WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

LED Lightshow: Flashlights from LED Lenser

You never think about flashlights until you need one and the power's out. Unless you're my father-in-law; for some reason he loves accumulating flashlights. Whatever, I don't judge. It makes Christmas shopping easy.
LED Lenser official site

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 562 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Remember, the first step to recovery is to admit there's a problem. So who will be first: Hi, my name is ______ and I'm a flashlight-aholic.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan

Bought all the lights before when they were offered. The 3 all have different application. The dual light is great for using when you dont want to wake others but need to see. The Tac Torch is BRIGHT and will easily shine across my cul-de-sac and light the neighbors door. Great for spotting the Coyotes out here. And the 95 lumen is a great everyday light (my little one claimed this as her own).

I wish the large 500 lumen one was on sale. It is a beast and great to bring on late evening walks.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 562 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I gave the V2 to the 3 guys in my family when we celebrated yesterday. Dang that thing is bright. Getting one for me now.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Mundoh

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Mundoh

Hi thanks for being the first. I don't know if it was 2012 or what, but I've been dealing with this malady for about 5 years. Thanks & Merry Xmas

ThunderThighs wrote:Remember, the first step to recovery is to admit there's a problem. So who will be first: Hi, my name is ______ and I'm a flashlight-aholic.

lgromet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lgromet

Bought 2 of the V2 dual color ones on a previous woot. Very bright, with a hefty, solid feel in the hand. A quality product. I really like the extra red light too, great for use in a dark room, especially if you need to find something and don't want to wake someone. I'm very pleased with these, can't beat them at this price. In for 4 more.

radi0j0hn

quality posts: 95 Private Messages radi0j0hn

Several Years ago, Woot! offered some LED flashlights that ran on "D" cells. I got two and they were some of the best things I have every gotten. In an outage, one light, aimed at the ceiling made the room navigable. When there is some critter out in the (rural) landscape, it casts a powerful beam. Give up on "toy" flashlights and get at least one of these!

acpress.com Not cute, but useful.

alicemadison

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alicemadison

I LIKE the led lightshow

mick66

quality posts: 5 Private Messages mick66

I bought these on Friday, I don't need them today. What I need is the T7 that was sold out.

showcaller

quality posts: 33 Private Messages showcaller

I am not really sure what the big deal is with these flashlights at these price points. The two that are still available are not bad deals if you want something small and pretty bright for the size - but most of all you don't want to do any research and think about it. You click the "I want One" (or two or three) and as fast as you can spell Woot - you're done. However with a little research (googling) one can find flash lights that are 1,000 lumens in the $20.00 range. There is a slew of them out there.

For the record, I bought two 280 lumens flashlights on Woot a couple of months ago for 19.95 each that I use as a bike light. It lights up stop signs easily a quarter of a mile away and if I don't have it adjusted correctly cars flash their brites at me. All these flashlights will probably do the trick, but the ones here are not the only game in town at this price point. Merry X mas, happy new year and happy wooting.

ongware

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ongware

What are the diameter of these flashlights? 1" by any chance, so I can use them as cheapie flashlight attachments for my home defense weapons?

tickledtrout

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tickledtrout
showcaller wrote:I am not really sure what the big deal is with these flashlights at these price points. The two that are still available are not bad deals if you want something small and pretty bright for the size - but most of all you don't want to do any research and think about it. You click the "I want One" (or two or three) and as fast as you can spell Woot - you're done. However with a little research (googling) one can find flash lights that are 1,000 lumens in the $20.00 range. There is a slew of them out there.

For the record, I bought two 280 lumens flashlights on Woot a couple of months ago for 19.95 each that I use as a bike light. It lights up stop signs easily a quarter of a mile away and if I don't have it adjusted correctly cars flash their brites at me. All these flashlights will probably do the trick, but the ones here are not the only game in town at this price point. Merry X mas, happy new year and happy wooting.

I would guess that most people have seen deals for flashlights with 500-1000 lumens for $20-30 but know that lumens aren't the only thing that make flashlights good. I bought a mini LED maglite with 226 lumens that I was pretty disappointed with. The Tac Torch is much better in terms of focusing the beam. I tried out a 500 lumen flashlight for $20 at Lowes and while bright, its light diffused after a relatively short distance because it could not focus. These are better buys in my opinion because they have great lenses/focusing ability, they are very well built, and have 5 year warranties.

tickledtrout

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tickledtrout
ongware wrote:What are the diameter of these flashlights? 1" by any chance, so I can use them as cheapie flashlight attachments for my home defense weapons?

The two that are still available (dual color and the 95 lumen) have 1" diameters from what I just measured.

showcaller

quality posts: 33 Private Messages showcaller

You bring up some really interesting points. 226 lumens is pretty impressive but as you suggest there are other factors that are more important. First, how is the lens focused? and what is the quality of the lens, not to mention the flashlight itself. The 290 lumens flashlights I bought here on Woot a couple of months back work out really well as a bicycle light. It is a spot beam but also lights up the surrounding 40 feet on either side, perfect for the neighborhood - BUT - I lucked out. It could have just as easily been a very wide angle light which would have done me no good as a bike light but then probbably would have been great when the power goes out in the house. I have also learned the hard way that just because a flashlight looks sturdy on a website, as soon as it arrives you can tell it is a cheap piece of junk made for a quarter in a China somewhere. To that end, I am not sure I have seen a low priced led flashlight in the 100 to 1,000 lumen range - made in America, not that there are any guarantees it is built better but I would still take my chances they are.

Happy wooting!

tickledtrout wrote:I would guess that most people have seen deals for flashlights with 500-1000 lumens for $20-30 but know that lumens aren't the only thing that make flashlights good. I bought a mini LED maglite with 226 lumens that I was pretty disappointed with. The Tac Torch is much better in terms of focusing the beam. I tried out a 500 lumen flashlight for $20 at Lowes and while bright, its light diffused after a relatively short distance because it could not focus. These are better buys in my opinion because they have great lenses/focusing ability, they are very well built, and have 5 year warranties.

meghano1989

quality posts: 5 Private Messages meghano1989

I just got the dual light from a previous Woot. It's super bright and will be great for camping, especially since it came with a belt case. My only complaint is that the buttons feel really flimsy and loose. I can see them getting stuck because they wiggle a lot.

spacefox

quality posts: 2 Private Messages spacefox

Looks like these started out being made in Germany -- anyone know if that's still true? Woot -- please, please always tell us where things are made ... and it'd be nice if that info were always in the same place; sometimes it's under features, sometimes it's under specs, sometimes it can't be found. Thank you!

racingfool

quality posts: 0 Private Messages racingfool

My first purchase, the T7.

5 days ago, hasn't shipped yet, is this normal?

ckeilah

quality posts: 149 Private Messages ckeilah

The light thrown by the v2 is uneven and relatively dim. The positive is that it works. Most other flashlights require being beaten to keep them on, driving the users to hurl a failed flashlight out into the darkness, risking harm and lawsuits from camping litigators. These LED Lemsers turn on when you need them and off when you're done. and could save you millions in wrongful death lawsuits.

Please do not increment my Quality Posts count. 69 is a good place to be. ;-)
MOD: We had to...we just HAD TO...

maybejet

quality posts: 6 Private Messages maybejet
racingfool wrote:My first purchase, the T7.

5 days ago, hasn't shipped yet, is this normal?

Patience is a virtue. Quite often, the item will arrive the same day you see the "Shipped" status. Remember, there has been a holiday and a Sunday since your purchase; and, I am sure the Wooters who paid extra for faster shipping went to the front of the line (I would expect that if I paid the higher shipping cost). When your T-7 arrives, you will love it! It throws one heck of a beam and still lights the surrounding area. Whatever you do, don't let kids play with it. It is way too bright (like most LED's) to be used as a toy.

maybejet

quality posts: 6 Private Messages maybejet
ThunderThighs wrote:Remember, the first step to recovery is to admit there's a problem. So who will be first: Hi, my name is ______ and I'm a flashlight-aholic.

Yes, I am a Flash-Aholic. I am also addicted to knives, firearms, and Diet Dr Pepper. The positive side to all this is that my wife knows I am faithful to her...if nothing else, I couldn't afford to have a mistress and going to a bar and ordering a "round of Diet Dr Pepper for all my new friends" doesn't bode well.

racingfool

quality posts: 0 Private Messages racingfool
maybejet wrote:When your T-7 arrives, you will love it!

Yeah I've had a P7 for a year or two I paid $70 for.

$28 for the same flashlight with a slightly different look I couldn't pass up.

maybejet wrote:I am also addicted to knives,

You might appreciate my Spyderco Leafstorm I carry daily.

bmkclemens

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bmkclemens

As a sufferer from night blindness I use a flashlight regularly. Additionally, I have a Maglite that uses 4 D cells that has lasted over 20 years. However, since that time, I have bought 3 mini Maglites that use 2 AA batteries and all have failed. I bought Icon flashlights from Woot and those are great. These have been dropped/thrown by my two year old on hardwood floors numerous times and still function flawlessly. I hope the 3 V2's I bought are equally durable.

amznshopper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amznshopper

Thanks WooT
I got the V2 and it's a fantastic light, it's my 2nd one.
Only negative was the V2 light I ordered from Woot didn't come with the safety hook, but that's alright.
If any other versions of the LED Lenser show up on Woot, I will get it too.

egbailer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages egbailer

For the price, my V2 is the brightest little flashlight I have ever owned! It will certainly blind you temporarily if you look directly into it (not at all recommended)! I love it! And for a shipped price of only $8.70, how the heck can you beat that?

fire2heart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fire2heart

It has not arrived yet and it's been over 2 weeks Boo!

ROGETRAY

quality posts: 156 Private Messages ROGETRAY

Staff

fire2heart wrote:It has not arrived yet and it's been over 2 weeks Boo!

Sorry to hear that you haven't received your order yet.

Please shoot an email over to Woot Member Services at support@woot.com and I'm sure they'll be able to help you out :D