stuntdriver

quality posts: 9 Private Messages stuntdriver
vernon71 wrote:is this related to the AWS outage that killed Netflix?

Yeah, this sucked... went to go watch a flick this late evening and nothing.

• World of WootCrap lv5 07/11/14
  • Bag of Shirt Crap 7/11/14
  • Personal Facebook Crap 6/25/14
  • 12 Days of Crapness 12/8/13
  • in-your-crapday-suit 7/12/12
  • Big ol' Catapult 4/26/12
  • Big ol' Catapult 3/22/12
  • Big ol' Catapult 6/15/11
  • Random Crap (Level 8) 4/1/11
  • Random Crap (Level 2) 4/1/11
  • Random Crap 10/21/10
  • Random Crap 9/22/10
  • Random Crap 8/20/10
  • Adventure Crap 4/1/10
  • Random Crap 1/28/10
  • Santa’s Sack O’ Crap 12/25/09
  • Random Crap 12/25/08
  • Random Crap 6/20/08
  • Random Crap 4/1/08
  • Sansa e250 11/5/07 (The one that started it all!)

astroliner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages astroliner
m1sterb0b wrote:I'm not going to complain because woot has been good to me for many many years. I would, however, like it if, perhaps, a woot-staff could quite possibly appear, perhaps when the "darn no crap" posts start slowing down, and let us know what is up? Perhaps "we decided to no longer do 'crap'" or "we decided to make 'crap' more special". Anyways, Yes, I'm sad to not see a bag on this day, but at the same time, I've got some pretty sweet stuff (most of which I shouldn't have purchased) from woot and saved money doing it!

Also this.

jimithing78

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jimithing78

I guess my Wooting days are over. I need to stop holding on to the glory days of Woot before they were purchased by Amazon.

I used to wait up every night to see what off the wall item I could throw my money at. And my co-workers and I bought Woot off lights for our work desks and watched Woot offs while we worked. But now there's no point - I don't follow Woot offs anymore and I certainly don't wait up every night to see what's coming up. It's the same old recycled junk.

Instead of offering true "Deals of the Day" we get Amazon reject items. This site has just become a way for them to clear inventory on slow moving Amazon items.

I had high hopes that Woot would offer even a little bit of redemption with a Bunch of Cheer on Christmas as was tradition but instead we're given another example of what's wrong with this website. Woot is gone forever and I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling this.

stanhouse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stanhouse

I personally don't think woot is dead. Is less cool then it use to be defiantly. But no Bunch of Cheer this year i can live with. maybe they will have them on new years though i doubt we will ever see them again. i just hope they at least start offering cool items on Christmas. and other holidays.

Edit: just read woots Facebook comments. seriously woot?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Merry Christmas to all the Wooters that celebrate. I hope you have a joyful day filled with family and friends.

For those that celebrate other holidays, I wish you a wonderful day of peace and relaxation.

And remember, the spirit of the holidays, whatever one you celebrate, is in your heart, with your family & friends, and in the meaning of the day... not in a retail site's daily sale.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

jel2301

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jel2301

I don't want batteries that I need. I want a carpy bag that I don't need.

BigRedDogATL

quality posts: 24 Private Messages BigRedDogATL

For those you are bummed out by Woot not having a Bag of Carp, you might like to know that ThingFling has a Total Mystery Box going on right now.

memnoch69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages memnoch69
Gruv3451 wrote:Lights Please:

And there were in the same country shepherds, abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them! And they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, “Fear not! For, behold, I bring you tidings o great joy, which shall be to all my people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ, the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you: Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.” And suddenly, there was with the angel a multitude of the Heavenly Host praising God, and saying, “Glory to God in the Highest, and on Earth peace, and good will toward men.

That’s what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown.

Yeah, I think the idea that Woot will bring back the crap is a better fairy tale

twitter is the dumbest F%#$ing thing that ever happened to the internet.

atippinfan78

quality posts: 1 Private Messages atippinfan78

So its official. Amazon Killed woot!

Amazon is great, in its own right, but destroying everything woot stands for.... Its a sad sad day.

B. O. C. ~ 11.19.09 - 04.01.10 - 09.14.11 - 10.12.11 - 03.22.12 - 04.25.12 - 05.23.12 - 06.03.13

wisenekt

quality posts: 29 Private Messages wisenekt

While reason has no place in this complaint of the lack of a Bunch of Cheer for reason, could people with less than 50 purchases in three or four years please stop complaining? Whether you like to think it or not, you do not keep Woot afloat. Woot loses money on every Bunch of Cheer so please, at least step up your purchase game before you complain.

That being said, get some sleep and enjoy Christmas with your friends and families tomorrow, while you still can.

messyt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages messyt

Really, No crap this year?
How do you expect to keep loyal WOot fans coming back? Are your intentions to completely eliminate the bag? I refuse to have a f'in facebook account. I don't need to be on there, it's not safe and is a data mining effort by the government to be able to invade our lives, so, In all fairness, you should not discriminate against loyal woot fans by only giving out craps to certain community members. It's Discrimination!!! You WILL be hearing from my Lawyers ;)

ThunderThighs wrote:Thank you and Merry Christmas to you. I hope you have a joy filled day.

Vishap

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Vishap

Waited until the wee hours to buy a Bunch of Cheer as a Christmas gift. Now realizing Christmas shopping on Christmas is not such a good idea. Oops?

I have to see, it looks like woot has changed a lot. I've been living somewhere where they don't ship to, so I haven't checked out the site in ages. It's all... differenty now.

Sadly, there's no point in checking what's for sale each day as I'll be back home before something I bought would ever arrive. Not that woot loses much in losing me as a customer. I wasn't the best wooter (didn't buy much) anyways, so I doubt they're sad to see me go. :P

ThunderThighs

Staff

yakeshinu wrote:Merry Xmas to you, Woot Staff people!

While I miss the You Know What, it's not the ONLY reason to Woot (although it is the main reason to stay really tuned-in to a Woot-off, I'm sorry to say.)

Still, we've had some good times over the years, so I won't abandon you just because you seem to have forgotten to get me a (chance at a) present.

Thank you and Merry Christmas to you. Have a great day!

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

MisterRon

quality posts: 6 Private Messages MisterRon

Merry Christmas to the Woot! staff and all ships at sea (everyone else)!!

MisterRon

Skizzo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Skizzo

Woot is a joke now, I hope someone important reads the 5 pages of annoyed past customers. If no Box of Carp at least offer something better than batteries.

ThunderThighs

Staff

dernst_ca1 wrote:Merry xmas woot staff! have a great day tomorrow!!

Thank you! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas day with friends and family.

FORUM MODERATOR

novidude

quality posts: 1 Private Messages novidude

To all the people who are complaining come one you will be back. I will admit batteries on Christmas is pretty bad specially with last years Christmas Day computer. I can't complain too much, I needed AAAs and don't have to run to the store.

ascii256

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ascii256

So how many people buy the batteries in the hopes that a Bunch of Cheer is included?

6/10 Dynamo Flashlight/Radio 6/5 PlayGear Share Splitter 5/31 VRDH200 Stereo Headphones
5/14 Single Serving Coffeemaker 4/27 Screaming Monkey with Black Cape 5/15 2 ear check ear thermometer 6/05 play gear share audio splitter 6/5 Logitech PlayGear Share Audio Splitter 4/27 Buslink Mini Stereo System 4/26 Zyxel M-202 Mimo Network Adapter 4/26 Excalibur USB Portable Drive 3/23 Screaming Monkey with Green Cape 3/23 Philips GoGear 2GB MP3 Player

rnatalie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages rnatalie

Have a super sparkly day!

Certified Wine Geek

cheddarcurtain04

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cheddarcurtain04

Don't forget what made you famous Woot... Oh wait you already did. I might as well go surf some other up and coming deal site now. Ah I see it now, bag of crud dot com. :P

lehrdude

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lehrdude

Dear Woot,

They'll be back...They ALWAYS come back!

Merry Christmas.

msstrickland

quality posts: 0 Private Messages msstrickland

http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=woot.com

Found this on the facebook page. Pretty obvious this site is dying, and Amaz doesn't care.

brucegtr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brucegtr

RIP Woot, it's not the same without the Bunch of Cheer

ThunderThighs

Staff

cappo wrote:Merry Christmas one and all!

And to you! I hope you have a joyous day.

FORUM MODERATOR

ozymandias2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ozymandias2
Gruv3451 wrote:Lights Please:

And there were in the same country shepherds, abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them! And they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, “Fear not! For, behold, I bring you tidings o great joy, which shall be to all my people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ, the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you: Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.” And suddenly, there was with the angel a multitude of the Heavenly Host praising God, and saying, “Glory to God in the Highest, and on Earth peace, and good will toward men.

That’s what Christmas is all about, Charlie Brown.

You don't have to drag your religion into everything -- everyone on this site knows exactly what Christians believe the season is all about, and if they care, good for the. If they don't care, your post is just sapm and going to annoy them.

cdebish

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cdebish

Well Said! Sure am missing the old Woot. But at last all things change.

Merry Christmas All!

jimithing78 wrote:I guess my Wooting days are over. I need to stop holding on to the glory days of Woot before they were purchased by Amazon.

I used to wait up every night to see what off the wall item I could throw my money at. And my co-workers and I bought Woot off lights for our work desks and watched Woot offs while we worked. But now there's no point - I don't follow Woot offs anymore and I certainly don't wait up every night to see what's coming up. It's the same old recycled junk.

Instead of offering true "Deals of the Day" we get Amazon reject items. This site has just become a way for them to clear inventory on slow moving Amazon items.

I had high hopes that Woot would offer even a little bit of redemption with a Bunch of Cheer on Christmas as was tradition but instead we're given another example of what's wrong with this website. Woot is gone forever and I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling this.

Some say I'm lucky, Others say it's skill. All I know is my 1st grade teacher would be proud!
My Craptastic Success - 24 and counting
4/1/13 5/22/12 4/25/12 3/22/12 12/25/11 12/6/11 7/12/11 5/11/11 3/9/11 3/26/10 12/25/09 4/1/09 12/25/08 10/23/08 7/12/08 6/20/08 4/1/08 12/25/07 10/25/07 3/23/07 1/31/07 12/25/06 11/17/06 11/17/06

FoolScott

quality posts: 3 Private Messages FoolScott

I keep refreshing the comments in hopes that someone has found the link of treasure. My hope is diminishing into a world of vile and utter darkness.

memnoch69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages memnoch69
novidude wrote:To all the people who are complaining come one you will be back. I will admit batteries on Christmas is pretty bad specially with last years Christmas Day computer. I can't complain too much, I needed AAAs and don't have to run to the store.

1 year to the day since my last purchase, twice in the past year I have visited the site. Was I as active as some, certainly not, but I was buying 3-4 times a year, and not just the Big ol' Celebration...it was what my budget allowed. Will I be back, there is a slim chance...but it is very slim, and each slap in the face from the corporation that bought out woot makes that chance slimmer and slimmer.

twitter is the dumbest F%#$ing thing that ever happened to the internet.

mjkane1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mjkane1

Bummed about the missing Bunch of Cheer but Merry Christmas everyone, especially poor ThunderThighs who no-one has yet pointed out is working Christmas Eve...

...Did I just buy that?

ThunderThighs

Staff

m1sterb0b wrote:I'm not going to complain because woot has been good to me for many many years. I would, however, like it if, perhaps, a woot-staff could quite possibly appear, perhaps when the "darn no crap" posts start slowing down, and let us know what is up? Perhaps "we decided to no longer do 'crap'" or "we decided to make 'crap' more special". Anyways, Yes, I'm sad to not see a bag on this day, but at the same time, I've got some pretty sweet stuff (most of which I shouldn't have purchased) from woot and saved money doing it!

Here's what my boss man, Gatzby, had to say the last time someone asked about Bunch of Cheer

FORUM MODERATOR

Jamessir

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Jamessir

I have never figured out how to score a Big ol' Celebration even when I'm online the second they are available. Server always times out. Been a wooter for several years but have had no luck. So I went to a party tonight and just got home with a bit of a buzz reading about how some of you couldn't get your 13th or 20th Big ol' Celebration. You made me smile. Merry Christmas. Woot On!

I'm so easy a caveman could do me!

lancerc07

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lancerc07

"Woot Alright, let's all calm down and look at some narwhals." - official post from Woot

garylapointe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages garylapointe
memnoch69 wrote:1 year to the day since my last purchase, twice in the past year I have visited the site. Was I as active as some, certainly not, but I was buying 3-4 times a year, and not just the Big ol' Celebration...it was what my budget allowed. Will I be back, there is a slim chance...but it is very slim, and each slap in the face from the corporation that bought out woot makes that chance slimmer and slimmer.

I just looked and that's the last time I bought anything either. I look every day and I guess I just didn't find anything...

Gary

Gary Said... (my blog) GHotos (my PHotos) Montezuma Pacific (photos from my favorite section of Costa Rica)
The Daily Meme.

jimithing78

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jimithing78
msstrickland wrote:http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=woot.com

Found this on the facebook page. Pretty obvious this site is dying, and Amaz doesn't care.

Nice link, thanks for that.

compudata

quality posts: 6 Private Messages compudata
lehrdude wrote:Dear Woot,

They'll be back...They ALWAYS come back!

Merry Christmas.

Yea, and the Great Pumpkin will rise out of the pumpkin patch bringing presents...

OldMatador

quality posts: 13 Private Messages OldMatador
lancerc07 wrote:Yeah. You need someone else handling your Facebook posts.

"Woot Alright, let's all calm down and look at some narwhals." - official post from Woot

Seriously Woot, I'm not disapointed in a break of traditon, but I am disapointed with how you are handling it.

Yeah, that person isn't exactly keen on mob control, are they? Yeah, some people are ridiculously overzealous about the Bunch of Cheer, but that person running the Facebook account ain't helping.

jdpman

quality posts: 16 Private Messages jdpman

You know its one thing to not have a Bunch of Cheer today. But its another to see how the person running the woot.com facebook is acting. Rude comments. "Liking" peoples complaints for no reason other than to aggravate customers. I don't know if they are realizing what they are doing. Those people are customers. Customers. Paying customers at that. It's wholly disrespectful. I could just see them sitting at their computer laughing as they "like" these comments. I've never seen anyone on woot act so rude before.

Heres the link for anyone curious:

https://www.facebook.com/woot/posts/10151288669678548

enderval

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enderval

I think the problem's really on my end, but hard as I've tried, I haven't been able to make the Bunch of Cheer appear on my screen this Christmas, despite trying to be good this year. My girlfriend did tell me I was naughty, but I thought that was a different reference, not the whole Santa thing...

Well if you have any extra Bunch of Cheer bags laying around to send me, maybe I can then fill it up on my own and show it to my sister, making her insanely jealous. That will be after Christmas anyway, so the naughtiness won't matter so much anymore (until next year...).

Rowdy

CuzzinMerl

quality posts: 24 Private Messages CuzzinMerl

Happy Batteries on Christmas!

rlj1010

quality posts: 12 Private Messages rlj1010
jdpman wrote:You know its one thing to not have a Bunch of Cheer today. But its another to see how the person running the woot.com facebook is acting. Rude comments. "Liking" peoples complaints for no reason other than to aggravate customers. I don't know if they are realizing what they are doing. Those people are customers. Customers. Paying customers at that. It's wholly disrespectful. I could just see them sitting at their computer laughing as they "like" these comments. I've never seen anyone on woot act so rude before.

Heres the link for anyone curious:

https://www.facebook.com/woot/posts/10151288669678548

Those Facebook posts are the sole reason I just emailed service@woot.com to have my account permanently CLOSED.

Any company making comments like those does NOT deserve our money.