WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Poll: You forgot to get a gift for someone. These are your only options. What do you choose?
  • 11.7% - 12-pack of toilet paper, minus one roll. 160
  • 1.5% - Assorted plastic cutlery in a Zip-Lock bag. 21
  • 7.7% - Yellow Sharpie marker. 106
  • 48.4% - Coffee mug you hope they won’t realize is yours. 663
  • 30.7% - Hastily-scribbled “coupon book” for personal favors. 420
1370 votes

Well, how do you fare compared to the Zeitgeist? Chat up your fellow wooters and let us know how lame this poll was or what obvious choices we missed. For example: Was this poll a) STUPID, b) DUMB, c) POINTLESS or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE?

KATANARYDA

quality posts: 5 Private Messages KATANARYDA

sharpie in pooper

w00ten since 7/24/04 and still no Boggy Old Creature ಠ_ಠ

olperfesser

quality posts: 2 Private Messages olperfesser

And why do you have to give anyone a present? If you forgot, they couldn't have been that important...

myfester

quality posts: 4 Private Messages myfester

I actually gave a long lost family member a used photo album (hastily wrapped while they were downstairs). I said it already comes with memories. lol.

papadz1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages papadz1

By far the best poll of the season!! everyone needs toilet paper

sjohn44614

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sjohn44614
papadz1 wrote:By far the best poll of the season!! everyone needs toilet paper

Paper is by far the most practical. It won't go to waste until u r done.

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska

Coupon-book, hands down.

Why?

Because if it's full of practical IOU's that they come to collect, it can come out to be worth greater than any of the other items.

newsshooterjim

quality posts: 1 Private Messages newsshooterjim

Worked at Radio Shack in years past. Once had a guy come in five minutes before we closed to get something for his new son-in-law. He walked the store for about a minute, looking at mostly bare shelves. Picked up a set of TV rabbit ears, brought them to the counter.
I tried to ask a couple of questions to see for sure they needed 'em, his only answer was, "hell, I don't know, and I don't really like the guy, so I'm good with it."

Strangely enough, the son-in-law never returned it-he came in two days later to buy an adapter-turns out he needed it.

bsmith1

quality posts: 102 Private Messages bsmith1

Wow...I thought plastic forks and whatnot would be the clear winner. I hate doing dishes. I would welcome such a gift.(assuming they weren't already used)

bblhed

quality posts: 6 Private Messages bblhed

And cash.

note2001

quality posts: 25 Private Messages note2001

How about "A donation in your name was made to _(Fill in a charity they'd care about here)_"

... and then MAKE that donation and email the receipt to them so they can deduct on their taxes if if so desired.

Moueska

quality posts: 54 Private Messages Moueska
note2001 wrote:How about "A donation in your name was made to _(Fill in a charity they'd care about here)_"

... and then MAKE that donation and email the receipt to them so they can deduct on their taxes if if so desired.

I'd only do it if they would be into that sort of thing.

And I had money to just go and donate. Usually, last-minute gifts also mean a last-minute account balance check which could end with wailing and gnashing of teeth.