captainproton

quality posts: 1 Private Messages captainproton
aerograd9 wrote:Yet another fan boy choosing to focus on the Bunch of Cheer issue instead of paying attention to the bigger underlying discontent. Read the overall message of the majority before you blindly focus on a single detail.

I think I'm hardly a "fan boy" - I haven't had the chance to post (or order that much) here for a long enough time to be slandered as a "fan boy."

Ringo4422

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Ringo4422

This isn't anything close to a good deal. Woot! What have you done? What happened to the great deals where Woot prided itself before it was sold off?

Vizio 32” 720p LCD HDTV (2 of them), Seagate 750GB SATA/300 7200RPM Hard Drive, SiliconDust HDHomeRun Dual Digital HDTV Tuner, Kodak Theater HD Player, Acer Aspire One 10.1” Netbook, Philips Prestigo 8-Device Universal Remote, Asus Eee PC 900 Netbook with 1.6GHz Atom Processor, Philips Upconverting DVD Player with DivX and HDMI, Ashley Rock Axe Full Size Rockband and Guitar Hero Controller for PS2 and PS3, Philips Icon 5 Device Universal Remote, and a bunch of other carp.

tomonline976

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomonline976

Not exactly sure of these batteries... Duracells at bjs arent much more money. Add shipping and this deal is bust.

draigun

quality posts: 22 Private Messages draigun
aerograd9 wrote:Yet another fan boy choosing to focus on the Bunch of Cheer issue instead of paying attention to the bigger underlying discontent. Read the overall message of the majority before you blindly focus on a single detail.

You seem to be pretty focused on calling everyone who disagrees with you a fan boy. Would that make you a crybaby? You've made 3-9 Woot purchases in nearly three years, but you're right. Woot definitely owes you a Big ol' Celebration.

I know that, having made literally hundreds of Amazon purchases this year, I am absolutely livid they did not reward me in some way as a valuable customer! And Steam? WOAH MAN. The number of games I have purchased from Steam and not even a single COUPON? What has this world come to!?

This basically sums up every holiday at Woot.

ften

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ften
draigun wrote:You seem to be pretty focused on calling everyone who disagrees with you a fan boy. Would that make you a crybaby? You've made 3-9 Woot purchases in nearly three years, but you're right. Woot definitely owes you a Big ol' Celebration.

I know that, having made literally hundreds of Amazon purchases this year, I am absolutely livid they did not reward me in some way as a valuable customer! And Steam? WOAH MAN. The number of games I have purchased from Steam and not even a single COUPON? What has this world come to!?

LOL

aerograd9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aerograd9
draigun wrote:You seem to be pretty focused on calling everyone who disagrees with you a fan boy. Would that make you a crybaby? You've made 3-9 Woot purchases in nearly three years, but you're right. Woot definitely owes you a Big ol' Celebration.

Aww, are you still looking to flex your epeen? Still upset that I called you out for being obnoxious last night? STILL trying to make this about a Bunch of Cheer ? Let me reiterate my point one more time for you.. real.. nice.. and.. slow... Listening this time?

I have said nothing about feeling obligated in any way. Nor have I once made any of my comments in this thread around the lack of a Bunch of Cheer . My feeling is that this site, as a whole, is losing what made it unique and I can only hope that based on the shear volume of comments (excluding my own) that the Woot! staff is listening. I say this because I for one appreciated what Woot! was, and not what it seems to be becoming. Agree with me or not. I really don't care. But yes, I will call you and others out as fan boys when you Ignorantly try to make all of the feedback on here about the Bunch of Cheer . If you aren't going to take the time to read through the constructive criticisms of others on here your comments are about as meaningless as your bragging over the number of items you have wasted your money on this year.

Now if you are done being butt hurt move along, because I'm done with you.

draigun

aerograd9 wrote:tl;dr

I don't seem to be the one who is butthurt, here. LOL

I'm confused and you're not helping to make it clear. If it's not about the lack of crap that is driving Woot downhill for you, then what is the problem? What made Woot unique before that has suddenly been lost?

Nevermind. You seem to have a history of butthurt and saying you'll never be back, even WHEN a bag is offered. Yet, here you are.

thumperchick

quality posts: 239 Private Messages thumperchick
rob22222 wrote:A. You've missed the point entirely.

B. Not everyone in this world - including myself - celebrates this holiday in the first place.

C. How exactly does one "have a sad"?

WOOT SPOKESPERSON: "And no, I guess it's true, we don't need you to buy......"

A: I haven't missed the point. a Large amount of people are acting out in an immature manner because they didn't get a chance to spend $3 + shipping on a Bunch of Cheer They expected it because it was a woot tradition. Woot has changed. disappointment abounds. I think it's ridiculous to see so many people be this rude about a product not being available. They didn't tell you it would be.

B: Since you don't celebrate Christmas, why would you expect to get a Bunch of Cheer for Christmas?

C: How to "have" a "sad" - have a temporary feeling of sadness for a particular situation, then let it go because hanging onto 10 pages of negative crap isn't good for you. I had a sad, I let it go.

Quoting a wootployee from the fb page without referencing the comment she was answering is misleading at best. It's also true, they don't need you to buy a product they are not selling right now. Context, it's a...

brianjbrady

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brianjbrady

I think you are missing the point.
Yes Amazon made a purchase. I/We understand that there are going to be changes. But the C-Mass Bunch of Cheer were a long standing tradition. Not to mention my ONLY chance all year to snag this elusive unicorn (due to my junk internet connection at work).

My point is that this tradition made woot different, a full Bunch of Cheer in a oasis of deal-o-day crap sites. This is why I started every day at woot. This is why I told everyone I work with about woot, and this is why we all come back every day. We like being part of something special, something different, and we all like a good deal.

The relationship has lost some/most of its magic.

draigun wrote:

memnoch69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages memnoch69
aerograd9 wrote:Make all of the statements you want about people crying over the lack of a Bunch of Cheer . In the grand scheme of things the likelihood of people getting one is very small, and the majority of loyal Woot!-ers know better than to expect one. The underlying message, and real problem, here is that Woot! is turning its back on what made it great. A lot of the loyal fans came to this site because it was something unique. There was a trendy edginess that made it a refreshing alternative to both one day and online shopping sites alike.

Over the past year or so that has gone away and, in my personal opinion, it is becoming harder and harder to distinguish Woot! from any other online site. The deals don't feel the same, the edginess feels forced, and the unique deals (Bunch of Cheer#39;s) are being stripped away. In short, the site doesn't stand out anymore. Am I going to say I will never shop Woot! anymore? No. But I will say that it is becoming harder and harder to choose Woot!, and I want them to know it. I just hope that someone in the company takes the time to really hear the underlying discontent on these forums and takes it to heart.

With messages like "we don't need you" being posted by the staff on Facebook, however, I fear they may not.

This times 1,000,000. It isn't the crap...no one here ever expected crap, although it was a nice incentive. It was the uniqueness. It was the fun. It was seeing people opening their crap on youtube. It was hearing stories of the guy who got 10,000 action figures. It was the fact this was a fun and exciting website. I was the fact it wasn't amazon or ebay.

twitter is the dumbest F%#$ing thing that ever happened to the internet.

draigun

brianjbrady wrote:I think you are missing the point.
Yes Amazon made a purchase. I/We understand that there are going to be changes. But the C-Mass Bunch of Cheer were a long standing tradition. Not to mention my ONLY chance all year to snag this elusive unicorn (due to my junk internet connection at work).

My point is that this tradition made woot different, a full Bunch of Cheer in a oasis of deal-o-day crap sites. This is why I started every day at woot. This is why I told everyone I work with about woot, and this is why we all come back every day. We like being part of something special, something different, and we all like a good deal.

The relationship has lost some/most of its magic.

The Woot I know has always been full of surprises. $1,000,000 bag? Check. Choose Your Own Adventure? Check. Literally the worst flash game I have ever played in my life? Check. Stock Market Lottery? Check.

That's the tradition I know. That's fine if you're disappointed they did not offer one to everyone on Christmas, but I'm not sure how they're even breaking tradition here. The surprise for Christmas 2012's Craps? Actually rewarding those that took their time and helped contribute to the website. I see absolutely nothing wrong with that.

memnoch69 wrote:This times 1,000,000. It isn't the crap...no one here ever expected crap, although it was a nice incentive. It was the uniqueness. It was the fun. It was seeing people opening their crap on youtube. It was hearing stories of the guy who got 10,000 action figures. It was the fact this was a fun and exciting website. I was the fact it wasn't amazon or ebay.

So then go get excited watching everyone open their crap! It's already happening right over here.

memnoch69

Let me add one of the factors that stopped me coming here, this was a few months after the buyout. I ordered a monkey during a wootoff (along with 4-5 other things). When my package arrived there was no monkey to be found. I contacted woot to see what had happened. I was told that it could be a separate package and just to wait. 2 weeks later, still, no monkey. I contacted woot again. My response back was that they had sold all of the monkeys and had nothing to send to me. I asked if they would refund my purchase, and I was told no, because I had bought a monkey. Since then my only purchase was last years crap.

memnoch69

draigun wrote:So then go get excited watching everyone open their crap! It's already happening right over here.

I must have missed that. I will say this isn't my favorite way of distribution, but that it is at least a bit heartwarming. I always tell myself I am not my post count (going back to my days at the SPF). Then again, this isn't as horrible as that god awful flash game. Perhaps my hope is slightly restored. That isn't to say there are not other issues. The eleventy billion woot sites, the horrid customer service (at least, in my experience), and the decline in products that interest me at a price I find acceptable. Perhaps I will take this new year to forgive mistakes that have honestly left me bitter, and give woot another chance. With that said I still think that woot needs to stay true to what made them awesome...not just the bag full of crap, but the impulse buys of crap that leave you wondering why you purchased it in the first place, yet leaves you excited while tracking it from Dallas to your home town.

brianjbrady

draigun wrote:That's the tradition I know. That's fine if you're disappointed they did not offer one to everyone on Christmas, but I'm not sure how they're even breaking tradition here. The surprise for Christmas 2012's Craps? Actually rewarding those that took their time and helped contribute to the website. I see absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I got you, and I agree. Nothing wrong with rewarding the 1%, they put the time in. But, how many people are not coming back. From a biz point of view it might have been nice to throw the 99% a couple Bunch of Cheer#39;s. As I pointed out earlier, it really doesn't cost much if anything to throw this party. I'm sure someone with a fancy MBA did the math, hope their calculations were correct, the job market is pretty tough right now.

brianjbrady

memnoch69 wrote:... I will say this isn't my favorite way of distribution, but that it is at least a bit heartwarming. ... With that said I still think that woot needs to stay true to what made them awesome...

+1

cdebish

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cdebish

I think is was awesome that Woot sent something to all the people that Help in the forums. But not everybody who help woot did so in the forums. I'm sure I'm not the only person that has helped in other ways.

Being around since the beginning. I didn't post much in the forums as I’m dyslexic and have a hard time communicating with the written word. That being said I would talk anyone’s ear off that would listen and some that wouldn’t, proclaiming how awesome Woot was . The key word being WAS! I easily steered 1000s if not 10 of 1000s of people to Woot. I’ve spent lots of $$$ over the years and truly loved the site, but slowly but surely everything I loved about Woot is going away and I’m just not as passionate as I once was. From reading the forums today I would say I’m not alone. It’s not the end of the world (pun intended) and I had a great Christmas regardless of the no Christmas crap. in the end life goes on. Thanks for the ride woot it was awesome.
about a minute ago · Like

Some say I'm lucky, Others say it's skill. All I know is my 1st grade teacher would be proud!
My Craptastic Success - 24 and counting
4/1/13 5/22/12 4/25/12 3/22/12 12/25/11 12/6/11 7/12/11 5/11/11 3/9/11 3/26/10 12/25/09 4/1/09 12/25/08 10/23/08 7/12/08 6/20/08 4/1/08 12/25/07 10/25/07 3/23/07 1/31/07 12/25/06 11/17/06 11/17/06

CharlesP2009

quality posts: 27 Private Messages CharlesP2009

I recommend against Panasonic batteries. I purchased a dozen or so at a dollar store a couple years ago, and though the energy content and lifespan seem close to those of the big boys, holy smokes do these things leak! They more-or-less ruined two of my flashlights leaking and corroding the connectors. I've never experienced batteries leaking like these in the 21st century!

tie3278

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tie3278

wow...haven't checked woot in a while...but based off of the not cool merchandise the past few years, lack of deals, and this forum....it quite obvious that woot has sold out to the corporate world. I'll check back next year and see if things are better

Darvell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Darvell
thumperchick wrote:Anyone seeing the irony in 10 pages of complaints - about not getting what you wanted on Christmas?

Isn't this the behavior we try to teach our kids NOT to have? That Santa doesn't reward? I have a sad for this community now.

I seriously think you missed the point. Try rereading the complaints.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 565 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

miken927 wrote:I wonder if TT will be back in tonight -- I didn't get a chance to wish her a Merry Christmas! And Happy Holidays to all!

Don't need any batteries, though.

I'm here! Thank you and I hop you and yours had a wonderful Christmas.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

messyt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages messyt

Are you going to bat for us, standing up to management and getting the Bunch of Cheer back in normal rotation? Happy holidays, & happy new year to u.

ThunderThighs wrote:I'm here! Thank you and I hop you and yours had a wonderful Christmas.

josmul123

quality posts: 1 Private Messages josmul123
ThunderThighs wrote:I'm here! Thank you and I hop you and yours had a wonderful Christmas.

Same to you, ThunderThighs. I'm sorry management's decision to end the 6-year tradition we've come to expect put more strain on your modding job.

Thank you for allowing us to vent our frustrations and not just deleting the messages. I wish you all the best as I bow out of the Woot scene. You really are the best mod (don't tell the other mods I said that).

dernst_ca1

quality posts: 37 Private Messages dernst_ca1

ya know, not everyone is complaining. I have had an account with woot since 2005. I have followed every wootoff and special event.

After staring at the screen for about twenty minutes and reading the forums, I resolved myself that there was nothing but batteries to be had, so I shut off the machine and spent the rest of the evening with my family instead of striving to get that sack of crap..

Thanks woot for that little bit of magic.

-JMHSRV

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

FunkyBlue

quality posts: 1 Private Messages FunkyBlue
draigun wrote:So then go get excited watching everyone open their crap! It's already happening right over here.

Wow. I guess a lot of us are eating crow. Still, most of these bags were hitting doorsteps on Saturday. A vague notice that Santa Craps was leaving this year's Christmas crap on people doorsteps may have headed this off just a wee bit.

For me, I guess this video pretty much sums it up for me. Replace Cleveland Browns with Woot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRBDMMVctu8

Sorry, Woot... We're still buds, right? Right?

/see you Sunday

peaceetc

quality posts: 7 Private Messages peaceetc
FunkyBlue wrote:Wow. I guess a lot of us are eating crow. Still, most of these bags were hitting doorsteps on Saturday. A vague notice that Santa Craps was leaving this year's Christmas crap on people doorsteps may have headed this off just a wee bit.

For me, I guess this video pretty much sums it up for me. Replace Cleveland Browns with Woot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRBDMMVctu8

Sorry, Woot... We're still buds, right? Right?

/see you Sunday

I don't see why we should be eating crow. That they rewarded certain users is perfectly fine by me -- there are those who have put quite a lot of effort on these forums, and I'm glad Woot recognized that -- but I don't think it negates everything else.

What gets me is they ended this long-standing tradition without telling us, then seemed surprised (and possibly annoyed, judging by the Facebook post) folks were upset.

I know there are no bags to be had, and I'm cool with that. I'm just sad about how all this went down.

I've won a lot of bags of crud. Envy me.

saltone

quality posts: 1 Private Messages saltone
msstrickland wrote:http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=woot.com

Found this on the facebook page. Pretty obvious this site is dying, and Amaz doesn't care.

that is really interesting.

"What the hell are we doing fighting government, let's become government and we can then take whatever we want!".
Al Capone

srlagarto

quality posts: 11 Private Messages srlagarto
aerograd9 wrote:This is no longer about change. Change is the fact that the site lots all of its appeal in the redesign, the fun/ quirky aspect is gone, and not all Woot!-offs have a Bunch of Cheer No... at this point it is about being a Grinch, messing with tradition, and giving a big FU to peple who have taken time from their Christmas for years, just to visit your site. Then, to top it all off, we get flippant and rude comments from Woot! staff, just to make sure how little we are wanted or needed. Thanks for making it clear to us that we aren't wanted.

Business is about change. Business is about moving forward. Business is about adapting to the ever-changing world economy to survive.

Woot! is a business. Just remember that. If Woot! were to continue doing business like it did in the "good ol' days," you wouldn't be complaining about "tradition" (which doesn't exist in the real business world) and how Woot! insulted you because Woot! would have shut down long ago.

peaceetc

quality posts: 7 Private Messages peaceetc
srlagarto wrote:Business is about change. Business is about moving forward. Business is about adapting to the ever-changing world economy to survive.

Woot! is a business. Just remember that. If Woot! were to continue doing business like it did in the "good ol' days," you wouldn't be complaining about "tradition" (which doesn't exist in the real business world) and how Woot! insulted you because Woot! would have shut down long ago.

Would they have shut down? Amazon bought Woot for a reason, and it wasn't to take it as a loss.

I'm not against change itself, I'm against Woot losing what made it special in the first place.

I've won a lot of bags of crud. Envy me.

jon98gn

quality posts: 21 Private Messages jon98gn

Maybe Woot! will start throwing random crap into their regular orders. Like finding the magical onion ring inside of your order of french fries. Maybe instead people will start finding a random AAA battery lodged beneath their Panasonic Universal Remote Control purchased during the Woot Off!. A Green Woot! Kids t-shirt sized 8 found wrapped around their refurbished Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.0 This magic could be out there and we just never know it until your glorious orders arrive. Then again, those who never buy anything except the Bag of Christmas will never know.... because you are on the Woot! Naughty list.

\

grumb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages grumb

With all of the son's (and daughter's) of Woot spinoff sites, I find myself checking a lot less often than I used to but thanks to mobile apps I check Woot itself at least once a day. I happened to be up late on Christmas Eve so I checked Woot half expecting the traditional Christmas Bunch of Cheer When I saw it wasn't there, I was disappopinted, not so much in the fact that there was no Crap, but that another uniqueness of Woot had vanished. I think that is what bothers me most about the super crowded pages, deals that really aren'e, etc. The things that made Woot Woot are gradually but steadily disappearing, and that is what I think the sentiment of these posts is really all about.

EddyGurge

quality posts: 9 Private Messages EddyGurge

I'm just fine with Woot!. Keep up the good work guys. Props to Thunder Thighs for what you put up with.

rich5665

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rich5665

It's been down hill after the Amazonian take over

collegepunk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages collegepunk

Woot has just gone way down over the past few years. The lack of Bunch of Cheer is the nail in the coffin.

jwheeler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jwheeler

it's interesting that they gave out Bins of Chocolate to their fanboys and with that loyalty comes a sense of needing to defend the company in the forums. It looks like amazon strategy has worked. Who needs mods when you can pay off a few fanboys by giving them an exclusive Bunch of Cheer I too join the mass of people that say woot is just a minor player in the deal a day market now that they've created their 'we're making money with our new business model site' that replicates every one else.

Eight years of wooting and barely here.

Skotyman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Skotyman
memnoch69 wrote:This times 1,000,000. It isn't the crap...no one here ever expected crap, although it was a nice incentive. It was the uniqueness. It was the fun. It was seeing people opening their crap on youtube. It was hearing stories of the guy who got 10,000 action figures. It was the fact this was a fun and exciting website. I was the fact it wasn't amazon or ebay.

I'm not going to read through this whole thread, but these two guys seem to have it right.

rclaeys

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rclaeys

You just won the internets

goodentime wrote:WHAT THE HEY WOOT???? I'VE BEEN WANTING A Big ol' Celebration FOR THREE YEARS AND I FINALLY AM ON THE VERY MINUTE AND YOU POST THIS?????

AND YOU AUTO-CORRECT ME!???!???? YOU DON'T CORRECT ME...I CORRECT YOU!!!!

wallsg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages wallsg

Whether you're a fanboy or a hater, Woot has changed. It's no longer the unique site it once was. It's just part of Amazon now.

I have nine pages of purchases going back to the the 8/1/08 "Everglide S-500 Professional Headphone" and the 8/25/08 "Olevia 65" 1080p LCD HDTV" (did you know that James Madison was our shortest president?) all the way to the 2/2/12 "Toshiba Thrive 16 GB Android Tablet with Wi-Fi" and 2/22/12 "Razor Arcosta Gaming Keyboard - Silver". There's a whole bunch of other stuff, including tons of shirts and 14 BOCs (last one 3/22/12). Since the major interface change, wiping away the last vestiges of the Old Woot, I don't even check this site. My wife tells me when there's a good shirt and that's pretty much it.

I have www.mywoot.net up while I'm reading email, but the only reason I even knew that there was a Woot Off was a friend's email.

Might as well be 1saleaday.com.

B.O.C. - 10/23/08, 12/25/08, 12/25/09, 01/28/10, 06/24/10, 12/01/10, 08/17/11, 09/14/11, 10/12/11, 11/09/11, 12/06/11, 12/25/11, 01/19/12, 03/22/12,
Game Over