geston3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geston3

Horrible razors... constantly clogging up and near impossible to clean due to the closeness of the blades.

miken927

quality posts: 122 Private Messages miken927

I have stood here before inside the pouring rain
With the world turning circles running 'round my brain
I guess I'm always hoping that you'll end this reign
But it's my destiny to be the King of Shaves...

------------------
I Bet on Sky

urshag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages urshag
psywiped wrote:I would like to point out that for the same price I can buy 100 DE Derby blades and replace them every 3 shaves for the same price as this "deal" as well as get a better shave in the process. Well really they would be less because shipping would be included.

I agree. I use Astra DE blades, but double edged razors are the way to go. There is a short learning curve to using them, but once you do you will never go back to using the cartridge razors.

sethrachelson

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sethrachelson

I realize it's been said enough, but I've been waiting for these to be reposted so that I could share my opinion. Thwwwwttt!!! That's the sound of sticking out your tongue and blowing.
I shave every week or two and most razor blades last me months. These didn't even work properly on the first shave. FAIL.

bottaromax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bottaromax

I love woot but these are not good razors. I bought 3.packs last time and they dont shave well.

rozeroz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rozeroz

Maybe mine was defective. But the blades won't snap in the handle and so it keeps falling off and I can't get any shaving done.

rjhalsey

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rjhalsey

They suck!

djenkins1982

quality posts: 15 Private Messages djenkins1982

I'm one that likes to tap the razor against the sink to clear out clogs... when you try to do that with these razors, the head pops off and you have to grab it out of the sink and try to reassemble the razor.

I would not recommend this to anyone, quite honestly.

I don't get it

quality posts: 0 Private Messages I don't get it

Shave your money. If you had one hair on your whole body, you would have to stop midway to change blades.

Aceman196

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Aceman196

I am in the military and I shave everyday. This thing cuts ok but not close enough.
I would not buy this again What a waste of money.

robi666

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robi666

Worst blades I ever tried. I cannot believe how bad it is, I wonder what the designer was thinking.
The only way to clean the blades is with a Waterpik.

merddynemrys

quality posts: 1 Private Messages merddynemrys

The Remington takes a little getting used to (presumably because of the odd construction). Once you get used to it it does a decent job. A Mach 3 it is NOT, but at the Woot price it's a steal (I just purchased my second batch of 3 - can't get a better endorsement than that).

stryper2000

quality posts: 20 Private Messages stryper2000

I unfortunately bought these some time back. I have had issues with the heads clogging, you pretty much have to use two heads for one shave

The Craphound of Woot

Antagonist of Sellbuyer92 , I sniped his Basket Of Checkers

x36

kmeltzer

quality posts: 32 Private Messages kmeltzer

I got these, and think they are OK. As I've used them, there are better. But for the price it's not bad. I wouldn't go out and buy these regular priced, and when they are done.. they are done.

robtown

quality posts: 0 Private Messages robtown

So far I've only shaved my beard a couple times and my head once. Both times the shave was close enough.
Running the blade under water does not flush it out - I expect it to start having problems with clogging.

The biggest difference between this and my 3 bladed razor is in the feel. It feels bulky and awkward, difficult to cut close to ears or under nose. It also requires more pressure to contact the skin.

On the plus side it's probably impossible to cut oneself or get rarzor burn even with applying heavier pressure than with typical razors. The razor feels smooth and very comfortable.

RIGGS1359

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RIGGS1359

I don't ever comment on woot deals but I have to on this worthless product. I bought 3 last time woot had this despite the negative reviews and it was a huge mistake. These are the worst shave handles iv ever used in my life. I read reviews on the blade getting clogged...I don't see how it got clogged, I cant get it to cut a damn hair off my face. Screw this product and screw woot for continuing to sell trash. Woots doing nothing but going downhill

stfuqua

quality posts: 1 Private Messages stfuqua

Hey Woot! how many cartridges are included? Headline says 3. Description says 15.

If 15 blades are included then it is not the same as on Amazon.

I use these and they are great. Never a nick, never a burn. Always a close shave. Fusion is easier to use around the nose and mouth due to the back blade.

Fusion costs over $4 per cart. These cost over $0.50. That puts these in a league of their own. Hate on, haters.

platypusrex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages platypusrex

Worst. Shave. Ever.

I don't understand the purpose of the line, "I don't need to drink to have fun." Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

eltonthom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eltonthom

I agree with many of the posts....WORST razor EVER!! It clogs too easily and leaves too many missed spots. My other complaint is no ability to get into small areas to trim, due to the design.

jar3232

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jar3232

I bought these off woot a year ago and have used them regularly since. I have a goatee and am a every day / other shaver. I shave in the shower and never had any clogging issues. I am really please by the shave. I did have to alter how I shaved just a little (angle / holding it lower). I get 2-3 weeks off each blade and never get any razor burn off these, even towards the end. One of the better blades I have owned.

Not sure why all the hate on these blades. For shower shavers this price is a real bargain.

Any wooters want to get rid of theirs, I will gladly take them off your hands.

apctek1998

quality posts: 6 Private Messages apctek1998

Bought this last time, sorry i did. one went into the trash after i dropped it in the shower, made very cheap.

fevans1980

quality posts: 6 Private Messages fevans1980

These are horrible... that's all there is to it. If you want some, come to my house and pick them up.

nray2day

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nray2day

Don't buy! Razors clog too easily and don't cut close enough. There is a reason they are so cheap!! DON'T BUY!!

privera021

quality posts: 0 Private Messages privera021

I shave my head for 18 years now so I like to think I'm a connoisseur of razors. SAVE YOUR MONEY!!! Not worth it. Shave everyday so it's not too hard to shave my head and face and this razor clogged too easily.

kipster13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kipster13

I would not recommend this product. As others have said the blade clogs way too much. It did not cut it for me!

magchug13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages magchug13

I got these last time for the man. They clogged up fast for him. So I tried them, and once I got past the odd ergonomics, it works pretty great for my "baby-like girl hair."

JonBastian

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JonBastian

Absolutely the worst razor I've ever used. As many have pointed out, they clog in a second, the head of the razor is way too bendy, and the cartridge itself doesn't stay in too securely.

Now, when you can have the cartridge pop out on you unnoticed and you try shaving half your face with the bare plastic handle and don't notice a difference -- you know there's something really wrong with the blades.

I think you could get equal results with a dull butter knife and Elmer's glue instead of shaving cream.

dwasifar

quality posts: 5 Private Messages dwasifar

Bought these last time. My wife reports they are not good for shaving, uh, intimate regions. But she likes them for shaving her legs.

Our general impression is that they occupy sort of a middle ground between regular razors and disposables; better than a disposable, but not as good as say a Schick or Gillette multi-blade razor, mainly because they lack an actual pivot. Even Walgreens multi-blade razor sets have a pivot and shave more smoothly than these Remingtons. But, as my wife says, they're fine for legs. Which is good, I'm glad she likes them for something, because it'll take her a while to use up 30 blades.

Gvtv44

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gvtv44

Horrible... Blades are way too close together and just yank hair. Regret purchasing...

platypusrex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages platypusrex
dwasifar wrote:Bought these last time. My wife reports they are not good for shaving, uh, intimate regions. But she likes them for shaving her legs.

Our general impression is that they occupy sort of a middle ground between regular razors and disposables; better than a disposable, but not as good as say a Schick or Gillette multi-blade razor, mainly because they lack an actual pivot. Even Walgreens multi-blade razor sets have a pivot and shave more smoothly than these Remingtons. But, as my wife says, they're fine for legs. Which is good, I'm glad she likes them for something, because it'll take her a while to use up 30 blades.

Told my wife how much I hated these and that I had posted so. She said they are good on her legs.

But really, it begs the question, why the hell is woot still selling these over and over when they are total crap? I guess they bought a ton and need to unload them, but has anyone there heard of ethics?

I don't understand the purpose of the line, "I don't need to drink to have fun." Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

cdemers0 wrote:JUNK! I dropped it once the first day I used it and broke. Now the razors wont stay on the handle and 14 razors unused.

Another wooter reported last time the he contacted Remington and they sent him a replacement. FWIW. That is, if you want a replacement.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

leonbev

quality posts: 10 Private Messages leonbev

I let my wife try these razors on her legs, and they worked as poorly for her as they did on my face.

But, hey, they're cheap. They're priced about the same as the store brand disposables that you can buy at the drugstore, and they work about as well.

scarbone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scarbone

I took a chance on this last time. I've been a 3 blade guy for years. 5 seems like too many. Love this razor. No more nicks, no more blood. It seems to work at a weird angle, but it works well. I've been on the same cartridge for a month. I'm getting this again.

Joharwel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Joharwel

A little late to voice my opinion, but I bought this deal and was really disappointed. The razor doesn't shave OR clean (Have the hair pieces rinse out) nearly as well as my mach 5. At all.

My dad got suckered into it also, but he never got to try it because his handle broke (one of the little tabs snapped off) right away. No additional loss for him, because it sucks anyway.

Buyer beware.

showcaller

quality posts: 33 Private Messages showcaller

I don't think that in all the years I have been following Woot I have read so many negative reviews on a product. I really wonder how many of these things Woot was given (or they bought at some ridiculous price) versus how many they sold.

Joharwel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Joharwel
Joharwel wrote:A little late to voice my opinion, but I bought this deal and was really disappointed. The razor doesn't shave OR clean (Have the hair pieces rinse out) nearly as well as my mach 5. At all.

My dad got suckered into it also, but he never got to try it because his handle broke (one of the little tabs snapped off) right away. No additional loss for him, because it sucks anyway.

Buyer beware.

Guess I should have read the other reviews before posting... everyone has the same or similar complaints. I am disappointed in woot.com for repeatedly offering such a bad product.

Bad form, Woot.

anthgothlz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages anthgothlz

have we got to 196 yet?

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys

^^^^^^

ThunderThighs wrote:196 posts last time about this. Can we beat that?

Sure why not I'll post 197, although in all the woot!'s I've followed I don't think I have ever seen one so matter of fact commented 'don't buy' as this one.

anthgothlz

quality posts: 2 Private Messages anthgothlz

Before the advent of razors, hair was sometimes removed using two shells to pull the hair out or using water and a sharp tool. In some Native American tribes at the time of contact with American colonists it was customary for men and women to remove all bodily hair using these methods.[4] Later, around 3000 BC, when copper tools were developed, copper razors were invented. The idea of an aesthetic approach to personal hygiene may have begun at this time.

riteguy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages riteguy

Purchased a couple of these the last time they were offered. Now using them and a bit disappointed with the shave I get. They don't have the bent head attack angle. I have to go over my face repeatedly to get somewhat of a close shave. Price is very good, but don't think I would buy gain.