bisonhp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bisonhp
sayah wrote:Do yourself a favor. Simply NOT buying this will not suffice. Slam your laptop lid down, throw it in the toilet, flush, flush, flush then take it out and beat the snot out of it mercilessly with the biggest hammer that you have. If you have a blow torch, ignite it and melt your device completely down.

Not only should you not buy these blades, you should make absolutely sure that no one can use your computer for the same.

It's not just the right thing to personally do but the right thing for you to do to help your country.

God bless you, your face and America.

can i get an 'amen' AAAAAAMEEEN

mikepack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikepack

I was so excited when I saw these on a Woot Off that I bought 3 sets of them. I hate how much Gillette charges for their Fusion blades. When I got the huge assortment of blades from Woot, I was thrilled. The blades looked great and the handle was beautiful. But that is it. The razor was horrible. It was difficult to shave with and for the first time in years, people where telling me I had missed shaving areas on my face. I felt like an inexperienced shaver. I hate them and I am looking for ideas on what I can do with all these extras I have. There is a reason Gillette commands the price it gets. These suck and I say don't waste your money!

betasp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages betasp

Bought these for shaving legs and they are fine. Actually, works much better than disposables.

Hincan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hincan

I don't recommend these razors. I bought them a while back and they are useless. If you have any scruff good luck with these razors. 5 blades is not better.

Jvanslyke

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Jvanslyke

it has a strange angle on it, so you can't get a cut-line. I can see it WAY better for legs. Doesn't seem to clog much, but I have very thin and sparse hair.

cdemers0

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cdemers0

JUNK! I dropped it once the first day I used it and broke. Now the razors wont stay on the handle and 14 razors unused.

bwill1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bwill1

Blades constantly clog, making razor rough on face. So bad maybe I'm using it wrong?

moosepucky

quality posts: 0 Private Messages moosepucky

Looks like this time the woot is for the handle and 3 carts.

Last woot of this product on 9/26/12 had 15 carts for the same price. Merry Xmas... NOT

sammwolff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sammwolff

Not a good buy. I've gotten some great deals on Woot, sadly this is not one of them. The shave was rough and uneven. I used the razor twice then went out and bought blades for my old Mach III.

ayala920

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ayala920

Bought two sets last time these were on here for my partner and myself. We both like the handle, but the blades aren't the best. I can see why men would have an issue with it clogging, but for women's needs, they're good enough. For the price, I'll deal.

sammwolff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sammwolff
bisonhp wrote:can i get an 'amen' AAAAAAMEEEN

Don't be shy, tell us how you really feel about the blades.

Great post, my sentiments exactly. Woot should say "Adios" to this product.

timmyvee

quality posts: 7 Private Messages timmyvee

I will take any and all donations of unused blades as I love these razors. I admit, I am weird. PM me and I will give you an address and pay for shipping, as long as it is $5 for all you can ship:O

brotherbeal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brotherbeal

I bought 3 sets of these last time and wound up giving 2 to a homeless shelter and going back to Dollar Shave Club. The blades are too close together to rinse out hair, so the heads get clogged after one shave. The head is too wide to adequately shave my moustache. I tried using some of those leftover 20 cent bic razors with one blade, and those gave me a better shave than these. Save your money.

mike11212

quality posts: 4 Private Messages mike11212

just in to help beat the 196 count the previous sale had.

I woot you

lostinbostom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lostinbostom

Sorry not impressed with this royalty. Got my hands on these last month and find it easier to shave with a sharp rock!

wrmohamed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wrmohamed

So bummed. I bought this razor last month, used it once and it fell in the shower and the hinges that hold the blade broke. So I paid $13.00 (7.99+5 shipping) for a one time use razor, now I have blades that are of no use.

rolledsho

quality posts: 4 Private Messages rolledsho

I got this the last time it was on here because I was tired of the price of the mach iv type blades.

This thing is shapped weird and it takes some getting used to. I have adjusted pretty well but shaving the area between your chin and your lower lip is kind of tough.

The cost for what you get is way better than the cheap razors and the loss performance vs the mach IV types is worth the price difference.

wrmohamed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wrmohamed
cdemers0 wrote:JUNK! I dropped it once the first day I used it and broke. Now the razors wont stay on the handle and 14 razors unused.

I just posted the SAME thing. One time use here.
Bah humbug!!!

thearboriginal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thearboriginal

Bad shave.

Hovencloof

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Hovencloof
bpr2 wrote:DO NOT BUY!!

These blades only last a couple of shaves, and clog too easily to be of much use!

Took me twice as long to shave with these blades due to constant clogging!

The way to get the most shaves out of any razor is to clean it out with an old toothbrush, then dry the blade off and dip it in cooking oil. This keeps it from getting dull.

This razor has the head set at a strange angle, and I find that it works best if you support the blade with a couple of fingers behind it.

For the price, it is not a bad deal, and gives me a fairly good shave.

NOMBUZZO

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NOMBUZZO
mick66 wrote:I bought this from woot about 3 weeks ago. This is not a bad product, but it certainly is NOT a good product. the U shape just feels awkward and as others have stated, it clogs easier than some other blades, but I've had no issues with rinsing out the shavings that stick between the blades and I have pretty tough beard growth. On a scale of 1-10, I'll give it a 5.5. It gets the job done, but I probably won't be buying any more blades.

I completely agree. Not a bad product as the price is very nice compared to good razors theses days. Certainly not a good product in that the performance everyone expects these days takes some work to achieve. Blades don't last long, clogs/pulls and razor angle on hard to reach spots can be awkward.
If your on a budget and have more time than money its a good buy. I'm skipping on it myself, i would rather spend the extra 10$ and get a good razor.

erastimus

quality posts: 1 Private Messages erastimus

Have any of you legions of negative commentors watched the Remington video on YouTube on how to use this razor? After watching that video and using my same shaving method (wash hair in the shower and then use the shampoo suds on my face and shave while the nice hot water is massaging my back and frequently rinsing the blade) I'm in for three more of this deal. I've told the family to place any unused cartridges in my casket as a remebrance of things I enjoyed in life - shaving in the shower with shampoo suds and my King of Shaves.

marcusamadeus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marcusamadeus

Terrible Razor, don't buy. Always clogging. Takes way too long to shave

jreichle85

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jreichle85

I bought these last time they came around for me, a female.

All in all, I would not buy them again. They were definitely inexpensive (and unfortunately I bought three of these packs) but the shave is not a good one. It seems like I'm changing the razor blades after three uses.

The shave is not a close one. It leaves stubble. It also is not good for underarm use. It either does not shave it all or leaves razor burn, even with shaving cream.

There is a reason these UK razors never made it to the US market.

davidelarson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidelarson

Bought this deal in september. Agree, with prior comments about awkward around chin due to the way the thing bends. Blade life is no better or worse than any other.

markriddle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages markriddle

To be fair...the good the bad and the extremely ugly

The good: fine if you are a woman using this for legs or underarms where you shave regularly or for men who have extremely light/fine beards.

The bad: A horrifying experience if you have a normal to heavy beard. The thicker your hair, the worse the torture. Blades clog, only a commercial steamer will clean them (yes, I've tried and know this to be factual) and the "bend over in half" flexibility feature of the razor could be an inadvertent road to Hari Kari, though that's a deliberate action, so I guess it would just be death by weirdly designed razor. In short, a good idea gone horribly wrong and a waste of money for the average guy who needs a close shave every day and needs the blades to last.

The ugly: My opinion is that these are probably a horrible design concept and the company is just attempting to recoup the price of materials and production. I don't know if the old Remington company got bought out by a foreign company that used the brand to introduce a cheap-ish competitor to Gillette and Schick or if some poor razor designer is out of a job along with the marketing guy that pitched the product to the bosses.

Bottom line: Ladies, it's a great deal, way better than disposables and at a great price.

Guys: Avoid like the plague. Value is when you get something that is great for you at a low low price. This 'deal' only offers you the latter.

cathigreen

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cathigreen

Bought these last time, and I am getting more today. They are great for shaving legs and underarms, but my husband tried one on his thick facial hair and it just didn't work.

mediagrok

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mediagrok
bpr2 wrote:DO NOT BUY!!

These blades only last a couple of shaves, and clog too easily to be of much use!

Took me twice as long to shave with these blades due to constant clogging!

COMPLETELY AGREE!! I actually bought a couple packs due to the 'deal' they represented. These are honestly some of the WORST razor blades I've ever had. I'd recommend classic 2 blade disposable over these in a heartbeat.

DO NOT BUY!

mediagrok

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mediagrok

WORST 'value' on Woot. Horrible horribel razor blades!

These are honestly some of the WORST razor blades I've ever had. I'd recommend classic 2 blade disposable over these in a heartbeat.

They clog instantly, they do not unclog easily and the angle is the reverse of any razor I've ever had. My wife tried thinking perhaps good for leg shaving and gave up because they are that bad!

DO NOT BUY!

chabber

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chabber

Worst razor ever! Clogs too much and the angle is poor, so it doesn't shave well. Waste of money and, now, time trying to use it.

cloudxconnected

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cloudxconnected

Bought these razors a couple months ago off here. They blow! Spend the extra bit of money and use Mach 3/5.

ascetic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ascetic

Same thing is cheaper on Amazon, with free shipping...!

pnkdoshi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pnkdoshi

This is a horrible product compared to the Mach 3 brand I used to use. It constantly gets clogged. With the Mach 3 I could shave thick facial hair and it wouldn't be a problem. I even tried using this blade every 2 to 3 days instead of 5 and it still got hair clogged between the blades. It seems that every cartridge I went through, it would get stuck b/w the 3 and 4th blade. It almost seems like a design flaw.

davidrolon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages davidrolon

Bought a total of seven of these over the past several woot offerings including the woot off. These were made for the British market, where they completely failed. If you do the math, you are probably saving money on these. The bottom line is they are inferior to high quality American blades. The high tech look adds nothing, they are a pain to change cartridges & they clog easily (oddly enough, one area at the lower right corner of the cartridge consistently and permanently clogs). They are good for exactly two shaves, after which they start pulling on your whiskers. On a recent attempt to use it for a third time on the same cartridge, I had to reach over and grab my regular mach 3, which had been sitting there for a ccouple of weeks to finish. Boy what a difference! I had high hopes for these, but realize why they ended up on woot. What surprises me is how many millions of these must be out there for them to show up on woot every few weeks. At the rate I shave (2-3x per week), I should get a couple of years use from my supply, and will have probably spent less money than if I had never bought them...

Harpo

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Harpo

The angle of attack is too strange. Terrible for trimming around a beard.

jaynelwells

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jaynelwells

I always check Woot! prices before I buy, most of the time they check out to be cheaper. This time it's not the case.

You can get the Remington King of Shaves Azor 5 from the manufacturer directly for only $2.49 with free shipping for orders of $5.99 or more!
•5-Blade Razor; Thinner, finer blades for incredible closeness
•Endurium coated razor blades; that last longer
•S-Flex Technology; Soft-flex hinge presses blades gently against your skin for ultimate comfort
3 Endurium Replacement Cartridges
•1 Flexing Razor Handle

UPC:0688003120064
http://www.remingtonproducts.com/mens/Razors/Razors-Gels/Remington-King-of-Shaves-Azor-5.aspx?SR=sr3_157700119_go&sitelink=Remington_King_of_Shaves&SR=sr3_178252806_go&gclid=CICwqYGgsbQCFVCd4Aod734ATw

Jayne L. Wells
Highland Lakes, NJ

stompysan

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stompysan

I bought these during a Woot-off. I was initially intrigued by the design, but that's it. These blades suck for facial hair. The blades also get clogged really easily. I found out that taking the blade out and running the blade assembly under water tends to get hair out of it better. However, for saving body hair, this blade is great. The design really works for it. Just sayin'.

lovemy54

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lovemy54

The worst razors I have ever used. Bought 15 on previous woot day. 13 still unused. So many people agree these are junk. Why does woot keep selling it?

drbenj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drbenj

I bought a load of these when they first came up. They are terrible. The razor is weird; difficult to use. The blades are worse.

He Who Never Gets a Bag of Chorizo

lovemy54

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lovemy54
kmtorres wrote:I bought these in the last woot off. I believe the blades are defective because when I shave they don't cut. It's as if the blades are dull and it hurts to shave. I even opened another box and found the same thing. So I have stopped using these.

Ditto, razors don't cut...