there's a small anchor clip that goes between the door frame and the molding and holds the plastic bar to ensure it doesn't come off the frame.

My brother had a really bad accident last year when he forgot to put the clip on the door and the whole thing came off the frame with him doing some air lifts or something - it took him 8 months to recover (he had fallen flat on his back on a hard surface).

louv68

quality posts: 0 Private Messages louv68
felixtcat1 wrote:anyone? comment?

A buddy of mine let me borrow the pullup bar, and it is absolutely a great piece of workout equipment. This same 4 piece set is going for $77.95 on Amazon. The pullup bar alone goes for $24.99 This is an amazing deal.