brianjbrady

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brianjbrady

'This is not the crap you were looking for'. Santa's crap sled is dead. You will be missed.

Nemnoch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Nemnoch
yakeshinu wrote:Merry Xmas to you, Woot Staff people!

While I miss the You Know What, it's not the ONLY reason to Woot (although it is the main reason to stay really tuned-in to a Woot-off, I'm sorry to say.)

Still, we've had some good times over the years, so I won't abandon you just because you seem to have forgotten to get me a (chance at a) present.

However, abandoning them due to the site being hard to navigate now with a bunch of useless data in the way is a good reason. The old Woot was clean and very easy to use. I come to it now looking for the 1 single product of the day and get 20 shoved in my face, and being forced to click another link to read the awesome descriptions pisses me off.

brentdeb

quality posts: 2 Private Messages brentdeb

I am just upset Home woot does not have a survey today. What kinda joke is this? I come here everyday for surveys. The nerve of them. Ugh Merry Christmas Ya'll!

RebelTaz

quality posts: 8 Private Messages RebelTaz

Woot's official statement as per their facebook page:

"Woot There is seriously no Bunch of Cheer this year. And no, I guess it's true, we don't need you to buy the Bunch of Cheer"

jdpman

quality posts: 16 Private Messages jdpman

Greshmahg

quality posts: 50 Private Messages Greshmahg

Not having a bag this year is one thing. It's a slap in the face of longstanding tradition, but it's not the end of the world.

However, having the Christmas item be something as completely pointless as inferior batteries....batteries that have been on the various Woot subsites almost nonstop for what seems like forever? That is extremely crappy towards Woot customers.

I just checked - I haven't bought anything from Amawoot other than shirts in almost a year. I used to have a Woot box show up on my door at least once a month, and god help me on the old Woot offs, where I'd end up with 7 or 8 things. This site honestly has not had one interesting thing on it in 2012. With a track record like that, I'm questioning whether I even need bother continue coming to the various Woot sites aside from shirt.woot.

dernst_ca1

quality posts: 37 Private Messages dernst_ca1

Merry xmas woot staff! have a great day tomorrow!!

-JMHSRV

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

OldMatador

quality posts: 13 Private Messages OldMatador

Woot, on their Facebook, announced there is *NO* Bunch of Cheer this year. Nada. Zip.

*Plays Taps*

Invisiblemoose

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Invisiblemoose

Well, I guess the original deal-a-day site we loved is gone. Some good times, though. Good times. (Remember the dude who got an anvil in his Bunch of Cheer ?) Merry Christmas everyone.

msstrickland

quality posts: 0 Private Messages msstrickland
Skizzo wrote:This is the truth.

I have a theory Amazon bought woot in order to slowly kill the website to drive traffic towards their "gold box" or "lighting round deals" I don't think they ever wanted to make money off woot, instead they were threatened woot would be competition and now are draining the life from the site on purpose.

Skizzo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Skizzo

At least upper management made millions on the Amazon deal but F'ed the people that will make him his next million.

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys

The last normal Bunch of Cheer I saw on woot! crashed the servers for half the day. Ever since woot! beta I think they have switched to other methods to distribute bags of crap. I'm sure nobody wants to be up all night Christmas trying keep the server stable.

Merry Christmas!

[MOD: You're on to something there. Merry Christmas to you too!]

JAKWoot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JAKWoot
mistamoose wrote:Ditto. :o(

So so much...

elster000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elster000
OldMatador wrote:Woot, on their Facebook, announced there is *NO* Bunch of Cheer this year. Nada. Zip.

*Plays Taps*

Unlike

cappo

quality posts: 33 Private Messages cappo

Merry Christmas one and all!

acraigl

quality posts: 43 Private Messages acraigl

Apparently surprise craps were given to active community members this year. Nice to have folks that frequent the site get rewarded like that (I was not among them).

I do miss these 'opportunities' however. The facebook giveaways don't really do it for me. The treasure hunt was clever, but like in modern warfare, my fingers just aren't fast enough, so I always get beat.

I really felt that the 'Random Crap' during the wootoff was the most fair. You had to be a loyal shopper, paying attention to the woot-off, be in the right place at the right time, AND still be lucky that the servers didn't crash.

Missing the old woot as well...

lawngnome

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lawngnome

Woot's response on Facebook:

"There is seriously no Bunch of Cheer this year. And no, I guess it's true, we don't need you to buy the Bunch of Cheer"

The second sentence was in response to another post. Seems a bit rude, but just another sign that old Woot is gone.

m1sterb0b

quality posts: 1 Private Messages m1sterb0b

I'm not going to complain because woot has been good to me for many many years. I would, however, like it if, perhaps, a woot-staff could quite possibly appear, perhaps when the "darn no crap" posts start slowing down, and let us know what is up? Perhaps "we decided to no longer do 'crap'" or "we decided to make 'crap' more special". Anyways, Yes, I'm sad to not see a bag on this day, but at the same time, I've got some pretty sweet stuff (most of which I shouldn't have purchased) from woot and saved money doing it!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mnbigguy wrote:Well regardless. Merry Christmas to Thunder Thighs. First time I've ever said that...well almost. There was this bar in Wisconsin 20 years ago and...

Thank you and Merry Christmas to you. I hope you have a joy filled day.

FORUM MODERATOR............................ON VACATION
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

hdmatrix

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hdmatrix

We now get a Big ol' Celebration every day:
Crappy stuff
Crappy shipping
Crappy customer service

mistamoose

quality posts: 30 Private Messages mistamoose
Greshmahg wrote:Not having a bag this year is one thing. It's a slap in the face of longstanding tradition, but it's not the end of the world.

However, having the Christmas item be something as completely pointless as inferior batteries....batteries that have been on the various Woot subsites almost nonstop for what seems like forever? That is extremely crappy towards Woot customers.

I just checked - I haven't bought anything from Amawoot other than shirts in almost a year. With a track record like that, I'm questioning whether I even need bother continue coming to the various Woot sites aside from shirt.woot.

Well stated. I've actually bought plenty enough post acquisition, tonight included because I dig the shirt.woot today. But it is a bummer that the Christmas woot is a bunch of batteries ...

garylapointe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages garylapointe
BigRedDogATL wrote:Woot posted on Facebook that there officially is no Bag of Carp this Christmas.

It's about the 26th comment down on the batteries. Looks like it's really from Woot. https://www.facebook.com/woot

Seemed a little rude though....

Gary

Gary Said... (my blog) GHotos (my PHotos) Montezuma Pacific (photos from my favorite section of Costa Rica)
The Daily Meme.

Jertyrael

quality posts: 21 Private Messages Jertyrael

Pretty solid deal for a bunch of alkaline batteries.

Fortunately, there isn't anyone left in the family who gets devices or toys that need batteries anymore :P So, I will pass this one up!

Merry Christmas, everyone (except you greedy twerps with warped priorities.)

"Woot and all our various sites will continue to be an independently operated company full of horrible, useless products and an untalented jerkface writing staff, same as it ever was." -- Matt Rutledge

cracksbacks

quality posts: 5 Private Messages cracksbacks

Yeah, this is the final straw in my slow withdrawal from my woot addiction. Full time work away from a computer has sated my wootoff compulsions, now that the usual clockwork bags of crap are gone (I wonder if the old filters even work in the new woot reality) I will just check out the too many woot sites at some point during the day. Maybe. Meh.

talon009

quality posts: 0 Private Messages talon009

I just hope somebody eventually reads this and knows that I now feel like crap on Christmas. And I hope anyone who had anything to do with this feels like crap for crushing the spirits of people who supported their company. Ugh. This is so sad.

theoneill555

quality posts: 56 Private Messages theoneill555

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

That's O'neill with two L's *holds up three fingers*

andrewkl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages andrewkl
msstrickland wrote:Well, its been real woot. After spending thousands of dollars and buying 50+ items on your site, I'm done with this site forever. Definitely the last straw. Being in finance for a large company I understand trying to maximize profitability, but abandoning your loyal customer base in the age of social media is going to prove to be a major mistake.

It's easy to say that, but as long as your account is active, woot has a potential customer...
LEt Santa Claus FEEL the impact of their decisions, the alienation of those who made successful: close your accounts....

Edit: WOW woot. A. Zon hits the filters and comes out as Santa Claus".

Just really damn lucky: Random Crap: 2/15/08, 2/19/09, 12/25/09, 4/1/10, 12/1/10, 12/25/10, 4/1/11, 5/11/11, 9/14/11, 10/12/11, 12/25/11

msstrickland

quality posts: 0 Private Messages msstrickland
drau92mk wrote:Evidently, Amazon only bought woot to shut it down. That's how most buyouts happen. The buying company announces they're not going to change anything but in reality they're planning on destroying it. It's now time for the originators of woot to start a site by another name but have it act like the old woot, so this one can be put to dead. RIP!

my thoughts exactly.

bfalley

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bfalley

Boooooooo. Guess I won't have to stay up for christams eve any more. I suppose 2012 will go out with out me buying a single item from woot. I used to check it every day sadly it's just not the same any more.

atippinfan78

quality posts: 1 Private Messages atippinfan78

What the crap!

B. O. C. ~ 11.19.09 - 04.01.10 - 09.14.11 - 10.12.11 - 03.22.12 - 04.25.12 - 05.23.12 - 06.03.13

vernon71

quality posts: 2 Private Messages vernon71

is this related to the AWS outage that killed Netflix?

lancerc07

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lancerc07

"And no, I guess it's true, we don't need you to buy the Bunch of Cheer" - From Woot's Facebook

Wow woot. I can understand not doing a Bunch of Cheer but at least don't be arrogant about it and piss off people worse than you already have.

wishingtan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wishingtan

Woot: There is seriously no Bunch of Cheer this year. And no, I guess it's true, we don't need you to buy the Bunch of Cheer

garylapointe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages garylapointe

It's not like they've even been very exciting Bunch of Cheer lately; a friend and I both got one last year and they were pretty disappointing, but they were still fun to get.

Good night!

As long as Doctor Who doesn't disappoint, it'll be a Merry Christmas

Gary

Gary Said... (my blog) GHotos (my PHotos) Montezuma Pacific (photos from my favorite section of Costa Rica)
The Daily Meme.

Jertyrael

quality posts: 21 Private Messages Jertyrael
theoneill555 wrote:MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

+1000

"Woot and all our various sites will continue to be an independently operated company full of horrible, useless products and an untalented jerkface writing staff, same as it ever was." -- Matt Rutledge

pound30

quality posts: 1 Private Messages pound30
JAKWoot wrote:Well said. I've been a Wooter since 2004... Sad to say; Woot's dead.

Crapola. Oh well. I haven't spent a whole lot of time on this site in the past year as compared to years past. What a disappointment though. Its tradition.

atippinfan78

quality posts: 1 Private Messages atippinfan78
msstrickland wrote:my thoughts exactly.

completely agree

B. O. C. ~ 11.19.09 - 04.01.10 - 09.14.11 - 10.12.11 - 03.22.12 - 04.25.12 - 05.23.12 - 06.03.13

Gruv3451

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Gruv3451

Lights Please:

And there were in the same country shepherds, abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them! And they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, “Fear not! For, behold, I bring you tidings o great joy, which shall be to all my people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ, the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you: Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.” And suddenly, there was with the angel a multitude of the Heavenly Host praising God, and saying, “Glory to God in the Highest, and on Earth peace, and good will toward men.

That’s what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown.

zelucifer

quality posts: 2 Private Messages zelucifer

Merry Xmas to all. As we mourn the death of one tradition, hopefully we will all start another.

elster000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elster000

Well I had to get up to make sure Santa put something in my kid's stockings anyway. Merry XMAS.