astroliner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages astroliner
ThunderThighs wrote:Here's what my boss man, Gatzby, had to say the last time someone asked about Bunch of Cheer

Thank you! I appreciate you digging up that link for us. A vague explanation is far better than none!

So, while I am disappointed that I sat here waiting for something that didn't exist-- HOLY... Guys, we are all children finding out that Santa Claus doesn't exist! THAT's why it's so upsetting! Ornaments Make Festive Garland...

Now with that knowledge... bed time. Happy holidays, everyone, and thank you ThunderThighs for your hard work tonight!

m1sterb0b

quality posts: 1 Private Messages m1sterb0b
ThunderThighs wrote:Here's what my boss man, Gatzby, had to say the last time someone asked about Bunch of Cheer

Awesome, thank you for the link Mr (or mrs?) ThunderThighs! I was expecting it was more along the lines of "make it more special" I remember back in the day that it was one of those things that you didn't expect. You couldn't say "oh woot off, there is going to be a Big ol' Celebration ... or ten" Either way, as others have said, its not enough to make me stop wooting. Nor, as it is for some, is it something that will ruin my Christmas! Either way, Thanks again, and Merry Christmas Mr (or Mrs?) ThunderThighs and other woot-staff-dudes-or-dudettes-slash-people who may poke their heads in here today!

carl669

quality posts: 27 Private Messages carl669

oy! where are the narwhals?

Wife: Do you really need all this junk?
Me: At least I don't ask you if it makes me look fat.
--------------------------------------

jimithing78

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jimithing78

And thanks for that link. Nice to hear from someone in the company what they think about the Bunch of Cheer The second paragraph of that post says it all for me.

The way I read it was that Amazon is trying to run Woot as cheaply as possible and doesn't want to invest in the manpower, technology and bandwidth to make the Bunch of Cheer a regular occurrence.

Maybe that's not how he meant it but it sure read like that to me.

OldMatador

quality posts: 13 Private Messages OldMatador
gumbey wrote:Yes I am aware but it gives some people hope. i'm done trying to get a Bunch of Cheer it's nearly impossible.

Giving people hope? You realize that was Bane's master plan in The Dark Knight Rises before he was about to detonate a 5 megaton bomb within Gotham, right? Giving people hope just to kill them anyway.

Kinda like what you're doing.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 568 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

MisterRon wrote:Merry Christmas to the Woot! staff and all ships at sea (everyone else)!!

Back at you! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas day!

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

lancerc07

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lancerc07
carl669 wrote:oy! where are the narwhals?

Not sure, but we're suppose to be looking at them.

tkrzysko

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tkrzysko

Well I have been a Woot customer since the first 61MD10 tv in like 2005. From the description I'm reading it looks like Woot is saying BUY THE AA BATTERIES and if you don't you will learn a leason. I need batteries anyways so I bought 3 and I'm just hoping Woot tosses in a Bunch of Cheer or emails a link later to buy Bunch of Cheer I mean why would WOOT put up batteries on X-MAS? There is something fishy and I want to be a part of it.

draigun

quality posts: 22 Private Messages draigun

Considering this is basically what I got in my last Bunch of Cheer (though Kodak brand), I can't complain.

I loved that Bunch of Cheer and I'm just about out of them, so looks like it is time to order more!

skywarrior3

quality posts: 47 Private Messages skywarrior3
ThunderThighs wrote:Thank you and Merry Christmas to you. I hope you have a joy filled day.

Merry Christmas, Thunder Thighs. I do miss the old Woot though. Still, I do buy here and have gotten some nice Christmas presents for family. Thanks!

www.howlingdead.com

cappo

quality posts: 34 Private Messages cappo

Pa rum pa pum pum

Me and my drum.

The Christmas spirit is having problems here tonight.

OldMatador

You know, we've done too much complaining about Bags of Crap that may or may not exist anymore... It's time to discuss this deal. And what better way to do that than with music.

draigun

I like how some of you are saying that your last purchase was last year's Bunch of Cheer and how disappointed you are with Woot that there wasn't another this year. So disappointed, you'll never be back!

Until next holiday, of course. To check to see if there will be another Bunch of Cheer But that's only because Woot didn't put up a Bunch of Cheer before and you were so angry that you decided you would never give them business again! Except for if they put up another Bunch of Cheer

Logic right out the door..

winn158

quality posts: 0 Private Messages winn158

Merry Christmas to All (including everyone at Woot!), and To All a GOODNIGHT!

ThunderThighs

Staff

mjkane1 wrote:Bummed about the missing Bunch of Cheer but Merry Christmas everyone, especially poor ThunderThighs who no-one has yet pointed out is working Christmas Eve...

Thanks for noticing. Merry Chrismas, MJ.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

jimithing78

tkrzysko wrote:Well I have been a Woot customer since the first 61MD10 tv in like 2005. From the description I'm reading it looks like Woot is saying BUY THE AA BATTERIES and if you don't you will learn a leason. I need batteries anyways so I bought 3 and I'm just hoping Woot tosses in a Bunch of Cheer or emails a link later to buy Bunch of Cheer I mean why would WOOT put up batteries on X-MAS? There is something fishy and I want to be a part of it.

I suppose it's possible but if they require you to make a purchase to get a link to a Bunch of Cheer that's pretty poor IMO. It's possible there's a Bunch of Cheer just for buying the batteries but even if there is I think it's clear that a lot of loyal wooters are unhappy with the way Amazon has been running this site.

jimithing78

ThunderThighs wrote:Thanks for noticing. Merry Chrismas, MJ.

Yeah, Merry Christmas to you. Sorry you have to work on what's technically Christmas now and listen to all of us complain.

ozymandias2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ozymandias2
memnoch69 wrote:While I don't feel this way towards any admins, I do feel this way towards the site in general at this point

It's ok -- they evidently feel that way towards us -- just look at the comments they are making on facebook...

kaizersozi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaizersozi

How can I get only AAA batteries ?

SpenceMan01

quality posts: 15 Private Messages SpenceMan01

From when Amazon bought Woot:

Q: Will the Woot culture change?
A: Amazon is interested in us because they recognize the value of our people, our brand, and our unique style of deep-tissue, toxin-releasing massage. And they don’t want to start changing things now. Amazon’s hoping our nutty Woot steez continues to grow and develop (and perhaps even rubs off on them a little). They’re not looking to have their folks come in and run Woot unless we ask them to, which incidentally you can do by turning off the bathroom lights and saying the word “Kindle” three times; a helpful Amazon employee will appear in the mirror. That said, Amazon clearly knows what they’re doing in a lot of areas, so we’re geeked about the opportunities to tap into that knowledge and those resources, especially on the technology side. This is about making the Woot brand, culture, and business even stronger than it is today, and we expect that any changes will be for the better or we wouldn’t bother with this endless paperwork.

Guess that lasted for about 2 years before Amazon flushed the Woot culture down the toilet.

ThunderThighs

Staff

astroliner wrote:Thank you! I appreciate you digging up that link for us. A vague explanation is far better than none!

So, while I am disappointed that I sat here waiting for something that didn't exist-- HOLY... Guys, we are all children finding out that Santa Claus doesn't exist! THAT's why it's so upsetting! Ornaments Make Festive Garland...

Now with that knowledge... bed time. Happy holidays, everyone, and thank you ThunderThighs for your hard work tonight!

Thank you and I hope your day is filled with happiness, friends, and family.

FORUM MODERATOR

ThunderThighs

Staff

m1sterb0b wrote:Awesome, thank you for the link Mr (or mrs?) ThunderThighs! I was expecting it was more along the lines of "make it more special" I remember back in the day that it was one of those things that you didn't expect. You couldn't say "oh woot off, there is going to be a Big ol' Celebration ... or ten" Either way, as others have said, its not enough to make me stop wooting. Nor, as it is for some, is it something that will ruin my Christmas! Either way, Thanks again, and Merry Christmas Mr (or Mrs?) ThunderThighs and other woot-staff-dudes-or-dudettes-slash-people who may poke their heads in here today!

I'm a MS. And Merry Christmas to you and yours as well.

FORUM MODERATOR

BabyBear

quality posts: 18 Private Messages BabyBear
ThunderThighs wrote:Thanks for noticing.

Working??? I thought it was a labor of love!? You would glady do for free if Mr. ThunderThighs would let ya.. :'P

memnoch69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages memnoch69
draigun wrote:I like how some of you are saying that your last purchase was last year's Bunch of Cheer and how disappointed you are with Woot that there wasn't another this year. So disappointed, you'll never be back!

Until next holiday, of course. To check to see if there will be another Bunch of Cheer But that's only because Woot didn't put up a Bunch of Cheer before and you were so angry that you decided you would never give them business again! Except for if they put up another Bunch of Cheer

Logic right out the door..

But, if you notice, those of us who have said this made many purchases prior. Again, 3-4 a year on my part. Since the buyout when I've been here there is nothing I've wanted at a price that I was willing to pay. So it isn't just showing up for the crap, it was checking this website at 1am local time 365 days a year for a few years, and many times throughout the day during wootoffs. They don't want their servers bogged down, great, I won't be bogging them down now that this site isn't my homepage and I don't find anything that I can't find cheaper elsewhere.

twitter is the dumbest F%#$ing thing that ever happened to the internet.

Dissonance

quality posts: 13 Private Messages Dissonance

I'm sad about the missing stocking. It's the first year I haven't received one in a long time. As they have always lived up to their name, I'm not going to be too sad though.

What really depresses me is that Woot sent me the wrong size of Monkeygeddon shirt and service@woot.com basically said, "too bad." They used to have good service there. What happened? Hard to blame Amazon for that as they typically have good service too.

Oh, well. It is what it is.

Merry Christmas everyone.
Get some Christmas sleep TT so Santa can visit.

terry75lee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages terry75lee

Merry Christmas one and all!!!!!

OldMatador

ThunderThighs wrote:I'm a MS. And Merry Christmas to you and yours as well.

A Ms.? Spoken for? Wow, I stink at flirting.

cappo

quality posts: 34 Private Messages cappo

ThunderThighs

Staff

jimithing78 wrote:Yeah, Merry Christmas to you. Sorry you have to work on what's technically Christmas now and listen to all of us complain.

It's fine. I know change is hard but so is watching your servers explode on midnight of Christmas day.

Hope you have a wonderful day!

FORUM MODERATOR

mikemtn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mikemtn

I guess they're out of bags. I'm pretty sure they're not out of crap.

memnoch69

SpenceMan01 wrote:From when Amazon bought Woot:

Guess that lasted for about 2 years before Amazon flushed the Woot culture down the toilet.

Now this is a quality post if I've ever seen one

jimithing78

SpenceMan01 wrote:From when Amazon bought Woot:

2 years? I was thinking more like 2 weeks. Remember the USB powered stripper that used to pop up sometimes in the middle of the night of a woot off? No way something like that would pop up with Amazon's name on the company.

Dissonance

quality posts: 13 Private Messages Dissonance
jimithing78 wrote:2 years? I was thinking more like 2 weeks. Remember the USB powered stripper that used to pop up sometimes in the middle of the night of a woot off? No way something like that would pop up with Amazon's name on the company.

Remember the condoms?

ThunderThighs

Staff

OldMatador wrote:A Ms.? Spoken for? Wow, I stink at flirting.

ROFL. I'm a Ms with no Mr in my life.

FORUM MODERATOR

ozymandias2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ozymandias2
memnoch69 wrote:But, if you notice, those of us who have said this made many purchases prior. Again, 3-4 a year on my part. Since the buyout when I've been here there is nothing I've wanted at a price that I was willing to pay. So it isn't just showing up for the crap, it was checking this website at 1am local time 365 days a year for a few years, and many times throughout the day during wootoffs. They don't want their servers bogged down, great, I won't be bogging them down now that this site isn't my homepage and I don't find anything that I can't find cheaper elsewhere.

Even in the good old days of woot, not every day was a deal. I mean, I could only buy so many Dyson vacuums -- eventually I had one, and all my important giftees had them... a few items a year is not that bad a purchase rate.

memnoch69

ThunderThighs wrote:It's fine. I know change is hard but so is watching your servers explode on midnight of Christmas day.

You say servers, your FB people say we will buy whatever crap you put up, I'm sorry but I find the server excuse to be a bit coal

draigun

memnoch69 wrote:But, if you notice, those of us who have said this made many purchases prior. Again, 3-4 a year on my part. Since the buyout when I've been here there is nothing I've wanted at a price that I was willing to pay. So it isn't just showing up for the crap, it was checking this website at 1am local time 365 days a year for a few years, and many times throughout the day during wootoffs. They don't want their servers bogged down, great, I won't be bogging them down now that this site isn't my homepage and I don't find anything that I can't find cheaper elsewhere.

Buying things from a website doesn't entitle you to things like a Big ol' Celebration. If that were the case, I'd be an Amazon Crap Millionaire by now.

If the culture has changed, then leave the site. I just think it's hilarious that literally every time Woot doesn't offer a Bunch of Cheer everyone whines and says "I'M NEVER COMING BACK WOOT" only to come back of course, to see if Woot offers a Bunch of Cheer

BabyBear

quality posts: 18 Private Messages BabyBear
Dissonance wrote: It's the first year I haven't received one in a long time. As they have always lived up to their name, I'm not going to be too sad though.

Yes, Me too. Streak of at least 1 Body Of Christ per year since 2005 done. :'( Without them the subject of Woot doesn't come much anymore and I haven't sent new users Woot's way to check things out. The new multiple click website certainly isn't helping either. Have missed out on the Kodak Z990 refurb I was watching for a few times cause I didn't click everywhere to 'find' it, till it was too late and SOLD OUT.

draigun

BabyBear wrote:Have missed out on the Kodak Z990 refurb I was watching for a few times cause I didn't click everywhere to 'find' it.

See, I can understand this. I love the Woot! Plus deals solely for the fact that I was able to get a Z990 for $120 shipped.

Literally the best deal I have ever gotten from Woot, and I got it AFTER the Amazon buyout. However, it does take nearly daily monitoring of the Woot! Plus deals on the multitude of the Woot pages.

aerograd9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aerograd9
ThunderThighs wrote:It's fine. I know change is hard but so is watching your servers explode on midnight of Christmas day.

This is no longer about change. Change is the fact that the site lots all of its appeal in the redesign, the fun/ quirky aspect is gone, and not all Woot!-offs have a Bunch of Cheer No... at this point it is about being a Grinch, messing with tradition, and giving a big FU to peple who have taken time from their Christmas for years, just to visit your site. Then, to top it all off, we get flippant and rude comments from Woot! staff, just to make sure how little we are wanted or needed. Thanks for making it clear to us that we aren't wanted.