dfallik

quality posts: 1 Private Messages dfallik

I can't really figure out the difference between the three models.
Except that the F63 seems to fold - is that it?

roccochiv wrote:I own a Sole Treadmill for about 2-3 years now.. not sure what model but it was the best consumer grade one ( when purchased )

They are easy to assemble and built very well...has jack to plug iphone or mp3 player in for music and it comes out the speakers...

Don't expect much from the "cooling fans" They basically look like internal desktop computer cooling fans and after about 10 minutes of 6+ speed running you won't even notice them...

I am contemplating getting one for my parents... they have their eyes on mine for a while now...

Also checking out the other 2 models woot has on the sale...

JPH37

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JPH37

This is a great treadmill I run on it 3-4 times a week 3-4 miles each outing plus my wife runs a couple of miles 3 times a week. I am 220lbs and it has no problem on incline #6 at 5.5mph or at 7mph and a #2 incline. Very professional feeling treadmill.

Suck it Trebek

yellofever

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yellofever

I ordered this back on December 12th and it arrived today. The delivery folks were nice and they wheeled it to my basement door and carried it into the basement (only 3 steps down). I just tipped them for it ($60)...it only took them like 10 minutes. Assembly was a breeze...took about an hour with my wife helping. I haven't done a full run on it yet but it def feels sturdy. I'm not sure how this compares with other treadmills in this price range but the speedup/slowdown is pretty slow compared to the commercial treadmills at the gym but not a deal breaker for me at this price. The F83 does fold up and down really easily.

Any owners out there recommend getting extended warranty?

santanic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages santanic

I want to surprise my wife with one of these. She's short (5'2") but I wonder if she could run with this in our basement? Ceiling is 77" - any specs on deck height available for these?

maryscats52

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maryscats52

Bought my Sole two years ago....love it! I paid alot more...if you're in the market go for it. You won't be sorry!

ineptuser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ineptuser

I pondered getting one of these while out for my morning jog, I couldn't justify the purchase.

yellofever

santanic wrote:I want to surprise my wife with one of these. She's short (5'2") but I wonder if she could run with this in our basement? Ceiling is 77" - any specs on deck height available for these?

The running surface is 7 inches off the ground on the F83.

saidad

quality posts: 1 Private Messages saidad

Thank you for your review and your information. It's nice to read genuine reviews instead of dealing with all of the wise asses that are such a waste of time and scrolling.

MLNagel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MLNagel

Bought the F-85 when it was up 12-7. Thought it would be here in plenty of time to sneak it under the tree. Ahh no. No word. Sent a nice e to Woot. No word. Click on tracking, nothing. Running out today to find something else.

mdrcoast

quality posts: 11 Private Messages mdrcoast

Anyone know how hard these things are on the knees? I can't run on concrete anymore (Thanks Army!) and need some cushion on the knees.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 545 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

MLNagel wrote:Bought the F-85 when it was up 12-7. Thought it would be here in plenty of time to sneak it under the tree. Ahh no. No word. Sent a nice e to Woot. No word. Click on tracking, nothing. Running out today to find something else.

Looking at the tracking, it does appear stuck. I just sent an email to CS to see if they can figure out what's going on. Sorry for the delay.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

h3ather

quality posts: 0 Private Messages h3ather

Just attempted to purchase the Sole F83 treadmill and the transaction went through on my credit card but not on Woot.com. It shows no orders made and I did not get a confirmation number. Anyone else have this issue? This is irritating. I sent them a message but no response.

ThunderThighs

Staff

h3ather wrote:Just attempted to purchase the Sole F83 treadmill and the transaction went through on my credit card but not on Woot.com. It shows no orders made and I did not get a confirmation number. Anyone else have this issue? This is irritating. I sent them a message but no response.

It's possible your bank refused the authorization charge. I'll see if I can find out anything from CS.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

h3ather

ThunderThighs wrote:It's possible your bank refused the authorization charge. I'll see if I can find out anything from CS.

No, I called Discover and they said the transaction went through. Thanks for your help, I really want one of these!

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 93 Private Messages radi0j0hn

If you need one of these, but it is outside your price range, take note:

After my wife fractured a hip, she used a high-quality treadmill to get back and surpass her strength and balance. So it might be worth it.

Having said that, once the first store-bought unit finally wore out, I was able to find an even more expensive unit at the Salvation Army Thrift Store for $80.

I have seen $2,500 units (that look like the deck of the Star Ship Enterprise) go for $250.

This is the time of year when a LOT of unused high-priced gear is donated as a tax deduction.

Just don't buy a used Thighmaster...eeeeww.

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

ThunderThighs

Staff

h3ather wrote:No, I called Discover and they said the transaction went through. Thanks for your help, I really want one of these!

Going to send you a PM in just a second. You can see your Private Messages by clicking the envelope to the right of Everything But Woot at the top of this thread.

flameout

quality posts: 1 Private Messages flameout
ThunderThighs wrote:SOLE PLUS EVENT - Today Only

We have two other treadmills - F63 & F85 - available today as well on our Woot Plus Event.

Check 'em out!

And the F85 is the 2013 model, right?

ThunderThighs

Staff

flameout wrote:And the F85 is the 2013 model, right?

No these are all last years model. They are just now releasing their 2013 models on the SOLE site.

h3ather

ThunderThighs wrote:Going to send you a PM in just a second. You can see your Private Messages by clicking the envelope to the right of Everything But Woot at the top of this thread.

ok

vicemagnet

quality posts: 5 Private Messages vicemagnet

I have a Sole elliptical I use almost daily. The ProForm treadmill I own doesn't get the same love except when I have guests who prefer a treadmill over an elliptical. That said, this *is* a good deal for a high quality treadmill.

Makdaddy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Makdaddy
sloth944 wrote:Get the Sole F85 for $100 more.

The Sole F63 is still selling for $650.
http://www.woot.com/plus/happy-sole-idays

Thanks
I almost pulled the trigger on the F83 till I saw this
Im glad I came in to see fellow wooters comments, I bought the F85 for another $100.00 Its def worth it according to the reviews I have read

roccochiv

quality posts: 6 Private Messages roccochiv
Makdaddy wrote:Thanks
I almost pulled the trigger on the F83 till I saw this
Im glad I came in to see fellow wooters comments, I bought the F85 for another $100.00 Its def worth it according to the reviews I have read

I did the same thing.. Pulled the trigger last night on the f85 for $100 more.. Seems worth it and its rated the best one by treadmill doctor

MorelandMW

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MorelandMW

I purchased a Sole F85 from Woot a couple of weeks ago. It was delivered by a trio of stooges in a truck in terrible shape. ThI box was crushed and you could see broken parts inside. I refused the shipment. Still waiting to hear from Woot despite several emails. I hate Woot customer service!

MacGarage

quality posts: 6 Private Messages MacGarage

I went back and forth in which of the three treadmills to purchase when they were up for sale last time.

I had an old treadmill from 2005 with only a 1.5hp motor that still worked fine despite years of constant use.

The fact that I am over 6'4" and close to 250 pounds is also a factor. I do amateur strongman lifting and my main use for the treadmill is warm-ups and for cardio on days off from lifting. I am more of a jogger at 4-5mph compared to the runners.

My problem is that I have a 18x14 fitness room in an outbuilding that is very crowded. Also, during the summer and despite being well insulated, it will easily reach 100 degrees. I only have one 20 amp circuit for the window AC, fans, and other electronics (tv, CPUs, etc.).

As a result, its folded footprint and amp draw were the main issues for me. When using the AC, I could only afford 6.5 amps or less to power the treadmill which is not that much.

After much fretting, I elected the F63. While I really wanted the F83 for a multitude of reasons, I am pleased with the F63 after a few days of good use.

Using Kil-a-watt, I measured the F63's amp usage from 5-6 amps while at 5mph and with the fans going. I probably would be been safe with the large motor but it would be very close.

The folded footprint it much more than a treadmill that folds flat. It was a issue for me but it is okay.

The folded F63 (yep that is an iMac that I still use for wireless iTunes).

Unfolded:

The tight fit!

beebles

quality posts: 1 Private Messages beebles

I so wish I could order this. I weep every time I see a nice consumer quality treadmill at such a price but I am nearly 50 now and live in an apartment one flight up and have no one to assist me in getting it inside and into my bedroom. All the treadmills I see online only come with curbside or garage delivery. That makes me sad.

SurplusHP

quality posts: 7 Private Messages SurplusHP
MacGarage wrote:...
My problem is that I have a 18x14 fitness room in an outbuilding that is very crowded. Also, during the summer and despite being well insulated, it will easily reach 100 degrees.

Turn off the TV.

P.S. Your walls are depressing. Go to Wal-Mart and buy a Justin Bieber poster or something inspirational for your workouts.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

beebles wrote:I so wish I could order this. I weep every time I see a nice consumer quality treadmill at such a price but I am nearly 50 now and live in an apartment one flight up and have no one to assist me in getting it inside and into my bedroom. All the treadmills I see online only come with curbside or garage delivery. That makes me sad.

you might talk to the people in your leasing office about options; they may be able to make a recommendation about people who can assist with this one (relatively simple) task.

or you could call around and ask movers; tell them your situation & see if they'd be amenable to a one-time charge.

just thinking out loud. the point is: i'm sure there are options. just might take some brainstorming & outreach.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

edderdz

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edderdz

What is the difference between the F85 and F83 (and for that matter, the new year models?). Drives me crazy when manufacturers don't have some kind of comparison chart, esp. when they come out with new models every year.

miniconvertible

quality posts: 0 Private Messages miniconvertible

I ordered the F85 on Dec 11th and received it on the 22nd. Couldn't be more pleased. Thank you, Woot!

davisgp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davisgp

Is "White Glove" delivery available?

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

edderdz wrote:What is the difference between the F85 and F83 (and for that matter, the new year models?). Drives me crazy when manufacturers don't have some kind of comparison chart, esp. when they come out with new models every year.

This a rundown of Sole's models, with details about each model's (year's) specs.
Click here.

f83 specs
f85 specs

hopefully that helps.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

edderdz

quality posts: 4 Private Messages edderdz
PemberDucky wrote:This a rundown of Sole's models, with details about each model's (year's) specs.
Click here.

f83 specs
f85 specs

hopefully that helps.

Thanks - the answer, for others interested, is that the $100 more gets you two additional inches in width on the running surface, and more HP in the motor. Not sure it's worth it for just those differences (unless the normal model feels unusually narrow?). I get the sense the 85 is designed for heavier or larger people.

And at least according to the specs, the new model year 85 is no different than the old model year.

MarkES

quality posts: 4 Private Messages MarkES

This is very tempting. In our household we've gone through nordic track ski machines, stationary bikes, bow flex weight machines, elliptical trainers and a tread mill. The tread mill is the ONLY thing that still gets used regularly after several years, it's even starting to wear out a bit. I should be able to get some more time out of the one we have now but at this price I'm really going to have to think about this one.

kenpow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kenpow
dfallik wrote:Here's my worry when buying $$$ products from Woot - what happens if something is wrong with the product?
Then do I have to spend $$$ to send it back?
Is this something with a warranty?
How does that work?
Dawn

From personal experience, i can say its a frustrating experience.

I bought the F63 a few weeks back, it came pretty much destroyed. I refused shipment with the shipper, they documented it, gave me the form, and sent it on its way.

I've emailed support@woot.com about it, and they stated that they would be happy to issue a refund when its shipping status changed to returned.

Well its been about two weeks since then, and I'm still down $654 with nothing to show for it but broken dreams and a sheet of paper. Due note it took about 3-4 days to arrive, so i don't really know what the hold up is.

Biggest frustration is the lack of any real customer support to talk to and not knowing when the item might be. It was shipped freight via a unnamed carrier, so the tracking number is pretty much useless. Personally hoping something happens before i get the CC bill in the mail, THEN I'll be irate.

Honestly, pretty bothered by the whole thing.

To add

1. I've sent about 3-4 or so messages to them in the last 2 weeks, Only the first was responded to.

2. Overall i really liked these units, my budget was around 500-700 bucks. Picked the F63 sale over the Horizon T101-2013, mostly due to a very similar lifetime coverage on the motor and fame, and the F63 seemed abit better built. Which is why i jumped on that last woot.

3. After the initial shipment, its manufactures warranty. Which I believe in the case of higher end fitness equipment, is done in house. Least I'm almost certain Sole and NT are.

K.

tjmonkey15

quality posts: 3 Private Messages tjmonkey15

Looks like the 2013 model F85 has a 4.0 CHP motor vs the 2011 (being sold on Woot Plus now) at 3.5 CHP. Don't know anything about treadmills, so I'm not sure if that makes much of a difference at all. I honestly don't know where they fit the horses to power these things anyway.

kenpow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kenpow
tjmonkey15 wrote:Looks like the 2013 model F85 has a 4.0 CHP motor vs the 2011 (being sold on Woot Plus now) at 3.5 CHP. Don't know anything about treadmills, so I'm not sure if that makes much of a difference at all. I honestly don't know where they fit the horses to power these things anyway.

I'm no expert, so take this with a grain of salt, but from what I've gathered via shopping, Bigger motor, more weight its designed to take. Which in turn may lead to more life of the motor, as it doesn't have to stress if your at that limit.

mpamment

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mpamment

can't tell if I bought this bad boy or not! Was denied by woot but cc company says approved....

yellofever

Does anyone have any experience with the Treadmill Doctor Extended Service Plan? The treadmill came with a flyer advertising it.

CuzzinMerl

quality posts: 23 Private Messages CuzzinMerl
acanarelli wrote:All treadmills come in a flat box and all of them require some assembly. Not at all difficult to put together...tools are usually included and even folks with limited mechanical nowhow can do it in about an hour. Not a problem at all.

Agree. Anyone who could assemble a full-size, functional Space Shuttle in their garage using spare auto parts should have no trouble putting this together.

mrdigby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrdigby

I can't quite afford a thousand bucks, but fortunately, I have something almost as good outside. It's called a sidewalk. Unfortunately, I can't hang my clothes on the sidewalk at night. But for a thousand bucks, I can buy some hangers.