memnoch69

quality posts: 0 Private Messages memnoch69
ozymandias2 wrote:Even in the good old days of woot, not every day was a deal. I mean, I could only buy so many Dyson vacuums -- eventually I had one, and all my important giftees had them... a few items a year is not that bad a purchase rate.

Exactly, take into account the things needed or wanted, budget, and how often those things appeared, a few times a year seems fair. But that was a time of excitement...you couldn't wait to see what was coming just in case you couldn't live without it...now it is a case of "why would I want it" or "who would pay that price for that crap"...I mean, a treadmill for $1000, sure, it might be a deal, but how many people really want a treadmill and are willing to throw down $1000 for one this time of the year. I would much prefer looking at a Roomba yet again.

twitter is the dumbest F%#$ing thing that ever happened to the internet.

BabyBear

quality posts: 18 Private Messages BabyBear
ThunderThighs wrote:ROFL. I'm a Ms with no Mr in my life.

No wonder why it easier for you to work on Xmas. :')

I hear there was a young nice Jewish man who's celebrating a birthday today who might be looking. Though think that might require a name change to "ThunderNunThighs". ;'/

RebelTaz

quality posts: 8 Private Messages RebelTaz
aerograd9 wrote:This is no longer about change. Change is the fact that the site lots all of its appeal in the redesign, the fun/ quirky aspect is gone, and not all Woot!-offs have a Bunch of Cheer No... at this point it is about being a Grinch, messing with tradition, and giving a big FU to peple who have taken time from their Christmas for years, just to visit your site. Then, to top it all off, we get flippant and rude comments from Woot! staff, just to make sure how little we are wanted or needed. Thanks for making it clear to us that we aren't wanted.

Now THAT is a quality post! Hear, Hear!

draigun

quality posts: 21 Private Messages draigun
memnoch69 wrote:Exactly, take into account the things needed or wanted, budget, and how often those things appeared, a few times a year seems fair. But that was a time of excitement...you couldn't wait to see what was coming just in case you couldn't live without it...now it is a case of "why would I want it" or "who would pay that price for that crap"...I mean, a treadmill for $1000, sure, it might be a deal, but how many people really want a treadmill and are willing to throw down $1000 for one this time of the year. I would much prefer looking at a Roomba yet again.

Apparently a lot considering it sold out.

Also, if you guys "took time away from Christmas" to check for a Bunch of Cheer I'd really go back and check your priorities in life.

OldMatador

quality posts: 13 Private Messages OldMatador

Oh... OHHHH..... Oh...

What? I'm just fixing my hair.

cappo

quality posts: 29 Private Messages cappo

Somehow I foresee you regretting you typed that in short order.

memnoch69

draigun wrote:Buying things from a website doesn't entitle you to things like a Big ol' Celebration. If that were the case, I'd be an Amazon Crap Millionaire by now.

If the culture has changed, then leave the site. I just think it's hilarious that literally every time Woot doesn't offer a Bunch of Cheer everyone whines and says "I'M NEVER COMING BACK WOOT" only to come back of course, to see if Woot offers a Bunch of Cheer

Never did I say I was entitled to a Bunch of Cheer Often I posted about how it sucked I didn't get one, but that is how life goes. I never expected one, but I had hope.

Sure, I may come back...but not 365 days a year, like I once did. Not buying several times a year, like I once did. Not proclaiming the greatness of this website to anyone who listened, like I once did.

Am I going away...again, no...am I the loyal customer, happy with a website that I loved, nope. Now Woot is like Wal Mart to me...I hate it, but every now and then I will check them out to see if they have something I can't live without. No more will my sets of woot lights make people think there is a cop in my house...now they will see darkness, representing the death of Woot.com

aerograd9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aerograd9
draigun wrote:

Also, if you guys "took time away from Christmas" to check for a Bunch of Cheer I'd really go back and check your priorities in life.

Says the person who is on here at the same time, doing the same thing.

theguruguys

quality posts: 276 Private Messages theguruguys

For those who need a bunch of batteries quicker and live near a Fry's you can get a 100 pack of AC Delco AA's for $14.99 starting 9am tomorrow (online, then pick up in store Wednesday), these are the same ones that woot! has featured before.

draigun

memnoch69 wrote:Never did I say I was entitled to a Bunch of Cheer Often I posted about how it sucked I didn't get one, but that is how life goes. I never expected one, but I had hope.

Sure, I may come back...but not 365 days a year, like I once did. Not buying several times a year, like I once did. Not proclaiming the greatness of this website to anyone who listened, like I once did.

Am I going away...again, no...am I the loyal customer, happy with a website that I loved, nope. Now Woot is like Wal Mart to me...I hate it, but every now and then I will check them out to see if they have something I can't live without. No more will my sets of woot lights make people think there is a cop in my house...now they will see darkness, representing the death of Woot.com

And that's fine. For those of us who actually like deals beyond just an $8 grab bag of possibilities, Woot is still alive and well.

PabloPalmeri6837

quality posts: 2 Private Messages PabloPalmeri6837

Woot, while I appreciate you making fun of the people upset, I hope you also enjoy me pointing out the most of the people complaining have BLACK next to the name, while most of the people telling us to get over it do not. You're upsetting the people actually spend money. Merry Christmas, and I hope you realize, I won't be back next year. Amazon I love you but your ruined woot.

draigun

aerograd9 wrote:Says the person who is on here at the same time, doing the same thing.

I'm not "taking away from Christmas." It is 1AM. Everyone is asleep.

lancerc07

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lancerc07
aerograd9 wrote:Then, to top it all off, we get flippant and rude comments from Woot! staff, just to make sure how little we are wanted or needed. Thanks for making it clear to us that we aren't wanted.

I think that's the biggest thing here. Don't want to do the bags? Cool! But when you're breaking a tradition you know your customers look forward to, you should expect them to respond negatively. That much shouldn't have been a surprise to anyone, and a response could have been made in advance.

Rude/arrogant Facebook comments coupled with 'likes' for every upset comment is not the way to handle it.

skywarrior3

quality posts: 47 Private Messages skywarrior3

Thunder Thighs -- I used to be an admin with a cable/satellite provider who had to work long hours to keep servers running during pay-per-view matches. Servers going down is no fun. Slightly disappointed tonight, but not really upset. Got some decent presents for family for Christmas. Thanks, and try to have a sane night, despite the insults...
Merry Christmas!

www.howlingdead.com

draigun

For those talking about Woot breaking away from tradition, you sure are forgetting how rude and sarcastic Woot has always been. I actually like that tradition.

memnoch69

draigun wrote:And that's fine. For those of us who actually like deals beyond just an $8 grab bag of possibilities, Woot is still alive and well.

I have many deals beyond that. Several t-shirts, woot lights, monkeys that still fly but no longer scream, a TENS unit, I could go on. But if you think $1000 for a treadmill is a deal, or $17 (after shipping) for a couple dozen batteries is a "deal", well, I hope you enjoy...but clearly you are in the minority here. Oh, and perhaps, just maybe, woot will offer a deal that helps people learn how to read so they can see the people complaining weren't just buying the $8 of crap, after they have stated it a half dozen times.

jlandrith

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jlandrith

Ok - now what is a narwhals?

-Jeff

Shultis

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Shultis
thurmanite wrote:Here's an idea. On this day, of any day of the year, where so many look to the future and the coming year with hope and joy, you simply appreciate Woot and go to bed with your families. Or, stay here and complain like some donkeys, or ja_ka__es, about how the old woot is gone. Your choice.

Good night everyone and Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

It's kind of like when your friend, you're really cool friend, gets married, and says... oh, no, it'll be the same, we'll still hang out and do stuff, except, you never see him.

Woot was cool, edgy, different, and they got married, and now the spouse tells them what to do, and when to do it. No more dumping some crap in bags and passing it out, so that the 99% that didn't get any could say... "Worst christmas ever", or "worst woot-off" ever.

I'm sure Woot makes a lot more money these days, but it's not my money, I haven't bought anyting in a while.

lehrdude

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lehrdude
draigun wrote:I'm not "taking away from Christmas." It is 1AM. Everyone is asleep.

Even the mice?

draigun

memnoch69 wrote:Oh, and perhaps, just maybe, woot will offer a deal that helps people learn how to read so they can see the people complaining weren't just buying the $8 of crap, after they have stated it a half dozen times.

I read that part.

I also read this part:

memnoch69 wrote:1 year to the day since my last purchase, twice in the past year I have visited the site.

You've only been to the website twice in the past year, yet you're back once again and getting mad because Woot won't offer you an $8 Big ol' Celebration?

Okay.

lancerc07

quality posts: 5 Private Messages lancerc07
lehrdude wrote:Even the mice?

They ran out of Panasonic Plus AA batteries.

theguruguys

PabloPalmeri6837 wrote:Woot, while I appreciate you making fun of the people upset, I hope you also enjoy me pointing out the most of the people complaining have BLACK next to the name, while most of the people telling us to get over it do not. You're upsetting the people actually spend money. Merry Christmas, and I hope you realize, I won't be back next year. Amazon I love you but your ruined woot.

You have been here for awhile, you know that Bunch of Cheer#39;s take down the server and cause chaos for the technicians at woot! You seriously want them to work all night on Christmas Eve and Christmas Morning trying to keep things stable? I can understand about people complaining on woot-off's, but on Christmas Eve, at this point in Woot's history, have some mercy everyone!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 542 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

tkrzysko wrote:Well I have been a Woot customer since the first 61MD10 tv in like 2005. From the description I'm reading it looks like Woot is saying BUY THE AA BATTERIES and if you don't you will learn a leason. I need batteries anyways so I bought 3 and I'm just hoping Woot tosses in a Bunch of Cheer or emails a link later to buy Bunch of Cheer I mean why would WOOT put up batteries on X-MAS? There is something fishy and I want to be a part of it.

Sorry, nothing fishy. We have no Bunch of Cheer to offer today.

Now go and be with your friends and family. Enjoy this wonderful day.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

aerograd9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aerograd9

The fan boys on a tirade people. Watch out.

ThunderThighs

Staff

skywarrior3 wrote:Merry Christmas, Thunder Thighs. I do miss the old Woot though. Still, I do buy here and have gotten some nice Christmas presents for family. Thanks!

Merry Christmas to you Sky. They're saying we may actually have a white Christmas here in north Texas. Go figure.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

draigun

ThunderThighs wrote:Merry Christmas to you Sky. They're saying we may actually have a white Christmas here in north Texas. Go figure.

I miss that 70 degree Dallas weather I had the pleasure of experiencing last winter.

ThunderThighs

Staff

winn158 wrote:Merry Christmas to All (including everyone at Woot!), and To All a GOODNIGHT!

Merry Christmas, Winn. Hope there are visions of sugar plums dancing in your head.

troller11

quality posts: 7 Private Messages troller11

There is no money for Amazon or the shareholders with our beloved bisquits on cocaine. So we show up here on Xmas eve, blowing off our family and friends to look for our own possible surprise, and we're met with a sale for batteries ......batteries that if you don't already have them, will be received too frigging late for those presents that need batteries. Woot should know that by Xmas day it's too late to sell squat. How about remembering your most faithful customers? I've bought HUNDREDS of woots. When those Texas boys sold their business, they sold it to a SOULLESS business entity that has no concept of what made WOOT great.

ThunderThighs

Staff

jimithing78 wrote:Yeah, Merry Christmas to you. Sorry you have to work on what's technically Christmas now and listen to all of us complain.

Thank you, Jim. Not unexpected even though we didn't have a Bunch of Cheer last year either. This will not ruin my Christmas and I hope nobody lets it ruin theirs either.

EDIT: I sit corrected on last year

ThunderThighs

Staff

kaizersozi wrote:How can I get only AAA batteries ?

Sorry, we don't have an AAA only selection.

draigun

ThunderThighs wrote:Thank you, Jim. Not unexpected even though we didn't have a Bunch of Cheer last year either. This will not ruin my Christmas and I hope nobody lets it ruin theirs either.

Not to detract, since I'm trying to make your Christmas as joyous as possible, but you DID have one last year:
http://www.woot.com/offers/santas-sack-of-crap

Either way, I appreciate what you do TT. You're hardcore dedicated. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

memnoch69

draigun wrote:You've only been to the website twice in the past year, yet you're back once again and getting mad because Woot won't offer you an $8 Big ol' Celebration?

Okay.

Actually, you bring up a good point, 3-4 purchases a year would be if I included this past year. I was purchasing far more often than that. Starting with the Amazon buy out the "deals" got worse. I stayed around for 7 months of crap before giving up on it. From 5/12/11 through 12/25/11 there was nothing I was interested in. Why bother checking every day if I couldn't find 1 damn thing in 7 months worth purchasing? 19 purchases in 17 months, then nothing for 7 months...why bother to check every day?

darkinc

quality posts: 31 Private Messages darkinc
ThunderThighs wrote:Thank you, Jim. Not unexpected even though we didn't have a Bunch of Cheer last year either. This will not ruin my Christmas and I hope nobody lets it ruin theirs either.

Had to log in to say Merry Christmas

theguruguys

ThunderThighs wrote:Merry Christmas to you Sky. They're saying we may actually have a white Christmas here in north Texas. Go figure.

We did get almost a foot so snow on the ground in 2004 South Texas, even 4" at Galveston Beach. Being a lifelong Texan and having never been in real snow, it was quite special to be able to build real snowmen Christmas morning!

Unfortunately it appears all we are going to get down here is rain most of the day this time

aaron420

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aaron420

Sigh...Woot Woot Woot, I'm going to bed with no Bunch of Cheer but I will wish you a merry Christmas anyway ... good night

jmp8910

quality posts: 10 Private Messages jmp8910

Well it does kinda suck that there is no box of cookies this year. I remember, this time last year, I scored my first one! Anyway, Merry Christmas everyone, i know it is upsetting but lets not forget what the holiday is really about.

ThunderThighs

Staff

draigun wrote:Not to detract, since I'm trying to make your Christmas as joyous as possible, but you DID have one last year:
http://www.woot.com/offers/santas-sack-of-crap

Either way, I appreciate what you do TT. You're hardcore dedicated. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

Huh, someone said we didn't have one last year and I believed them. Doesn't help that I have the memory of a gnat. Thanks.

jmp8910

quality posts: 10 Private Messages jmp8910
ThunderThighs wrote:Huh, someone said we didn't have one last year and I believed them. Doesn't help that I have the memory of a gnat. Thanks.

yea i remember last years, it was my first Big ol' Celebration i ever got.

draigun

ThunderThighs wrote:Huh, someone said we didn't have one last year and I believed them. Doesn't help that I have the memory of a gnat. Thanks.

No problem. I only know from my purchase history. Either way, these AA batteries will come in useful for my Z990. Dog chewed my charger up for the rechargeables, and these are great for taking on trips.

rnatalie

quality posts: 11 Private Messages rnatalie

Not even an offer of a Bunch of Cheer I've never got one but that's not the point. My wife's mad at me for hopping out of bed at 12:55 EST to check.

No more LabRats on wine.woot either (advance bottles so users could write reviews). Just nothing left anymore to be interested in.

I've got a black square too, but frankly, I've hardly bought anything in a long time. The site is just sour to me.

Certified Wine Geek