darthguapo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darthguapo

I ditched my family for this!? Why did you have to ruin Christmas! No Bunch of Cheer

thumperchick

quality posts: 234 Private Messages thumperchick

On Christmas Eve,
On Christmas Eve,
We ran out of
Batteries.

Then here comes Woot
to light the way
by selling them
on Christmas Day

Merry Wootmas all.

thurmanite

quality posts: 4 Private Messages thurmanite

Here's an idea. On this day, of any day of the year, where so many look to the future and the coming year with hope and joy, you simply appreciate Woot and go to bed with your families. Or, stay here and complain like some donkeys, or ja_ka__es, about how the old woot is gone. Your choice.

Good night everyone and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

skraft1

quality posts: 2 Private Messages skraft1

Like a horse with a broken foot... good buy old friend...

gsr1197

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gsr1197

I think Santa crapped in a box and delivered it to Woot and they are upset. I waited up for BATTERIES??? What a bunch of BS!

BigRedDogATL

quality posts: 24 Private Messages BigRedDogATL

What ever happened to Captain Crap? Did he get downsized and laid off?

Foolishgrizz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Foolishgrizz
kcasterwk wrote:It's been fun Woot but I'm never buying here again. To all those loyal Wooters since the beginning, have a merry Christmas and happy new year all! I'd say I'll see you guys again on April first, Woot's anniversary, and Christmas Eve but the site is a joke now.

: ( much agreed... It has become a circus of sadness...

CooperDude

quality posts: 10 Private Messages CooperDude

Well the new owners aren't much for tradition, are they? My enthusiasm for Woot just went down another 25%. It slipped 25% at each of the last two woot-offs that came and went with no bags of cats. Oh well... Now when I see flashing lights on Woot, I'll just keep surfing. The allure is gone.

appledude9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages appledude9

Maybe it will be posted during the day? IIRC, on their 'birthday' there wasn't one at midnight, rather it happened during the day or something through social networking.

I have hope, because to ruin a holiday tradition is rather cruel.

kmdmg

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kmdmg

Sadness. What are you thinking, Woot? Why mess with a good thing.

peaceetc

quality posts: 7 Private Messages peaceetc

Gather 'round, kids, it's time to tell you youngins a Christmas story. See, when I was your age, Woot.com used to respect tradition. Every Christmas at midnight (Central time), they'd post a Big ol' Celebration and we paid good money for it. That's right, we paid for crap and we liked it. Not like you kids nowadays with your ipaddles and smarmy phones. Why, I remember one year I got a plastic watch which shot little plastic missiles, and... hey, where ya goin'? Get back here, you little good for nothin' brats!

I've won a lot of bags of crud. Envy me.

mbarr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mbarr

It's a sad day when the annual Christmas Eve Bag O Crap is no more. Woot you have really crushed my holiday spirit!

jdpman

quality posts: 16 Private Messages jdpman

Bunch of Cheer died when threepiecewoot handed over the reins. the carp was never the same once he left, and these days woots just been slowly fading it away. its over ladies and gents.

rip carp

Charitwo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Charitwo
cymbalmonkey wrote:You must be new here.

When I first started here I thought people intentionally changed the wording of bag of ᴄrap as some sort of inside joke, took me a while to figure out it was forum magic

i was like what the Mistletoe is a burgandy olfactory center

cntheilacker

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cntheilacker

Bee Oh Cee = Batteries On Christmas. Much like the jelly-of-the-month club, that's the gift that keeps on giving the whole year. Merry Christmas Woot! and Woot(!)izens.

pilotwillie

quality posts: 18 Private Messages pilotwillie

I actually am running low on the Rayovacs I bought who knows how long ago. Was going to purchase the tech.woot sidesale of kodak/acdelco and then forgot. Now I'm just trying to figure out which is the better value compared to what I need. Hopefully they're still up later in the day so I can verify with everyone else which is the better option.

vernon71

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vernon71

Wow, that's a lot of batteries, and they are alkaline plus.

How do I find the Bunch Of Cheer?

bdschafer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bdschafer
talon009 wrote:this is the worst christmas of my life.... somebody please find what I'm missing :-\

JESUS

tomonline976

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tomonline976

Aaaah one day I will be talking with the kids about the good old days when gas was 3.50 a gallon and on xmas woot used to offer a mysterious bag of carp to their customers.

sacat90706

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sacat90706

Crap, no crap! It's funny, presumably one company buys another because what they did works. Why did The company that bought Woot (I think it was Amazon), stop the traditions that made Woot successful in the first place. It seems counterintuitive. But yeah, at least we have more batteries for Christmas eve. Whoopty-do. Who needs crap, the the that made Woot successful,

ChicagoJack

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ChicagoJack

Whine Not for a Big ol' Celebration, I won 5 bags and they all were pure crap that I threw away.

Happy New Year

stuntdriver

quality posts: 9 Private Messages stuntdriver
tomonline976 wrote:Aaaah one day I will be talking with the kids about the good old days when gas was 3.50 a gallon and on xmas woot used to offer a mysterious bag of carp to their customers.

This shall be...

• World of WootCrap lv5 07/11/14
  • Bag of Shirt Crap 7/11/14
  • Personal Facebook Crap 6/25/14
  • 12 Days of Crapness 12/8/13
  • in-your-crapday-suit 7/12/12
  • Big ol' Catapult 4/26/12
  • Big ol' Catapult 3/22/12
  • Big ol' Catapult 6/15/11
  • Random Crap (Level 8) 4/1/11
  • Random Crap (Level 2) 4/1/11
  • Random Crap 10/21/10
  • Random Crap 9/22/10
  • Random Crap 8/20/10
  • Adventure Crap 4/1/10
  • Random Crap 1/28/10
  • Santa’s Sack O’ Crap 12/25/09
  • Random Crap 12/25/08
  • Random Crap 6/20/08
  • Random Crap 4/1/08
  • Sansa e250 11/5/07 (The one that started it all!)

padfoot42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages padfoot42

Cool! Everyone needs to chill about the bag, embrace the Christmas cheer! =)

nelvinboy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nelvinboy

bah humbug

--- Jon

brittniamazingly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brittniamazingly

I was so prepared this year too. it was going to happen! but alas... no

Brittni Gustaf

rauq

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rauq

You can get batteries in these quantities with Walmart ship-to-store for about the same price.

Won'tpostanyway

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Won'tpostanyway

...and to all a good night.

tcasolo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tcasolo

It's the end of Woot as we know it................

elster000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elster000

I get it. Woot is being an "SOB" (SLEADLOAD OF BATTERIES), about the Bunch of Cheer

fencepost

quality posts: 2 Private Messages fencepost
Merry Christmas! You might be learning an important lesson today. Namely: ALWAYS HAVE EXTRA BATTERIES ON HAND AT ALL TIMES.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that's not really the important lesson people are learning today.

uncdomination

quality posts: 1 Private Messages uncdomination

What horse crap is this? No more bag o tricks on Christmas? It's a damned crying shame I say!

-Mike

censura

quality posts: 0 Private Messages censura

Oh well. Off to enjoy a nice night and play video games while the midgets slumber. I hope you all have fun and forget about the stocking of coal.

dlcarst77

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dlcarst77

Woot should at least give us a farewell to crap woot-off. It seems bags o' crapp are extinct, but it would be improper to not have a farewell.

Woots: 24
Hours wasted on Woot: countless
Regrets: 0

BigRedDogATL

quality posts: 24 Private Messages BigRedDogATL

Woot posted on Facebook that there officially is no Bag of Carp this Christmas.

eatingjuice

quality posts: 7 Private Messages eatingjuice

People using the Christmas spirit as a reason to excuse the dump that is now this site.

naughty list for all your chimneys and stockings.

yakeshinu

quality posts: 5 Private Messages yakeshinu

Merry Xmas to you, Woot Staff people!

While I miss the You Know What, it's not the ONLY reason to Woot (although it is the main reason to stay really tuned-in to a Woot-off, I'm sorry to say.)

Still, we've had some good times over the years, so I won't abandon you just because you seem to have forgotten to get me a (chance at a) present.

WOOTSUPPP!!

quality posts: 13 Private Messages WOOTSUPPP!!

For the past 7 Christmases I have been able to purchase a Bag of Cat's. Now this year, nothing.

After wasting a full day on April 1st, I will not do that again.

I think woot! has left the building.
Go to bed. I repeat woot! has left the building!

Merry Christmas to all!!

jthebird1977

quality posts: 26 Private Messages jthebird1977

Sledload Of Batteries
this S.O.B makes me want to sob. *sniff*

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

msstrickland

quality posts: 0 Private Messages msstrickland

Well, its been real woot. After spending thousands of dollars and buying 50+ items on your site, I'm done with this site forever. Definitely the last straw. Being in finance for a large company I understand trying to maximize profitability, but abandoning your loyal customer base in the age of social media is going to prove to be a major mistake.

DaddyRPM

quality posts: 1 Private Messages DaddyRPM

remember when Woot actually used to do product launches, and bring us cool stuff we hadn't seen 100 times before? Its sad, looked at my account 16 pages of purchases, and doubt i will get anything else here, bye Woot, was nice knowing ya...